Malak vs Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fishy
Now I know a lot of you are going to say Malak doesn't stand a chance, but really doesn't he? He was a great Jedi and a powerful Sith Lord too, he comamnded hundreds of the Sith and is a great lightsaber duelist, he connection to the force isn't weak either so Sidious wouldn't be able to overpower him with the force alone. So could Malak take Sidious.

Setting is Ahto City Manaan. Selkath are all gone stick out tongue

War_Lord
Good fight. Sidious proved to be equal to Yoda in lightsaber combat and force powers. But Malak isn't a pushover either. I'm going to go for Sidious. But good match.

Admiral Akbar
Well, if sidious could rely on the environment for this fight then he most certainly has the upperhand, but if this is a sr8 up duel, sidious has no chance in hell. Unless he successfully lands his lightning which would weaken malak like crazy.

War_Lord
Go Sidious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kamikz
I agree with Admiral Ackbar on this. I think Sidious needs to use his mind combined with his power to win, we have seen that he is good using both. Thanks to that tactic he beated Yoda and I belive Yoda would have defeated Malak.

MAKASHIMAN
Sids fights dirty his matches will always be dirty as a daiper.

Admiral Akbar
Mual fights dirty IMO.

Emperor Revan
Wow, Fishy creating a thread. Doesn't happen too often. As for the fight, I think Malak stands a really good chance, but for now I'm thinking Sidious would win because of how fast he killed those 3 council members and for holding his own against Yoda.

Shadow_Star
Holding off Yoda is not easy.

Admiral Akbar
for any jedi or sith.

Arbiter
I don't care who you are. NJO Luke wouldn't be able to kill Yoda easily.

Admiral Akbar
.......what u just posted makes very little sense, are u talking to me?

Arbiter
No.

Fishy
He has a point there though, killing Yoda isn't easy for anybody.

However looking at the fight between Mace and Sidious, if Sidious would make the same mistake he made against Mace when fighting Malak then he would get creamed.

Sidious easily killing three Jedi doesn't mean a lot either because even droids could kill masters so those masters although better then the one's killed by droids still suck. Besides Malak easily killed two people that could have been masters.

I think that in a duel of force alone Malak would lose, but in a lightsaber fight he would win. Sidious isn't powerful enough to overwhelm him with the force either. And getting an advantage is going to be hard and really it shouldn't even be considered. Could he win without any advantages? I really doubt it.

Fishy
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Wow, Fishy creating a thread. Doesn't happen too often. As for the fight, I think Malak stands a really good chance, but for now I'm thinking Sidious would win because of how fast he killed those 3 council members and for holding his own against Yoda.

Yeah i know its rare but I like replying to other threads more then making by own, mostly because I will have to think of the fight myself then stick out tongue

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Fishy
Yeah i know its rare but I like replying to other threads more then making by own, mostly because I will have to think of the fight myself then stick out tongue

Yeah, I know what you mean. Plus all the good fights have been done. On the other hand though, I was thinking of making a thread to see who the toughest non-Force user is, good idea?

DarthGenises
OMG Sidious threw that fight he would have probably beaten Mace if he had tried

Fishy
OMG STFU there is no evidence of that all, all logic points the other way however. Sidious just underestimated Mace... He lost because of it, his problem.

Emperor Revan
Like Fishy said, there's no evidence to support it, just speculation. The movies show Sidious getting owned and nothing in EU says Sidious threw the fight so Mace won fair.

War_Lord
Mace did win the fight but that doesn't make Mace stronger then Yoda. Sidious was a coward and distance himself from Yoda knowing he would get defeated.

DarthGenises
Actually there is evidence in the movie. He contacts Anikan before Mace and the others arrive and you can tell by some of his facial expressions that he is overacting way too much

Emperor Revan
I never said Mace was stronger than Yoda, in fact I believe the opposite. Mace had a hard enough time holding Sidious' lightning back with a lightsaber. Yoda did it with his bare hands. If Yoda had gone instead of Mace, Yoda would've kicked Palpy's butt IMO.

Emperor Revan
DarthGenises: He probably contacted Anakin because he knew he would lose without help, big deal? And he had those same facial expressions against Yoda too.

DarthGenises
Lets just wait until the DVD comes out then we will know whos right and whos wrong

Emperor Revan
Do you think Lucas will say something on commentary or what?

DarthGenises
hopefully

Darth_Janus
Well, the kid needs all he can get, emperor.

