Best Batman Artist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemshock2
So who would you consider to have drawn the best Batman yet? For me, it absolutely has to be Kelly Jones. I was introduced to him during the Knightfall era when he drew some of the covers, and eventually enjoyed his work during his monthly job on "Batman". His use of shadows was unbelievable (so much ink was used he probably single-handedly doubled its cost). Sure certain images were surreal and overexaggerated, but every panel contained the right amount of noir feeling that the world of Batman deserved. And most importantly he made Batman very intimidating. Alex Ross does a great Batman too, but then again Alex Ross can make anything look good. So what other artists do you guys like?

Mainstream
I always like Jim Lee and Tim Sale myself.

munkiesarus
Jim Lee for the best.

Sale is great for being so creepy. Great stuff.

SnakeEyes
Jim Lee all the way!!!!

Kieralinn
Originally posted by systemshock2
Alex Ross does a great Batman too, but then again Alex Ross can make anything look good. So what other artists do you guys like?

I actually don't like his stuff at all.

I would say Jim Lee. He draws a very sexy Batman/Bruce Wayne!

Paola
Bruce Timm?

Pointinel
Jim Lee # 1

also for X-Men

systemshock2
Brian Stelfreeze did a great job as a Batman cover artist with his run on Shadow of the Bat.

Joseph_Kerr
Neal Adams, Norm Breyfogle

Blair Wind
I like Michael Turners Batman, in Superman and Batman; and In the Justice League Identity Crisis Covers

then again I like all of Michael Turners drawings....

munkiesarus
Ech, I can't stand Michael Turner.

Silvestri is better!

Blair Wind
wha?? look at this...batman looks good like this!!

Blair Wind
and one more for god measure

faradayslaw
Jim Lee

Bat Dude
Jim Lee, Michael Turner, and I actually like Alan Davis'(I think that's his name) work in the mid 80s. He did pretty well.

Bludhaven Boy
Neal Adams, and I love Alex Ross, but his Batman is off. I demand eye lenses! Tom Grummet actually does awesome Batman too, especially when he guested in Titans.

Harvey Dent
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/140120659X/qid=1122801691/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_ur_2_1/002-3362948-8788055

Batman: Cover to Cover : The Greatest Comic Book Covers of the Dark Knight (Batman) (Hardcover)

This book is on my wishlist.

http://www.tonyznet.com/titans/comingsoon/covers/may/batman-covertocover-hc.jpg

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by Harvey Dent
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/140120659X/qid=1122801691/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_ur_2_1/002-3362948-8788055

Batman: Cover to Cover : The Greatest Comic Book Covers of the Dark Knight (Batman) (Hardcover)

This book is on my wishlist.

Anyone heard of this book? anyone?

Burner
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Jim Lee all the way!!!!

What are you, my clone? 'Cause Snake Eyes used to be one of my Aliases 'cause he is awesome, and Jim Lee is not only the best Batman artist, but my favorite artist as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.