Darth Maul vs. Jolee Bindo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Mantis
Setting is the Kashyyyk Shadowlands...

Darth_Janus
Then Jolee wins.

Fishy
Jolee, in a location like that it would not be hard for him.

kamikz
What is special about him and the location? I don't know yet so I say Maul.

Fishy
Don't make a decision because you don't know....

Just read up on him, or don't post about who you think that wins...

Whats so special about Jolee...

Well he fought in the Exar Kun war, defeated a few Dark Jedi. Then exiled himself from the Jedi because they failed him. He moved around the galaxy for a lot of years and then his ship crashed above Kashyyyk.

Instead of moving away he lived in the Shadow lands for 20 yeras.

Now Jolee is old, but he is wise and not weak either. He fought in wars, and although he isn't as good as he was in his prime he still is a reasonable fighter. He has a reasonable control over the force and living in the Shadowlands for 20 years makes you tough.

Darth_Janus
kamikz, I'm gonna be nice cuz you haven't really irked me before.

If you don't know, find out. If you can't find out, consider... just consider waiting before making a verdict.

Now, Jolee Bindo lived in the Shadowlands of Kashyyk for... lord, how long was it? A long time, let's just put it that way. He's survived where few people could. So naturally, he has a homecourt advantage over Maul, who wears black, has a painted red face, and doesn't know the first thing about Kashyyk.

Darth Calladus
Maul wins this.....i frankly dont give a damn about the location..they can use the damn force what the hell does location matter?

and besides jolee is weak. evrytime he is in my party and we fight like 3 sith masters he gets raped in like 3 hits. thats playing with him on hard and normal. hes worthless, he is only good for healing

Fishy
Game mechanics suck if you want to compare how people fight. For all what matters everybody in my party could have died in one hit constantly, would that make them weak? No, not outside of the game. To take into account everything that people here have done in the game is insane. You just have to use what you know about the characters.

What we know about Jolee makes him damn tough. Surviving the shadow lands is not going to be easy, besides after fighting with Revan for a few weeks and challenging god knows what and a shit load of Jedi you can be pretty sure the guy has learned a lot of new things. He killed more Dark Jedi then Maul killed Jedi, if they are of the same caliber I don't know. Depends on how many people he killed in the temple of ancients.

And the setting does matter, it matters a lot. Kashyyyk is a wild forest filled with unknowns, Maul would not know what to expect there but Jolee would know every single last tree there. He would where he is where he could go how to ambush his opponent how to lose from where he could the most damage from out of the shadows. Maul would have a very hard time fighting somebody like Jolee in Kashyyyk.

Darth Calladus
whoa whoa....first off Darth Maul is trained-from-birth assassin. who know very well about shadow. and as far kill count goes. darth maul had to kill in secret and only when it threaten the plans of his master. jolee culd have gone out looking for sith to kill, and the council wuldnt have said squat. and like i said he is an assassin. they're trained to use the location to thier advantage.

jolee is not the kinda of person who goes out looking for a fight. Maul however is much diffrent. using the eternal darkness of the shadowlands he wuld swoop out of nowhere and ambush jolee(like Qui Gon). he wuld be taken by surprise. and hes a old man,and darth maul is young. maul wuldnt let him escape either.

and like i said locale does not matter. obi wan and qui gon were going through the planet core of naboo and had no idea where they were going. but ther force showed them the way. all Binks did was cry and complain.

besides i doubt they wuld fight in the trees. more like on the ground where they can fight uninterrupted. cuz lightsabers wuld cut straight though the wood, i mean cmon i really shuldnt have to mention that. (it wuld piss of the wookies as well). and im sure jolee knows that better then anyone.

