Who was the hero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShaKoon
was it Sam or Frodo?

Aduruth
ooooo. tough one. im a fan of sam.

i think frodo hcould withstand the ring, as could sam, but mnot as long. but sam did not give in to fear and pain. but still endured and rikinddled his flame and frodo's as well, so sam.

Exabyte
confused to me it more seemed that the friendship between them was the hero, each of them alone would have been nothing...
I think Tolkien perfectly showed that one person alone can hardly be a hero... for me, that was one of the basic statements in the books dontgetit

Naib
to choose one over the other misses the whole point of the story, thereby indicating you did not read the book fully. in truth, frodo did bear the weight of the responsibility as he was/is the ring bearer. but his strength and courage was or is derived from his friendship in sam. as for sam, truthfully it was love and loyalty for frodo for being where he was

if not that, then more than likely sam would be comfortably living in the shire sipping his pint of ale and ogling rose from a distant and not daring to do a thing about it

that question you ask although thought provoking is without validy as it is quite moot

Saberstylemasta
The hero was them both. Frodo carried the ring, but as he said at the end of the two towers movie, "Frodo wouldn't have gotten far without sam."

and shakoon is a dip.

Maikahyandowen
I think it was both of them. Frodo wouldn't have gotten as far as he did without Sam's help.

Aduruth
Originally posted by Naib
to choose one over the other misses the whole point of the story, thereby indicating you did not read the book fully. in truth, frodo did bear the weight of the responsibility as he was/is the ring bearer. but his strength and courage was or is derived from his friendship in sam. as for sam, truthfully it was love and loyalty for frodo for being where he was

if not that, then more than likely sam would be comfortably living in the shire sipping his pint of ale and ogling rose from a distant and not daring to do a thing about it

that question you ask although thought provoking is without validy as it is quite moot

I agree, but what i understand from shakoon's post is what he meant "who deserved the heroship/glory more" maybe hero, wasnt the wisest chice of words, insted i think he meant who deserved more glory.

ShaKoon
Saberstylemasta keep it up, and the moderator's will ban you! mad

Saberstylemasta
Originally posted by ShaKoon
Saberstylemasta keep it up, and the moderator's will ban you! mad

I'm aware, though I could get a good amount of signatures to get YOU banned as well.

ShaKoon
oh.. and give up already kid. your a 10-year old, stop cussing, you.

Saberstylemasta
oh.. and give up already kid. your a 10-year old, stop cussing, you.

Did I cuss anywhere, and It's on my birth certificate. the day I was born. September 19, 1991. Do the math you tark, Am I ten? I think not.

jerlark386
Actually, almost every character had some involvement with the destruction of the ring. Lots of characters could be considered heros. Gollum, in fact, had the most direct impact on the doom of Sauron.

Despite his madness, he is not pure evil. He is both the 'hero' and the 'villian' in some ways.
He found the ring.
He lost the ring.
He helped frodo.
He betrayed frodo.
He bit Frodo's finger and fell in the lava destroying the ring. Otherwise Frodo would wind up Gollums position and the story cycles.

Aduruth

ShaKoon
yes, i would NOT like to argue with saberstylemasta, he sent me some messages CUSSING, but i would not like to talk about it,

if there was no frodo, the ring would not be destroyed, if there was no sam, frodo would die (maybe) and keep the ring, so i think they have to go together. (why does everyone say that sam & frodo are well.... together, y'know what i am talking about, it is really weird

ShaKoon
and... i don't think anyone else noticed this, but i did

i don't think that when frodo got his finger bit off, he was angry at gollum for that, he was angry because gollum took the ring from frodo

Saberstylemasta
yes, i would NOT like to argue with saberstylemasta, he sent me some messages CUSSING, but i would not like to talk about it,

if there was no frodo, the ring would not be destroyed, if there was no sam, frodo would die (maybe) and keep the ring, so i think they have to go together. (why does everyone say that sam & frodo are well.... together, y'know what i am talking about, it is really weird Originally posted by ShaKoon
and... i don't think anyone else noticed this, but i did

i don't think that when frodo got his finger bit off, he was angry at gollum for that, he was angry because gollum took the ring from frodo

Please stop double posting. You are VERY infamous for this.

