Wolverine vs. Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jgiant
it will be a brawl but i dont know if wolvie can stand up against that sweet hog of GR's.

jinzin
tie....while wolvie can't kill gr his admantium has a wierd effect that results in a double ko I doubt gr can put logan down before he gets in one good slice....tie.

Sentry
Originally posted by jinzin
tie....while wolvie can't kill gr his admantium has a wierd effect that results in a double ko I doubt gr can put logan down before he gets in one good slice....tie.

Didn't they blow up or something when his Admantium cut into GS?

jinzin
yeah...it also caused some sort of strange psychic backlash for both parties as well...

olympian
"tie....while wolvie can't kill gr his admantium has a wierd effect that results in a double ko I doubt gr can put logan down before he gets in one good slice....tie."

Since Wolverine has killed innocents before if GR uses a penance stare Logan is done for it.

Sentry
Originally posted by olympian
"tie....while wolvie can't kill gr his admantium has a wierd effect that results in a double ko I doubt gr can put logan down before he gets in one good slice....tie."

Since Wolverine has killed innocents before if GR uses a penance stare Logan is done for it.

If he doesn't stab GS first. Penance stare will probably work, but that stare has to be point blank. GS has to look directly into the eyes of Wolvie for it to work. Once Wolvie stabs him, poof!!! Psychic Backlash. If this was a boneclaw Wolvie, then he'd probably be fu<ked. Wolvie I mean.

olympian
The claws work against his magical body?

Oh wait this is Wolverine wer talking about.....nevermind. wink

Sentry
Wolverine can do anything!!! eek!

WhiteRacistGirl
Are you guys nuts, Ghost Rider will drag, Wolverine with his chain.

olympian
Except beating PiP. Hes the midget number uno at Marvel.

jinzin

oh yeah....good point....

jinzin
Originally posted by Sentry
If he doesn't stab GS first. Penance stare will probably work, but that stare has to be point blank. GS has to look directly into the eyes of Wolvie for it to work. Once Wolvie stabs him, poof!!! Psychic Backlash. If this was a boneclaw Wolvie, then he'd probably be fu<ked. Wolvie I mean.

oooh there's another good point..i still say tie.

Scoobless
Ghost Rider recovers from the "backlash" before WOlverine doesn't he?.... if he wakes up first then he can finish the runt off

thesilverspider
gr will choke that midget with his chain and drag him off the end of his bike then he will hit him wit that stare and its a wrap

jinzin
hmmm yeah he did actually...but still for the purposes of a single fight that's a tie...but yeah he'll win the second round..cause wolvie will be....well asleep....of course he could wake wolvie up....and we've seen what wolvie does when that happens..(berserker fury) then it's the same damned scenario all over again...

Dark Thor
ghost rider would run over logan with his motorcycle. does the penance stare work on heroes?

jinzin
if they've killed innocence it doesn't matter if they're heroes...

Dark Thor
i never really like wolverine. im always digusted by his attitude

CorderaMitchell
The claws work against his magical body?

Oh wait this is Wolverine wer talking about.....nevermind. wink

What is that in your sig?

Dark Thor
lmfao...thats what i was wondering

Scoobless
it looks like Hercules in the background

CorderaMitchell
You should get brain in your avatar.

house
gr will tear wolvie apart

grey fox
This backlash thing sounds interesting ...... any adamantium or just wolvies ?

King Thor
Wolverine goes down...easily.

grey fox
Originally posted by King Thor
....but so does gs , at the same time.

Adam Warlock
But GR will get up first. Then proceed to beat on the unconscious midget.

grey fox
Hmmm maybe that will stop the RWF ?

wolverine8888
Originally posted by King Thor

u realy need to be more up to date on ur info. adamatium is perfect for battle ghost rider

Tassadar
The adamantiums affect on GR wont happen if GR chains him up or roasts him in hellfire, I say GR 9/10

capt it up
Originally posted by Tassadar
The adamantiums affect on GR wont happen if GR chains him up or roasts him in hellfire, I say GR 9/10
ecpt for the fact wolverine far to quick and skilled for that to happen.

diabloman
wolverine would kick ghostrider off his harley and take it and go for a nice ride.

jinzin

at this point I'd simply like to address the fact that ghost rider has had issues with members of the hand dodging around his chains and giving him a hard time.. we all remember what wolverine thinks of hand ninjas don't we?
confused

http://img450.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ninjas15wy.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ninjas20wc.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ninjas81oa.jpg

in any case.. TIE...

Grimm22
Its either a tie or Ghost Rider wins.

Its impossible for Wolverine to win this.

