Why I'm better than god....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
1. I do exist. There is no debate about the subject. It can be proven over and over again. For an airplane ticket and a small fee, I can prove it to you face to face.

2. I have created life. There can be no debate on the subject. A simple DNA test can prove so.

3. I don't tell people how to live. I do what I think is right without trying to force my morality onto others via threats of damnation and the like.

4. I don't pretend to be all powerful. I have my limits and accept them.

5. I admit to doing everything I do, good or bad. I don't pretend to be the cause of all that is good yet pass off blame onto others if something I do is interpreted as being bad to others.

6. I give people a choice. I don't demand they worship me, although they are certainly welcome to if they wish. I will never tell others, "thou shalt have no other Evil Dead's before me"...as a matter of fact, I don't Command anything from them.

discuss.

lilmisskitten
Thats a good point, all bow down before Evil Dead *bows*

wait...........

lilmisskitten
Oh you have to have a prophet too yes

Evil Dead
that's another reason I'm better..............I cut out the middlemen. When I have something to say, I say it. I don't tell Paul, John or Jorge in a dream and hope he'll spread the word around.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Evil Dead
1. I do exist. There is no debate about the subject. It can be proven over and over again. For an airplane ticket and a small fee, I can prove it to you face to face.

2. I have created life. There can be no debate on the subject. A simple DNA test can prove so.

3. I don't tell people how to live. I do what I think is right without trying to force my morality onto others via threats of damnation and the like.

5. I admit to doing everything I do, good or bad. I don't pretend to be the cause of all that is good yet pass off blame onto others if something I do is interpreted as being bad to others.

6. I give people a choice. I don't demand they worship me, although they are certainly welcome to if they wish. I will never tell others, "thou shalt have no other Evil Dead's before me"...as a matter of fact, I don't Command anything from them.

discuss.

1. As far as I can tell, you are just part of a computer program. I don't think you exist, all I see is words on my computer screen.

2. We never got past number one, so how can a computer program avatar create life?

3. You may not tell people how to live, but you do tell them where to go.

4. I can dispute number 4, 5, & 6 because those are things only a live person can do, remember, to me, you just words on my computer screen.

You can't be better than God, you are God and so am I. laughing

Evil Dead
wink

shhh you............you know this thread wasn't meant for you.

Shakyamunison
wink

shhh you............you know this thread wasn't meant for you.

Ya, but I couldn't resist.

vaya_the_elf

discuss.

I know lots of people like that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Evil Dead
Indeed.

this god fellow isn't very grand............seems to be many people infact superior to him in many ways.

vaya_the_elf
Indeed.

this god fellow isn't very grand............seems to be many people infact superior to him in many ways.

Thats not what I meant.

I mean I know a lot of people who have some of those things you listed, but you know what none of them are godly.

Can they heal the sick, or the dieing?

Will they always be there for you, never hurt you, or upset you.

Don't think so.

Because they have no power they are just like anyone else. They are human. Not a god.

cking
true, humans are humans, but God is God. humans are limited, while God is unlimited.

Bardock42
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Thats not what I meant.

I mean I know a lot of people who have some of those things you listed, but you know what none of them are godly.

Can they heal the sick, or the dieing?

Will they always be there for you, never hurt you, or upset you.

Don't think so.

Because they have no power they are just like anyone else. They are human. Not a god.

Neither can god....since he doesn't exist...didn't heal me from anything in the last what....19 years now...

Oh and evil Dead, I don't doubt that you are superior to god...but I can't really say you exist.......and since I can't say that your other points are not valid.........

And I can still doubt that yu exist even if I'd see you...I am good in doubting stuff....

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by Bardock42
Neither can god....since he doesn't exist...didn't heal me from anything in the last what....19 years now...

Oh and evil Dead, I don't doubt that you are superior to god...but I can't really say you exist.......and since I can't say that your other points are not valid.........

And I can still doubt that yu exist even if I'd see you...I am good in doubting stuff....

That's because you don't have faith. You turn away from god.

Bardock42
That's because you don't have faith. You turn away from god.

No no...its because you have faith..you want to feel god....so your mind makes it up....

dawsey28

Yet, you post multiple posts in a Religion forum trying to convince people that God doesn't exist.

Thanks for trying to push your beliefs on us.

How wonderfully hypocritical of you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Originally posted by dawsey28
Yet, you post multiple posts in a Religion forum trying to convince people that God doesn't exist.

Thanks for trying to push your beliefs on us.

How wonderfully hypocritical of you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually he is just stating his own beliefs......

dawsey28
Yeah, I'm sure that was the purpose of this thread.

To "state" his beliefs. Come on.

vaya_the_elf
No no...its because you have faith..you want to feel god....so your mind makes it up....

Then I guess their a lots of people who make this up. Even people who are not Christan's. Like Jews, and Muslims. They believe in god as well.

So i guess all of us make it up.

Although I think its more likely that people don't want to believe in god because either they don't want to believe something they fully do not understand, or they don't like something else being in control. It could also be that they don't want to think something is watching over everything they do, and now days people just don't want to be responsible for what they do.

Thats just what I believe.

debbiejo
[sorry...cable probs.

Shakyamunison
Yeah, I'm sure that was the purpose of this thread.

To "state" his beliefs. Come on.

No, I believe that he made this thread to make people think about their myths and how they apply them in their lives. In other words, get people to think.

debbiejo

discuss.

