Who can play Harvey Dent?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Harvey Dent
How do you think he should look like?

Who can play him? (and why would the directors even consider Timberlake as Two-Face?)

What is his best look in the comics? Who draws him the best. (has Jim lee drew him before?) post some pics if you can.

I personally like the way he looked, talked, and acted in the Animated Series the best. I liked the black and white suit. And I hope they keep it like this in the upcoming movies.

I can't see Timberlake playing him, his voice sounds like a girl when he should sound like more of a bad-ass like in the Animated Series.

plus - Timberlake is new at acting and the Two-Face schitzo character probably is to complex for him.

the only good schitzo I've seen in a movie was Jim Carrey in Me, Myself and Irene.

Myth
Check the "Two-face in part 2" thread. wink

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by Myth
Check the "Two-face in part 2" thread. wink

I did and my topic is totally different.

That thread is only discussing IF Two-Face is going to be in the next movie.

This thread is for discussing HOW Two-Face should be portrayed in the next Batman movies.

Also this is for a discussion on previous Two-Face art styles from the comics.

Please read what I had to say first instead of just refering me to the other thread which I have read.

It's a totally different topic on Two-Face.

Mainstream
I should be portray like he was in the old cartoon and like he was in dark victory and long halloween

NoFate007
I think they should give it to Guy Pearce, cause he's proven that he's a good enough actor to pull off such a role - watch Memento. He should be a torn character, moreso like TAS and NOTHING like Batman Forever's interpretation.

vvvrulz
Yeah, Forever's intepretation was a mess. Badly casted and very badly direction. Two-Face was simply a Joker wannabe in that.

Myth
Originally posted by Harvey Dent
I did and my topic is totally different.

That thread is only discussing IF Two-Face is going to be in the next movie.

This thread is for discussing HOW Two-Face should be portrayed in the next Batman movies.

Also this is for a discussion on previous Two-Face art styles from the comics.

Please read what I had to say first instead of just refering me to the other thread which I have read.

It's a totally different topic on Two-Face.

I read what it said, I still just thought that this would still belong in the other thread because similar sub-topics have been brought up in that one. Oh well.

NoFate007
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Yeah, Forever's intepretation was a mess. Badly casted and very badly direction. Two-Face was simply a Joker wannabe in that.

Yeah, both Two-Face and Riddler were attempted Jokers in that movie, that's one of the reasons I hated it. Also, that's one of the reasons I liked Batman Returns. Penguin and Catwoman didn't try to redo the Joker's persona. Catwoman was a sexy torn-between character, and Penguin was a freak of nature. Neither tried to be the criminal that is always laughing at their own killing jokes.

vvvrulz
Definately, at least Returns had original villains.

In that sense, Begins was somewhat disappointing with its villains, they weren't exactly showstoppers now were they.

NoFate007
They were realistic though, I liked that. They weren't very extravagant or unbelievable. Mr. Freeze is someone like that. He can be very realistic, or he can be miserably ridiculous. Batman & Robin went the latter route. I think TAS showed him in a realistic way - as they did with a lot of their characters.

vvvrulz
TAS really pulled it off, they should look there for reference.

NoFate007
Yeah, they really should. I consider that the source to look to for Batman. It had tons of characters, great psychological insight - aka it wasn't The Batman, where everything seems almost campy. Great character representation...etc etc

Mainstream
I wonder how they gonna decide if he gonna be a black guy like in TAS or white like he is in the comics..hmmm

good heads he'll be white...bad heads He'll be black

I loved the two face music from the TAS..the errie whistling music..it kicked ass.

NoFate007
He was white in TAS wasn't he? I think he was only black when Billy Dee played him in Batman

Mainstream
Originally posted by NoFate007
He was white in TAS wasn't he? I think he was only black when Billy Dee played him in Batman

he looked black on TAS....or maybe he had a really deep tan...or maybe he was mixed..who know..he was cool though..the coin thing and being obbessed with the number 2....cool

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by Mainstream
he looked black on TAS....or maybe he had a really deep tan...or maybe he was mixed..who know..he was cool though..the coin thing and being obbessed with the number 2....cool

He wasn't black.

bakerboy
I always thought that Guy Pearce, Mel Gibson or Ray LLiota would be great as two face/harvey dent.

NoFate007
idk about Gibson but Pearce yeah, Liotta I never thought of but he would be too.