Litterly it is.

jinzin
agreed.. GR can't be beaten through physical means just hindered...

Tassadar
Originally posted by diabloman
wolverine would kick ghostrider off his harley and take it and go for a nice ride.

Like he did to Batman? rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance big grin cool smokin'

diabloman
Like he did to Batman? rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance big grin cool smokin' oh yah. and i remember gambit stealing the batmobile

Dayscribe
Ghost Rider 10/10. Penance stare. Wolvie wouldn't be able to stand up to Hellfire either.

diabloman
Like he did to Batman? rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance big grin cool smokin'

Grimm22
Originally posted by Dayscribe
Ghost Rider 10/10. Penance stare. Wolvie wouldn't be able to stand up to Hellfire either.

But he's too "quick and skilled" to be hurt by the penitence stare laughing

Grimm22
Originally posted by diabloman

You know with all the gadgets in the Batmobile one would think that he would have some kind of security on it. no expression

But, I guess Wolverine is just to "quick and skilled" for the Batmobile laughing

diabloman
Originally posted by Grimm22
You know with all the gadgets in the Batmobile one would think that he would have some kind of security on it. no expression

But, I guess Wolverine is just to "quick and skilled" for the Batmobile laughing forget about the stupid gadgets. i put that pic. of showing how fast gambit and wolverine are.

jinzin
i think there's some sort of strange misconception going on here... ghost rider already tried. that it's not instantaneous and GR has to be up close to do it.. wolverine stabs.. double KO... tie again... so no GR 10/10 due to penance stare won't work.

Dayscribe
i think there's some sort of strange misconception going on here... ghost rider already tried. that it's not instantaneous and GR has to be up close to do it.. wolverine stabs.. double KO... tie again... so no GR 10/10 due to penance stare won't work.

What the f**k?

Why wouldn't the penance stare work?

Wait a minute. Did it happen in an X-Men or Wolverine comic?

Grimm22

Still if it was a fight to the death, GR takes it easy.

Seriously he could just send Wolverine to hell if he had to.

He ain't coming back from that wink

Grimm22
What the f**k?

I think it was in a GR comic

Dayscribe
You're kidding.

Grimm22
You're kidding.

Nope. Of course this was in the early 90's when Wolverine was just beginning his ascent into his 'godlike' position he is in today.

jinzin
What the f**k?

wolverine gave some jibe about enough people having already tried to mess with logan's head and being uncuccessful.. then he hit GR in the in the face with a fistfull o'claw.. KBOOM.. double KO.. I'll post it sometime...

it's not so much that it wouldn't work though.. honestly I think it would..
the problem has more to do with how what GR has to do to use it, which is get up close and render wolverine immobile before he tries...

Dayscribe
Originally posted by Grimm22
Nope. Of course this was in the early 90's when Wolverine was just beginning his ascent into his 'godlike' position he is in today.

More sacrifice to up the mythos?

Grimm22
More sacrifice to up the mythos?

yes

indeed

Dayscribe
wolverine gave some jibe about enough people having already tried to mess with logan's head and being uncuccessful.. then he hit GR in the in the face with a fistfull o'claw.. KBOOM.. double KO.. I'll post it sometime...

it's not so much that it wouldn't work though.. honestly I think it would..
the problem has more to do with how what GR has to do to use it, which is get up close and render wolverine immobile before he tries...

Best tactic would be to chain Wolvie's hands together.

GR is one of those special characters where it takes a helluva lot to take him out, yet nobody remembers him. GR whipped around Venom like a chump in Sign of the Boss.

Milkie
Anyone got pics of the Penance Stare in action?

jinzin
Best tactic would be to chain Wolvie's hands together.

GR is one of those special characters where it takes a helluva lot to take him out, yet nobody remembers him. GR whipped around Venom like a chump in Sign of the Boss.

and venon whipped him around like a red headed stepchild in knights of venom..

to my knowledge physical means can't take GR out at all.... but as far as the chainging wolverine up goes.. spiderman can't do it using multiple webs.. I seriously doubt GR will successfully pull that off... especially when he's had trouble chaining up hand ninjas before...

...I remember GR.. probably better than most.. he's easily one of my favorite marvel superheroes for sure... and my favorite all time villain is GR villain... but yeah I know what you're talking about.

