Namor VS Wolverine...THE FIRST FIGHT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
See? It only makes me wonder why he fared so bad against Wolverine in Enemy of the State...oh wait, Wolverine wasn't so popular on first one.

http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/6234/namortsmv224122bn.th.jpg
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/5324/namortsmv224131ha.th.jpg
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/2319/namortsmv224147to.th.jpg
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/9956/namortsmv224152wl.th.jpg
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/6961/namortsmv224166hr.th.jpg

Khellendros
It's funny, though. He still didn't seem to put Wolverine down. Do you have scans of the more recent fight?

Scoobless
who stopped the fight?

jrodslam
The Plant Man.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by jrodslam
The Plant Man.

Yeah right. No he didn't.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Scoobless
who stopped the fight?

Who the hell gave you permission to change your avatar!? Restore it at once!

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Yeah right. No he didn't.

He did.

Scoobless
Who the hell gave you permission to change your avatar!? Restore it at once!

i'll restore mine if you get one

*challenge extended*

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nataku8188

*challenge extended*

roll eyes (sarcastic)

If hawkeye is such a great avenger, why is he dead?

Cosmic Cube

*challenge extended*

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Never.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Nataku8188

Because it happens to the best of us (Avengers.)

It's part of being a human being. And being human is hard.

Nataku8188
Because it happens to the best of us (Avengers.)

It's part of being a human being. And being human is hard.

Iron man is a human. He's still alive.

Hawkeye just sucks at being an avenger.

Scoobless

because the witch is a b!tch

he's currently alive in House of M (where he kicked Wolverine's ass) so he could be making a return

all the best Avengers die, Captain Marvel, Wonderman, Thor, Wonderman, Vision, Wonderman, etc, etc..... it's part of the initiation i think

smile

Cosmic Cube

No, he doesn't.

And you wonder why everyone hates you...

Cosmic Cube
because the witch is a b!tch

he's currently alive in House of M (where he kicked Wolverine's ass) so he could be making a return

all the best Avengers die, Captain Marvel, Wonderman, Thor, Wonderman, Vision, Wonderman, etc, etc..... it's part of the initiation i think

smile

But why does Wonderman die so much?

Scoobless
But why does Wonderman die so much?

because he sucks at life

long pig
Hawkeye is...http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif

Nataku8188
No, he doesn't.

And you wonder why everyone hates you...

Sure he does, he's dead isn't he? The point of being an avenger is to AVENGE! You can't avenge if you're dead.

On that token, beast is the BEST avenger EVER.

You do realize I've been joking, right? I love hawkeye...

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
Hawkeye is...http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif That's a terrible thing to say...

Cosmic Cube
Sure he does, he's dead isn't he? The point of being an avenger is to AVENGE! You can't avenge if you're dead.

On that token, beast is the BEST avenger EVER.

You do realize I've been joking, right? I love hawkeye...

I still hate you, and so does Scoobless! And long pig too! Right guys?

Nataku8188
I still hate you, and so does Scoobless! And long pig too! Right guys?

You make me want to cry.

long pig
What a wankerspanker.

Cosmic Cube
What a wankerspanker.

Seriously...

long pig
I mean, this wankerspanker has been in so many sloberknockers around here, it's re-damn-diculous.

Cosmic Cube
Honestly...

Why doesn't he just go spank his wanker before someone comes along and knocks the slobber out of him? Wankerspankin' slobberknocker.

long pig
Well, you know what they say.
If you slob a wanker's knocker.......

joesha28
Back to the topic guys.........

Seriously i killed Namor would have killed Wolverine. Imagine Namor uproot every tree in the forest and stick it up wolvie's manhood. Now i wonder how the healing factor works on that.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by joesha28
Back to the topic guys.........

There there boy, shush.

Khellendros
Hawkeye is...http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif
And yet you won't read about other gay characters in Authority? what's up with that??

CorderaMitchell
wtf!?!?

K3VIL
because he sucks at life
But when he was alive he has sleep with Scarlet, short life, but full of fun, I mean, Wanda has breasts

Hawkeye was the one hero that with a TNT Arrow stopped Krona's plan, just a TNT Arrow stopped a cosmic being.
Hawkeye is human, with superbe skills
Iron Man is a human into an armor with city leveling firepower.

long pig
I never said I wouldn't read about gay men in tights.....wait...yeah I did.