Anyways, Sidious would likely lose. The Sids is NOT a heavy in lightsaber combat and an ancient Sith lord with a multitude of more lightsaber combat experience would win.

Darth Infidus
Did you all play Kotor, because if you remeber, Malak had crazy resistance to (REVAN's) force powers when you duel him on the starforge, even my maxed out wisdom revan had a hard time penetrating his defenses, as a matter of fact, he never penetrated his defenses, i was forced to use my lightsaber and all my health packs to BARELY defeat him. Sure this was kotor Revan, not post Kotor, but he could still beat Palpatine in any of his incarnations. Needless to say,the only way i think Sids would win, is if ran and hid somewhere in the city in hopes of losing Malak and forcing him to give up.

MAKASHIMAN
I never said Mace was stronger than Yoda, in fact I believe the opposite. Mace had a hard enough time holding Sidious' lightning back with a lightsaber. Yoda did it with his bare hands. If Yoda had gone instead of Mace, Yoda would've kicked Palpy's butt IMO.

Preach it Revan.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Infidus
Did you all play Kotor, because if you remeber, Malak had crazy resistance to (REVAN's) force powers when you duel him on the starforge, even my maxed out wisdom revan had a hard time penetrating his defenses, as a matter of fact, he never penetrated his defenses, i was forced to use my lightsaber and all my health packs to BARELY defeat him. Sure this was kotor Revan, not post Kotor, but he could still beat Palpatine in any of his incarnations. Needless to say,the only way i think Sids would win, is if ran and hid somewhere in the city in hopes of losing Malak and forcing him to give up.

I thought this was obvious...

Game play experiences do not count, since they change per person.

Only things that are the same every time in game (Such as FMVs, or descriptions) are considered points in argument.

Clawed The Bum
What the f**k? What the f**k? why is sidiuos a bad lightsaber dueler? Reply by some idiot: he lost to posibly the best lightsaber user ever. i strongly think that sidiuos could of won the fight vs mace. everyone knows that sidiuos is greater then mace in force. if you don't you are an idiot and i won't argue with you becuase i will lose( notice the narly quote). if sidiuos did force push mace would of flew out the window and got his back hair smoked. everyone calls sidiuos a coward. malak is the coward. he killed revan from a distance spaceship. at least sidouis went near his master and killed him. malak destroyed a whole freakin planet because of her fear for bastilla. malak never killed anyone special and did anything special either. sidiuos would win very easy. P.S. fishy you made a thread i!i!i!i!i!i! i thaught you were waiting to do a topic that was like wow good topic but this is not so good no offense becuase sidious would beat malak very easily.

Darth Somebody
Sidious IS a heavyweight with a lightsaber, albeit not one of the very best, but good enough. I don't know who would win. Malak is one tough cookie. I mean he did control the Star Forge for a time and continued Revan's extermination of the Republic. So props to him for being tough and all. But Sidious is cleverer than Malak (I would assume) and finding advantages is a specialty trait he's good at. And he, like Malak, is very powerful in The Force.

Umm...if Malak DID win - he'd walk away with more than a missing jaw. Probably he'd lose an arm or a leg, or something. But I dunno. I guess Sidious.

Fishy
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
What the f**k? What the f**k? why is sidiuos a bad lightsaber dueler? Reply by some idiot: he lost to posibly the best lightsaber user ever. i strongly think that sidiuos could of won the fight vs mace. everyone knows that sidiuos is greater then mace in force. if you don't you are an idiot and i won't argue with you becuase i will lose( notice the narly quote). if sidiuos did force push mace would of flew out the window and got his back hair smoked. everyone calls sidiuos a coward. malak is the coward. he killed revan from a distance spaceship. at least sidouis went near his master and killed him. malak destroyed a whole freakin planet because of her fear for bastilla. malak never killed anyone special and did anything special either. sidiuos would win very easy. P.S. fishy you made a thread i!i!i!i!i!i! i thaught you were waiting to do a topic that was like wow good topic but this is not so good no offense becuase sidious would beat malak very easily.

I know this thread is old, but I just love replying to stupidity.

Sidious the best lightsaber duelist ever? Have you seen him in ROTS he lost two lightsaber duels, he needed Anakin to win one and the area to win another so he clearly is not the greatest lightsaber duelist not even in that time. Which would make him even weaker in ancient times because then they actually still fought.

