The Question [Merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Ok, all those who read HBP know that certain person killed a certain other person. Do you think that the person who did the killing is Evil?

NightCrawler341
Course not!

tigress
i think the person wo wrote it is 'sobs sniffs' ish still feeling betrayed

APIECEOFME
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
Course not!
Hehehe you know my stance already stick out tongue

NightCrawler341
Yep, so I wont argue with you. But for you two, denial!

APIECEOFME
I wasn't arguing...I was joking with you.

NightCrawler341
Never said you were arguing. I said I wont argue with you. I shoulda finished the sentence. "I wont argue with you to change your mind then."

APIECEOFME
Oh you won't have to change my mind. I'm sure that once I get over my initial anger and bitterness, I'll see it your way. Also, I haven't reread the book yet and I usually find things that I didn't notice the first time. So I'll probably find things to support your theory when I read it again.

tigress
Oh dont start again lol 'grins' entertaining as it is my dear nightcrawler you do know how to push peoples buttons my friend lol

denial whos in denial ????

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by tigress
Oh dont start again lol 'grins' entertaining as it is my dear nightcrawler you do know how to push peoples buttons my friend lol

denial whos in denial ???? I do it for the good of the people. ^.^

Tassie
NO. erm

Why do I say so?

Read the next book and you'll find out. yes

But if you check the little details in chapter 2, i think it was, between him and two other 'members', you'll see he's not really on the other side- for example, he insisted that he had no idea where the Order's Headquarters were located, though he himself is a member of the Order, and does, then, have as much knowledge as the other members of the Order- but he's just protecting them. It's the ultimatuum when he kills DD, but we still don't know for sure if the intention wasn't good, and exactly what was DD's real reason for trusting him, right?

Hermione202
I think he is evil.

shaber
Yes. The latent good qualities that JKR mentioned were probably in that he did the task for Malfoy.

DanZeke25
I think he is evil too.

Darth Macabre
Hes evil. He was pleading for help to the killer, or so Harry says, when he got killed.

Or someone could argue that he was pleading for the killer to kill him.

Phoenix
and they were arguing earlier in the book - dumby said he had to stick to the plan... I think snape didn't want to kill him...

Hermione202
He is evil

APIECEOFME
Originally posted by Tassie
NO. erm

Why do I say so?

Read the next book and you'll find out. yes

But if you check the little details in chapter 2, i think it was, between him and two other 'members', you'll see he's not really on the other side- for example, he insisted that he had no idea where the Order's Headquarters were located, though he himself is a member of the Order, and does, then, have as much knowledge as the other members of the Order- but he's just protecting them. It's the ultimatuum when he kills DD, but we still don't know for sure if the intention wasn't good, and exactly what was DD's real reason for trusting him, right?
He doesn't tell the location because he CAN'T....he's not the secret-keeper.

2Tidus!
He made the Unbreakable Vow, right? So well, maybe he told Dumbeldore he had to do it, and Dumbeldore told him if needed, he would sacrafice himself to let Snape survive? Maybe Snape has some big importness in the 7th book...

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Hes evil. He was pleading for help to the killer, or so Harry says, when he got killed.

Or someone could argue that he was pleading for the killer to kill him. Dumbledore never asked for help. He could be pleading for anything, he never finished the his sentence.Originally posted by Phoenix
and they were arguing earlier in the book - dumby said he had to stick to the plan... I think snape didn't want to kill him... I think that was when Snape told DD the whole Malfoy thing and I think DD said for Snape, if the time comes, kill him. Snape was probably arguing against it. We all know DD is too kind to let Snape die for not doing what the Vow said to do, and so DD said take his life so Snape can keep his.

Unicor777
Ok, ppl becareful with mentioning names; we can call the killed one person 1 and the killer person 2.

Now back on the subject, I think the killer is evil and he should suffer!!! I look forward for his sufferings

Saratn
Give your opinions on if you think Snape is good or bad. Personally I think Snape is good.