It's just....ehhhhhh....too weird man. Midnighter seems cool thought. erm

DarkCrawler
In his dreams, maybe... mad

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Khellendros
It's funny, though. He still didn't seem to put Wolverine down. Do you have scans of the more recent fight?

At least he wasn't put down by one claw swipe...

The claws didn't seem to do that much damage actually.

I'll try to look for fights.

Scoobless
.... (he'd kick Namor's ass!).... stick out tongue

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
In his dreams, maybe... mad

that's there just for you DC..... but yeah... i think Hawkeye could take down Namor if he had to

DarkCrawler
.... (he'd kick Namor's ass!).... stick out tongue

that's there just for you DC..... but yeah... i think Hawkeye could take down Namor if he had to

How?

CorderaMitchell

Wolverine's claws CHANGE by popularity.

Scoobless
How?

with arrows!

big grin

jinzin

well i figure wolverine only gave him a glancing blow...and really didn't hit any organs or anything of serious concern..the same thing happened in new invaders too....namor was unaffected by "swipes" but when wolverine started going with a stabbing motion instead.....well...........

oh and for our hawkeye lovers out there...

jinzin

pr1983
laughing

great scans... i'd have loved to see him beat logan over the head with that tree...

jinzin
ummm hulk tried that tactic...didn't work out so well for him....namor tried that same tactic in the new invaders fight when he hit wolvie with that steel girder...didn't work out so well for him either...

jrodslam
Something i call PIS writing.

jinzin
wolverine get's that a lot...too bad so many people hate him...man some people even say his healing factor is pis cis....whatever...

Dizzle
Sorry, but regenerating from a drop of blood is pretty freaking stupid... The thing CAN be overridden, and being beaten with a big piece of metal should do it.

pr1983
Originally posted by jinzin
ummm hulk tried that tactic...didn't work out so well for him....namor tried that same tactic in the new invaders fight when he hit wolvie with that steel girder...didn't work out so well for him either...

it'd work if the writers let it...

jinzin
ummmm you don't know HOW he regenrated from a drop of blood do you? confused

hint:the circumstances as to how are a MAAAAJOR factor in explaining that one...

jinzin
Originally posted by pr1983
it'd work if the writers let it... \

laughing out loud

well I get your point...here's mine..how come wolverine's supposed to be one of the best h2h fighters in the MU but when he gets into it with someone not half a good a fighter as him (that doesn't have a healing factor) wolverine all of the sudden can't land a sufficient blow..one would think that wolverine even being a decent fighter would know how to punch someone in the head..I mean he does it all the time when his claws are in..but no out?

tell me....is that not PIS?

pr1983
\

laughing out loud

well I get your point...here's mine..how come wolverine's supposed to be one of the best h2h fighters in the MU but when he gets into it with someone not half a good a fighter as him (that doesn't have a healing factor) wolverine all of the sudden can't land a sufficient blow..one would think that wolverine even being a decent fighter would know how to punch someone in the head..I mean he does it all the time when his claws are in..but no out?

in part yes...

in a fight there are very few people in his class who can go against him and come out on top in reasonable circumstances...

but someone like namor? seems a bit silly...

CorderaMitchell
wolverine get's that a lot...too bad so many people hate him...man some people even say his healing factor is pis cis....whatever...

Too many people overrate him, and his healing is like batmans belt, used to each writers needs, just like you were complaining of how wolverine isn't drawn to fight well. Its his personality.

His background states this, but until he got popular none of it mattered.

CorderaMitchell
\

laughing out loud

Because he's usually fighting people that outclass him in other aspects, like speed, which plays a part in gettin hit.

jinzin
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Too many people overrate him, and his healing is like batmans belt, used to each writers needs, just like you were complaining of how wolverine isn't drawn to fight well. Its his personality.

His background states this, but until he got popular none of it mattered.

states what?

jinzin
Because he's usually fighting people that outclass him in other aspects, like speed, which plays a part in gettin hit.

here's the thing if a faster character doesn't have precog or better fighting ability..wolverine should still be able to land a punch...just like he did speed demon...

CorderaMitchell
using extreme examples

If I'm faster then you better fighting doesn't equate a sufficient hit, I'm sure wolverine has gotten the better end of the PIS/CIS stick, or he'd be written more apporpriately.

jinzin
all I'm saying...i've wrestled stronger and faster guys than myself...but those attributes don't even out the fact that I'm better technically sometimes and I beat the ever loving crap out of them..same with sparring and boxing..when facing a faster opponent I use my skill to get them in close and use my experience to draw them in closer or use feints to get in my hits..superior speed does not ensure you to not get hit..