Lady_Jade
Why does everyone think that just because someone has a tan they have to be black? o_O Anyways, I agree with Guy Pierce. He needs to get a little bulkier though.

Myth
I think Lliota would have been great in the Goodfellas days but he's getting up there in age now too. He's also put on some weight (I think).

vvvrulz
Yeah he was pretty big in 'Narc'.

Impediment
I say Thomas Jane would be perfect, even though he's already portrayed The Punisher.

Red Superfly
Two-Face needs to be brooding, not like Tommy Lee JOnes trying to be The Joker.

I always thought The Rock looked like Harvey Dent (at least from the Animated TV series). Yes, I said The Rock. Whether or not he'd be worthy or taken seriously is another matter though (ex-pro-wrestler turned shit-movie star? Hmm), so maybe not.

One character who is No1 contender in my opinion would be Billy Zane I think. He looks like Harvey, but he's also good schizo actor. Which I think is more important than anything. Plus he is good looking, which I think is important for Two-Face as it will emphasise his tragedy and show exactly why he feels so p*ssed off (good looking guy hideously deformed).

NoFate007
I don't see Billy Zane being a hardass enough though. Remember, he can't just be a pretty boy who looks messed up after the acid. That'd be like saying someone could play the Joker as long as they look like a clown. I still think Guy Pearce is the best choice.

systemshock2
It'll depend on what age bracket they want to put Two-Face in. If it's a younger Harvey, around the same look and age as Bruce, I'd go with Johnny Depp. If it's an older more mature Harvey, I'd go with Robert De Niro.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by systemshock2
It'll depend on what age bracket they want to put Two-Face in. If it's a younger Harvey, around the same look and age as Bruce, I'd go with Johnny Depp. If it's an older more mature Harvey, I'd go with Robert De Niro.

I hope they go with a younger Harvey Dent, considering him and Bruce are good friends.

I really like the idea of the Rock playing Dent - well from his wrestling career he played both a heel and a face (good guy and bad guy)
so he knows a little about being a bad ass and a fan favorite.

I hope it's not an older Harvey at all. I hope they get an younger actor to play (or someone that looks young, like Depp.)

Can someone post some pictures of Guy Pierce?

NoFate007
I can't see The Rock playing Dent. Idk what everyone loves about him, I don't think he's that good of an actor - not even in his WWF days. Here's some Guy Pearce pics:

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/moviegraphs/Pearce%20Guy.jpg
http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/PEPH/GP2B1.jpg
http://www.thespiannet.com/actors/P/pearce_guy/gp.jpg
http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/guy-pearce/guy-pearce02.jpg
http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/guy-pearce/guy-pearce01.jpg

systemshock2
Is it just me or does Mel Gibson's character in "Man without a Face" bear a striking resemblance to Two-Face?

Harvey Dent
I can't see The Rock playing Dent. Idk what everyone loves about him, I don't think he's that good of an actor - not even in his WWF days. Here's some Guy Pearce pics:

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/moviegraphs/Pearce%20Guy.jpg
http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/PEPH/GP2B1.jpg
http://www.thespiannet.com/actors/P/pearce_guy/gp.jpg
http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/guy-pearce/guy-pearce02.jpg
http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/guy-pearce/guy-pearce01.jpg

I don't like how Guy looks - I think they should hire some american talent. Plus I don't see him having chemistry with Bale - somethig the Harvey Dent - Bruce Wayne characters should have with each other because they need to show them as buddies.

The Rock is very underestimated and I wouldn't suprised to see him nail the role of Harvey Dent.

1. He can play the buddy type of character very well - this would be importent in the next batman movie to set up the Bruce/Dent relationship. Plus the Rock can make chemistry with just about anyone.

2. He can play a bad-ass and he has the look of someone who could lose it - considering Harvey Dent has to totally lose his mind before becoming Two-Face.

Red Superfly
The Rock isn't taken seriously enough though. Critics are too quick to write him off, and his track record for making movies isn't exactly "sophisticated" like Bale, Caine, Freeman, Oldman and the others.

Personally, I used to watch WWF. I think he's great at doing the good guy/bad guy thing (and he always did it well) from his wrestling days. Then again, people will always write him off no matter how good he is BECAUSE he's an ex-wrestler, and there's always a burning resentment towards anyone that has used their fame in another field (especially one such as pro-wrestling) to gain leverage in the movie industry. That's just the way the world is.

And, to be honest, I'm dubious myself. I mean, The Rock is an outward actor. He's theatrical, and is rarely subtle in his mannerisms. He is over the top in a lot of what he does and I haven't seen him prove otherwise.

