When did Palpatine decide to try and turn Anakin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
Did he know from TPM or was it between TPM and AOTC? Or did he just decide to turn Anakin between AOTC and ROTS (during Clone Wars)?

Darth_Rankkor
IMO, since he saw him on Naboo, TPM

PVS
the second he realised that anakin was the chosen one.
end of ep1

Ast Rofan
Shortly after he created him... cool

Smegulated
Ast Rofan 'Shortly after he created him'

it quite funny, i have the making of book and in one of the origanl sripts palpatine admited he created anikin

JKozzy
Making of III or I? If you could, scan that in? I'd be interested in seeing that, if you could smile

Captain REX
Oh, I would kill everyone if that had made it to the final movie... stick out tongue

Darth_Rankkor
Sidious: Anakin, I'm your father and you'll do as I say. NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM

Anakin: That's not fair sad

LMAO laughing

((The_Anomaly))
i guess he decided while he was a small padawan, seeing his abilities were far greater then most jedi of his age, and how this lead to him thinking himself superiour to other jedi, then to arrogance.

i'd assume that it was when he was about 13-14 (after he had begun to understand the force)

at any rate, anakin referrs to palps as a mentor for a long time. so it was quite a while. during which palps would have slowly been implanting ideas into anakins head.

muhahah, palps is da man.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))

muhahah, palps is da man.

Agreed smile MWAHAHA

Smegulated
its in the making of episode 3
its in a prelininary scrip with some diologe and lucus' notes about what the characters are thinking.
sorry i dont have a scanner but il write it out
it says

'ON COUROSANT, PALPATINE COMPLETES HIS SEDUCTION OF ANIKIN, WHO AT FIRST REFUSES TO GO OVER TO THE DARK SIDE - UNTIL THE CHANCELLER MAKES A STARTALING CONFESSION:

Darth Sidious
i have waited all these years for you to fulfill your destiny (...) i arranged for your conception. i used the power of the force to will the medichlorians to start the cell devisions that created you.

Anikin
I don't believe you.

Sidous
Ahhh, but you know know its true. When you clear your mind, you will sense the truth. you could almost think of me as your father.

Anikin
That's impossible

Sidious
Nevertheless, you must decide....

Smegulated
also 10 year old Han solo was in it

DeVi| D0do
While I like the idea, had he actually said that in the final cut it would have been so corny, and rip off of ESB...

He may as well have said: "Anakin, I am you father!"

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
While I like the idea, had he actually said that in the final cut it would have been so corny, and rip off of ESB...

He may as well have said: "Anakin, I am you father!"

That's a cool stuff. It have made quite an impact if it was implicit in the movie.

Darth_Nefarus
If the whole Anakin was created by the Sith thing is true, then Sidious must have killed his master and taken over and waited for Anakin.
Or after episode 1

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
If the whole Anakin was created by the Sith thing is true, then Sidious must have killed his master and taken over and waited for Anakin.
Or after episode 1

Assuming that quote is true, it's still stupid and good it was rejected, because it raises two huge plot holes.

1. Why would a naboo senator decide to create his ultimate life form on the distant tatooine?

2. If he did create him, why the hell would he then allow the child to be raised by it's mother far away from his influence? It'd make a lot more sense to take him at birth and raise him thus.

Really, it would have raised far more questions then it would have answered, and I'm quite glad it's not so.

DeVi| D0do
Who says it's not so? The idea is still in the film, it's just not as explicit as it was first going to be. Now it is just implied. And I still like the idea that the Sith created the Chosen One who would destroy them for good...

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Correct, it isn't said expressly that it isn't so. Though it's implied that if anybody created Anakin, it was Plagus, not Sideous. Which at least could make a few answers: Sideous may have killed plagus around hte time of anakins conception and not have known who or where the conception would have taken place.

But as for sideous? If it is true, it would be really stupid, for the reasons I cite above.

Captain REX
Yeah, that would have made the Sidious/Vader relationship just plain weird...

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by InsaneNoodlyGuy
Correct, it isn't said expressly that it isn't so. Though it's implied that if anybody created Anakin, it was Plagus, not Sideous. Which at least could make a few answers: Sideous may have killed plagus around hte time of anakins conception and not have known who or where the conception would have taken place.

But as for sideous? If it is true, it would be really stupid, for the reasons I cite above.
Yeah, you're right. It had to have been Plaguies.

Captain REX
Of course, it didn't happen in the movie...thank god... big grin

Darth Kronos
IMO in EpII

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by InsaneNoodlyGuy
Assuming that quote is true, it's still stupid and good it was rejected, because it raises two huge plot holes.

1. Why would a naboo senator decide to create his ultimate life form on the distant tatooine?

2. If he did create him, why the hell would he then allow the child to be raised by it's mother far away from his influence? It'd make a lot more sense to take him at birth and raise him thus.

Really, it would have raised far more questions then it would have answered, and I'm quite glad it's not so.

1. Not to drawn attention on him and plus, remember that the fact that anakin was taken from his mother initiated the chainreaction of events we've seen at the end.

2. Read 1 and plus, he had the maul apprenctice to use against the jedi and would not risk the creation of his.

IMO

smile

bobcrickett
IMO, IMO... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.