CorderaMitchell
all I'm saying...i've wrestled stronger and faster guys than myself...but those attributes don't even out the fact that I'm better technically sometimes and I beat the ever loving crap out of them..same with sparring and boxing..when facing a faster opponent I use my skill to get them in close and use my experience to draw them in closer or use feints to get in my hits..superior speed does not ensure you to not get hit..

I understand that, but it depends on HOW fast.

If you know what you are doing, but superhuman characters, going that fast is like fighting a....

polar bear, or a damn tiger, they are physically better, so you would expect a harder fight.

Interesting point.

jinzin
I don't think it's like fighting an animal at all....animals have such a lower level intellgect that your point just makes way for an entirely different argument..

black robb
Who the hell gave you permission to change your avatar!? Restore it at once! no he's giving it to me

pr1983
I don't think it's like fighting an animal at all....animals have such a lower level intellgect that your point just makes way for an entirely different argument..

but there will be quick guys who won't be dumb enough to get sucked in... then what happens?

CorderaMitchell

Not entirely, you said more skilled.

I'm more proificient than these guys, but I won't be doing much, if I had a knife and was good my chance would go up.

what would I sustain though?

jinzin
then it becomes a scramble...that's when I go on the offensive and MAKE them take me on trying to overpower them and outfight them at the same time..hard to make use of speed when your oponent doesn't give you the space to use it...but I'll admit..it's a gamble...and the advantage is subject to the person I'm fighting...if they are technically very good..I lose..if not..I win...it's a gamble...

pr1983
then it becomes a scramble...that's when I go on the offensive and MAKE them take me on trying to overpower them and outfight them at the same time..hard to make use of speed when your oponent doesn't give you the space to use it...but I'll admit..it's a gamble...and the advantage is subject to the person I'm fighting...if they are technically very good..I lose..if not..I win...it's a gamble...

thats all i was tryting to point out... smile

jinzin
Originally posted by pr1983
thats all i was tryting to point out... smile

and you did it well...

CorderaMitchell

Are you saying offensively or defensively?

pr1983
and you did it well...

Ok... lookaround stick out tongue

CorderaMitchell
Application, focus, and direction is also important.

pr1983
Application, focus, and direction is also important.

and a generous helping of luck doesn't hurt either...

DarkCrawler

Go against tiger with two knifes. That similar for Wolverine going against Namor not fresh from water.

Go against two polar bears with two knifes. That's similar for Wolverine going against Namor fresh from water. Namor beats him in strength, durablity and speed. He was basically beating Wolverine in that fight and he wasn't even fresh from water.

Scoobless
go against a polar bear armed with only 2 knives? .... my only hope would be that the smell of me shitting myself would repel the beast

jinzin
Go against tiger with two knifes. That similar for Wolverine going against Namor not fresh from water.

Go against two polar bears with two knifes. That's similar for Wolverine going against Namor fresh from water. Namor beats him in strength, durablity and speed. He was basically beating Wolverine in that fight and he wasn't even fresh from water.

you think he was winning? looked more like a draw....

anywho..the animal comparison is a stupid example...I'm not packing a healing factor, i'm not packing indestructible bones, and I'm not a top notch fighter...

Scoobless
and you don't have a skimpy yellow costume...... do you?.

embarrasment

DarkCrawler

anywho..the animal comparison is a stupid example...I'm not packing a healing factor, i'm not packing indestructible bones, and I'm not a top notch fighter...

Yes, but did you see how Wolverine did barely any damage in that fight?

CorderaMitchell

Matters not, wolverine would be KNOCKED into the next state.

