What do you think of the Red Hot Chili Peppers Greatest Hits CD?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Travizzle
Well, what do you think of it. Like it, or don't.

tabby999
which one, there are a few

Darth Travizzle
Their latest one, the cover has the big red lips on the front.

Deathblow
Bull excrement. Just another inadequate selection of mostly so-so singles from a group that have done much better. Buy the albums, for god's sake.

tabby999
i agree, good for a new listener but if your a big fan, you'd buy the cds

RagnaViper
Key word: Greatest Hits Album

sick

Cinemaddiction
First one is dreadful, IMO. Never bothered with a 2nd.

tabby999
theres What Hits and the new one isn't there?

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, "What Hits!?" has essentially two songs worth listening to more than once. "Higher Ground" and "Under the Bridge". It doesn't make any sense how ONE track off of MSSM made it on there, and not "Breaking the Girl", "Suck My Kiss", "Give It Away".

BSSM being the most commercially successful album they made, loaded with hits, until "Californication" dropped.

tabby999
yep, californication rocks, their new greatest hits is indefinitly better than What Hits, not to mention the cool aditional tracks they recorded for it. Soul to Squeeze is my fave song by them btw so it made the cd more good value. i bought it for my mum, she loves it

Imaginary
The only song I don't like on the new Greatest Hits is Fortune Faded, but I also have Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Californication.

Darth Revan
I hate Greatest Hits albums. I refuse to spend nearly 20 bucks on a CD to try a new band, which is really the only good reason for their existance. That said, I found a copy of it lying around in a hotel room and gave it a listen... I really don't see what the purpose of a CD with almost no new material is.

RagnaViper
Completely agree with you on that.

To this day, I have not found one good Greatest Hits Album.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.