Well, that would be a good god kind of quality.

dawsey28
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No, I believe that he made this thread to make people think about their myths and how they apply them in their lives. In other words, get people to think.

Right roll eyes (sarcastic) Explain his tone then.

And that is still him trying to convince everyone that God doesn't exist.

Pushing beliefs on others. You know...

that thing certain people dislike Christians for doing.

Shakyamunison

From what I have read of "Evil Dead", he's very sarcastic and frames everything in a kind of "in your face" attitude. But I think he's more bark than bite.

debbiejo
I think Evil Dead might be onto something.......

Shakyamunison

And that is still him trying to convince everyone that God doesn't exist.

Pushing beliefs on others. You know...

that thing certain people dislike Christians for doing.

Well, I've never felt that way about his posts, but, then again, I'm also very sarcastic.

debbiejo
1. I do exist.
2. I have created life.

6. I give people a choice. I don't demand they worship me
discuss.

This I agree with..free will and as far as the good and bad...that is god living through us sisnce we are parts of the whole that God is. God is complete and doesn't need our worship...

dawsey28
Of coarse you don't, as Evil Dead said earlier:

cking
probably

Shakyamunison
Of coarse you don't, as Evil Dead said earlier:

But it was meant for you....

debbiejo
OH....Then it's even more special for someone special.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
OH....Then it's even more special for someone special.

I think this thread is also not for you. People like us (thinkers) are not welcome.

debbiejo
Well, lets go to the Christian Chat room...they're playing spin the bottle..It's pointing at cking....truth or dare..

cking
this game is very interesting. OK I say truth.

debbiejo
Originally posted by cking
this game is very interesting. OK I say truth.

Got to go the the Chat Room thread....I asked you a pg13 question...I was nice.

cking
where is that at? is it here on kmc?

debbiejo
Yes, it's in the thread below this one....you just answered the question...now go there and play.

Called Christian Hangout

Bardock42
I lost track...and I am to tired for convincing points...not that reason works with fanatics....err I mean believers....

dawsey28
But it was meant for you....

That is exactly my point.

And I guess, Christians aren't thinkers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

cking
I wouldn't doubt that.

Shakyamunison
That is exactly my point.

And I guess, Christians aren't thinkers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You have a problem, maybe you shouldn't put words into peoples mouths.

Why would Evil Dead not want me on this thread? Because I'll spoil what ever he has in mind, I'm a thinker or other words a spoiler.

I do not slander!

dawsey28
Did you not say this?

Who is this thread for? Whoever you put as the answer is not a "thinker" by your own words.

And no I don't have a problem with you or Evil Dead.

I do, however, have a problem with the ongoing quest to convince people that God does not exist.

Christians have a bad rep for pushing beliefs on others, yet...

It may be hard to believe, but I am not trying to offend you. I'm just pointing something out.

Shakyamunison
Did you not say this?

Who is this thread for? Whoever you put as the answer is not a "thinker" by your own words.

And no I don't have a problem with you or Evil Dead.

I do, however, have a problem with the ongoing quest to convince people that God does not exist.

Christians have a bad rep for pushing beliefs on others, yet...

It may be hard to believe, but I am not trying to offend you. I'm just pointing out something.

What I said was slap-stick, it's like saying "we're too good for this place". I am sorry if you took my whim in a way that hurt you. I am not part of your problem.

I do believe in God, just not exactly like you do. I don't try to change any one, just share what I find wonderful in my life. I will argue with someone when it's fun, but that's all it is, fun.

I am sorry. Smile and be happy and take things a little less personally.

dawsey28
What I said was slap-stick, it's like saying "we're too good for this place". I am sorry if you took my whim in a way that hurt you. I am not part of your problem.

I do believe in God, just not exactly like you do. I don't try to change any one, just share what I find wonderful in my life. I will argue with someone when it's fun, but that's all it is, fun.

I am sorry. Smile and be happy and take things a little less personally.

Well, I admit that I took your "slap-stick" and "whim" the wrong way.

I never said that you were a part of my problem.

I actually am a lot like you. I believe in God and I also don't try to change anyone.

And I am taking this a lot less personally than you think. So no apologies are necessary.

Like I said earlier. I am just trying to point something out.

Shakyamunison
Well, I admit that I took your "slap-stick" and "whim" the wrong way.

I never said that you were a part of my problem.

I actually am a lot like you. I believe in God and I also don't try to change anyone.

And I am taking this a lot less personally than you think. So no apologies are necessary.

Like I said earlier. I am just trying to point something out.

Then for my sake, clearly state you're point. I'm not sure, but I may have missed it among all the back and forth. Also, help me by restating, please do not just repost, put it into new words so I can get it.

alcoholicpoet
Then I guess their a lots of people who make this up. Even people who are not Christan's. Like Jews, and Muslims. They believe in god as well.

So i guess all of us make it up.

Although I think its more likely that people don't want to believe in god because either they don't want to believe something they fully do not understand, or they don't like something else being in control. It could also be that they don't want to think something is watching over everything they do, and now days people just don't want to be responsible for what they do.

Thats just what I believe.

I dont believe in god because I have no proof that he exists.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
I dont believe in god because I have no proof that he exists.

But you have the only proof that exists, you!

dawsey28
The point is the hypocrisy.

I am simply tired of reading these posts made by people that claim their only problems with Christians is that Christians try and push their beliefs on others.