I wouldn't heal from all of that.

joesha28
Recently i read new invaders#6..... a run of the Wolverine's enemy of the State. Wolvie was hired by a Despot to kill a scientist that The Invaders want to capture alive. Wolvie attacked Invaders killing Namor's advisor, slicing Blazing Skull, cutting U.S Agent. Namor fought Wolverine. a punch made Logan bleed, but wolvie scratch Namor. Namor took a big metal thing and slammed across Wolvie face and he went flying. Namor went to meet Wolverine who was layed. Namor did not want to fight Wolvie. But Wolvie with his speed stabbed Namor.

jinzin
and you don't have a skimpy yellow costume...... do you?.

embarrasment

ummmm.....confused

I .....kinda...............do actually.......sad

jinzin
Yes, but did you see how Wolverine did barely any damage in that fight?

wolverine drew frist blood..wolverine drew only blood.....while we both saw namor as being relatively uneffected by wolverine's claw swipes..I think we can both agree that namor's punches really weren't doing anything to logan but makin him angry either...like I said before...draw...

Dizzle
Originally posted by joesha28
Recently i read new invaders#6..... a run of the Wolverine's enemy of the State. Wolvie was hired by a Despot to kill a scientist that The Invaders want to capture alive. Wolvie attacked Invaders killing Namor's advisor, slicing Blazing Skull, cutting U.S Agent. Namor fought Wolverine. a punch made Logan bleed, but wolvie scratch Namor. Namor took a big metal thing and slammed across Wolvie face and he went flying. Namor went to meet Wolverine who was layed. Namor did not want to fight Wolvie. But Wolvie with his speed stabbed Namor.

That's for the simple reason that Wolverine has grown in popularity between the two fights, which means he gets powered up and Namor gets powered down... I'm not trying to bash Wolvie here, but that is very likely the reason he fared so much better the second time around. The moral of the story is that all people suck.
big grin <-- Except him

And Jinzin... I'm sorry. If I'd known, I would've done all I can to help you...

jinzin
help me?

laughing out loud
bwhahahahahahahahaha!

fair enough.

Dizzle
I meant the costume... And I'll bwa your hahahahahahahahaha!

jinzin
i know what you meant I thought it was funny as hell that's all...and nobody bwa's MY hahahahahahahaha!

....nobody....

grey fox
Namor slaps him around like a two year old

jinzin
then wolverine gets mad and stabs him.........

again.

DarkCrawler

jinzin
clearly....cause everyone can dodge wolverine now whether they have precog or not.....oh yeah....except namor....

stab stab.....bleh...

(u.s agent comes to help- they run away regardless)

ooooh reeeeeallly impressive.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Dizzle
That's for the simple reason that Wolverine has grown in popularity between the two fights, which means he gets powered up and Namor gets powered down... I'm not trying to bash Wolvie here, but that is very likely the reason he fared so much better the second time around. The moral of the story is that all people suck.
big grin <-- Except him

And Jinzin... I'm sorry. If I'd known, I would've done all I can to help you...

Wow!! Logic.

DarkCrawler
clearly....cause everyone can dodge wolverine now whether they have precog or not.....oh yeah....except namor....

stab stab.....bleh...

(u.s agent comes to help- they run away regardless)

ooooh reeeeeallly impressive.

Namor can dodge and beat Wolverine because he is faster, stronger, more durable, and has superhuman reflexes. But Wolverine hits him still. Why because he is Marvel's cash-cow. All the little fanboys will stop buying comics unless Wolverine kicks ass in every one of them. In their earlier fight, Wolverine barely done any damage. But now he puts down a man who has been through thousands of fights, knocked out Hulk with one punch, and has taken hits from gods with only mild discomfort, with ONE STAB? Bad writing. You haven't read the rules about PIS/CIS, have you? It means that when a character beats someone he realistically would not have a chance beating, it's not applicable in debates.

Pointinel
Why because he is Marvel's cash-cow. All the little fanboys will stop buying comics unless Wolverine kicks ass in every one of them.

no they wouldnt

logan's getting fuqqed up a lot lately

all books logan is in are still on the top 20 regardless

that's selling power to ya

"HATING LOGAN IS A TREND NOW!!!"

CorderaMitchell
You are mentioning this, lol.

When marvel fixes this problem and stops catering to fanboys, then maybe marvel will improve their comics.

Pointinel
actually marvel is a lot better than DC

if you look past the hate

CorderaMitchell
I don't know thats all personal taste there, some like marvel some don't, I would've cosigned marvel years ago, but now, a tie.

Who are your fav. DC char?

Pointinel
flash, batman and constantine

ok, wonder woman a little

CorderaMitchell
flash, and supergirl the most.

Scoobless
Flash and GL

CorderaMitchell
I also like MM

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Pointinel
no they wouldnt

logan's getting fuqqed up a lot lately

Name the times. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.