Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lil Krueger
http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/490/490104/vids_1.html

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

DOOM THE MOVIE IS GONNA ROCK AS....HELL!!

Ast Rofan
It looks very Resident Evil like, which arent the greatest films, but I enjoyed them.

And I love The Rock in his young movie career, one of those rare guys who makes everything interesting, he could do a scene with him putting in a lightbulb and he could make make it interesting.

I dont know his name, but the guy from LOTR, Riddick, and Bourne Supremacy is very good too.

forumcrew
im gonna vote no on it being very good

Myth
It does sort of resemble Resident Evil, which I hated. However, besides the set up, the monsters and the actors are more likely to please me. I'll see it and then make up my mind because although it doesn't look great, I have been too excited about non-CGI monsters to give up now on this movie.

MildPossession
Meh, looks like fun, plus the lovely British actress Rosamund Pike who I adored in Die Another Day.

Smasandian
It does look like Resident Evil, and the monster somewhat look like the nemesis to me.

I dont know about this, that monster looks somewhat crappy to me.

ragesRemorse
The movie looks dark, and cheap. Where along the line did they decide to incorperate dna splicing with the doom story. I hope everyone knows that the human genome had nothing to do with DOOM. Doom was about demons comming through a portal from some other existence that closley resembled our idea of hell. Samas is right the monsters look shitty and typical. In the world of doom, monsters never looked typical and cheap, they were always original and intimidating. I can tell this movie is going to be a piece of shit already, man i was sort of excited for this movie too.

Cinemaddiction
Very uninspiring.

Mandorallen
It's got the rock?

count me out....

stunna1773
kick ass i love the special effects in the teaser good find 9 out 10 from me Lil Krueger

Smasandian
What special effects?

That was a rhetoric question.

stunna1773
wit the demons and shit like that and the way they made it look like

The Highlord
ohhhhhh man, that was lame, seems as if they are going the same way as Resident Evil, also I dont know if its true, but I heard that some or many groups have protested agaisnt the Doom plot, cause it was about hell and stuff therefor it was made this way, but I dont know if its true, bah when first I heard about the Doom Movie project I was very exsided, but then things all went down hill, and now this trailer drops it to the bottom, I'l not go see it in theaters, I mihgt watch it in a year or 2 when it gets shown on tv, crap crap crap, and those lame ass director, actors, and whatbe have to come and do this to one of my all time fav gmae title sad

snake_eyes616
hmm, looks like crap.

Zilverz
nothing from the teaser made me think DOOM

also I like the ROCK.. but from what little bit of speaking he did .. it seemed weak, definately nothing fit as a Doom Trooper

tabby999
tried to watch it, wouldn't work on my comp

DanZeke25
I think it looks pretty good.

WindDancer
I believe this will be the Rock's first rated R film. I will admit it the Rock did an okay acting job in Walking Tall. So I'm not come down on him. I love Doom III and I'm looking forward to the movie. If is good is good if it sucks oh well...it sucks.

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. its so going to bomb.. its nothing like doom.. "Genetic experiments" ? give me a break.. I want the forces of hell over that cop-out of a plot anyday

alic88
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The movie looks dark, and cheap. Where along the line did they decide to incorperate dna splicing with the doom story. I hope everyone knows that the human genome had nothing to do with DOOM. Doom was about demons comming through a portal from some other existence that closley resembled our idea of hell. Samas is right the monsters look shitty and typical. In the world of doom, monsters never looked typical and cheap, they were always original and intimidating. I can tell this movie is going to be a piece of shit already, man i was sort of excited for this movie too.

spot on

Lil Krueger
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
ugh.. its so going to bomb.. its nothing like doom.. "Genetic experiments" ? give me a break.. I want the forces of hell over that cop-out of a plot anyday

Maybe the Genetic Experiment is what the scientists think. Cause would you believe that gateway to hell where Satan is, is open? Or experiment gone wrong? After all PEOPLE THIS IS ONLY A TEASER. WAIT FOR A FULL TRAILER!

Shaid
Yea it sounds cool and all, but i'm tired of all these Remakes of Movies, video games, comic book turn movie, and old sitcoms and Tv Shows, which you could just watch on Nick at Night. Some remakes were ok, but the some weren't even worth making, Dare Devil wasn't all that great, neither was War of the Worlds. Spiderman was nicely done, and was/is a wonderful movie. Hell Boy was good, but i think it needed alittle more. but I think that the Resident Evil, and Final Fantasy movies weren't really great. and now Doom? probally gonna be the same as Resident Evil. I say Hollywood has been diagnosed with a lack of imagination, and creativaty, story wise that is. Special affects don't exactly make the movie, they help, but a solid "snatch and Grab" Story will keep people comeing back. which is the complete opposite of what some Hollywood writers and such are doing. This doesn't go for all movies that is, Hustle and Flow i beleive is quite Original ( havn't seen ) and Four Brothers is looking very nice, aswell as Must Love Dogs ( seems like a remake of You got Mail which was a remake of anotehr movie, or book)

Solo
I am sad to say that I know, somehow, I will end up seeing this movie.

metalmikey
Im a big Rock fan so i cant wait for this movie..he is going to be a great action hero with a few more flicks under his belt..and i wasnt really a doom player tried it a few times but never really got into it..but i hope this one is good..

3D Figure
Hmmm, Ill wait to see next trailer. or I'll rent on $1 dvd at local superstore

Acherontia
So Far the Movie Looks God Awful, But I will still see it seeing as DooM was the firt video game I every played :-p and I am a DooM fan :-p

cal31
Go to gametrailers.com, they have the full trailer shown at Quake-con and I have to say, it looks a lot better than I thought it was. Best thing I saw was that some of the movie will be shown in first person which they show in the trailer.

SaTsuJiN
http://gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7190&type=mov

what cal said.. I might definately be watching it now

StinkFist462
the first person looks so stupid. if i wanted to see doom in first person i would play doom.

Mandorallen
lol, The trailer looks like a video game trailer.

Cinemaddiction
Bump and moved to the new forum!

Bicnarok
the movies out any1 seen it yet

K.Diddy
erm Picked this up cheap on dvd yesterday,will watch it soon....Then post how much it sucks

That ACDC Chick
i liked the movie
then again, i never played the game mhmm
but Dexter Fletcher is one of my favorite actors and he played Pinky

K.Diddy
no expression I finally seen the rest of this movie in the morning,I've been busy lately,Ok this movie sucks balls that hard they would turn blue if a movie could actually suck balls

no The monsters looked crap and were not scary,the movie did not even feel like doom,They could of easily gave this movie another name and got away with it,The first person shooter scene was interesting,but still crap,the only positve I can really give this is the fight between the rock and that other dude at the end,This dvd is going in the bin,as should of the whole script for the movie in the first place

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, the movie was garbage. They should have just folllowed the original story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.