Sidious killed his master when he was sleeping Malak used a ship. I don't see why one is braver then the other. However Malak did fight head on in wars, Sidious hid in the shadows always using others to fight for him. Always. So really that doesn't make him brave. He only showed who he was, becuase he fought the Jedi would be dead soon anyways. He only told Anakin what he did because he knew the Jedi were coming for him. Again counting on somebody else to help him.

So could you please tell me what makes you think Sidious is more powerful then Malak. Malak is extremely powerful he controlled a star, something only 2 people in that time could do. He killed a lot of Jedi defeated a great fighter creamed hundreds of Mandelorians and hundreds of Jedi. How many people do you know off that have done something like that? Sidious sure as hell didn't. Malak has a great control over the force so Sidious just couldn't overwelm him with it, you need to be a lot more powerful to do that. Sidious wasn't a lot more powerful if he was at all. And you can not seriously be telling me that a lightsaber duellist with years of experience in real life would lose from somebody who only had practice duels?

kamikz
I also think Mace beated Sidious but there is something I've always thought about since I saw that duel. After the 3 jedis are dead Sidious is attacking Mace and they are walking into Palpatines big office, at one point Sidious knocks Windus lightsaber away and holds his own against Mace throat. But he doesent attack for like 6 seconds and then Mace has time to knock it away. Why the hell didn't Sidious attack? He wouldent want to spare Mace, hell no. Can someone tell me why he didn't kill him right away, please? Oh and I think Sidious would slightly prevail over Malak.

Fishy
Originally posted by kamikz
I also think Mace beated Sidious but there is something I've always thought about since I saw that duel. After the 3 jedis are dead Sidious is attacking Mace and they are walking into Palpatines big office, at one point Sidious knocks Windus lightsaber away and holds his own against Mace throat. But he doesent attack for like 6 seconds and then Mace has time to knock it away. Why the hell didn't Sidious attack? He wouldent want to spare Mace, hell no. Can someone tell me why he didn't kill him right away, please? Oh and I think Sidious would slightly prevail over Malak.

Wrong...

Sidious held the lightsaber near Mace but his arm was stretched, if he would have moved forward Mace would have had the time to jump away and cut. Mace had the advantage in that possition it doesn't look like it. But Sidious would have to use his body to attack, Mace would only have to move aside and move his lightsaber down and Sidious would have been dead.

The thing is if Sidious would have moved forward Mace would have seen it, its extremely easy to see an attack like that coming. Mace had an advantage even then.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
What the f**k? What the f**k? why is sidiuos a bad lightsaber dueler? Reply by some idiot: he lost to posibly the best lightsaber user ever. i strongly think that sidiuos could of won the fight vs mace.

Sidious can't win against most people in a "straight" fight. Any of the ancient Sith Lords would smoke him in seconds. Dooku, Yoda and Mace would kill him in a "fair" fight (Mace disarmed him in less than a minute). He is not a "bad" lightsaber dueler but he also isn't a genious when it comes to lightsaber skills.

Greater in the force ? Yes, but only because he is a dark sider and that gives you power faster. And if you ever read the ROTS novel: Sidious tried to force push Mace out of the window and Mace simply corrected the direction of the push.

Oh yes. Killing your master while he is sleeping is a real heroic action. I could have done that to Plagueis without being a force user. And Malak did nothing special and killed nothing special ?

- Kavar went to fight Malak and barely escaped alive
- Malak wasted hundrets of Jedi, Mandalorians and so on
- he could control the Star Forge and that requires some amount of power
- he was quite close to Revan when it comes to force use and lightsaber skill.

I think this is a pretty nice fight but I think Malak will win. Sidious wouldn't be able to overwhelm Malak with his force powers and then it's a lightsaber duel what Malak would probably win because of the advantages he has (longer lightsaber, more natural range, more physical strength, more natural agility since he is younger).

kamikz
Originally posted by Fishy
Wrong...

Sidious held the lightsaber near Mace but his arm was stretched, if he would have moved forward Mace would have had the time to jump away and cut. Mace had the advantage in that possition it doesn't look like it. But Sidious would have to use his body to attack, Mace would only have to move aside and move his lightsaber down and Sidious would have been dead.

The thing is if Sidious would have moved forward Mace would have seen it, its extremely easy to see an attack like that coming. Mace had an advantage even then.

Alright, thanks. About the Malak and Sidious duel I think Sidious would prevail because he is a cheater and a coward, he would probably make the fight as unfair as possible and try to have the high ground all the time. In a fair fight I doubt he could win by just skills.

