What Batman Comic should I get first

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarecrow756
Listen guys I just started getting into Batman, could you advise me what comic I should get. I have already go Batman: Greatest stories ever told. Which is basicully Batman through the ages how he has changed. Please could you help me out.

Joker1237
mmm.

No MAn's LAnd. its now a 4 book series or so.

Broken Bat, 3 book series now. (Were they take the comic storys and put em in book format)

IF you can, find the Killing Joke. great comic.

OTher one to find is A Death in the family.

The greatnes Joker stories ever told. I have that.

and any other book. I try to get them in book format than I do in comic most often, because I have the whole story at my finger tips, and dont have to wait for the next issue. Still collected comics, but I never read em, Same them, Steal them in some dark cave for 50 years or so.

And get the books.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Listen guys I just started getting into Batman, could you advise me what comic I should get. I have already go Batman: Greatest stories ever told. Which is basicully Batman through the ages how he has changed. Please could you help me out.

If you get into the monthly comic issues start with Legends of the Dark Knigth. Then go for the Batman regular series. Personally Detective Comics is the best of them all and is a personal favorite.

Mainstream
Originally posted by WindDancer
If you get into the monthly comic issues start with Legends of the Dark Knigth. Then go for the Batman regular series. Personally Detective Comics is the best of them all and is a personal favorite.

isn't Detective Comics the first bat book and oldest too?

tpaquin
http://www.lapdonline.org/get_involved/stolen_art/files/collectibles/comics/det_batman.jpg

This one. Good luck finding it.

Mainstream
Originally posted by tpaquin
http://www.lapdonline.org/get_involved/stolen_art/files/collectibles/comics/det_batman.jpg

This one. Good luck finding it.

I heard it hard to find and expense....I think I'll pass on looking for it.

Scarecrow756
I do also have a monthly comic book called Batman Legends it is I think part four of the scarebeast. And I also have a Batman Detective comic where Batman faces of against Ra Al Gaul.

Scarecrow756
Is Scarecrow tales worth getting, it is basically got all the best stories of the Scarecrow.

Mainstream
Is Scarecrow tales worth getting, it is basically got all the best stories of the Scarecrow.

I love Scarecrow...and clayface

Scarecrow756
My favourite Batman villan is Joker. I hope he is going to be played by a decent actor in the next Batman movie.

Joker1237
I did like that Joker Scarcrow team up in Broken Bat, I think they should have waited for 1 or 2 more villians to get there turns at Batman, before they went after Bats.

I collect comics to keep em. like I said, for reading, get the books.

Mainstream
My favourite Batman villan is Joker. I hope he is going to be played by a decent actor in the next Batman movie.

you realize the irony in that. your user name is Scarecrow756
but your fav villian is the Joker secret

Scarecrow756
Well Scarecrow is another one of my favourite Batman villans.

Scarecrow756
I have started a thread on what do people think Scarecrow role is going to be like in the next Batman movie.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Mainstream
isn't Detective Comics the first bat book and oldest too?

yes

I like the stories in Detective Comics better.

Joker1237
I have read the FIRST comic, not of couse out of say, mmm, in a comic.

But I got it in a big book called Batman vol 1, and his first story(And orgin story some pages later,) are there.

Blair Wind
I personally like War Games...but thats just me

Mainstream
Peep this I likes Dark Victory cuz in dat joint Dick Grayson become Robin...Batman little homie..and he be ..and he..peep this "he become mo dan just'a boy..he become a boy wonder..ya feel me..wickedph

OtterVomit
Why not start with Year One?

Mainstream
that's good too yo...Dark Returns was great as well.

sevenman
Subcribe to Detective Comics or regular Batman comics.

Originally posted by Joker1237
I did like that Joker Scarcrow team up in Broken Bat, I think they should have waited for 1 or 2 more villians to get there turns at Batman, before they went after Bats.

I collect comics to keep em. like I said, for reading, get the books. That is why I like Japanese manga better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.