Yet, there are many posts and threads in this forum that attempt to push the belief that there is no god on others. Why is that okay, but pushing Christian beliefs not?

It is annoying. Especially when there are people, like you and I, who believe in God and don't try to change other people's lives.

And I am also tired of being called a hypocrite simply because I am Christian.

You see, I never meant for you and I to go back and forth.

My first post in this thread had to do with hypocrisy.

Shakyamunison
The point is the hypocrisy.

I am simply tired of reading these posts made by people that claim their only problems with Christians is that Christians try and push their beliefs on others.

Yet, there are many posts and threads in this forum that attempt to push the belief that there is no god on others. Why is that okay, but pushing Christian beliefs not?

It is annoying. Especially when there are people, like you and I, who believe in God and don't try to change other people's lives.

And I am also tired of being called a hypocrite simply because I am Christian.

You see, I never meant for you and I to go back and forth.

My first post in this thread had to do with hypocrisy.

You are correct.

Back lash is most of the reason, and the people who do what they complain about are part of the problem they fight against. I have to go I will talk more later.

Thanks for restating.

Evil Dead
- Nowhere in this post did I state I had a problem with Christians.
- Nowhere did I mention Christians trying to push their beliefs on others.

while both statements are certainly true, I did not mention them here. Nowhere did I state that there is no god. I merely suggested that if the god exists and is is anywhere near the Christian defenintion of god, I am superior in many ways. Me thinks you need to go back and read my post again.......or get your vision tested because you are clearly seeing things on your screen that I did not write.

Shakyamunison
- Nowhere in this post did I state I had a problem with Christians.
- Nowhere did I mention Christians trying to push their beliefs on others.

while both statements are certainly true, I did not mention them here. Nowhere did I state that there is no god. I merely suggested that if the god exists and is is anywhere near the Christian defenintion of god, I am superior in many ways. Me thinks you need to go back and read my post again.......or get your vision tested because you are clearly seeing things on your screen that I did not write.

laughing laughing You got a point! laughing laughing

Some people are just really sensitive.

dawsey28
I never said you mentioned them in this thread/post. I never said you specifically did this.

What I said is that you post multiple posts in a Religion forum trying to convince people that God doesn't exist.

You said this, correct?

If you don't tell people how to live, then why try to convince people that God does not exist? If you do convince them, that most likely will change the way they live. Or is the purpose of this thread not to convince people that God does not exist.

I am asking why that is okay, but pushing Christian beliefs on others not okay? When I ask this I am speaking not to you specifically, but to the ones that do have a problem with Christians or those who do mention Christians pushing their beliefs on others.

It could be that I am mistaking you for another poster. If I am, then I apologise.

Shakyamunison
I never said you mentioned them in this thread/post. I never said you specifically did this.

What I said is that you post multiple posts in a Religion forum trying to convince people that God doesn't exist.

You said this, correct?

If you don't tell people how to live, then why try to convince people that God does not exist? If you do convince them, that most likely will change the way they live. Or is the purpose of this thread not to convince people that God does not exist.

I am asking why that is okay, but pushing Christian beliefs on others not okay? When I ask this I am speaking not to you specifically, but to the ones that do have a problem with Christians or those who do mention Christians pushing their beliefs on others.

It could be that I am mistaking you for another poster. If I am, then I apologise.

I have a question that might answer part of your question; When it says "Religion Forum" what does that mean to you?

To me that means; a place where all religions and non-religions can talk and discuss the very nature of religion. I could go to a Buddhist forum, but in many ways it would be no different than going to a Christian forum, fun at first, but then a big boar. This is were religion hits the road. I love everyone here (including cking), but that's just me and my religion. Expect to be rubbed wrong.

We don't fix the world, we just b*tch about it. laughing out loud

cking
true. laughing

finti
Why I'm better than god.... I respond when people beg me to...........

but the other way around is all swell

then I suggest you stop visiting the religion forum

he said he didnt believe in a god, how is that more of a try to convince and influence others than that of your own I believe in a god statement?

Evil Dead
I've never tried to convince anybody of my beliefs. I have stated my beliefs but have never even asked others opinions on them, much less to say others should believe as I do. I do believe in god.....not A god....but god. God is the creator, correct?.........so to me, nature is god......our universe is god.......we are all part of god......every particle in our being is nature......every bit of energy that flows through our bodies comes from nature and has been around since the very inception of our universe.

You must be confusing me with someone else, apology accepted........next time, know who you're posting about.

debbiejo
I've never tried to convince anybody of my beliefs. I have stated my beliefs but have never even asked others opinions on them, much less to say others should believe as I do. I do believe in god.....not A god....but god. God is the creator, correct?.........so to me, nature is god......our universe is god.......we are all part of god......every particle in our being is nature......every bit of energy that flows through our bodies comes from nature and has been around since the very inception of our universe.

I see it that way also...

dawsey28
Originally posted by finti
Why I'm better than god.... I respond when people beg me to...........

but the other way around is all swell

Do you agree that one shouldn't be okay if the other isn't?

Because that was my point.

I never said the other way around was swell.

Anyway, I've gotten this thread completely off topic I guess, so continue your mockery of God as you please. big grin (I am joking here. Don't get upset.)

You guys win. I give up. confused

cking
yep

Shakyamunison

discuss.

I'm also better than god.

