Over There

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dagons Blade
Anyone see the premeire of this show tonight on FX? It was great!

The show is about a unit of 20-something age U.S Army soldiers trying to survive their first week in Iraq. And the graphic violence is off the wall for a TV show, but this serves it's purpose because it shows that war isn't some romantic sport like they played it out to be in the old John Wayne and Robert Mitchum films. As far as the violence goes, I consider it to be Private Ryan light. For those of you who remember the old CBS show "Tour Of Duty" you will be familiar with the basics.

Thomas H
Cant wait for the DVD realse, look pretty good!"

forumcrew
i did, think i missed the second episode though

Solo
I've seen episodes 1 & 2 and I like where it's going so far.

Dagons Blade
Yeah this is a great series. It does for the Iraq war what Band Of Brothers did for the WW2 Airborne outfits. There again, it has more in common with Tour Of Duty because imo 2005 is 1969 all over agian and the Iraq war is ther new Vietnam. No intended similarities but somehow there's always a tie in somewhere.

vagaryatwill
I've been watching. I like it a lot so far. Last week's episode was really impressive. It's a pretty hard core series. Can't wait for tonight.

crystaldawn
Me and my husband has watched it and personally I like it but it makes me tear up sometimes cause my own husband is in the armed forces. He is in the reserves right now but about to go to active duty

Thomas H
Its a shame this show has been cancled!sad

forumcrew
well it wasnt actually cancelled, it wasnt picked up for a second season, theres a slight difference between the 2. It still sucks though because the show was great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.