An Old Hermit vs. A Sith Lord

Darth Maul wins this

Clawed The Bum
i agree with the walking cat. maul would camoflague in the night. he is like a ninja trained in all envireoments ESPECIALLY the dark. he is specially trained vs jedi. maul wins

Admiral Akbar
Horrible reasons. I agree the location does matter. And assasain or not, Jolee has the upper hand on this fight. And maul is not trained to fight in all locations, thas nonsense. I dont think Maul could keep himself standing on one tree and then jumping over to the next one.

darth vraya
Jolee's been there for twenty years. Darth maul just got there didn't he?
Sure, in a pure raw battle jolee would be owned but he'd probably run into the trees after a while of fighting. Then he'd heal up and surprise attack maul from the trees which he knows all too well

darthrevan89
The old coot is a lot tougher than people realize.

darth vraya
He is but he isn't as tough as darth maul

Fishy
Maybe not but he still has a powerful connection to the force. He could use that his knowledge of the area and his reasonable skill with a lightsaber to defeat Maul.

Maul wouldn't even own him in another location, give Jolee an advantage like this and he wil win.

btw: On the location does not matter, have you seen the Yoda vs Sidious fight?

Emperor Revan
He didn't say what Jolee this was, but I don't think even end of KOTOR Jolee could beat Maul. Maul can kill most Jedi masters with ease and although Jolee's powerful, he's also a consular. Maul is much more resistant to Force powers than people think and Jolee is nearly powerful enough to defeat him with Force powers so it would come down to a lightsaber fight with Maul winning IMO.

Fishy
Even on Kashyyyk. No way Jolee would use the envirement to his advantage his knowledge, he knows what he's doing there far better then Maul. Maul won't be able to follow him he won't see where the attacks are coming from.

Emperor Revan
He has the Force, he won't need to see where the attacks are coming from as he proved against Qui-Gon and Obi when Obi was behind him and Maul was still blocking all his attacks without seeing them. The location would help Jolee but IMO it's not enough.

kamikz
Fishy and Janus, I wrote the wrong thing, I was only going to ask why Jolee would win because of the shadow lands not questenint his abilities, sorry. Next time I'll think before I post. Maul had incredible fighting skills in the books and EU, in the film he was really awesome too. I'll be checking on Jolee and then I'll decide.

Clawed The Bum
man i hear people say btw all the time what the freakin deakin is it.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by kamikz
Fishy and Janus, I wrote the wrong thing, I was only going to ask why Jolee would win because of the shadow lands not questenint his abilities, sorry. Next time I'll think before I post. Maul had incredible fighting skills in the books and EU, in the film he was really awesome too. I'll be checking on Jolee and then I'll decide.

Fair enough. I mean, in a straight fight, in neutral ground, I would lean more towards Maul. But in Jolee's backyard, more towards Jolee. Certain factors can drastically alter a fight's result. For example, if on Mustafar there was a slightly more steep slope, there would be no Darth Vader... He would have been sliced and slid right in the lava!

Clawed The Bum
what the freakin deakin is btw

Emperor Revan
by the way.

JediMusician
I agree with Darth Janus. In a fair fight, Darth Maul would easily defeat Jolee Bindo. And Maul's experience killing jedi has no weight, because Jolee isn't like the jedi he's killed. He's gray, like Luke, he's not like Old Republic jedi. It comes down to pure lightsaber skill.
But on Kashyyyk, especially in the Shadowlands, Jolee wins easily.

Darth Calladus
Originally posted by JediMusician
I agree with Darth Janus. In a fair fight, Darth Maul would easily defeat Jolee Bindo. And Maul's experience killing jedi has no weight, because Jolee isn't like the jedi he's killed. He's gray, like Luke, he's not like Old Republic jedi. It comes down to pure lightsaber skill.
But on Kashyyyk, especially in the Shadowlands, Jolee wins easily. grey are you serious..............brings back old memories dont it Janus cool

Darth_Janus
Well, the definition of grey in KOTOR is shown on the Gre Jedi robe item.

Grey jedi are not considered in alignment with the Jedi ideal, but they are not considered evil either. They are merely out of the Order itself.

Darth Calladus
but i thought you said they dont exist..................

Darth_Janus
No, I said the concept of neutral Jedi doesn't exist, and impartial morality in the SW universe doesn't exist either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.