This is how I was taught; the term god, with a lowercase "g", referees to gods of mythology, like the Greek gods. The term God, with a uppercase "G", referees to the invisible creator. Evil Dead never used the uppercase form of the word.

finti
I use the lowercase regardless what god there is talk about

debbiejo
I'm still in transmutation..........Oh God/god....I'm being assimilated...

cking
yep, you sure are, have fun. yes

spidermonkey
Isn't God capitalized because it is his name? Like Zeus not zeus.

But I don't understand why they have to capitalize He or Him.

cking
just like any name is should be capitalized.

spidermonkey
But why capitalize He and Him whenever talking about God?

No other religion does this as far as I know. God I understand, but why He and Him?

Atlantis001

finti
god aint a name so it shouldnt be capitalized at

meaning the bible is a waste of paper

Shakyamunison
god aint a name so it shouldnt be capitalized at

meaning the bible is a waste of paper

I wouldn't go quite that far, after all, in the thread "If God were to tell you to, would you fly an airplane into a building?" there were several Christians who said yes. You don't live in a building, do you? laughing

finti
no I live in open space with a tent as the only cover if rain roll eyes (sarcastic)

says more about their brain and condemming terrorist doing the deeds they said yes to do . One word MORONS sorry this forum doesnt allow stronger words so................... well guess f*ucking idiots can be used as well

cking
God's name to us is Jehovah.

Shakyamunison
God's name to us is Jehovah.

What the f**k?

debbiejo
God is god....just God/god.....now I don't know if I should use a capital letter or not........OK...I will...God.....The main entity.

cking
he usually refers to himself as "I AM." in exodus.

Bardock42
he usually refers to himself as "I AM." in exodus.

So saying " "I AM" better than "God" " is kind of funny.....

cking
no, he said because I AM the only one, no god was ever before me or will be after.

Shakyamunison
So saying " "I AM" better than "God" " is kind of funny.....

I AM the walrus... laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

cking
yep

debbiejo
no, he said because I AM the only one, no god was ever before me or will be after.

He/It is the only thing...and that being so makes us part of the "I AM."

So we can just say "We Are."

cking
no, he is and we are not.

debbiejo
"We Are." Are too...

cking
we are not god.

Shakyamunison
"We Are." Are too...

Now children! play nice.

cking
we try to

debbiejo
Then just be quiet and admit that if God is all there is then that makes us what?????....There is only one choice.

Cause what the term "I AM" comes from is "I AM all there is."...

cking
yep

BackFire

discuss.

You also haven't murdered people.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by BackFire
You also haven't murdered people.

Are you sure? Did he forget that or...?

After all, his name is Evil Dead. laughing

Bardock42

Yes, yes.....I take it you didn't get it.....

Evil Dead
no, no........I don't believe faithfully that I exist, I do. I am solid matter. Anybody, for a small fee (half price for you BackFire wink) can touch me. It's not faith, it's fact. My existence can be tested again and again and again.......all will yield the same results.

If you missed the bit of sarcasm, this thread is about the Christian/Jewish god......so the rest of your retorts are off as you were referring to your own vision of god, not theirs........as for #3.......both the Christian and Jewish religions are based on god's commands for humans.....how they should live. He has 10 of them.........he gave them to Moses........

Atlantis001

cking
this is one big debate thread

JLRTENJAC

You never let him, and god always does what is best for people, like a father, He punishes, like a father, He does all of this because he loves us... like a father.

There is proof everywhere that God exists. Look at the Human brain, The ecosystem, the body, emotions... do you really think that all this could have possibily happened by accident?

cking
very, very good.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
You never let him, and god always does what is best for people, like a father, He punishes, like a father, He does all of this because he loves us... like a father.

There is proof everywhere that God exists. Look at the Human brain, The ecosystem, the body, emotions... do you really think that all this could have possibily happened by accident?

Nothing happens by accident. The cosmos has karma, and we are part of that karma. God is everything and no person can ever understand or know the will or true nature of God. So, why are you saying; God this, God that, as if you somehow know? You do not know, nor do I. If you go around saying; this is what God wants, this is what God is, this is what God does not want, you are trying to be God, and you can not be God. I wish you great happiness.

cking
true, we CANNOT be god.

JLRTENJAC
Nothing happens by accident. The cosmos has karma, and we are part of that karma. God is everything and no person can ever understand or know the will or true nature of God. So, why are you saying; God this, God that, as if you somehow know? You do not know, nor do I. If you go around saying; this is what God wants, this is what God is, this is what God does not want, you are trying to be God, and you can not be God. I wish you great happiness.

There is only one god, and in reading the bible is where I get my understanding of what he wants. I am NOT trying to be God, but a strong follower of him. He created the cosmos, he created us. He is 3 beings in one.

I don't claim to KNOW everything, but I do know that what I have said is true.

debbiejo

JLRTENJAC

Shakyamunison
No, pagans worship the things of the earth, and there is a huge difference between God and angels, He created them to worship him, and to be his messangers. They are not on the same level as him. Satan thought that he would become God, Went to war with him, and do you see what happened to him? He was sent to Hell.

I am better than god because, I don't need to be worshiped.

Why would God need?

JLRTENJAC
I am better than god because, I don't need to be worshiped.

Why would God need?

We will NEVER under stand God, I just know that he asks us to obey him.
To give him Praise and glory. Why? I don't know, and shouldn't be expected to know, Why? because I am not God, nor do I want to be, have you seen Bruce Almighty?

