Adam Warlock v Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
Its Black Adam Day at KFC big grin I mean KMC cluck a doodle cock confused

leonidas
warlock threads suck whirly because someone just says - can't he just suck his soul, and the answer is usually yes. i think he probably could drain adam's soul, but adam is immortal i believe, so perhaps not. the gem has had problems with immortals in the past.

anyway, without soul-sucking, and if this is classic warlock, this is a good match up. adam has taken cap marvel AND supes simultaneously and is no stranger to magic or things of a 'cosmic nature' - i'd give it to adam. besides, i've always thought adam was an ultracool villain. (i always liked him better than marvel)

whirlysplat
Originally posted by leonidas
warlock threads suck whirly because someone just says - can't he just suck his soul, and the answer is usually yes. i think he probably could drain adam's soul, but adam is immortal i believe, so perhaps not. the gem has had problems with immortals in the past.

anyway, without soul-sucking, and if this is classic warlock, this is a good match up. adam has taken cap marvel AND supes simultaneously and is no stranger to magic or things of a 'cosmic nature' - i'd give it to adam. besides, i've always thought adam was an ultracool villain. (i always liked him better than marvel)

I think Adam would win as well Leo

DigiMark007
Warlock's so mercurial. His Marvel bio states that he has stopped a blow from Mjolnir dead in its tracks, but depending on which version and what side of the bed he woke up on that could change. He's still got an impressive number of powers though (power cosmic, karmic blasts, telekinesis, strength, low-to-mid level telepathy, etc.).

Black Adam, despite taking on Marvel and Supes at once, shouldn't be any better than either of those two. I'd take Warlock, even though I think BA is cool, but I tend to think the best of Warlock in most vs. threads (like the Warlock who can hang with Thanos...not beat him, but hang with him...and who is probably on par with guys like Thor and Surfer). So in reality it could probably go either way.

-DM

leonidas
good to see ya post digi. you've been quiet lately. your opinions are good ones. you should join in more often. i'm always looking for help against the evil empire - AKA cosmic cube, kg and long pig.

smile

Sentry
Without the gem, Warlock still wins. He battled a Warrior Madness Thor and held his own. He didn't last long, but hey, he will be able to hold his own against Adam. Warrior Madness increases strength and durability of an Asgardian ten fold. He swatted away Thor's Mjolnir via telekinesis.

Without the Soul Gem, Warlock 7/10.

With the Soul Gem, Warlock 8/10.

leonidas
that battle you're referencing is a very old one sentry. in the newer blood and thunder story line, madness thor CRUSHED warlock AND surfer at the same time! warlock admitted to having been terrified of thor because in an earlier battle thor had beaten him nearly to death.

if he's not stealing ba's soul, i think ba takes this one.

Sentry
Still that Thor he battled had Warrior Madness. Thor #166. Thor went beserk and was overcome by Warrior Madness. Yes Warlock knows his place when battling Thor, he would not battle Thor now unless he absolutely had no chance of finding away around it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thor-166.jpg

Warlock now will probably beat BA. Quite easily. Thor is a god, BA gets his powers from Gods. Couple of cosmic blasts to weaken his physical exterior, couple of karmic blasts to weaken his soul, and the killing blow entering his soul and performing an exorcism of his soul.

Then again he could pull him into the soul world and calm his soul.

Another scenario, Adam without his soul gem, is quite powerful indeed. Without the soul gem sucking on his life force every time he uses it, his base powers are greatly increased. Telepathy, Telekinesis, Psionics, Ability to tap the power cosmic... BA is vulnerable to mind attacks. Classic Warlock sans the gem had all of that and thensome.

Both ways leo, Warlock wins.

kgkg

even immortals have soul leo

leonidas
<<even immortals have soul leo>>

true, but somehow they're more powerful. i remember strange being shocked by the power of thor's soul in distress. and thor and herc have both shrugged off the effects of the gem's karmic blasts and those blasts have done great damage to many powerful opponents. who's to say they can't (perhaps) combat the vampiric effects as well? as warlock ever tried to suck the soul of an immortal? he may have, and i just can't recall it. if he hasn't, then until proven otherwise, i'll contend that it might at least be a debateable issue.

course, ba's not a god, but his powers HAVE made him apparently immortal. whatever that means, i've really no idea . . . sad

DigiMark007
good to see ya post digi. you've been quiet lately. your opinions are good ones. you should join in more often. i'm always looking for help against the evil empire - AKA cosmic cube, kg and long pig.

smile

cool
Thanks...I'm on a lot, but pick and choose my battles. Mostly it's only ones that are close, or that I know a lot about. But I just finished a quasi-epic battle against cosmic cube in the Plastic Man/Hulk thread a couple days ago, so I know what you mean.

-DM

leonidas
<<Thanks...I'm on a lot, but pick and choose my battles. Mostly it's only ones that are close, or that I know a lot about. But I just finished a quasi-epic battle against cosmic cube in the Plastic Man/Hulk thread a couple days ago, so I know what you mean.

-DM>>

who HASN'T had 'quasi-epic battles' against cc?

smile

GODSCRIBE
good fight

roughrider
Adam Warlock didn't make his rep at Marvel by being stronger than others. It's his mind, and the subversive nature of his power. This is a man who out-strategized Thanos; virtually no one can do that. Despite superior power on the surface by Black Adam, I have to side with Warlock.

Sixth_Winged
The problem with this Warlock matches is his uber soul-sucking attack. It's like fighting Darkseid and you know deep down that some time in the match, OE would be fired and you have no way stopping it. So there you go, we should hate people like them. Even Thanos who arguably has a very strong soul is very afraid of it.

JOE NUNEZ
WARLOCK,he always beats the villians and loses to the heroes.

Mider
out strategizes thanos like when oh lets make all the heros kill themselves fighting thanos while surfer tries to grab the IG in a lame attempt at that oops didnt work well thats all i got.

roughrider
Originally posted by Mider
out strategizes thanos like when oh lets make all the heros kill themselves fighting thanos while surfer tries to grab the IG in a lame attempt at that oops didnt work well thats all i got.

Sounds like you didn't read the last two issues; he figures out a weakness in Thanos no one knows - even Thanos wasn't aware of it. And by the end, the IG was his. That's just the broad description of what happened.

TheKahn
Doesn't seem to take much to stop mjolnir..... wink
http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avengersv1010091yx.jpg

then again, Cap is a pimp.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Mider

And i suppose someone else could make better against a literal God? And like someone already pointed out, the conclusion was in his favor and not the other way around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.