Hermione202
EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL

Saratn
Of course, I knew you would say that, after reading what you've said about Snape smile

Hermione202
lol , yes

Saratn
But no matter what people say, I still think Snape is good.

ladygrim
and guess wot i think big grin

Saratn
you...think...um...Snape...is...good???

DarkC
I don't care if he's good or bad, i want to feed him to a school of sharks. mad

Hermione202
Originally posted by ladygrim
and guess wot i think big grin

You think hes bad!Originally posted by DarkC
I don't care if he's good or bad, i want to feed him to a school of sharks. mad

agreed!

Saratn
I would too, but not until I learn the truth...

Hermione202
Originally posted by Hermione202

I stick to this!

ladygrim
i think he'sEVVVIIILLL evil evil evil evil

Saratn
Let's say for a moment he was under orders by Dumbledore, (when I'm saying this, I am not siding with you guys about Snape) why would he kill Dumbledore anyways? Dumbledore was the only one the Dark Lord ever feared. Why would Snape dispose of Dumbledore? But then these questions come up...Snape could be finding information about the horcruxes, so that could help Harry in the end right? Dumbledore knew his time was coming, so he decided it was their he was to die. He wouldn't be able to help Harry fight the Dark Lord. He picked a good spot to die. It would give Harry more motivation to destroy the horcruxes.

APIECEOFME
Hey ppl, Has everyone here read the mugglenet/leakycauldron interview w/ Jo? She touches on the subject of Snape being evil or not.

Hermione202
A pic ! I wrote the things on it but.........

APIECEOFME
A pic ! I wrote the things on it but.........
Thats priceless!! I like it.

Hermione202
thank you !
Terribly sorry , i'm a horrible artist embarrasment embarrasment :

DanZeke25
Evil

SlugHorn
Woot go evil!

Saberstylemasta

agreed. Here is a skit to prove it.

HP; SS: Snape: I'm evil! (Harry ron and hermionie notice, but change their minds

HP: CoS: Snape: I'm evil! (nobody notices)

PoA: Snape: I'm eviiiiiill! (nobody notices)

GoF: I'm EEEEVILLLL! (nobody notices)

OotP: I'm the most evilest person around (nobody notices)

1st half of HBP: Snape: I'm Evil
Harry: Did you ever notice that Snape is evil?
Hermione: Ya, but dumbledore trusts him

2nd half of HBP: I'M EVIL, AND I'LL KILL DUMBLEDORE TO PROVE IT! (Dumbledore dies, Harry cries) Everybody in the book: SNAPE IS EVIL!!!! Snape: Finally They notice

Saberstylemasta
thank you !
Terribly sorry , i'm a horrible artist embarrasment embarrasment :

Snape looks different, did they get a new actor for GoF?

SlugHorn
dunno, what makes u think he looks dif?

The Omega

Saratn
I agree, and I've been trying to make that point in many of different threads.

DanZeke25
Naturally I do, but as I have already proven to you, I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being -- forgive me -- rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger.

-Albus Dumbledore

Saratn
like how i responded to you in the other thread...it doesn't have to do with Snape. Dumbledore didn't make a mistake with him.

Hermione202
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Naturally I do, but as I have already proven to you, I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being -- forgive me -- rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger.

-Albus Dumbledore

does that mean you think he is good or that he is Evil ?

Saratn
most likely evil, the quote is based on DD making mistakes, so he's saying that Dumbledore made a mistake with Snape.

DanZeke25
Evil. I think that Dumbledore made a huge mistake. as he said.

"rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger."

hotsauce6548
So Saratn, I was just wondering this:

How do you guys explain the Unbreakable Vow? What was the point of making one? Surely, if he was in the Order and Dumbledore gave him the order to kill him, as you said DD did, he would have followed it out, with or without the Vow. So why did he take it?

Hermione202
Originally posted by Saratn
most likely evil, the quote is based on DD making mistakes, so he's saying that Dumbledore made a mistake with Snape.

does that mean you changed your mind?

hotsauce6548
does that mean you changed your mind?

