Commercials Forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wickerman
Thread split from Suggestions Thread

Here are a few suggestions that didn't get answered in the "Current state of KMC" thread that might get some answer here:

~wickerman~

Originally posted by Wickerman
I haven't been on here for long enough to be able to state what the KMC forums USED to be like....actually, i'm most likely still considered a newb, but hey, that's how things go right?
Anyway.....my current suggestions on improving the quality and at the same time the infrastructure of KMC, would be:

1. Merge the SW forums into just one, with SW: literature and EU as a sub-forum

2. Merge "General Fiction Area" with "Prose and Poetry" I mean.....it just seems like a double forum to me erm

3. A History forum sounds interesting to me, but that's because i love history. I'm not sure how or where that would fit in though......but i'd like for this addition to be made.

4. I'd like for another addition to be made: A "Commercials" forum, where people can discuss the making of commercials, actors involved in them, even the music used for them. I'm pretty sure it would have enough patrons, even though it might start off slow.....i mean....it can't have less than the religion forum anyway right? erm

Clovie
forum for commercials? blink

sure let's make it and place next to the religion one erm

Wickerman

Clovie
but i'd love to nitpick on that one confused

i still don't see the point.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Clovie
but i'd love to nitpick on that one confused

i still don't see the point.

Well i'd love to nitpick on every grammer mistake made in this thread, but seeing as how reading all 102 pages of it has made me a bit tired, i won't erm

you see a point for a "yerss forum" or for yourself to become a mod but can't see a point for having a forum for commercials? huh

Let's see.....they're in every movie break on TV......they occupy roughly 30-40% IMO of daily TV alloted screen-time, they bring together some of the most imaginative people in one single domain, there are multiple million dollar contracts for MERE SECONDS of screen time during the Superbowl break and other such events, etc.

If you don't see the importance of commercials and advertising as a whole, you live in a sad sad world erm

~wickerman~

Clovie
but that's a great idea...why don't you check the grammar of all posts i've made? coz i'm sure there would be a lotsa stuff to nick pick on erm

this is personal attact. i have never seriously considered myself becoming a mod here. as for a 'yerss forum' talk with him maybe.
it's easily noticable that you have some problem with me and i would highly appreciated if you explaind it to me in a PM or something

and getting to the main part..
of course i do know that commercials have a big effect on the population. but i don't see the point to discuss them.
an the extra thing is that i don't find it interesting to talk about commericals i've never seen nor will see erm

Wickerman
but that's a great idea...why don't you check the grammar of all posts i've made? coz i'm sure there would be a lotsa stuff to nick pick on erm

this is personal attact. i have never seriously considered myself becoming a mod here. as for a 'yerss forum' talk with him maybe.
it's easily noticable that you have some problem with me and i would highly appreciated if you explaind it to me in a PM or something

and getting to the main part..
of course i do know that commercials have a big effect on the population. but i don't see the point to discuss them.
an the extra thing is that i don't find it interesting to talk about commericals i've never seen nor will see erm

Show me where there's a single personal attack on you in my previous post, because i certainly can't find one erm i was just clearing a few points up.

you're one single member out of a lot more that KMC has, i'm sure some of them would like to discuss commercials, and the advertisement industry as a whole. As for certain commercials, the idea is that if you really wanna discuss one (not you personally, using "you" as a generic term) you can create a new thread with a link to a site on the net where people can watch the commercial in discussion.

~wickerman~

Raz
Can't really see much support for a commercials forum.

yerssot
you see a point for a "yerss forum" or for yourself to become a mod but can't see a point for having a forum for commercials? huh

adapted quote from Scream:
"Humor, Stue, you should look it up."
anyway, Raz disagrees with you

Wickerman
Originally posted by Raz
Can't really see much support for a commercials forum.

No prob raz, but if i get more people interested in it (since i just mentioned it in this thread and the "Current state of KMC" thread), would you consider it?

~wickerman~

Raz
If I can see a good amount of genuine support (note: does not include bandwagons), then I have no problem creating a sub-forum in the TV area.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Raz
If I can see a good amount of genuine support (note: does not include bandwagons), then I have no problem creating a sub-forum in the TV area.

A sub-forum in the TV area sounds great. I'll try to pass the idea around here and there. Thanks raz thumb up

~wickerman~

Storm
I' m not won over to this idea.

Fire
Same here, I don't see why we should create a sub-forum just for the sake of it. Commercials belong in the TV forum, until there is a big enough amount of them to justify their own forum.

Clovie
Show me where there's a single personal attack on you in my previous post, because i certainly can't find one erm i was just clearing a few points up.

you're one single member out of a lot more that KMC has, i'm sure some of them would like to discuss commercials, and the advertisement industry as a whole. As for certain commercials, the idea is that if you really wanna discuss one (not you personally, using "you" as a generic term) you can create a new thread with a link to a site on the net where people can watch the commercial in discussion.