Psyquis52
Ghost Rider can catch him in his chain or go ahead and let Wolverine stab him. It's not like it hurts much. Either way Wolverine will be close enough for the penance stare to work on him and if Ghost Rider can use the Penance Stare on DD and it work then he can seriously hurt Wolverine.

jinzin
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Ghost Rider can catch him in his chain or go ahead and let Wolverine stab him. It's not like it hurts much. Either way Wolverine will be close enough for the penance stare to work on him and if Ghost Rider can use the Penance Stare on DD and it work then he can seriously hurt Wolverine.
uhhh have you not been paying attention.. you may want to reread through this thread to find out what happens to GR when logan stabs him...

Psyquis52
I did review and something just doesn't sound right about that adamantium having a weird affect on him. I think it has more to do with Wolverine hitting him in the center of his being. It matters very little because if GR is really after Wolverine then he is going down. There's not much stopping him.

Again, I don't think that it was the type of metal that made him go boom, I think there was something more to it than that, sides are we talking about current Ghost Rider? I was under the impression we were and I believe there are some differences.

jinzin
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I did review and something just doesn't sound right about that adamantium having a weird affect on him. I think it has more to do with Wolverine hitting him in the center of his being. It matters very little because if GR is really after Wolverine then he is going down. There's not much stopping him.

Again, I don't think that it was the type of metal that made him go boom, I think there was something more to it than that, sides are we talking about current Ghost Rider? I was under the impression we were and I believe there are some differences.

what? there's even a current ghost rider?

I wasn't aware his books were still out

in any event that was the explanation that was giving for the KO and it makes sense according to wolverine's consistency hittin incorporial lifeforms...

Psyquis52
Agreed.

And yes there is a current form of GR that is even badder and scarier than the one we know and love. He's pretty badass.

jinzin
damn.. how the hell have I not seen any GR titles on the shelves?

guy222
Blaze FTW

Likwid
Ghost Rider. This is an absolute joke of a thread. GR could solo the entire X-Force and be home for dinner.

Badabing
Well, the thread was made 2 years ago. Current GR wins this.

EvilTyrant
What innocent ppl have Wolverine killed? Far as I know everyone who died by his hand had it coming, unless an accident. I also thought Ghost Rider went after those who intentionally harms innocents. Can you imagine playing baseball and hitting someone with the ball then GR shows up to penance stare you. >,< Also the GR vs Wolv happened in a Marvel Comics Presents, forgot issue number.

guy222
http://i117.imagethrust.com/t/934648/gr24frankblackdcp009.jpg http://i119.imagethrust.com/t/934649/gr24frankblackdcp010.jpg http://i112.imagethrust.com/t/934650/gr24frankblackdcp011.jpg http://i114.imagethrust.com/t/934651/gr24frankblackdcp022.jpg http://i110.imagethrust.com/t/934652/gr24frankblackdcp024.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
What innocent ppl have Wolverine killed? Far as I know everyone who died by his hand had it coming, unless an accident. I also thought Ghost Rider went after those who intentionally harms innocents. Can you imagine playing baseball and hitting someone with the ball then GR shows up to penance stare you. >,< Also the GR vs Wolv happened in a Marvel Comics Presents, forgot issue number.

Yea, GR stomps.

srankmissingnin
Once again. For the millionth time. Adamatium + Hellfire = Energy Backlash that kos them both. It's been established in MCP. End of story.

Mindset
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Once again. For the millionth time. Adamatium + Hellfire = Energy Backlash that kos them both. It's been established in MCP. End of story.

Too bad GR has gotten much stronger now and doesn't even need to use hellfire to win.

srankmissingnin

Ghost Rider bleeds hellfire. He doesn't need to use hellfire, he IS hellfire. Wolverine just needs to make contact with his body and it's lights out.

Starscream M
Once again. For the millionth time. Adamatium + Hellfire = Energy Backlash that kos them both. It's been established in MCP. End of story. or GH could just penance stare logan into a coma

jalek moye
yea like hes gonna be able to get wolverine to be still without getting stabbed

Batman-Prime
stalemate, because of the adamantium hellfire backlash

you may not like it but i think it's pretty cool wink

Starscream M

Ghost Rider bleeds hellfire. He doesn't need to use hellfire, he IS hellfire. Wolverine just needs to make contact with his body and it's lights out. GR has a choice to manifest hellfire or not

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Starscream M
GR has a choice to manifest hellfire or not

Got any proof of that, because that is news to me.

jalek moye
GR has a choice to manifest hellfire or not
how he is hellfire

Starscream M
Got any proof of that, because that is news to me. because if he couldn't, then anything or anybody he touched would burn...and I don't think thats the case

srankmissingnin
because if he couldn't, then anything or anybody he touched would burn...and I don't think thats the case