Shakyamunison
We will NEVER under stand God, I just know that he asks us to obey him.
To give him Praise and glory. Why? I don't know, and shouldn't be expected to know, Why? because I am not God, nor do I want to be, have you seen Bruce Almighty?

No, I haven't seen Bruce Almighty.

I don't think God has asked you anything, other people have told you this, in order to control you.

JLRTENJAC
No, no one has told me this to control me.

Shakyamunison
No, no one has told me this to control me.

That's part of the control. You don't realize it, but hopefully, one day, you will realize it, before you are made to hurt someone. I know this because I was a Baptist. I know you are a Catholic, and I know that this control factor is less in the Catholic church, but evil people are in control of that church too; think about the priest child molesters.

I'm not trying to piss you off, just shake you enough to make you think. If you are in a good place that doesn't control you, then you are a lucky person. Always keep your eyes open for evil people; you know what they look, don't you? They look like you and me.

JLRTENJAC
That's part of the control. You don't realize it, but hopefully, one day, you will realize it, before you are made to hurt someone. I know this because I was a Baptist. I know you are a Catholic, and I know that this control factor is less in the Catholic church, but evil people are in control of that church too; think about the priest child molesters.

I'm not trying to piss you off, just shake you enough to make you think. If you are in a good place that doesn't control you, then you are a lucky person. Always keep your eyes open for evil people; you know what they look, don't you? They look like you and me.

I am a baptist, and the people that lead my church are all good people. We allowed people to stay in our parsonage when their house burnt down. We have gone out in the community and helped people in various ways, now does that sound like bad people... oh and the Child molesters, I don't believe they are true christians... or they were fraimed.

Shakyamunison

JLRTENJAC
We are like the tin soldier that C.S. Lewis mentioned.

JLRTENJAC

Shakyamunison
No I am not Naive, Yes evil people do hide among good people, but I know that the people I am with every day are good people. They weren't always good, but they are know, I have heard their pasts and I have lived with them in my life for years. One man that I know has faced death before if he did not renounce God, but God has delivered him from that. Someone else I know used to be on Drugs for about a year, He used to lie awake at night thinking about his life and crying because he knew god was watching him. He was delivered from that.
As I went to Tennasee, over the Rocky Mountains, I saw this BEAUTIFUL valley and thought. "How could anyone beleave that there is not a God after seing sights like this. Or even question his existance (even though for a short time I did just that.)"

You are under complete control.

Have a nice day big grin

JLRTENJAC
*sigh*

finti
or at least they seems to be as of now,

actually this entire post screems naive

JLRTENJAC
Well maby if you met these people, you could understand what I am saying.

finti
I understand what you are saying, still what goes on behind the 4 walls of their private homes might be a chocker

debbiejo
Statistics show that to be true...what goes on behind closed doors....people would be surprised.

JLRTENJAC
Yea well I would trust them with my life... Especially my old sunday school teacher. You could see that he was good by the look in his eyes... and that is something you can't fake.

debbiejo
Yea well I would trust them with my life... Especially my old sunday school teacher. You could see that he was good by the look in his eyes... and that is something you can't fake.

Sure...I know...I know people like that too....but I also know others who are not what they appear to be...and they have a look too..

If you could be a fly on the wall.........

Chibi Boy

discuss.

The thing that makes you less better than god is:

1. I don't know if you exist, i can't even see you, what stops me from thinking you are a mass murderer like your supposed version of god?

2. You can't create life from dirt, which makes you lesser than god.

3. You let your people run wild, you don't tell anyone to do anything. This creates poverty, crime, greed etc or to put it simple you will let everyone be bad.

4. You aren't all powerful unlike god who can heal etc.

5. You clearly can't tell the difference between good and bad, God is good, there is nothing you can say that i can't prove wrong which can change that.

6. If you was someone trying to support the real way of life you'd have to tell people what to believe, otherwise everyone would be evil and that's that.

7. God cares about all, but i bet you hate someone in life.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Chibi Boy

1. I don't know if you exist, i can't even see you, what stops me from thinking you are a mass murderer like your supposed version of god?

3. You let your people run wild, you don't tell anyone to do anything. This creates poverty, crime, greed etc or to put it simple you will let everyone be bad.

5. You clearly can't tell the difference between good and bad, God is good, there is nothing you can say that i can't prove wrong which can change that.

6. If you was someone trying to support the real way of life you'd have to tell people what to believe, otherwise everyone would be evil and that's that.

I didn't think Evil Dead was better than God but you have convinced me. BTW read back to the beginning and you will find that most of your points have been made already. big grin

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Chibi Boy

Yea! Now who can argue with that logic?

Evil Dead
1. You do not need to know I exist for it to be fact, something that can be tested via the scientific method over and over again, all yeilding the same results, I exist. As a matter of fact, I'm sure there are encyclopedias filled with information that you do not know, yet are still fact.

2. True, I can't create life from dirt. How does that make me lesser than god? God has never been proven to have created anything....or to even exist at all. It has been proven that I have atleast created life from my sperm, which is more than god has ever done.

3. "good" and "bad" are subjective and relative. what is bad for one person is good for another. your existence is good for you yet bad for those around you. go figure.

4. I'm not all powerful. I readilly admitted that in my first post. Who said god could heal? Prove god can heal. Hell, prove god exists in the first place. Incredible statements requires incredible proof. If you have it, by all means, share with the rest of the world........they've been looking for thousands of years and have never found the tiniest bit.

