Namor V's Taskmaster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
http://users.cwnet.com/xephyr/MICROS/GIFS/SA_SubMariner8.gifhttp://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/ennemis/taskmaster-currentuniform2.gif

Obviously Namor has a vast power advantage... but Taskmaster is an uber-skilled fighter and carries an array of weaponry which includes......

.45, Billy Club, Bow & Arrows, Claws (Energy), Dagger, Image Inducer, Magnesium Flare, Rope, Shield (Energy), Samurai Sword, Web-Shooter, Web-Shooter (Energy)
http://www.taskmastersite.com/TaskmasterSite.htm

and usually a couple of extra guns and maybe a small amount of explosives

Taskmaster has been hired to take down Namor when he appears at the UN
There will be no outside interference
Namor will be unarmed

he was only hired the day before ... so no rediculous prep

Scoobless
bumba doodle doo

Scoobless
what happened to the "RESPEK NAMOR" crew?

long pig
Wolverine wins...wait...

Nah, Tasky doesn't have the durability or stamina to hang in a h2h fight.

He is much cooler than I ever thought though.

Taskmaster RESPEK thread possibly??

Nataku8188
Taskmaster wouldn't take the job. He's not stupid.

long pig
Slade would take the job though....evil face
He took one against Superman, one shot with that promethium/kryptonite bullet woulda ended ol' Sups.

Scoobless
he did make a fool of Iron Man though
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/news/images/0201/task001016_150c.jpg
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/news/images/0201/task001017_150c.jpg
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/news/images/0201/task001018_150c.jpg

Nataku8188
I've read every TM comic. He makes everyone look stupid, it's awesome. Except when he fights DD, he always ends up looking retarded when he fights DD...

DarkCrawler
I really doubt that there is anything in Taskmaster's arsenal that can hurt Namor. Namor is faster and stronger then he is. Unlike Iron Man, Namor can also react faster then he can. Namor wins.

But Taskmaster is B-A-D-A-S-S.

Nataku8188
Namor isn't faster than TM. I'd say they are about equal. Don't forget, TM can double his speed for short bursts at any time he wants. Catch bullets and such with ease.

long pig
I like the art alot.
I got his mini, him up on that mountain was awesome.

Scoob, go make a Tasky RESPEK thread and post those pics.

Most people only know of Task as the way he was 10 years ago.

How strong is he? How powerful is his healing?

Nataku8188
Hes peak human everything, but he can mimic speeds he watches, although it puts great strain on his body. Currently the fastest he's shown to be able to go is 2x human speed for a short fight before he becomes exhausted.

long pig
Cool.
But like, could he mimic the speed of someone who is super fast like Spiderman or someone with godlike speed like Thor?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Hes peak human everything, but he can mimic speeds he watches, although it puts great strain on his body. Currently the fastest he's shown to be able to go is 2x human speed for a short fight before he becomes exhausted.

although... to be fair when he said that he had lost some blood as he'd just been shot

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
Cool.
But like, could he mimic the speed of someone who is super fast like Spiderman or someone with godlike speed like Thor?

unsure... he only recently realised he could go double human speed when he watched his martial arts DVDs at 2X speed.... it's conceivable that he could go at 4 x human.... but it'd wear him out very very quickly

long pig
It'd be sweet if he got an extra weapon X treatment that gave him super healing/endurance like Deadpool.
Hell, maybe some adamantium.

Then he'd own Wolverine all day.

yahman
When i first saw Task master i though Marvel was trying to immate Skeletor. How wrong could i be. this guy is a total badass. How did he get his powers? Imagine if he had a power up of somesort. He would then kick some serious ass. cool

Scoobless
Originally posted by yahman
When i first saw Task master i though Marvel was trying to immate Skeletor. How wrong could i be. this guy is a total badass. How did he get his powers? Imagine if he had a power up of somesort. He would then kick some serious ass. cool

they aren't "powers" as such.... he has (what he calls) "photographic reflexes" which means he can do anything he sees someone else do... plus he has a photographic memory and can imitate voices..... he was born like that... but he isn't a mutant

DarkCrawler
He really doesn't have powers. He has photographic memory. Real people in real world have it sometimes.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
He really doesn't have powers. He has photographic memory. Real people in real world have it sometimes.

You mean photographic reflexes. It's the same principle, just with body movements.

And conceivably he could mimic the speed of the flash, it would probably just shatter his legs and collapse his lungs.

DarkCrawler
Namor isn't faster than TM. I'd say they are about equal. Don't forget, TM can double his speed for short bursts at any time he wants. Catch bullets and such with ease.

