Honesty the Best Policy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG
Is honesty the best policy ?

How many of you here have lost something and had it returned by a stranger in the exact condition you lost it ?

If you found a wallet or a purse or a handbag would you consider it YOUR lucky day or would you go through a dozen telephone calls to return the item back ?

PVS
once when i worked in road maintenance i found a purse on the side of the road. it had no i.d., or any way to trace the owner. it had some junk in it, but also a change purse with 160$ in it. i took it out and pocketed it.

if there was an i.d., i would have returned it.

a year before, there was another mainainence guy named charlie. charlie found a roll of 20$ bills totaling 800$. just a roll of bills and a rubber band. charlie was more honest than i. charlie signaled the first state trooper that passed by. charlie walked up to the car, told the trooper about the cash he found, and that he wanted to do the honest thing and turn it in. the trooper then had a big grin from ear to ear as he took the fat roll of cash and said "thank you charlie" and drove off.

moral: honesty is a foundation of character...but dont be a sucker.

jaden101
gave the money to a cop?...an evil dirty corrupt cop?...thats part "the system"

i'll bet that money went straight to funding new torture devices that bush can personally use on speccy black kids and immigrants

roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
um, lets hand jaden a big fat 'DERP'

first off, i have nothing against cops, i have 2 in my family...nice try. roll eyes (sarcastic)

second, the point is that you're a fool to just hand that kind of money to anyone when there is no i.d. attached to it....get it?

i anxiously await your next weak attempt at baiting me rolling on floor laughing

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
um, lets hand jaden a big fat 'DERP'

first off, i have nothing against cops, i have 2 in my family...nice try. roll eyes (sarcastic)

second, the point is that you're a fool to just hand that kind of money to anyone when there is no i.d. attached to it....get it?

i anxiously await your next weak attempt at baiting me rolling on floor laughing

eeerrr...yeah...i know...i just like having a dig at you laughing

GCG
Originally posted by PVS
a year before, there was another mainainence guy named charlie. charlie found a roll of 20$ bills totaling 800$. just a roll of bills and a rubber band. charlie was more honest than i. charlie signaled the first state trooper that passed by. charlie walked up to the car, told the trooper about the cash he found, and that he wanted to do the honest thing and turn it in. the trooper then had a big grin from ear to ear as he took the fat roll of cash and said "thank you charlie" and drove off.

moral: honesty is a foundation of character...but dont be a sucker.

in that case honesty has nothing to do with it. Money on its own, is your blessing. Charlie is a bit too simple minded if he really thought he was doing the right thing.

I found a purse with some ID one morning and it was right outside a police station. When i went in it wasnt there and i spent hardly 15 minutes inside as i was filing a report of a motorcycle accident i had just had. When i came out I instantly picked it up and put it in my crash helmet. I surely was not giving it to no police ; im not sure what they would do !

Even more so, from the ID, it was a female student. Eventually I made some phone calls to return the purse. First the language school, then a hotel that had the Student's name on.

We met and she was a good looking, Moldovian residing in Italy. So far so good.

But ironically in less than 24 hours the next day i lose my wallet ; and i had it returned the next day by a Bulgarian woman who even more ironically found it riding her motorcycle !

These events actually show that Honesty is the Best policy ! - I got to meet 2 eastern-european chicks in 2 days !

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by GCG
Is honesty the best policy ?

How many of you here have lost something and had it returned by a stranger in the exact condition you lost it ?

If you found a wallet or a purse or a handbag would you consider it YOUR lucky day or would you go through a dozen telephone calls to return the item back ?

This thread couldn't have come at a better time...my mother lost her wallet on Sunday morning when she was shopping. The police came and helped her retrace her steps and still nothing. Yesterday (Monday) she was suprised as the local police pulled into her yard with her wallet and nothing was stolen, not even her $160.00 she had in it. And for me, it reaffirms my faith that there are decent people in the world, just very far and few between. My mother plans on rewarding the man and his wife with some cash when she gets in a better monetary sitauation.

Well met, I say smile smile smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.