Old kid's movie on TV in the 80's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

knuckles01
I'm desperately trying to figure out the title (and then track down a copy of) a movie my sister and I saw several times on television when we were kids in the 80's. It had something to do with a little boy and girl (I think it was two kids) getting sent into the past -- back into the history of an old mansion or castle or something in the woods. I don't remember much about the plot, except that eventually the house burns down and everybody inside is killed, and in the fire scene, the snotty woman character is calling "Mama mama mama" over and over while her snotty male counterpart is calling "Muh-mah muh-mah muh-mah" (the British pronunciation of "Mama"wink. It may in fact have been a British movie -- I can't remember if all the actors had accents.

I feel like there was possibly a key involved -- an old metal key. But I might be mixing that up with another movie.

Does this ring ANY bells with anybody else? I really want to find this movie, as it was one of our favorites when we were kids (kinda spooky and fun) and my sister is pregnant with her first child, so I thought it would be fun to put together a package of some of our favorite kid movies for her kid.

SnakeEyes
Star Wars: Ewok Adventures?

knuckles01
Erm, no.

We may have had bad taste in movies, but even WE thought the ewoks were lame.

SnakeEyes
Ummmm, Was it Saved By the Bell : The Movie?

knuckles01
Now that's just silly. A Saved By the Bell movie wouldn't have come out until the 90's. And you call yourself a Senior Member. . .

hanxan
The Amazing Mr. Blunden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.