Dose god contact us while we are on earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TAZ663
???

finti
in all mythologies the gods intervene with life on earth

debbiejo
I believe God does...It could be called that small voice, or sometimes a audible voice....Some hear in meditation when you can lower your brain frequencies to a level that is more open to picking up what is around you. Since everything is vibrating at different levels, including our own brain waves....If you slow them down to just before a sleep state, Alpha I think, you can have communications. I have found that I can ask questions and get answers...From what this source is, you must be sure you are only asking for that it be of the highest light of truth and good, "The One."...I find it totally amazing.

cking
a very small voice in the head.

debbiejo
And if the little small voice doesn't say "True love is unconditional." We do not have to be "good" to receive or experience love, then it's not from god.

cking
everyone can receive God's love.

Shakyamunison
God told me to say NO!

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
God told me to say NO!

He told you NO...he doesn't talk to you... big grin

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
He told you NO...he doesn't talk to you... big grin

I talk to myself all the time laughing

debbiejo
I talk to myself all the time laughing

then you must be hearing from god...

cking
we do from our hearts.

debbiejo
Originally posted by cking
we do from our hearts.

What was the last thing God said to you?

cking
many things, I don't when the last one was.

JacopeX
According to the bible, God gives us signs as communications. He dosent talk to us because if you see god, you die. Example, Moses was told by a branch to free the slaves. God used the branch to communicate with moses or he will die. God is a great person and I will always pray to him. Im not all religous but I know god is the answer. If you dont agree, Man youre stupid.

Imperial_Samura
I still think it's pretty dodgy, the whole "if you see me in the metaphysical flesh you'll die", being all powerful if he wanted us to be able to see him, we would be able to. Reminds me a bit of the Wizard, in the Wizard of Oz, all smoke and mirrors then it turns out to be an little man playing with illusions, making out he is more then what he is... although in the end he did have the answers, or rather the people seeking them already had them....

Anyway, supposedly he/she/it does, whether one believes in crying statues, or in the conscious or through prayer, miracles whatever.

Superman 24
God points, us in the right direction, and makes things happen for a reason.

svnthdysthsbbth
And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a (still small voice). 1Ki 19:11,12

everyday in prayer!

finti
and gods reason for the tsunami that struck december 25 last year was????

majjacet
i dont kno but the loving god i kno wouldn't do that.

majjacet
i dunno

debbiejo
Because you can't blame something for something else....People in history always did that.....Aren't we smarter than that?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Because you can't blame something for something else....People in history always did that.....Aren't we smarter than that?

NO

Sorry to say.

TAZ663
In the bible it says that god will send messages of the end of time through natural disaster look what has happend already the tsnami, the 4 huricaines in a row in florida, the blizzard in california and now they think an eruption is coming from mt. saint hellains he is not punishing us he is preparing us for the end

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by TAZ663
In the bible it says that god will send messages of the end of time through natural disaster look what has happend already the tsnami, the 4 huricaines in a row in florida, the blizzard in california and now they think an eruption is coming from mt. saint hellains he is not punishing us he is preparing us for the end

You need to read more. None of this is any more telling than any other time in history. This sick idea about the "end is near' was started in 1300s and it still hasn't happened.

sexyking
Originally posted by finti
and gods reason for the tsunami that struck december 25 last year was????

that isnt gods fault he is simply an observer.

Phoenix
I think God contacts us in loads of ways. Through the bible, through other paople... I always think God talks to me through other people, and throught events, like when I failed biology a level, I thought it was the worst thing ever, but it turned out to be brilliant because I looked into other unis that would take someone with only two a levels and found the brill uni that I'm now at

debbiejo
Originally posted by Phoenix
I think God contacts us in loads of ways. Through the bible, through other paople... I always think God talks to me through other people, and throught events, like when I failed biology a level, I thought it was the worst thing ever, but it turned out to be brilliant because I looked into other unis that would take someone with only two a levels and found the brill uni that I'm now at

I can believe that.

Originally posted by TAZ663

Do you how many people have claimed to be end time prophets and messiahs even in the Bible days??? They all say these things...Are you still waiting for Elijah and Moses to arrive...they are supposed to be the end time prophets...you know.

KingDubya
Does God contact us on Earth? I would have to say yes and no. Yes because we are all God's children and we are all part of God. No becuase He doesn't physically contact with us because if He did, we'd die. That's why he has that little guy referred to as the "voice of God." It is basically something created by Him that doesn't die when it hears His voice, then acts as a messenger and tells the person what God just said.
Of course, this is all based on the Bible. The main question that every question about God leads to is, "Does God truly exist?" and I have been asking myself that for years and still have not found an answer (agnostic).

Note about the "voice of God": The "voice of God" doesn't have to be human to be able to tell us what God says. That is why it doesn't die and I refer to it as "it."

golem370
Did God speak to Hitler when he massacred Jews

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by golem370
Did God speak to Hitler when he massacred Jews

Well, the Jews killed Jesus, didn't they.

I just thought one sarcastic remark deserves another.

finti
my question was aimed a the the first quote that indicates that god is the one who makes things happen

debbiejo
Well, the Jews killed Jesus, didn't they.

I just thought one sarcastic remark deserves another.

And my grandmother, being Italian, hated the Jews for that....they were always called "Christ Killers".....

finti
well who killed Bambi then??

debbiejo
Bambi killers.....Michigan hunters......they're everywhere....but Bambis yummy...I beg for Bambi....don't kill though.

finti
bambi is a b*itch...................what an awesome name for a band (Local all female rockgroup)

Pyropsycho
You can only hear him when your mind is clear of thought and completely open. When I consult him, I hear my own voice in my head but the contents of what is being said is far beyond my knowledge and wisdom and usually things turn out for the better.

who?-kid
Originally posted by JacopeX
God is a great person and I will always pray to him. Im not all religous but I know god is the answer. If you dont agree, Man youre stupid.
You're not religious but you always pray to God ?

Okay lol.

finti
read what you wrote again before calling others stupid

debbiejo
I believe there IS some sort of intelligence...I was reading about an experiment that Talbot reports in a book called "Crystals and Crystal Growing...This company was trying to grow crystals of a chemical nature known as ethylene domain tartrate...but after many tried couldn't manage to develop a monohydrate form of the crystalline form...so they when with an anhydrous form of the chemical...all went well, until the crystals started to change back into the form that they were trying to reproduce earlier...all the new ones started to become malformed....this crystalline form then began appearing elsewhere, even at other factories...Also, it's been noted that a snowflake, grown high in some stratus cloud one molecule at a time, can "know" precisely where and how attach itself so to keep symmetry with five other arms, each located trillions of molecules away...The snowflake would seem to demonstrate the presence of a cosmic consciousness of a non-local mind...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.