Who has Phoenix ever beaten?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
A few heralds, The phoenix force has never beaten Galactus or a Celestial. Anyone got evidence it has?

CorderaMitchell
GS posted that match, I can't remember where though.

whirlysplat
Yes but Phoenix never won, Galactus said he would beat Phoenix to given timebig grin It was a stalemate

whirlysplat
0 big grin

willRules
The strange thing is for all its Godlike power it got beaten by the X-men. I think that this is because essentially deep down the Phoenix is still the very caring, very human Jean Grey.

Sorry for gettin a melodramatic but thats my opinion...........

Pointinel
^nice opinion.

whirlysplat
So it looks like I was right and the answer is no onebig grin

CorderaMitchell
Was that the ONLY fight though?

whirlysplat
Never fought a full power Galactus, Rachael Summers as DP stalled the big G. She never beat him, he was hungry thenbig grin

Cosmic Flame
He's always hungry, so that doesn't say much. And the fact that a teenager stalled a several billion year old entity says a great deal about the power that she wields.

CorderaMitchell
Indeed.

whirlysplat
He has never been beaten thoughbig grin by the Phoenix

whirlysplat
Re: Re: This really shows nothing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Thats not all i posted as you and all posters who have read this thread know. I've told you what the pic is about old chap. If you dont believe me ask one of the numerous other members who have read Xmen forever. As it stands im quite content with how people feel about Phoenix on this forum. Ive enlightened those whose opinions i care for. You dont factor highly enough in my priorities.

So thats no proof then

thought so

Keep the faith

Stay Whirly

stresseeeeeee

radioboy121
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Never fought a full power Galactus, Rachael Summers as DP stalled the big G. She never beat him, he was hungry thenbig grin

I believe the exact issue is Excalibur 61. Although it was Rachael's body, it was actually the Phoenix in control. Previously, Rachael had a big encounter with Necrom w/ Anti-Phoenix and defeated him by overloading him with her own Phoenix power. However, this left her comatose and even the Phoenix entity could not help her out of it.

In the specified issue, Phoenix confronted Galactus when he was prepping himself to devour a planet and attacked him. Although Galactus did eventually fall down, he was not exactly out of the count and merely lectured Phoenix on her false bravado of her humane purpose (she found out her source of power leeches off of life "yet unborn"wink. I also agree that this wasn't a clearcut win as in the next panel he was already up and ready for his feast and "appeared" to be unphased by the encounter (at least to the point of not licking his battle scars). But then again, Galactus doesn't behave like your norm. character (remember how he levitated his fallen body and rotated himself in Secret Wars after being kicked out by Beyonder?).

whirlysplat
Originally posted by radioboy121
I believe the exact issue is Excalibur 61. Although it was Rachael's body, it was actually the Phoenix in control. Previously, Rachael had a big encounter with Necrom w/ Anti-Phoenix and defeated him by overloading him with her own Phoenix power. However, this left her comatose and even the Phoenix entity could not help her out of it.

In the specified issue, Phoenix confronted Galactus when he was prepping himself to devour a planet and attacked him. Although Galactus did eventually fall down, he was not exactly out of the count and merely lectured Phoenix on her false bravado of her humane purpose (she found out her source of power leeches off of life "yet unborn"wink. I also agree that this wasn't a clearcut win as in the next panel he was already up and ready for his feast and "appeared" to be unphased by the encounter (at least to the point of not licking his battle scars).

Yup thats how I rad it as well Radioboybig grin

whirlysplat
Originally posted by radioboy121

In the specified issue, Phoenix confronted Galactus when he was prepping himself to devour a planet and attacked him. Although Galactus did eventually fall down, he was not exactly out of the count and merely lectured Phoenix on her false bravado of her humane purpose (she found out her source of power leeches off of life "yet unborn"wink. I also agree that this wasn't a clearcut win as in the next panel he was already up and ready for his feast and "appeared" to be unphased by the encounter (at least to the point of not licking his battle scars). But then again, Galactus doesn't behave like your norm. character (remember how he levitated his fallen body and rotated himself in Secret Wars after being kicked out by Beyonder?).