5. once again, "good" and "bad" are subjective and relative. prove god is good.

6. what is "the real way of life"?.......did you just make that up? the rest of what you have written is jibberish.

7. who said god cares about all? did god tell you that? When did god tell you that? where did god meet you to tell you that? how often do you see god that he's on such a friendly basis with you? In your next meeting, tell him to quit being so shy. There are 6 billion people on this earth.....armed with video cameras and the like.......yet he reveals himself to know one, won't let a picture be taken of him........but meets with you and discusses his feelings on a regular basis?

finti
everyhting can be faked, thats why people get so surprised when the shroud falls

flawed and stupid logic, people aint evil just because they dont believe in something, only ignorant inexperienced people tend to think so

and the diffrence between this and the biblical god is?

guess he is just as powerful cause this biblical god dont seem to heal a thing either

why does this god of yours allow all these wrong doings on this planet to happen, a good god wouldnt

sonnet
You are under complete control.

Have a nice day big grin
The whole of creation exists because of controll. The human body funtions because there is systems of control within your body. Nothing can exist succesfully in chaos. God is a God af control, his creation is proof of that. The universe and laws of physics also is proof of control. Chaos is were evil dwells. I would rather be part of this "control" than of the chaos of a Godless world.

finti
so you are trying prove a thing with a with an unproven theory

debbiejo
Originally posted by sonnet
The whole of creation exists because of controll. The human body funtions because there is systems of control within your body. Nothing can exist succesfully in chaos. God is a God af control, his creation is proof of that. The universe and laws of physics also is proof of control. Chaos is were evil dwells. I would rather be part of this "control" than of the chaos of a Godless world.

I don't think it's so much "control" as it is the mechanics of how things work through the laws of physics...which were instituted purposely and not by accident..

sonnet
so you are trying prove a thing with a with an unproven theory
Actually it is not a theory but common sence, but for your sake I will elaborate more. Is it reasonable to acknowledge a Creator? When Dr. Wernher von Braun the "father of the USA Rocket and Space program" was challenged by sceptics to scientifically prove the excistance of a Creator, this was his comment,: "Must we really light a candle to see the Sun?". The electron is materially inconceivable, and yet it is so perfectly
known through its effects that we use it to illuminate our cities, guide our aircraft through the night, and take most accurate measurements. What is so strange is the reasoning why physicists accept the reality of a inconceivable electron as real but they refuse to accept the reality of a Designer/Creator on the grounds that they cannot conceive of Him or see Him.The inconceivability of some issue should not be allowed to rule out any theory that explains the interrelationship of observed data, as like that of the electron, and is useful for prediction. To simply dismiss the concept of a Creator as being unscientific is to violate the very objectivity of science itself. While we may not be able to comprehend knowledge of a Creator, we certainly can apprehend it.

sonnet
I don't think it's so much "control" as it is the mechanics of how things work through the laws of physics...which were instituted purposely and not by accident..
Thanks, that is exactly what I was trying to say. Without these laws of physics which in the end "controls" universe we will be in total chaos.

finti
to say that a god created the universe is common sense is nothing but an exaggeration of the importance of that way of believing

a creator of the universe and us, no

not as unscientific but as ridiculous

Chibi Boy
everyhting can be faked, thats why people get so surprised when the shroud falls

flawed and stupid logic, people aint evil just because they dont believe in something, only ignorant inexperienced people tend to think so

and the diffrence between this and the biblical god is?

guess he is just as powerful cause this biblical god dont seem to heal a thing either

why does this god of yours allow all these wrong doings on this planet to happen, a good god wouldnt

Maybe it's because it is our fault, not all parents go around stopping things from happening especially once you've left home. (And by the way, god IS doing something about all the wrong doings. Heard of Armaggedon?)

You don't even know that god can heal? You clearly haven't tried christianity then, unlike what you said on another topic.

You can't see this god, but when you die you can, or otherwise you can feel his presence at some Churches. And the whole reason I said that was to bring it up.

1. You do not need to know I exist for it to be fact, something that can be tested via the scientific method over and over again, all yeilding the same results, I exist. As a matter of fact, I'm sure there are encyclopedias filled with information that you do not know, yet are still fact.

2. True, I can't create life from dirt. How does that make me lesser than god? God has never been proven to have created anything....or to even exist at all. It has been proven that I have atleast created life from my sperm, which is more than god has ever done.

3. "good" and "bad" are subjective and relative. what is bad for one person is good for another. your existence is good for you yet bad for those around you. go figure.

4. I'm not all powerful. I readilly admitted that in my first post. Who said god could heal? Prove god can heal. Hell, prove god exists in the first place. Incredible statements requires incredible proof. If you have it, by all means, share with the rest of the world........they've been looking for thousands of years and have never found the tiniest bit.

5. once again, "good" and "bad" are subjective and relative. prove god is good.

6. what is "the real way of life"?.......did you just make that up? the rest of what you have written is jibberish.

