Why hate Obi-Won?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clawed The Bum
He literally won every single duel he been a part of except for the ones with Doku! Anakin constantly mentions how great of a master he is. What hasn't he done in the entire prequel trilogy so far to prove that hes actually a outstanding fighter?

Darth Windu
Good contradiction lol.

Lord Matreid
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
He literally won every single duel he been a part of except for the ones with Doku! Anakin constantly mentions how great of a master he is. What hasn't he done in the entire prequel trilogy so far to prove that hes actually a outstanding fighter?

laughing out loud

Clawed The Bum
I forgot to write a ps so i will write one now

P.S. please first read the why love obi post

darth-yoda
h elost every duel apart from the one with maul and GG whi dose anakin have to compare him to and what has he done in the PT to proc=ve he is above average

Clawed The Bum
obi killed GG and maul and unagrueably could of killed anackin. if anyone here says that he couldn't of killed anackin you are an idiot and i won't agrue with you. ( read sig) anackin was on the ground helpless and could of very easily been killed by anybody even jar jar binks. the only person that obi lost to was count doku. which is a sith lord. how is that unabove average.

Human Vader
Obi Wan is held in high esteem by me. After Mace and Yoda hes easily the best jeedai in the prequels. But the only battles he ever won were GG and Anakin. He lost to Maul, lost to Dooku twice.

Darth Calladus
i agree in a sense with human vader. dont just jump conclusions when he says obi wan lost to maul. he really did technically. he jus got very very lucky. i dont even count that. Dooku rapes him all the time. and grievous well i cant say much. he one fair and square.even though grievous was fighting dirty...but, hey do what you can to survive, there is no dirty fighting in deathmatches.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
To quote the man Obi-Wan in ROTS "In my experience there is no such thing as luck"

KMCF
Obi Wan may have not been able to hold back onMaul which almost cost him his life. But he did kill Maul. He did kill GG. He and Anakin both lost to Count Dooku. If you read The Episode III Novel. Palpatine and Dooku were agreeing not to Harm Anakin. Obi Wan passed The Jedi Trials Anakin did not (If you have seen The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network).

Clawed The Bum
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
To quote the man Obi-Wan in ROTS "In my experience there is no such thing as luck"

(speaking to master Vrook)" We both know that there is no such thing as luck, there is only the force"
- Master Vandarr

Obi Won always won his matches with no luck. Obi WON ( notice won)

Darth_Janus
Obi-Wan is easily the best character in the series. He's not all-powerful, but he's no pushover either. And in the movies and the novels he displays amazing wisdom and skill for his young age. You guys should give him more credit... You're comparing him to people who were Jedi masters when he was a padawan.

Captain REX
Haha...haha...ha...

WAN. stick out tongue

Um, let's see...I don't hate Obi-Wan, so I don't see why I should say anything other than that.

Clawed The Bum
i also have a question you know how anackin was the youngest member to ever join the council was obi the youngest before him? and the yungest to ever be rank of master. since janus just pointed out a very good point that i never thaught of... he is preddy young... very young. very intelegent too.

Captain REX
Obi-Wan didn't get the rank of Master until about the year he joined the Council, which was the last year of the Clone Wars.

And if he was the youngest, Anakin is far younger.

Darth_Janus
Mace was younger around 25. Obi-Wan was at least 30 something, and he didn't become a master until almost two years into the three-year Clone Wars, when Anakin became a knight after the Jedi Trial novel, which sucks, btw.

Clawed The Bum
yeah but in episode one obi looked so young. i heard that the pt all hadd the same actor for obi. there wasn't much of a time difference betwean the episodes

Darth_Janus
But in-movie there is. Obi-Wan is 25 at the time of TPM. He's 35 during AOTC, and about 38 at ROTS. 13 years pass in between TPM and ROTS.

Clawed The Bum
man i never knew that a beard made you look that much older . i am never growing a beard...

kamikz
Comon, you can't really compare Obi-Wan with Darth Maul and say he lost. Darth Maul was a sith, he was made to take down jedi and had experience since he was a child. Obi-Wan has no traning against other force users and was only a padawan. And Obi-Wan wasent just lucky against Maul. In the end Maul was the one in pressure, he lost his double-bladed saber and had a hard time in battle but pushed Obi down in that pit. Wonder what had happened without that pit.

Captain REX
Mace Windu was approximately 28 when he attained Council membership. yes

Anakin was 21-22? That's usually about the age that a Jedi Padawan finishes his training and becomes a Knight.

Fishy
Anakin was a councillor because the council could use him to spy on Palpatine in that possition and because Palpatine asked the Jedi to do it. There is no other reason.

Darth Calladus
i agree

Clawed The Bum
i agree too. yes fishy is in my side. wooooo hoooooo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.