It's magic, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

jalek moye
also im sure its still inside of his body so, when wolv stabs him it should still do the double ko

redhotrash
The Wolverine marks come out in force for what would otherwise be a near stomp. Ghost Rider has range on his side. Hes made people combust into flames from what looks to be 30+ feet away. He DOESNT havent to be 5 inches from someone's face to cause his penace stare to take affect, and his chain alone could be enough to keep Wolverine at bay. Add all factors together and Wolverine will be lucky to take a single win.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by redhotrash
The Wolverine marks come out in force for what would otherwise be a near stomp. Ghost Rider has range on his side. Hes made people combust into flames from what looks to be 30+ feet away. He DOESNT havent to be 5 inches from someone's face to cause his penace stare to take affect, and his chain alone could be enough to keep Wolverine at bay. Add all factors together and Wolverine will be lucky to take a single win.

Wolverine will burst into flames, and burning he will keep on walking....
The chain will wrap around him so he can't move, and his claws will cut him free..
The stare will punish his sinfull soul, and an enraged beast will emerge to keep on fighting...

stick out tongue

redhotrash
Thank for that for that fascinating journey into complete fanboyism...
Wolverine was burned and taken out for a while by Nitro, who doesnt have half the qualification that Ghost Rider has.
Wolverine has been held for a time by Spider-man's webbing, which isnt nearly as strong as GR's chain. Not to mention that the chain is damn near sentinent and can move almost on its own.
The stare has taken down stronger foes than Wolverine, Wolverine drops in a heap. Even with him in berserker mode, Ghost Rider takes this easily.

Mindset

Ghost Rider bleeds hellfire. He doesn't need to use hellfire, he IS hellfire. Wolverine just needs to make contact with his body and it's lights out.

Ghost Rider doesn't even need to get near him.

Ghost Rider could bast him with hellfire and not be near him.

Get off Wolverine's nuts.

psycho gundam
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4149/16uh0hh1.th.jpg
for the win......

Batman-Prime
Wolverine was burned and taken out for a while by Nitro, who doesnt have half the qualification that Ghost Rider has.
Wolverine has been held for a time by Spider-man's webbing, which isnt nearly as strong as GR's chain. Not to mention that the chain is damn near sentinent and can move almost on its own.
The stare has taken down stronger foes than Wolverine, Wolverine drops in a heap. Even with him in berserker mode, Ghost Rider takes this easily.

You wouldn't recognize an joke if it would kick you in the ass roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, Wolverine was also burned to the Bones and healed fast enough to keep on fighting, call it PIS if you want.

Spidermans webbings have the quantity, he couldn't move an hand, he was completly trapped in them. The chain isn't as sticky as those webs, and lacks other attributes as well.

Stronger yes, but more feral? More insane? wink

You have your opinion, I have my humor, so don't insult me again, the very least I am is an fanboy of Wolverine, lol.

laughing

jinzin

Just to clarify. Wolverine was only held by Spiderman's webbing until he decided to unsheath his claws, once he did, he was out almost immediately after freeing just one wrist. The only reason he was waiting for the webbing to disolve was because he was put into an uncomprimising position that required self inflicted damage to escape.

As for the stare... stronger doesn't matter. Typhopid Mary is by no means stronger than Wolverine yet she resists the stare due to the fact that she doesn't have a clear distinction in her brain between right and wrong. People have resisted the stare due to sheer craziness as well and Wolverine does of course have his fair share of psychosis. There's also the fact that the stare is usually the result of what happens when GR has someone pinned down after a long drawn out fight. So unless GR beats Wolverine into submission first the stare isn't likely at least to come into play.

Finally while I don't think Wolverine can compete with current GR, it's not fanboyism to think that Wolverine would take GR for a tie from when this thread originated.

So far his record's certainly impressive with two double KO's vs. GR, and an advantage over Vengeance in a fight.

Scoobless
The only reason he was waiting for the webbing to disolve was because he was put into an uncomprimising position that required self inflicted damage to escape.

True, but had he been in a position where his claws were pointed completely away from himself, or the webbing holding him, he would have had to wait.

Mindset
J
Finally while I don't think Wolverine can compete with current GR, it's not fanboyism to think that Wolverine would take GR for a tie from when this thread originated.

I agree.

redhotrash
I'll give that if the thread is a bit older, then yeah Wolverine would take some wins. I wouldnt give him a even split though.
Also if I remember right, when Wolverine was scorched to the bone, he was out for a while. Certainly long enough for it to be considered a loss (since apparently knocking down Namor for 15 seconds or so counts as a win).

Nihilist
GR

SuperiorTech
The rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.