Death Cab For Cutie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

somenoise
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that www.insound.com currently has Death Cab For Cuties upcoming album 'Plans" available for

pre-order. All orders will receive a free 7" while supplies last. There's also a coupon code to save 10% on the album, "plans10",

that can be entered at checkout and expires 8.30.05. Here's the link to order the album:

http://www.insound.com/noteworthy/promo.cfm?p=475

SlipknoT
I hate Death Cab for Cutie..

Wolf Dog
I like their cover of The Smith's "This Charming Man" too much. hella good. "thats incentive" is good too. Ive only listened to one of their albums so I cant say much on them hopefully they get better. thumb up

Imaginary
I love Deathcab.

Reckoning
Already on the plan.

Morgoths_Wrath
meh

StinkFist462
big no no for DCFC

ElectricBugaloo
i prefere the postal service

StinkFist462
out of PS and DCFC i prefer neither.

BABAR
Dude, their new album is pretty sweet, yeah it lacks the schredding and double bass, of say, Reign in Blood, but who wants to be all aggro all the time anyway? It's not out yet, but you can stream the new album at mtvu.com right now. It'll chill some people out.

BABAR
They're good. Not as angry as slayer, but definetly worthwhile. I listened to the new album at mtvu.com, and it was good, but not aggro (unfortunately for some). Check it out, it's good for you.

Alpha Centauri
Transatlanticism is quite a good album, has some great songs on it.

They're the Explosions in the Sky to Grandaddy's GYBE!, though.

-AC

SlipknoT
Originally posted by BABAR
They're good. Not as angry as slayer, but definetly worthwhile. I listened to the new album at mtvu.com, and it was good, but not aggro (unfortunately for some). Check it out, it's good for you. What does Slayer have to do with them? I mean that just seemed kind of random.

ElectricBugaloo
i actually really liked the photo album and transatlanticism. one of the better bands out now

RedAlertv2
Yeah, theyre pretty cool

Df02
Originally posted by SlipknoT
I hate Death Cab for Cutie..

you sure do hate a lot of good music, yet still have the gall to have a Slipknot signature and name

bardock
their okay

RedAlertv2
Ive actually come to really like this band

ElectricBugaloo
the new cd sucks

RedAlertv2
havent heard it yet

Alpha Centauri
I quite like Plans, solid album.

-AC

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I quite like Plans, solid album.

-AC

Is it better than Transatlanticism?

jaden101
pretty good stuff...i like "a movie script ending"...

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Is it better than Transatlanticism?

Hmm.

I wouldn't say any Death Cab albums are growers but I haven't gave Plans as much time as I gave Transatlanticism. There are some songs on Plans I like better than any song on Transatlanticism (save for We Looked Like Giants), but as a whole I think Transatlanticism is better.

Will write again when I've given it more time.

-AC

RedAlertv2
I was gonna buy Plans today but the store was out of stock. ****in Target and its terrible music section

RedAlertv2
So AC is Plans better than Transatlanticism?

Alpha Centauri
So RedAlert, there's a post up there that happens to be a week so old.

Your answer is there.

-AC

RedAlertv2
Okay I see that now. At first I only read the "will write again" part.

Im gonna buy plans as soon as I find it

TheStormrider
Damn good lyrics.

Music... eh, not so hot.

Solo
Not a big fan of Plans. But other than that album, they seriously own.

*Georgina_A*
I only know a couple of their songs, but love the ones I've heard.

Imaginary
Hmm... At first I didn't really like Plans but then again, I know all the words to every song on Transatlanticism. I really like "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" from Plans though.

papabeard
I like the earlier more experimental stuff, the newer stuff is weak. I prefer the Postal Service

.Dance_Inside.
I love Death Cab, I have only one of their CD's 'Transatlanticism' and I was going to see them in concert sometime this month but!! the tickets sold out before I could buy any sad

RedAlertv2
Id like to see them live someday, and they are touring here, but Im pretty sure they are sold out. That would be a good change of pace for a live show.

MovieMan22
Death Cab blows.

Imaginary
I wanna see them live too... sometimes living in Australia sucks.

Solo
I saw them live almost exactly a year ago for sixteen dollars. It was amazing. Although the closest they'll come to Nevada (not that they're uber popular) will be Sacremento.

xLiNdS x 622x
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
I love Death Cab, I have only one of their CD's 'Transatlanticism' and I was going to see them in concert sometime this month but!! the tickets sold out before I could buy any sad
same here erm

Solo
So, I'm here listening to Plans, and I must say, it's much better than I remember it being.

RedAlertv2
I didnt like Plans right away like I did with Transatlantisism. But its better than it seems to be getting credit for.

*Georgina_A*
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
I didnt like Plans right away like I did with Transatlantisism. But its better than it seems to be getting credit for.

I love that song.

I <3 Death Cab.

Alpha Centauri
They're not exactly an original band.

About Plans: It's a good album, Transatlanticism is much better.

-AC

Neo_Version 7
Death Cab is one of bestest bands ever. yes

Alpha Centauri
Bit of a stretch, they're a good band.

-AC

Afro Cheese
They performed on SNL last week.. don't like em.

Neo_Version 7
Oh, what songs did they perform?

Afro Cheese
I'm not sure the names. For the first song they had a keyboard player who wasn't really doing anything so I'm guessing it's one of their only songs with keyboards, cause on the second one he was playing guitar and doing a much better job than he did with the keyboard. The first one ended with like "as our melody floats across the sky" or something to that effect.

Neo_Version 7
Oh, okay.

Kinda off-topic but what songs does everyone like in particular from DCFC?

I like (in random order):

We Looked Like Giants
I Will Follow You Into the Dark
Photobooth
Sound of Settling
Crooked Teeth
Soul Meets Body
Marching Bands of Manhatten

Alpha Centauri
We Looked like Giants is their best song, though it's not necessarily my favourite.

Title and Registration is my fav by them.

-AC

Neo_Version 7
Yeah, forgot about "Title and Registration". One of the songs they played on the O.C. if i remember correctly.

- Neo_v7

Imaginary
Yep, they played it along with A Movie Scipt Ending and A Lack Of Colour. It's one of my favourites along with We Looked Like Giants, Photobooth and I Will Follow You Into The Dark... basically I like every song on Transatlanticism.

*Georgina_A*
A Lack of Color is my favourite song by them.

Solo
Just saw them for my second time last night with Franz Ferdinand and The Cribs. Awesome stuff, totally awesome.

Punkyhermy
I loev DCFC. Lovely. Just beautiful wordings and sound. happy

Hans Moleman
Transatlanitcism
Tiny Vessels
Expo '86

would have to be my fav Death Cab for Cutie songs

TPS
Death Cab are a really great band.

I have just recently been getting into Indie Rock... and I kind of went backwards. I started listening to the Postal Service before Death Cab. But, they are good all the same.

Punkyhermy
5XHyHYoVp5Y
gorgeousness.

Punkyhermy
8Az6bVkGQJc

*hearts*

i'm having one of my hooked on music mornings.

happy

SnakeEyes
Their new album "Narrow Stairs" is out now, I'm actually listening to it right now.

After a few more listens I'll share what I think about it, in the meantime, anyone else heard it?

RedAlertv2
Ive listened to the new album a couple times, I really like it. Its not all that new or different compared to what theyve been doing, but personally Im ok with that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.