Flying High
isnt there already a thread thats about this messed

i coulda sworn i'd seen one messed...

Flying High
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27508&perpage=20&highlight=was+frodo+the+hero&pagenumber=1

i think this thread goes over this topic messed...

Elessea
yeah....this thread isn't doing anything...just, festering no expression

use the link Fee posted...and don't double post...edit your first post Shakoon...

Son of Boromir
They all pulled their own part to make the story i mean Frodo and Sam couldnt get anywhere without the fellowship, but if i had to pick id say sam beacause frodo would of screwed it up ith the beggining by putting the ring on. But gollum did help but eating frodo Happy Dance Happy Dance GO GOLLUM EAT FRODO

masterkit
yes, good gollum

ShaKoon
You swore! You swore on the precious!

Smeagol lied, *choke*

frodo coughs,

belbel300
bye bye frodo, sam is da hero..........oo, that rhymed!

ShaKoon
yes, sam did all the work really, frodo keep day dreaming and pausing for no reason! stick out tongue

sam managed to still hate the ring but frodo loved it

belbel300
but, without the both of them, neither would have survived

ShaKoon
evil face : frodo

smokin' : golllum

belbel300
lol

belbel300
i take it that you've given up on your other threads

ShaKoon
poor gollum, peter jackson made him crawl around for 4 years (or 3?)
but in his last moments, he stood around!
hurray!

belbel300
and had a ride on frodos back

ShaKoon
ha, no i have not, except saberstylemasta closes them, he says something the moderators don't like, miffed

it was funny when gollum looked like he was flying!

belbel300
he he, clever aswell, good old peter jackson and weta workshops

ShaKoon
yes, i heard that andy serkis was hanging on this guy and he had to bite this carrot, so they could make it look like the finger

ShaKoon
some normal one from the fridge

belbel300
kl

Elessea
Please don't double post. It gets really, really tyring.

Aduruth
Shakkon, i have a question for u, do u know wat double posting is?

Flying High
do they know what the search button is for...

Saberstylemasta
ha, no i have not, except saberstylemasta closes them, he says something the moderators don't like, miffed

it was funny when gollum looked like he was flying!

Learn your facts before you go mouthing off. your threads are closed because they are irrelevent or repeats.

yes, i heard that andy serkis was hanging on this guy and he had to bite this carrot, so they could make it look like the finger Originally posted by ShaKoon
some normal one from the fridge

Please...PLEASE.... Stop double posting!

plays with squa
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo SAM he is the coolest he save frodo's butt on more than once Happy Dance yes rock Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

belbel300
yey

ShaKoon
Originally posted by Flying High
do they know what the search button is for...

my search engine does not work at all

belbel300
um.......

Exabyte
Originally posted by belbel300
lol
kl
yey
um.......
!!
Ermm... would you mind only posting if there's actually something you want to say? erm

Pointless posts sort of make it very, very tiring to read longer threads.

shaber
Sam took a subordinate role to Frodo

belbel300
sorry big grin

Murray
Frodo would've died in 5 minutes without Sam!

SAM IS THE HERO, but Frodo gets the credit.

(Frodo wasn't even going to destroy the Ring!)

Fëanor
Originally posted by shaber
Sam took a subordinate role to Frodo actually i disagree...sam may've seemed subordinate but in actuality he was the sole reason that frodo ever made it to mordor and to mount doom. without him to encourage and give him strength frodo would've eventually failed in his mission to destroy the one ring. if you look at it in another way, frodo and sam embody the whole ying/yang of what a true hero would be as a whole, but in a separate entity. my guess really

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.