Equal, then, although I think that Namor is more then 2x faster then normal human. That speed wouldn't be any use to him, anyway...he hits Namor with 2x speed...breaks his hand...Namor does the same...Taskmaster's head goes flying.

yahman

I might be wrong here but im pretty sure that i learnt thats some phychology experiment proved that people cannot have a photographic memory. I might be wrong though. Even if they did, i doubt they could become as hard as bruce lee by watching him?

Wanderer259
Right. He can mimic any movement he wants. Any movement. It's just whether or not his body can handle the strain. If he kept up the 2x speed for very long, he would've shattered his bones.

Photographic reflexes, not memory, although Tasky has that too.

DarkCrawler
You mean photographic reflexes. It's the same principle, just with body movements.

And conceivably he could mimic the speed of the flash, it would probably just shatter his legs and collapse his lungs.

Seriously? I have downloaded Taskmaster issues, and I think it's pretty cool that he was able to mimic the sped-up moves, but Flash's speed...

So, he can mimic things like shooting with guns? If he would watch Bullseye, could he do similar things?

Scoobless
Equal, then, although I think that Namor is more then 2x faster then normal human. That speed wouldn't be any use to him, anyway...he hits Namor with 2x speed...breaks his hand...Namor does the same...Taskmaster's head goes flying.

except Tasky would hit with a duplicate of the photonic shield Cap used to b!tch slap the Rhino.... that would hurt even Namor... or he could jam his sword down Fishboy's mouth

DarkCrawler
No, not really, but with right training, I suppose that they would learn things faster then normal humans? But they can read page one time and remember it. Stuff like that.

Scoobless
Seriously? I have downloaded Taskmaster issues, and I think it's pretty cool that he was able to mimic the sped-up moves, but Flash's speed...

So, he can mimic things like shooting with guns? If he would watch Bullseye, could he do similar things?

here's a few of the guys fighting styles and abilities he has under his belt

"Known Fighting Styles: Ant-Man II, Batman (DC), Batroc, Black Widow, Boomerang, Bushwacker, Blacklash, Black Knight III, Black Panther, Captain America I, Captain Marvel III, Conquest, Daredevil, Deadpool, Elektra, Falcon, Fatale, Firestar, Hawkeye I, Huntress (DC), Iron Fist I, Justice, Libra (DC), Machete, Oddball, Puma, Punisher, Razorfist, Shockwave, Silverclaw, Spider-man I, Shatterhead, Swordsman I, Tigra, Tumbler, USAgent, Warbird, Whiplash II, Wolverine, and Zaran"

plus this

Known Abilities: Photographic Reflexes, which enables him to mimic the skills of those he watches and studies in person or on TV, Photographic Memeory, Voice Impersenation.

and he spends a lot of time watching martial arts films

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Scoobless
except Tasky would hit with a duplicate of the photonic shield Cap used to b!tch slap the Rhino.... that would hurt even Namor... or he could jam his sword down Fishboy's mouth

And what if Namor would grab his hand and break the sword? Or grab the sword and slice him to pieces with it? Namor is master swordsman with dozens of years of experience, he might prove to be better then Taskmaster. And the shield COULD hurt Namor, but not KO him. And if Namor is fast enough to dodge hits from orginal owners of the skills, he probably can dodge them from the copycat.

DarkCrawler
here's a few of the guys fighting styles and abilities he has under his belt

"Known Fighting Styles: Ant-Man II, Batman (DC), Batroc, Black Widow, Boomerang, Bushwacker, Blacklash, Black Knight III, Black Panther, Captain America I, Captain Marvel III, Conquest, Daredevil, Deadpool, Elektra, Falcon, Fatale, Firestar, Hawkeye I, Huntress (DC), Iron Fist I, Justice, Libra (DC), Machete, Oddball, Puma, Punisher, Razorfist, Shockwave, Silverclaw, Spider-man I, Shatterhead, Swordsman I, Tigra, Tumbler, USAgent, Warbird, Whiplash II, Wolverine, and Zaran"

plus this

Known Abilities: Photographic Reflexes, which enables him to mimic the skills of those he watches and studies in person or on TV, Photographic Memeory, Voice Impersenation.

and he spends a lot of time watching martial arts films

So he's basically the best martial artist on earth?

Nataku8188
So he's basically the best martial artist on earth?

No, he's every martial artist on earth.

And before, I know he can't beat Namor, I'm saying if he prepared himself he could easily outspeed Namor, for how long though, that's a good question. Maybe minutes, maybe seconds. Not like it would make a difference.