7. who said god cares about all? did god tell you that? When did god tell you that? where did god meet you to tell you that? how often do you see god that he's on such a friendly basis with you? In your next meeting, tell him to quit being so shy. There are 6 billion people on this earth.....armed with video cameras and the like.......yet he reveals himself to know one, won't let a picture be taken of him........but meets with you and discusses his feelings on a regular basis?

answer to 2. God could make life easier than whoever you can make life with.

answer to 7. God can't show himself, he's spiritual. Yet the Bible says many nice things about him, he has given me a brilliant life in return for coming here.

answer to 5. Read the Bible

answer to 4. I couldn't show you the proof, it cannot be expained on a screen. If I could tell you i would.

answer to 1. I still don't know you exist.

Evil Dead
- sigh -

how do you know this. prove to me one instance of god creating any kind of life. I can prove I created life, I have a child. you cannot prove god has created anything.....

how do you know god can't show himself? did he tell you that? when did he tell you that? where did you meet him for him to tell you that? how often do you and god get together to discuss things of this nature? I believe he was pulling your leg. You say he can create an entire universe full of matter, but cannot create physical matter to show himself in?

I've read the bible, many times. What does that have to do with anything?

ofcourse you couldn't show me proof, because it's something that only exists in your head. You cannot even prove to me god exists.......much less prove to me he exists AND has magical powers of healing.

good for you, you're a moron. As stated earlier, you do not need to know it for it to be a true fact. All that is needes is the ability to stand up to the scientific method, which my existence does. I'm sure there are many, many, many things you do not know.

sonnet
to say that a god created the universe is common sense is nothing but an exaggeration of the importance of that way of believing

a creator of the universe and us, no

not as unscientific but as ridiculous
Well then it is just as ridiculous for us to take the word of scietists for the existence of the electron.

Evil Dead
here's the thing sonnet.........you don't have to take the word of anybody. You can enter the field of study and see it for yourself...............all it takes is your time. That's the wonderful thing about scientific facts, they're always there........for everybody to see.....all you have to do is look.

Chibi Boy
- sigh -

how do you know this. prove to me one instance of god creating any kind of life. I can prove I created life, I have a child. you cannot prove god has created anything.....

how do you know god can't show himself? did he tell you that? when did he tell you that? where did you meet him for him to tell you that? how often do you and god get together to discuss things of this nature? I believe he was pulling your leg. You say he can create an entire universe full of matter, but cannot create physical matter to show himself in?

I've read the bible, many times. What does that have to do with anything?

ofcourse you couldn't show me proof, because it's something that only exists in your head. You cannot even prove to me god exists.......much less prove to me he exists AND has magical powers of healing.

good for you, you're a moron. As stated earlier, you do not need to know it for it to be a true fact. All that is needes is the ability to stand up to the scientific method, which my existence does. I'm sure there are many, many, many things you do not know.

"how do you know this. prove to me one instance of god creating any kind of life. I can prove I created life, I have a child. you cannot prove god has created anything....."
I still don't know who you are, you could be lying about all this. I can't see you, you might be sending me all these messages but still, all this might be fake.

"good for you, you're a moron. As stated earlier, you do not need to know it for it to be a true fact. All that is needes is the ability to stand up to the scientific method, which my existence does. I'm sure there are many, many, many things you do not know."
Shouldn't i be calling you a moron? As you said yourself just because we can't see him doesn't mean he doesn't exist. And all those messages you are sending are like jesus coming to earth as a sign. And don't forget that everything in the Bible is what science has also proven right.

"how do you know god can't show himself? did he tell you that? when did he tell you that? where did you meet him for him to tell you that? how often do you and god get together to discuss things of this nature? I believe he was pulling your leg. You say he can create an entire universe full of matter, but cannot create physical matter to show himself in?"
You haven't shown me yourself, i might never see you, but that still doesn't dissapprove your existance. Maybe he doesn't want to show us his face unless we was in heaven.

"I've read the bible, many times. What does that have to do with anything?"
Well you seriously haven't read it properly.

Chibi Boy
"ofcourse you couldn't show me proof, because it's something that only exists in your head. You cannot even prove to me god exists.......much less prove to me he exists AND has magical powers of healing"
You can't prove to me that you exist either yes

ushomefree
Chibi Boy

How old are you?

Evil Dead
as stated earlier, you do not need to know something for it to be a scientifc fact.......something that can stand up to testing over and over again and will yield the same results. A simple DNA test can prove both my existence.......and my paternity of my daughter. The test can be administered 100 times.........all 100 tests will yield the same results, making it a fact.

I never said that because you can't see god, god must not exist. I said you cannot prove god exists because in the past several thousand years not one shred of evidence has been uncovered to even lend creedence to the very idea of a god.....much less one actually existing. Science has proven the bible correct?.......um......that's the dumbest thing I've read all day. I'll give a short list of very big discrepencies in the bible......

- The Bible says the human race began with two and only two specimens, Adam and Eve. Their children imbred, their children's children imbred and so on until the entire earth was populated with their decendents. This is ofcourse false......as any species, purely imbred ...no new genes being brought into the gene pool of the family will not produce offspring after 6 generations. They would be unviable. The 4th and 5th generations would probably have many defects....physical and mental.

- The Bible states that Jonah lived inside of a fish (whale) for several days......only to emerge alive and intact. Despite the fact that a human being would be suffocated within hours inside of a whale's stomach, the digestive juices would digest them alive within 24 hours..........