Emperor Revan
I agree with Nai Fohl except that Malak is close to Revan's power. That might be true, but Revan was stronger during his first reign than Malak was, he got stronger by the end of KOTOR and defeated Malak twice in a row. I don't think he's too close.

To whoever posted about the game dynamics: Malak used Force resistance, that's why no Force powers worked on him. otherwise I (a Sentinel) can easily use Force storm on him.

Darth Somebody
Actually, Nai Fohl, in the ROTS book - it says Mace BARELY saved himself by a frantic Force push of his own. And in the Force, the only one equal to Sidious - in the movies - is Yoda.

Darth_Janus
I agree with Nai Fohl except that Malak is close to Revan's power. That might be true, but Revan was stronger during his first reign than Malak was, he got stronger by the end of KOTOR and defeated Malak twice in a row. I don't think he's too close.

To whoever posted about the game dynamics: Malak used Force resistance, that's why no Force powers worked on him. otherwise I (a Sentinel) can easily use Force storm on him.

You aren't listening to me. Your gameplay experience in the fight against Malak is NOT even close to canon accept that the fight between Malak and Revan did happen, and we only know this to be true because it is cited in the sequel and is the only possible outcome of the first game. But whether or not Malak uses a Force power that by all means hasn't even been shown to exist elsewhere but in games means nothing in this fight. And for gameplay purposes, you (a sentinel, like that changes anything) could actually break his force immunity if you had high enough wisdom and charisma! If you're running the PC version, just bring up the console and get pure 1000s for stats. Boom. Then I can say Revan beat Malak with one force choke, right? No, wrong.

Back to this, I have rewatched the ROTS fights more closely this time. Now, this could be mostly because of different actors being used (Since it was easier to use a stunt double for Sidious in the dark robes with the fugly face, or better... a CGI Sidious which was used many times) but Sidious fights better against Yoda than he does against Windu... and faster. That doesn't mean I think much more of him as a fighter, but it does mean that his combat expertise with Mace Windu is in question so far as I am concerned.

Darth Sparhawk
Sidious. As stated before, he is not the best duelist in SW universe, although he is very good. But he is cunning like a serpent and uses the best out of a situation. Malak is a weak character IMO. Palpatine will explore his weaknesses, talking during the fight, whispering, maddening his enemy with his crazy laughter.
Also in a battle of the Force, Palpatine will win, especially DE Palpatine.

FistoFan
I think it would be Sidious.

FistoFan
http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistoryPics/DarthMalakPic.jpg
vs
http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistoryPics/DarthSidiousEPIII.jpg

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
You aren't listening to me. Your gameplay experience in the fight against Malak is NOT even close to canon accept that the fight between Malak and Revan did happen, and we only know this to be true because it is cited in the sequel and is the only possible outcome of the first game. But whether or not Malak uses a Force power that by all means hasn't even been shown to exist elsewhere but in games means nothing in this fight. And for gameplay purposes, you (a sentinel, like that changes anything) could actually break his force immunity if you had high enough wisdom and charisma! If you're running the PC version, just bring up the console and get pure 1000s for stats. Boom. Then I can say Revan beat Malak with one force choke, right? No, wrong.

Back to this, I have rewatched the ROTS fights more closely this time. Now, this could be mostly because of different actors being used (Since it was easier to use a stunt double for Sidious in the dark robes with the fugly face, or better... a CGI Sidious which was used many times) but Sidious fights better against Yoda than he does against Windu... and faster. That doesn't mean I think much more of him as a fighter, but it does mean that his combat expertise with Mace Windu is in question so far as I am concerned.

Why would you question it?

Sidious fights in a different way against Mace then he does against Yoda, against Mace he will need strength and speed against Yoda he needs speed and agility. Different opponents make you need different ways to fight, especially when the difference is as big as between Yoda and Mace. If he would have moved as fast as he could against Mace, Mace would have sliced him open. Against Yoda he had no choice and Yoda couldn't just slice him open.

QuakeBlood
up

Fated Xtasy
http://i.imgur.com/9b1fV1F.gif

I wasn't aware this was even a question.

Ursumeles
This Therad gave me AIDS, Cancer, Herpes and a Justin Bieber CD.

chingchangwalla
Malak takes Sheev apart

carthage
Malak is better than Traya who B TEAMED BRIANNA

What chance does Sidious have?

darthbane77
What the actual ****? Sidious roflstomps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.