Dark Empire Sidious vs ROTS Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Somebody
I think this is where both are shown in their prime...err...I think. Lol, anyways. A rematch - set in...uh...um...the Geonosian Arena.

Clawed The Bum
sidiuos won once so he will win agian.

p.s. it is emperour sidiuos not empire. and you spelled it wrong in this forum and also on an other one that i forgot the name of

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
sidiuos won once so he will win agian.

p.s. it is emperour sidiuos not empire. and you spelled it wrong in this forum and also on an other one that i forgot the name of

Your first sentence makes no logical sense. It is like saying I won at slots once, I shall win again the very next time regardless of situation, etc.

Second, he meant the Dark Empire series Sidious, who is, I think, reborn.

Clawed The Bum
YOUR first sentence doesn't make sense. slots is 100% luck. 100%. in the SW universe there is no such thing as luck there is only the force.

Clawed The Bum
i meant to say that sidiuos wasn't lucky when he beat yoda. pure skill

Darth_Janus
There is probability involved in everything from fighting to gambling to hitting the right key at the right time and not typoing...

So my analogy DOES make sense. Just because you cannot comprehend what I am trying to say does not invalidate my logic.

But your logic, however, simply is that Sidious has beaten Yoda once before and can again, even though you should know all fights can theoretically go either way, and you should know that the Sidious in question is not the same.

Darth Somebody
The Dark Empire Sidious is Palpatine in a clone body. About in his mid twenties. He has new powers, such as The Force Storm - which is an advance of Force Lightning. It's so powerful, it can consume ships much bigger than the Executor - and if I remember correctly - can consume part of an entire Fleet.

Clawed The Bum
is that true??? i think you are lieing... (people are now laughing at me becuase they think i am n00b)

Darth_Janus
It's post-ROTJ EU... anything is possible in that nonsense universe.

Darth Somebody
This is taken from the Wikipedia entry concerning Palpatine, where it refers to the Dark Empire series. Read it and enjoy. And look at the last sentence. cool

----------

In the Dark Empire saga of comics, Palpatine returned shortly after the Thrawn crisis, by channeling his spirit (which continued to live through the Force after his death) into a clone of himself. The cloned Palpatine attempted to take back control of the galaxy, and successfully converted Luke Skywalker over to the Dark Side. Luke was able to foil some of Palpatine's plans, but was not quite strong enough to pull himself back. Only with the assistance of his sister Leia was he able to return and defeat Palpatine. Palpatine lost control of the terrifying Force storm he had conjured against them and was consumed by its energies along with his flagship.

Palpatine intended to replace the Galactic Empire with a Dark Empire; an empire ruled through the Dark Side of the Force alone without the need for weapons of mass destruction and technological domination. The planet Byss was modeled on this concept, serving as the Emperor's vision of a Utopian society.

The resurrected Emperor Palpatine, as depicted in STAR WARS: Dark Empire.During Palpatine's absence, the Empire, under the command of his cadre of Dark Jedi, initiated Operation Shadow Hand. Uniting the Galactic Empire's shattered fragments, they systematically retook the Galaxy from the New Republic. Unbeknownst to the new government (now reduced back to the Rebel Alliance), Palpatine had an auxiliary cloning facility. Two of Palpatine's Dark Side Adepts attempted to finish the job Skywalker started but failed to complete when the still-loyal Executor Sedriss arrived and killed the traitors. Emperor Palpatine's twisted soul had once again manifested itself in a young clone body.

Utilizing insane weapons designer Umak Leth's horrifying brainchild, the Galaxy Gun, he forcefully coerced systems into accepting Imperial rule. With this strategy, he nearly brought the Galactic Empire back to its former glory.

Despite seeming absolute victory over the Alliance, internal affairs stalled Palpatine's progress. A renegade Imperial Sovereign and Royal Guardsman, Carnor Jax, had bribed Palpatine's head cloning supervisor into tampering with Palpatine's DNA strain.

His last cloned body deteriorating at an increasingly alarming rate due to the damage caused by his traitorous minions, Palpatine was already beginning to fall victim to the ravaging Dark Side energies at his command. Aware of the genetic corruption of his clone supply, he ventured to the ancient Sith burial world of Korriban to seek the wisdom of Sith Lords long past. The Sith spirits informed Palpatine that the only way to survive would be to inhabit the body of the infant Anakin Solo, the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia and Vader's grandchild.

Taking his new flagship, Eclipse II, with him to the baby's sanctuary on Onderon, Palpatine landed and slipped by security using his mastery of the Force. When he arrived to where the baby was held, Luke and his fledgling Jedi order confronted him. Palpatine easily dispatched them, despite his weakness, killing one and incapacitating the others. Unexpectedly, an enraged Han Solo shot Palpatine in the back while he was off-guard. With his body dead, Palpatine's spirit made one last lunge for the baby, but was intercepted by an ailing Empatojayos Brand. Brand used all of his remaining strength to keep Palpatine's sinister spirit from escaping. When he died, he took Palpatine's essence with him. After so many years of conflict and bloodshed, Emperor Palpatine was truly defeated. Darth Sidious, the greatest Dark Lord of the Sith, was finally dead.

Darth Windu
You just posted that.

Darth Somebody
Yep. On two separate threads so people can see.

Darth_Janus
It's Wikipedia. Would you like to show a cross reference?

darthrevan89
Bullshit Sidious is not the greatest Sith and don't give me that "greater" not powerful crap.

Great Vengeance
His quote is completely accurate, and post ROTJ palps would definately beat yoda being that hes stronger then and he was still strong enough to beat yoda back in ROTS.

Darth Windu
If you read the other threads (Yoda + two others vs. Sidious + two others), we came to the conclusion that Sidious beat Yoda with smarter thinking and tactics, not sheer power. And with the Kaiburr Crystal, he would beat Yoda, sure. But without it, maybe.

Darth Somebody
I think that Dark Empire Sidious would defeat Yoda. Of course, Yoda would give him a good fight. But DE Sidious is more powerful than ROTS Sidious (much MORE powerful).

But if he used Force Storm, Yoda would be wiped out.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by darthrevan89
Bullshit Sidious is not the greatest Sith and don't give me that "greater" not powerful crap.

Once again. We had this argument and many people agreed. Sidious is one of the very greatest - if not THE - greatest Sith Lords in history. I will say that him taking over the Republic (even by deceit) is something that no other Sith has done before or after (as far as we know).

Taking over a planet is great. But taking over the galaxy dwarfs even that.

Darth Sparhawk
Sidious, of course. With a Force Storm.

DenKi
Yoda would win,

Sidious only beat him in Episode 3 somple becos he always had the higher ground and Yoda lost his sabre..

Darth Sparhawk
He did not lost it, Palpy pushed it from his hand with a Force Lightning. Besides, the Emperor in DE comic books were stronger than in ROTS, although sillier.

Count Dooku
Sidious is one of the greatest Sith Lords? He would be eaten alive by any of the Original Sith.

tommy vercetti
sidious wins this considering we,re talking about the dark empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.