- The lineage of the bible puts the earths age at just under 7,000 years. We have found specimens on our planet that date back millions of years.

ofcourse the answer to all of these discrpencies is the same. The bible was written by ancient man who knew very little of the world around them........they did not have the correct information to work into their fairy tale so they wrote their stories without knowing they were in direct contradiction to now known facts. Ofcourse if the words of the bible came from a god......it would all be correct as a god would have known how old the earth was......a god would have known about suffocation and digestive juices in a whale's stomach......etc. etc.

well........duh shit........if you have two brain cells to rub together you already know it's impossbile to prove a negative (non-existance). To be proven fact there must be testable data. If something does not exist it can not produce data to test. Originally you claimed to have direct information about god. You said, "God can't show himself, he's spiritual." The only way you could have direct information like this is if you infact talk to god and he tells you. Now you change your story and say "maybe he doesn't want to show us his face unless we was in heaven."..........why are you changing your story? Before you were stating something as fact, now you are merely offering up your best guess.

I read it left to right, top to bottom. Unless you're reading in Hebrew, I believe that is the correct way, is it not?

again kid........your knowing something or not knowing something has nothing to do with it being fact. Scientific facts are not based on if Chibi Boy knows them to be true or not. They are based on data that can be tested over and over again, always yielding the same results.

really. Are you 12 years old? You seem to not have the slightest grasp on many subjects you should have learned before entering junior high school. This childish banter based upon stating things which can easily be disputed and in some cases are just plain wrong may work well to impress your friends under the jungle gym but your conversing with adults in here, it does not have the same affect on us.

ushomefree
Nicely said... the last paragraph anyway.

JacopeX

discuss.

1. Are you high or something? If you were god, Whats my last name? Didnt think so.

2. Youre an impostor and a phony. You cant make belive youre god. Thats a huge sin.

3. Youre going to hell you know that.

4. I bet if you got shot youll die. You Mortal.

5. I wont bow to an impostor like you. Im offended of you saying that because im a catholic and we belive in Almighty god of above The father of Jesus christ.

6. Youre not god. And igf you were god, why did enrique have to die. And dont even lie.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JacopeX
1. Are you high or something? If you were god, Whats my last name? Didnt think so.

2. Youre an impostor and a phony. You cant make belive youre god. Thats a huge sin.

3. Youre going to hell you know that.

4. I bet if you got shot youll die. You Mortal.

5. I wont bow to an impostor like you. Im offended of you saying that because im a catholic and we belive in Almighty god of above The father of Jesus christ.

6. Youre not god. And igf you were god, why did enrique have to die. And dont even lie.

Some people just don't read...

Evil Dead never said he was god, just that he was better than god. Just in case it went over your head, his point (in my opinion) was, he is real and god is not, that makes him better than god.

JacopeX
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Ok, He is not better than god. If he was, He would know and have the knowledge of everything and stuff from years and years and years and years and years and....well you get the point ago...Yo What religion are you Evil dead just to know.

Shakyamunison
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Ok, He is not better than god. If he was, He would know and have the knowledge of everything and stuff from years and years and years and years and years and....well you get the point ago...Yo What religion are you Evil dead just to know.

You just don't get it.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Imperial_Samura

Hmmm, I must say, just because one knows everything does not make one good or bad, better or worse. It's how one uses such knowledge and so forth.

Superman 24
The title should be, why you are not better than God.

feralboy
thank you. you can't be better than someone who made you lets not forget he'll work overtime to break you

Imperial_Samura
Wait, why can't someone be better then the one who made them? Remembering it's all relative that means you can never fundamentally be equal to or better then ones parents. And another thing, if a creator is perfect, then what is created HAS to be perfect, it can only be flawed if the perfect creator wants it to be. But we are flawed. This means either God is not perfect, or he wanted us to be flawed.

Also, we are meant to be made in God's image, inherently that seems to suggest a great deal of potential, but God's a bit of a dictator if he gave us potential, but intentionally made sure we couldn't climb to high.

Also, I must admit it is hard to respect, or think much good of something that I thought he was all loving and understanding. That phrase makes me think of him being jealous and vindictive.

Superman 24
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Wait, why can't someone be better then the one who made them? Remembering it's all relative that means you can never fundamentally be equal to or better then ones parents. And another thing, if a creator is perfect, then what is created HAS to be perfect, it can only be flawed if the perfect creator wants it to be. But we are flawed. This means either God is not perfect, or he wanted us to be flawed.

Also, we are meant to be made in God's image, inherently that seems to suggest a great deal of potential, but God's a bit of a dictator if he gave us potential, but intentionally made sure we couldn't climb to high.

He is perfect. We are flawed because, we think for ourselves.

God mad ethe parents that made you aswell, so yeah you can't be better, than you're creators creator.

feralboy
you should prey on that one

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Superman 24

God mad ethe parents that made you aswell, so yeah you can't be better, than you're creators creator.

Ergo free will is the source of our flaws. But it is still a feature given to us by God, which means that he intended for us to have it, and if he is all knowing then he knew that it would lead to us being flawed. Thus he knew and intended for his greatest creation to be flawed, and chose not to find a way to cir-cum navigate that, which theoretically would be easy for him as he is all powerful...

feralboy
ok he was testing adam and eve

Shakyamunison

You can judge an artist by his work. If we are flawed, then God is flawed.

Superman 24
You can judge an artist by his work. If we are flawed, then God is flawed.

Does an artist's drawings, have free will ?

Shakyamunison
Does an artist's drawings, have free will ?

You take thing too literal. If God is perfect then we are perfect. God is everything and everything is perfect.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>