~wickerman~ because it sounds so to me erm

Clovie
btw
Let's make a TV-shop forum too smile

Wickerman
btw
Let's make a TV-shop forum too smile

If that's sarcasm, you're not very good at it erm

If you're serious, that suggestion should be in the "Suggestions" thread, not in this one.

~wickerman~

Clovie
no. it would be the subforum of your non-existant comercials forum. smile

Cinemaddiction
The only merging in SW that should be done is the OT + the PT, at the very least Episode 1-3.

Poetry belongs in Artwork, because stories and poems are two different things, IMO.

History Forum? This is a place for fun, yous guys learn History in school, and it's kind of out of place for a supposed MOVIE forum to have such a forum.

Commercials forum just sounds silly, IMO. The turnover there would be so high, and conversations so dull and one sided, and I don't think there'd be enough interest. I don't visit the TV forums personally, but...

Wickerman
no. it would be the subforum of your non-existant comercials forum. smile

That is called trolling or instigating to a fight. Are you sure you want another warning/ban?

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The only merging in SW that should be done is the OT + the PT, at the very least Episode 1-3.

Poetry belongs in Artwork, because stories and poems are two different things, IMO.

History Forum? This is a place for fun, yous guys learn History in school, and it's kind of out of place for a supposed MOVIE forum to have such a forum.

Commercials forum just sounds silly, IMO. The turnover there would be so high, and conversations so dull and one sided, and I don't think there'd be enough interest. I don't visit the TV forums personally, but...

Merging the OT + the PT would mean two forums: One that has the entire SW movie saga and the EU and literature forum. Sounds good to me thumb up

I don't know about that one

What about Music, computer/video games, Book, and especially sports forum? You can just as easily say "You guys do physical education in school, and it's kind of out of place for a supposed MOVIE forum to have such a forum" ........ but it does erm

I'm pretty sure the conversations wouldn't be considered dull or one-sided. For instance, you give your opinion on a certain advertising company, then people might disagree with you. You give your opinion on a certain commercial, people may disagree with you. I don't know if there would or wouldn't be enough interest yet. I haven't sent the PM's i wanna send yet.

~wickerman~

Clovie
That is called trolling or instigating to a fight. Are you sure you want another warning/ban? are you threatening me? huh

And to be clear. i have no idea what is trolling and instigating erm

Wickerman
are you threatening me? huh

And to be clear. i have no idea what is trolling and instigating erm

No, i'm not threatening you. I'm asking you to stop trolling or instigating to fights, else i'll be forced to report you. And the consequence of the report MIGHT lead to a warning or a ban.

Read the rules, find out thumb up

~wickerman~

Storm
Calm down.

dave123
1. Merge the SW forums into just one, with SW: literature and EU as a sub-forum

I don't know too much about the SW forums, but I know they're a big part of KMC, or at least the founding of KMC. As such, I'm not gonna give an opinion on this, really, but I will say that Ep 3 sucked balls yes

2. Merge "General Fiction Area" with "Prose and Poetry" I mean.....it just seems like a double forum to me

It would seem logical to have a link from the GFA to the P&P, since they are kinda strongly linked. If you see what I mean, it'll still be a part of the art section, but you'll be able to get there via the gen fict.

3. A History forum sounds interesting to me, but that's because i love history. I'm not sure how or where that would fit in though......but i'd like for this addition to be made.

Good point, where would it go? A potentially good idea, just gotta find somewhere to place it...

4. I'd like for another addition to be made: A "Commercials" forum, where people can discuss the making of commercials, actors involved in them, even the music used for them. I'm pretty sure it would have enough patrons, even though it might start off slow.....i mean....it can't have less than the religion forum anyway right?

Yeah, sounds alrite. I don't really visit TV forum all that much, but I suppose a subforum couldn't hurt if enough people are for it thumb up

Cepheus
And I thought a 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' forum would be silly. rolling on floor laughing
Anyways I very much doubt it'd have many posts, or many threads for that matter.

Bardock42
Shit Icy...what you call yourself cepheus for?......

G.P
The commercial forum doesn't make any sense to me, for the same old reason. Basically ads vary from one country to another. The most creative countries when it comes to commercials are Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway. Yet no one ever see these ads. So this is, once again, an all-American solution:

I'll give you one little example: Bill Bernbach's ad campaign for the first Beetle. It's a well-known one in the US, it has been quite successful and it has led to the creation of the ad agency DDB Needham... But the same Beetle campaign in France, for instance, was totally NOT funny, cause we don't have a tradition of big cars...we already had tiny ones... The two campaigns were different, and except if you know them both, which I highly doubt, any discussion is doomed.

So basically, what you wanna do is to create a Smallville- or Lost-like subforum, because you don't know a thing about commercials ?

Thank you for your attention

Clovie
^ Exactly!

We have here some great commercials. but
1st thing. they're ads of some polish stuff, so no chance that anyone else has seen it
2nd thing. even if i really tried to translate it it would make no sense. no one would understand the point of it.

Fire
A lot of adds are only funny to a specific group of people, because you usually need to get it. And the it is pretty specific for one country or something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.