Two-Face needs a subtle actor who has grasp of extreme range. Hell if Christian Bale wasn't playing Batman I'd choose him for Two-Face.

What about Sean Bean? Yes, he is usually type-cast as the "traitor" in a lot of movies he is in. In many movies, he can play baddie/goodie. Take a look at Boromir in Lord Of The Rings, Alec Trevelyan (who even has a Two-Face-esque scar) in Goldeneye. He also worked with Bale before in Equilibrium, where he and Bale both had strong chemistry as colleagues forced into being enemies. I think he'd make a good Two-Face.

vvvrulz
Hey I never thought of that, Sean Bean would acutally be perfect, if not a little too familiar in this sort of role.

Perhaps a little too old for Harvey Dent's role too, but he'd pull off the acting required to take on this sort of part.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by Red Superfly
The Rock isn't taken seriously enough though. Critics are too quick to write him off, and his track record for making movies isn't exactly "sophisticated" like Bale, Caine, Freeman, Oldman and the others.

Personally, I used to watch WWF. I think he's great at doing the good guy/bad guy thing (and he always did it well) from his wrestling days. Then again, people will always write him off no matter how good he is BECAUSE he's an ex-wrestler, and there's always a burning resentment towards anyone that has used their fame in another field (especially one such as pro-wrestling) to gain leverage in the movie industry. That's just the way the world is.

And, to be honest, I'm dubious myself. I mean, The Rock is an outward actor. He's theatrical, and is rarely subtle in his mannerisms. He is over the top in a lot of what he does and I haven't seen him prove otherwise.

Two-Face needs a subtle actor who has grasp of extreme range. Hell if Christian Bale wasn't playing Batman I'd choose him for Two-Face.

What about Sean Bean? Yes, he is usually type-cast as the "traitor" in a lot of movies he is in. In many movies, he can play baddie/goodie. Take a look at Boromir in Lord Of The Rings, Alec Trevelyan (who even has a Two-Face-esque scar) in Goldeneye. He also worked with Bale before in Equilibrium, where he and Bale both had strong chemistry as colleagues forced into being enemies. I think he'd make a good Two-Face.

Well said. Yeah the Rock hasn't done a 'bad guy' role before so it might be hard to cast him.

Sean Bean is an interesting choice.

Myth
I don't like the Rock for the part. For one thing, the Rock as an actor will always have a hard time 'becoming' the character. What I mean by that is people (in the general public) will point at Bale in BB and say "That is Batman." If Rock plays Two-Face, they'll point to him and say "That is the Rock" or at best "That is the Rock as Two-Face." They will never point at the Rock and say "That is Two-Face."

I would love to see Pierce as Two-Face and Norton (or Glover) as Joker. Those three (Bale, Pierce, Norton) all star in similar type Indie movies and so I would say the chemistry WOULD be great. Pierce would have an in to since it is same director as Memento.

kanis
I'm not sure about two face but colin farrel reckons he can play the riddler but I can't see it happening, I could see Guy Pierce as two face he could do the sinister best mate thing pretty well.

starwars

Dark Thor
what if Keanu Reeves or Tom Cruise played him

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Dark Thor
what if Keanu Reeves or Tom Cruise played him

They would be the worst choices ever, I'm afraid. The reasons why they are bad choices are so obvious that I won't even bother explaining.

One thing I think they really need to get right is that mobster feel to him. He needs to come across as a mobster. Ray Liotta and at a push, Guy Pierce are the only ones mentioned who fit every requirement.

I found a picture of a mock-up of Two-Face who was based off of Denzel Washington, and seeing as he has played schizo roles before, seems like another good choice.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/dizzel/bermejo_dent_2.jpg

I personally would like to see Two-Face wearring the black-white suit from B:TAS. As a result, he'd be wearring a white suit for the "good side" and a black suit on the "bad". That's why I think it would be important for Harvey to have a darker skin tone, but make his scarred side the lighter (I'm thinking grey/washed out and leathery as opposed to a purple fleshy scar). Again, just like B:TAS because I think that was the best design of Two-Face I have seen yet.

I really hope they go for the black-white light/dark motif like the B:TAS as opposed to the Tommy Lee Jones version which was smart/tasteless and clean/freaky. Jones' Two Face was too cartoony and flamboyant, which is not what his character is about at all.