The answer is Phoenix has beaten no onebig grin

b-dan
thats messed up you think she would of with all her power

whirlysplat
Originally posted by b-dan
thats messed up you think she would of with all her power

But is she really all that?

big grin Answers please people laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
But is she really all that?

big grin Answers please people laughing out loud

Well actually as well as being stated to be responsible for making the multiverse(a feat alone which places her well above the likes of Galactus) in F4 and Xmen The End. Phoenix contained the power of the multiversal reset switch that is the M'kraan crystal. A feat that Gambit and the X-ternals #3 stated was beyond all but Phoenix. Xmen Forever also showed that the power of Phoenix is something all humanity would eventually attain. It is the ultimate mutation as stated in the comic, a state which when reached by humanity places them above the abstracts and the Living tribunal who all get replaced. It is the end of all that is in the natural scheme of things. Eternity in that series talked of the importance of Phoenix and declared it the resurrection force the "assurance of life after death". The force that creayes everything, is one with everything and eventually destroys everything before beginning the process anew.

Phoenix has fought Galactus on 2 occassions and came out the better in both encounters.

The first occassion was in a what if called What If Phoenix rose again. In it instead of killing herself Jean Grey allowed the Shi'ar to perform a psychic lobotomy on herself removing all parts of her brain which were responsible for her psionic powers. Jean Grey fought against Galactus after the Shi'ar asked for the Xmens aid in defeating the planet eater. Jean Grey had up to that point been powerless after the surgery but as Cyclops was about to be killed by Terrax, her phoenix power emerged again. She quickly dispatched Terrax and then went on to fight Galactus and she stated that because of the lobotomy her powers were at that point relatively limited to the point where she wasnt sure if she could beat Galactus, however she said that her powers increased along a geometric curve every time she used them. Galactus and Phoenix fought and Phoenix got the better of him. While his efforts were shrugged off Phoenix caused him pain. He then tried to forge an alliance with Phoenix claiming them to be equals. Bear in mind that this was a limited Phoenix yet in this state her power equalled Galactus at that point. She went on to destroy his machinery and Galactus left the planet for an easier meal claiming that he couldnt be bothered with the effort and that had he stayed he could eventually dispatch Phoenix. A limited Phoenix versus a hungry Galactus and Phoenix clearly got the better of him and caused him to abandon his meal. Phoenix went on to continue using her power in missions and as she said it increased to its previous levels. She went on to revert to Dark Phoenix and after killing the Xmen went on to destroy the universe "destroying everything in her path". At that point Galactus obviously became a non factor.

In their second encounter which occurred in Excalibur #61 Phoenix fought Galactus again because he was about to consume a planet. The two fought and while Galactus' blasts had no effect Phoenixes blasts hit home and Galactus was leaking energy from his armour Phoenix was fine and Galactus talked his way out of the fight by telling Phoenix that she's just as bad as him if not worse because he may eat planets but she draws energy from future generations "life yet born":

"""Here i lie exhausted from our struggle while you are neither weary nor hungry because you tap into a source of near limitless potential. The sea of life yet born""

Galactus may not have been at full power during this encounter but even so his efforts had no effect on phoenix and what you must remember is that even if he was Galactus' energy source is finite while he burns up his energies and would eventually tire and run out of power, Phoenix could keep on going and be just fine at the end of it as shown by Galactus' comments here. If the battle continued it is fair to assume that Galactus would have been destroyed.

So Phoenix has defeated Firelord, Nova and Terrax, is shown in Xmen Forever to be greater in power than even The Living Tribunal, contained the multiversal power of the M'kraan crystal, joint the universes of the multiverse together by projecting a doorway through the multiverse(As shown in Excalibur) is stated to be the beginning and end of the multiverse and has held the 616 universe in her hand and telekinetically restructured it after having amputated an undesirable future. Phoenix hasnt fought a lot of people but her feats place her at the top end of the hierarchy.

