stirctly paint contest. Lilmisskitten vs. Justjakk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

justjakk
Ok guys. This thread has been opened in the OTF, but i was winning by popularity at first. I was told that if i opened this here, then it would be fair and thats what i want....This is a challenge between myself and lilmisskitten to see who can do a better pic using paint.

The pic is supposed to be a girl in the foreground with red hair. In the background is supposed to be a castle in the trees with a red sky.

From Lilmisskitten:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4570228

And from Justjakk:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4571906

Remember to vote for the best and post what you thought of each. No bashing allowed. Just pure clean critique. Thank you

Piggle Humsy
Just gonna copy & paste my post from the 1st thread rather than type it again... coz I'm lazy! big grin

well done! clapping

justjakk
LOL, thanks PH. Now this should be a fair game.

justjakk
i did vote for myself cause i do think mine is better. you could say im biased, but i have a reason. when lil did hers, she did use the shap guide to make the trees and the eyes and other such things which did make the picture look good, but i think she could work a little more on the control of the mouse. she did, however, do a great job on the shading and effects of the clothing. that made it look almost like what you would see in an anime cartoon.

i on the other had used the spray paint tool in order to shade items and the sky as well as the grass and water with the red effect to it. my low points were i took her idea that we should both do and did it backwards. i should have started on the sky and came out, but it did work out in the end.

justjakk
this is a better redo, but is not entered in for the challenge. this was also done with the paint program and took me close to 30 minutes to complete. the sky was done first and the ground was added. i then took out the center of the land and made the lake and then the castle. this is exactly what i was talking about with my entree. if i had done that one lthe way i did this one, it would have looked alot better than it does.

Raven Guardia
I voted for Jakk, I like lilmiskittens...but I like jakk's better. The color use is good and I like the way you drew the girl in the picture.

lilmisskitten
Originally posted by justjakk
she did use the shape guide to make the trees and the eyes

I did the eyes by hand stick out tongue i wa sthinking of using the spray tool aswell but the n i decided to like you said have something from a an anime cartoon, i wanted the sharper picture and thats what i achived, i look it now and think i could of done more on the grass

i hope that in 11 years when i will be the same age as you, i will will be able to achieve the stasndered that you have managed to captivate within your art

As you said i voted for my own because i like mine more big grin i think you should of tryed shading the girl herself it would of cpateuerd a more reality in the girl

Hegemon875
justjakk, she has some perspective on the girl lil's girl is flat.

lilmisskitten
If you were standing in that postion you'd be flat to laughing out loud

hotsauce6548
Well, I have to say. After looking at both of them, I chose lil's. I liked the way she had a sharper image. Justjakk's style is cool, but I thought it was distracting to the overall picture. The girl's face seems a bit out of shape or something (I can't really tell what it is about the face that I don't like... erm), but I do like what you did with the body. The trees re well done with the spray tool, but what was with the white on the path? There was too much of it to achieve the desired effect that I believe you were going for. I lke the way you did the river/creek, but it seemed to mesh too well with the sky, and became rather confusing. The grass is very well done in jakk's, as is the castle. I do, however, think you should have tried some shading on the girl.

Nice work on the pic, though! thumb up

Lil's is attracted to me because of the aime style. Her colors are simple, and they do not distract from the painting itself. Her castle is very well done, especially the roses growing up the doorframe. What a nice touch! I love the hills with the trees, and the reddening sky was perfectly done. The water seemed a bit... I don't know... un-connected with the rest of the picture, if that makes sense. Almost like it was just plopped on there, but the path was nice.

Nice job on the pic, lil! thumb up

All in all, I would have to--like I said--choose lilmisskitten's picture! Great job! big grin

vaya_the_elf
Love the castle pic

justjakk
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Well, I have to say. After looking at both of them, I chose lil's. I liked the way she had a sharper image. Justjakk's style is cool, but I thought it was distracting to the overall picture. The girl's face seems a bit out of shape or something (I can't really tell what it is about the face that I don't like... erm), but I do like what you did with the body. The trees re well done with the spray tool, but what was with the white on the path? There was too much of it to achieve the desired effect that I believe you were going for. I lke the way you did the river/creek, but it seemed to mesh too well with the sky, and became rather confusing. The grass is very well done in jakk's, as is the castle. I do, however, think you should have tried some shading on the girl.

Nice work on the pic, though! thumb up

Lil's is attracted to me because of the aime style. Her colors are simple, and they do not distract from the painting itself. Her castle is very well done, especially the roses growing up the doorframe. What a nice touch! I love the hills with the trees, and the reddening sky was perfectly done. The water seemed a bit... I don't know... un-connected with the rest of the picture, if that makes sense. Almost like it was just plopped on there, but the path was nice.

Nice job on the pic, lil! thumb up

All in all, I would have to--like I said--choose lilmisskitten's picture! Great job! big grin

thank you for the critique...this will indeed raise my game...i will do another and hope to make it look better. that one i will place in my artwork thread....thanks again. i need a challenge every so often so i can sharpen my skills.

medd
jakks isnt even anime or if it is meant ot be anime
lilmisskittens ROCKS IT IS DA BEST rock rock rock rock

Coldfire
K well I have to say that I like jakk's better.... something in lil's just didn't appeal to me for some reason (tho don't get me wrong, it is good)

smile

Lana
I have to say I liked lil's better...I liked the shading and detail in the girl, especially the hair.

With Jakk's I didn't like the spray-brush thing, it just makes it look grainy and messy.

SaTsuJiN
I like lil's a bit more because it has a very Legend of Zelda feeling to it.. like those snes rpg maps.. and the shading on the girls hair is nice..

Jakks is good too.. but as Lana mentioned, the spray makes it look messy unless its zoomed out..so in this case the girl character seems to be on a different plane of existence in a way.. I do like the gloomy feeling from the reds and everything though smile

can you both do another drawing, but no spray can or shaping tools?
(just pencil, paintbrush and bucket maybe?)

Darth_Rankkor
I've voted for JJ but it's a bit difficult to chose cause both are great. I like the mistical ambient that JJ had in his drawing which made me vote in him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.