No, he was saying that Danzeke thinks Snape is evil.

Saratn
So nothing would happen to Malfoy. Malfoy is Snapes favorite student, and I am starting to change my mind...slowly.

hotsauce6548
So nothing would happen to Malfoy. Malfoy is Snapes favorite student, and I am starting to change my mind...slowly.

So you're saying that a member of the Order would risk his life for a Death Eater...

Nice theory you got there...

DanZeke25
I dont think Draco is really a death eater. He was just forced into this by Voldemort because of Lucious. He didnt want to do it.

But i still hate him anyway.

hotsauce6548
I dont think Draco is really a death eater. He was just forced into this by Voldemort because of Lucious. He didnt want to do it.

But i still hate him anyway.

Well, he was a Death Eater in a sense, for he was ordered by Voldemort to kill Dumbledore.

And plus, didn't he have the Dark Mark?

hotsauce6548

Plus, you're saying that Snape is risking his life in order to exchange Dumbledore's--the 'leader' of the Order--for Malfoy's--the enemy.

Snape wouldn't be much of a good guy after all, would he...

DanZeke25
Yeah, but still. Draco had to choose, do what Voldemort says, or die.

hotsauce6548
Yeah, but still. Draco had to choose, do what Voldemort says, or die.

That is true. If he had a choice, Draco probably wouldn't have become a Death Eater, but now he's in too far. He's one, now, and he'll pobably get killed for failing his mission.

Saratn
Okay, first of all, as already mentioned Draco had no choice. And I think Dumbledore values his students lives more than his own. Which I came up with a theory. Dumbledore finds out that Malfoy was a Death Eater, so he stations Snape at his house, where Bella and Narcissa come. Since he already knew about Draco being a Death Eater, he was prepared to make the Unbreakable Vow. Since Dumbledore knew that Draco wouildn't be able to kill him, he had Snape, so both Malfoy and Snape would live. That would prove that Snape is good, and Dumbldore cares more about his students than himself.

hotsauce6548
Okay, first of all, as already mentioned Draco had no choice. And I think Dumbledore values his students lives more than his own. Which I came up with a theory. Dumbledore finds out that Malfoy was a Death Eater, so he stations Snape at his house, where Bella and Narcissa come. Since he already knew about Draco being a Death Eater, he was prepared to make the Unbreakable Vow. Since Dumbledore knew that Draco wouildn't be able to kill him, he had Snape, so both Malfoy and Snape would live. That would prove that Snape is good, and Dumbldore cares more about his students than himself.

Dumbledore positioned Snape at his house... and somehow got Wormtail to go as well?

hotsauce6548

I'm not sure I follow your theory. What does Draco's being a Death Eater have to do with Snape making the Unbreakable Vow? If Snape wanted to protect Malfoy, he surely wouldn't need the Vow to make him do so?

Saratn
The Dark Lord told Wormtail to go into Snape's service. He took the Unbreakable Vow to make it look less suspicous toe the Death Eaters and the Dark Lord.

hotsauce6548

I'm kind of understanding it now, but there are two things:

Wormtail - Why is he at Snape's house if Dumbledore positioned Snape there?

I'm not too sure I can see Dumbledore exchanging his life for Draco's. He knows that Draco will be killed by Voldemort for failing his task. That makes sacrificing himself pointless.

That plan also rides on the arrival of Bellatrix. She might not have come, and therefore Snape may not have taken the Vow.

It's a good theory, though. I think I might need to sleep on it. wink

hotsauce6548
The Dark Lord told Wormtail to go into Snape's service. He took the Unbreakable Vow to make it look less suspicous toe the Death Eaters and the Dark Lord.

That's another thing. Bellatrix and Narcissa are, according to Snape, 'lesser' Death Eaters, if you will. They weren't even supposed to be at his house, so why would Snape have to prove his worth to them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.