For any extra information check out Classic Xmen 8, 24, and 43,
Gambit and the Xternals 3, Uncanny Xmen 101 -137, Xmen Forever 1 to 6, New Xmen 128, 151 to 154 and Phoenix Endsong.

hoorayforpeepee
that was retcon phoenix, anyhow.

whirlysplat
So thats no one that Phoenix has beaten above herald level despite the long post GS, thought so big grin

GalacticStorm
So thats no one that Phoenix has beaten above herald level despite the long post GS, thought so big grin

lol nope what ive showed is some of the feats Phoenix has achieved in the comics which place her well beyond the likes of Galactus. The fact that its stated by Eternity in Xmen Forever and even in F4 this year that Phoenix is responsible for the creation of the multiverse i think that should be enough for you Whirly.

whirlysplat
lol nope what ive showed is some of the feats Phoenix has achieved in the comics which place her well beyond the likes of Galactus. The fact that its stated by Eternity in Xmen Forever and even in F4 this year that Phoenix is responsible for the creation of the multiverse i think that should be enough for you Whirly.

Mo God is responsible for the creation of the multiverse even in Marvelsmile

Read Thor 330-331 with the crusader big grin

GalacticStorm
Mo God is responsible for the creation of the multiverse even in Marvelsmile

Read Thor 330-331 with the crusader big grin

Phoenix is the union between those who have reached the stage of ultimate mutation and the primal force of creation. Together they become Phoenix. In current continuity Phoenix is the force responsible for the cycle of creation, it makes the multiverse, maintains it before destroying it. Xmen Forever talks about this, as did F4 just a few short months ago, as well as Xmen the end which talks about how Phoenix is the force responsible for jumpstarting creation and is the force that ends it. Phoenix is many a time referred to in most of its appearnces as the sum and substance of all life. Phoenix is clearly above a mere planet eater. When Galactus exists beyond creation and is shown on panel to hold a universe in his hand then maybe i'll reconsider but until then you know im right. You have read either Xmen Forever or Xmen the end. I suggest you do.

whirlysplat
Phoenix is the union between those who have reached the stage of ultimate mutation and the primal force of creation. Together they become Phoenix. In current continuity Phoenix is the force responsible for the cycle of creation, it makes the multiverse, maintains it before destroying it. Xmen Forever talks about this, as did F4 just a few short months ago, as well as Xmen the end which talks about how Phoenix is the force responsible for jumpstarting creation and is the force that ends it. Phoenix is many a time referred to in most of its appearnces as the sum and substance of all life. Phoenix is clearly above a mere planet eater. When Galactus exists beyond creation and is shown on panel to hold a universe in his hand then maybe i'll reconsider but until then you know im right. You have read either Xmen Forever or Xmen the end. I suggest you do.

Galactus wins big grin

GalacticStorm
Galactus wins big grin

Come on now wink

whirlysplat
Fishy laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
Fishy laughing out loud

confused

GalacticStorm
You're so weird. laughing

GalacticStorm
But i still love ya in a macho brotherly kinda way. big grin

whirlysplat
But i still love ya in a macho brotherly kinda way. big grin

smile

whirlysplat
Galactus winssmile

Maestro
Galactic, would you say Phoenix could take on the whole celestial race, just want your opinion on this.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Maestro
Galactic, would you say Phoenix could take on the whole celestial race, just want your opinion on this.
Yes I would also be interested in your answer to this question GS big grin

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Maestro

Well Phoenix is beyond the celestials just like eternity is. Phoenix creates eternity as eternity admits in the Xmen forever mini and phoenix is the force that is his natural end. At the end of the Here Comes Tomorrow story arc Jean holds the 616 universe in the palm of her hand and telekinetically restructures it after amputating a future timeline. Now what do you think Maestro?

whirlysplat
Well Phoenix is beyond the celestials just like eternity is. Phoenix creates eternity as eternity admits in the Xmen forever mini and phoenix is the force that is his natural end. At the end of the Here Comes Tomorrow story arc Jean holds the 616 universe in the palm of her hand and telekinetically restructures it after amputating a future timeline. Now what do you think Maestro?

