Sarumans death book or movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GGgrievous725
in the movie saruman is attacked by wormtongue in his tower and wormtongue is killed for killing the evil wizard by legolas but in the book saruman has enslaved the hobbits and when frodo and the other hobbits find saruman there ticked wormtongue stabs him gets killed by hobbits what version did you prefer

DanielLB
You really should have put that into sentences beacuse it didn't make that much sense. I prefer the book version of Sarumans' and Grimas' death. Although the film version was very good i feel that the books version just gave more depth to the book and made it more exciting as Saruman had taken over the Hobbits homeland.

The question may have also been better if you had said, if you could change the book would you rather have the films version of Sarumans death or keep the book version; as don't forget the film didnt have the Scouring of the Shire and therefore didn't need to see the two in Hobbiton.

ladygrim
i'd too say the boks version

belbel300
i like da books version too

ladygrim
stick out tongue

belbel300
but the film's still good

Elessea
What is up with all of these: "Is this better then that" threads...there have been a million of them showing up lately...and they're not even intelligent discussion, the majority of them are arguments, or just..I like this. Yeah, me too. -sigh- messed

belbel300
well, if in life, there was more interesting things to talk about, I'm sure we would talk about them, but there isn't sooooo...........

Avathar
Yeah, in life itself you could discuss about life itself... or that Hobbits are worshipping cheese above god...

But about the ending in the movie: for the movie its better to avoid all the crap about Saruman invading the Shire. It's good(the extended one at least)

Morlow
I'm all about the book too. I didn't like a lot of what they changed for the movies but they are still my favorite movies. Just goes to show you how much I would've liked them if they were all 5 hours long and followed the book. stick out tongue

Mr. Bacon
book version, they shouldve put the scouring of the shire in the extended edition, it was such a big part of the book

billyboyd4ever
I definitely prefer the book version...especially since I loved The Scouring of the Shire, but I see why it was necessary to change it.

Bar-en-Danwedh
i like both...

i think what they did for the film was what was best for the film.

having Christopher Lee reduced to bullying hobbits wouldn't work for me...

and they would have had to get an even taller human stand in.

Mandos
Originally posted by Elessea
What is up with all of these: "Is this better then that" threads...there have been a million of them showing up lately...and they're not even intelligent discussion, the majority of them are arguments, or just..I like this. Yeah, me too. -sigh- messed

Noobs... We've been there, Elessea, done that. Besides, is there anymore good subjects for discussion. We got them all.

fini
ALthough I'm not to disappointed that Scouring of the Shire wasn't in the movie, I rather Saruman's end in the book.

hmmm, You people want an intelligetn dicussion? I can get some. Lol we'll bring SB and Exa for these.

Mandos
The way Sarumane and Grim died was however kept a little in the movie.
Sarumane gets murdured by a desperate Grim, and Wormtongue gets shot down by an arrow. There was just no place to put the hobbit's story at the end of the book RotK and transpose it into the movie.

fini
yep

shaber
The scouring of the shire shows the epic devolution of Saruman and Wormtongue, rulers of Isenguard and Rohan, down to Sharkey and Worm, bosses of the more humble Shire.

DarthLazious
Either way is fine with me but I love the movie vision more.

unnamednewbie13
Saruman/Grima's deaths in the ROTK extended film made sense for the film because it added an acceptable closure to the lives of those two villains whereas it was not previously possible, due to the lack of the Scouring of the Shire in said film. Of course, I'm definately not alone among the Tolkien fans who wished that Jackson had decided to film the Scouring. I'm of the opinion that he needn't have worried about enlongating the film, because the damn thing was already epic in length, and made more so by the release of the extended feature. What difference would ten more minutes have made?

As to my opinion of which versions of Saruman/Grima's deaths I enjoyed more, it was definately the book's. Added some spine to the hobbits, which I think were wimpied a bit much in these new movies (i.e., Arwen having to save Frodo's ass). However, I still think they're good, and still watch them.

big gay kirk
The Scouring of the Shire is of course the most important part of the book.... it is only then that the evil of the War of the Ring is brought home to Frodo et al.... we see the fall of Saruman, and his rejection from heaven, and we see for the first time that the War was not "good versus evil" but magic versus modern.... evil has not, and will never be vanquished.... now it just comes in different, more familiar forms.... there is no more dark lord, just the darkness that is in anyone (remember, a lot of hobbits are on Sharkey's side...) and there are no more elves and Wizards to protect us... even the heroes are settling down... so, to answer the question, I much prefer the books dealings with Saruman's end... and in my opinion, the altering of that part for the film made a mockery of the whole exercise....

DarkC
Originally posted by GGgrievous725
in the movie saruman is attacked by wormtongue in his tower and wormtongue is killed for killing the evil wizard by legolas but in the book saruman has enslaved the hobbits and when frodo and the other hobbits find saruman there ticked wormtongue stabs him gets killed by hobbits what version did you prefer
That was in the movie? blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.