DarkCrawler
No, he's every martial artist on earth.

laughing out loud Good shot.

Scoobless
i dunno... if cap can take down the Rhino with that shield... then TM, with about equal strength/skill but hitting twice as fast could potentially KO Namor... especially with repeated hits

DarkCrawler
i dunno... if cap can take down the Rhino with that shield... then TM, with about equal strength/skill but hitting twice as fast could potentially KO Namor... especially with repeated hits

But Namor is probably faster then he is. He could dodge it. I think Namor fresh from water is more durable then Rhino. After all, he took miniature nuclear bomb to face and was only minorly stunned.

Scoobless
Namor's fighting speed has never really seemed that impressive.... Cap has taken him down ..... i think TM stands a decent chance as well

DarkCrawler
Namor's fighting speed has never really seemed that impressive.... Cap has taken him down ..... i think TM stands a decent chance as well

He has dodged attacks coming at him with sound of speed...name the issue wher Cap took him down?

Scoobless
He has dodged attacks coming at him with sound of speed...name the issue wher Cap took him down?

i don't have it... but everyone was talking about it a while ago... i don't buy Cap's own title

DarkCrawler
i don't have it... but everyone was talking about it a while ago... i don't buy Cap's own title

Well, only Issue I have with Cap and Namor fighting is The Order where Namor is basically kicking his ass.

jinzin
cap took him down with pressure points.... arghhh (goes hunting for pics)

anyways..as far as taskmaster wearing down when he tried the x2 human speed thing...we have to consider he had just been shot, he had just fought his way through hordes of henchmen...and he had just been brutally tortured the night before to the point where his captures had thought they had killed him...it's concievable that at peak performance he would have lasted a great deal longer with ease...

also anyone remember the avengers issue where tasky was systematically running through a bunch of heroes and managed to humiliate even captain marvel for a while....good stuff..

Scoobless
Originally posted by jinzin
also anyone remember the avengers issue where tasky was systematically running through a bunch of heroes and managed to humiliate even captain marvel for a while....good stuff..

yeah.. it was Warbird, Antman, Marvel and that shapeshifting chick....SilverClaw....... he made them all look like amateurs until Rick used his head and changed from Marvel to Jones mid fight.... which shocked him and gave them an opening... he still beat the crap out of them and escaped though

http://www.plexico.net/avengers/covers/avs26.jpg

(Cap is actually Taskmaster in disguise)

Nataku8188
Nice cover there scoobie.

jinzin
"(Cap is actually Taskmaster in disguise)"

laughing out loud

ohhhhhhhh that explains EVERYTHING....

when caps done doing the boyscout act at the end of the day he goes murauding around has tm...lol.

Scoobless
"(Cap is actually Taskmaster in disguise)"

laughing out loud

ohhhhhhhh that explains EVERYTHING....

when caps done doing the boyscout act at the end of the day he goes murauding around has tm...lol.

didn't you know?

har de har har... in that issue "Cap" was really TM.......(just to clear it up for the Wolverine fanboys who may wander in here)

jinzin
what does that have to do with wolvie fanboys? confused

Scoobless
what does that have to do with wolvie fanboys? confused

they are easily confused.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
ooooooooook.

Scoobless
see?

cherry cola
NAMOR may be stronger and faster but I think the taskmaster could confuse him with the changing of styles with every attack. i'm pretty sure that he could also use pressure point attacks. in the end i think it is conceivable to believe Taskmaster beating Sub-Mariner

Scoobless
you're darn tootin' it's conceivable..... big grin

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by cherry cola
NAMOR may be stronger and faster but I think the taskmaster could confuse him with the changing of styles with every attack. i'm pretty sure that he could also use pressure point attacks. in the end i think it is conceivable to believe Taskmaster beating Sub-Mariner

One hit from Namor can end Taskmaster's life if this in is bloodlust. I don't think he can use pressure points when he is unleashing flurry of Class 100 punches at him.

CorderaMitchell
bumba doodle doo

What the hell is a V's. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
What the hell is a V's. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

.............................................................. ........................................................................... .................................................................................................................................. .............................................................................. ........................................................................................................................................ ........................................................................ ...................................... ................................................ ........................................... ............................................................. ...................................................... ..................... ............................ .......................... ............................................ ............................................. ........................................................ ................................. ...................................................... ................................................................................................ i hate you ....... .................... ................................................................................... ....................................................... ............................................................. ......................... ................................................................. .................................... ...................................... .................................................... ........

smokin'

jinzin
see?

not cool......not cool.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.