So you think Phoenix will beat all the Celestials roll eyes (sarcastic)

So tell me what this picture shows again shifty

GalacticStorm
Ceelestials are just little universal entities which are the servants of the abstracts as eternity said in Xmen forever. The Ceelestials were created for the sole purpose of sowing genetic potential in early lifeforms order to create humanity, more specifically mutants. Omega (the last) mutants are the fruition of the abstracts work. They are those closest to achieving the point of ultimate mutation that is phoenix. It is a stage all humanity will eventually reach. All humanity will evolve and become one with creation making them a phoenix. As stated in the mini at this point humanity will surpass and replace all of the abstracts including the living tribunal and . When this happens the top phoenix (jean as phoenix of the white crown) ends all of creation before beginning it anew. The celestials are merely tools which eternity uses to bring about the end. It is the natural order of things for humanity to evolve beyond them, for humanity to become phoenixes and bring about the end. That is what Xmen forever was about and it went some way into explaining what being an omega mutant really entails. New Xmen supported this by showing how Quentin Quire an omega evolved into a being of pure thought mirroring Jeans own transformation into a phoenix. Jean then met him in the white hot room along with others who had evolved to that point of ultimate mutation. So basically im saying yes Phoenix is way beyond the Celestials. As is shown clearly to be the case by the comics themselves. Opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

GalacticStorm
So you think Phoenix will beat all the Celestials roll eyes (sarcastic)

So tell me what this picture shows again shifty

Whirly, saving that universe was not a part of her Phoenix work, Quentin Quire said to her he wouldnt have bothered because the death of a universe doesnt interfere with the cycle of creation. However Jean wanted to save it because she came from that universe and she had loved ones there. That is Jean at full power the celestials are insects to her at that point. She had the entire 616 universe in her hand. If she didnt bother to save then the celestials along with their universe would have met their end.

GalacticStorm
here ya go:

GalacticStorm
and finally:

whirlysplat
These pics are very nice, but what exactly do they show? Not muchsmile Galactus wins smile

GalacticStorm
These pics are very nice, but what exactly do they show? Not muchsmile Galactus wins smile

They supported what i was saying. They show the other evolved phoenixes which supports what Xmen Forever talked about when it said humanity in all realities would eventually evolve into phoenixes and surpass the abstracts and the Living Tribunal, they show Phoenix holding the 616 universe in her hand and healing it on a whim. It wasnt something she had to do, Quentin quire said he wouldnt have bothered. That is power. Galactus eating planets is nothing, Galactus being mind controlled and going crazy resulting in the destruction of a universe is nothing. Phoenix is outside of creation and she held the 616 universe with its insignificant galactus, its puny abstracts and irrelevant celestials in it and she saved their butts. All without any visible effort and from the comfort of the white hot room. I know you love Galactus but that is insignificant there is simply no comparison.

Phoenix wins and you know it but you'd rather not admit it. Happy Dance

hoorayforpeepee
whirly quit being fallacious. logically, one who can hold the 616 universe in her hand and telekinetically rewind it molecule by molecule without effort should be able to completely own everyone in said universe.

Phoenix_Avatar9
hooray for hoorayforpeepee!, quick question for anyone out there, since Quentin Quire existed a a being of pure thought and is now a Phoenix, would you consider that confusing since Cassandra Nova is pure psychic energy, I know they're not the same, but It was confusing for me at first

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Phoenix_Avatar9
hooray for hoorayforpeepee!, quick question for anyone out there, since Quentin Quire existed a a being of pure thought and is now a Phoenix, would you consider that confusing since Cassandra Nova is pure psychic energy, I know they're not the same, but It was confusing for me at first

But Cassandra Nova doesnt have within her genetics the ability to tap into a phoenix potential. Onslaught and Shadow King were also beings of pure thought but they certainly werent phoenixes. To be a phoenix you need to be lucky enough to be born with phoenix potential and for that power to be realised as stated in New Xmen and as shown by Jeans own evolution into a phoenix a "phoenix is born in blood, flame and sacrifice". Jeans sacrifice for her friends on the space shuttle in uncanny xmen 100, Quentins death at the end of the riot story arc, later in New Xmen 147 Jean being euthanised by Wolverine. All of these events resulted in the release of both Jean and Quentins Phoenix consciousness. They were always phoenixes they just didnt know it. It took the deaths of their physical bodies to allow them to transcend beyond what they were before and bond with the power of creation.

Paola
make it a vs topic and name it 'Phoenix vs Galactus' or something

I know you'll love it...

closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.