NoFate007
I doubt Nolan will make anything like Schumacher did

kanis
starwars We must have that nolan will do the right thing with the new batman movies like he did with gordon, the scarecrow, alfred and bale as bruce.

Mainstream
whoever plays 2 face must be a master at coin flipping.

kanis
starwars Not really it can just the way they film it, I mean as far as I knew Tommy lee jones wasn't a good coin flipper and he managed to sometimes land the coin so that the scratched side was facing upwards.

wuTa
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Jones' Two Face was too cartoony and flamboyant, which is not what his character is about at all.

you got that right, out of all the batman villians portrayed in the movies, with the exception of bane, two-face was the most misrepresented.....he didnt even have a split personalty....wtf??? he's ****in TWO-FACE!!!!

vvvrulz
Originally posted by wuTa
with the exception of bane, two-face was the most misrepresented.....

Oh I dunno, Mr Freeze was pretty bad too.

From a tortured scientist to a pun-throwing idiot....

Kieralinn
After seeing The Manchurian Candidate....I could totally see Liev Schreiber in the role.

http://www.giornalisti.it/binarioloco/archives/Manchurian_Candidate_BOTTOM.jpg

NoFate007
Wow, impressing cast choice...never saw the film but he looks the part, definitely.

Kieralinn
Wow, impressing cast choice...never saw the film but he looks the part, definitely.

Yeah...If I could cast it I would be screen testing Schreiber as Dent and Glover as Joker...that would be my dream cast for those parts.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by Kieralinn
After seeing The Manchurian Candidate....I could totally see Liev Schreiber in the role.

http://www.giornalisti.it/binarioloco/archives/Manchurian_Candidate_BOTTOM.jpg
Interesting Choice. My sig looks like it's an addition to that photo!

Harvey Dent

If you're going for looks..I'd say the Rock looks the most similar to Two-Face/Dent in the Animated series.

Harvey Dent
I also just realized how much Joel Schumacher screwed up the Two-Face character. When non hardcore batman fans who seen Forever think of two-face, they will think of the goofy looking moron that Tommey-Lee Jones played.

vvvrulz
Yeah its quite sad how they messed up his character for those who didn't have batman knowledge prior to watching forever.

NoFate007
True Batman fans won't though, we're the ones that will point out how bad Forever portrayed him. TLJ is a great actor...however...a horrible Dent.

sevenman
Why would Harvey Dent even consider Timberlake as Two-Face? Tommy Lee Jones is damn ****ing perfect for the role. I am going to kill Joel Schumacher.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by sevenman
Why would Harvey Dent even consider Timberlake as Two-Face? Tommy Lee Jones is damn ****ing perfect for the role. I am going to kill Joel Schumacher.

I'm not. I'm just refering to a rumor that was posted online.

Tommy Lee wouldn't be ****ing perfect now, because he's way too old for the role.

NoFate007
I like TLJ but I dont' think he would be good for Two-Face. I think he's too....not that he's too comedic now...but he hasn't really done a 100% serious role in a while that has given him credit. He's slowly becoming a C-actor, like Bill Murray has unfortunately become.

sevenman
He was not old when BATMAN FOREVER came out and I was refering to him being ****ing perfect back in the day 1995.

Tommy Lee Jones needs a good role. Such a waste of him. Bill Murray is ****ing old and retarded. He should have done GHOST BUSTERS 3 instead of that movie where this ****** trying to be a white blood cell fights a virus in a bum.

Harvey Dent
I like TLJ but I dont' think he would be good for Two-Face. I think he's too....not that he's too comedic now...but he hasn't really done a 100% serious role in a while that has given him credit. He's slowly becoming a C-actor, like Bill Murray has unfortunately become.

Um Bill Murray film career is at it's best right now. hello? Academy Award Nomination?! Broken Flowers just came out and it got very good reviews. He could get another oscar nomination with that role.

If you think he's C-list then you are dumb as a rock.

sevenman
Bill Murray should do GHOST BUSTERS 3.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by sevenman
Bill Murray should do GHOST BUSTERS 3.

I think he's a little too old for the part now..so are the other guys like Harold Ramis and Dan Akroyd.

sevenman
Bill Murray IS Dr. Peter Venkman.

Punkyhermy
Jude Law definately looks the part!wink

NoFate007
Horatio Sanz.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................jk

RogerRamjet
Clive Owen or Benicio Del Torro...

wuTa
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
Jude Law definately looks the part!wink

what are you smoking? smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.