Things you just dont understand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gotham Girl
I dont understan how only 2 people adam and eve, made 580098098270719498 people on the earth, and all different races, and after the flood, it happened again.

Woman are treated like crap in the bible.
Adam and Eve are white people.
No Black people in the bible.

Racist christian and slavery.

Woman had no rights

They say pray for help, but then something worse happens. Some people are born retarted( what did that =child do to deserve it).

Well there 500000 more I could list, but you get the idea. Post what you dont get in here, and maybe people could try to answer it.

xmarksthespot
If I remember correctly it says somewhere that if a man rapes a virgin she is obligated to marry him. What the f**k?

Shakyamunison
Between 2500 & 3000 years ago Buddha taught his greatest teaching, this is the Lotus Sutra. In this sutra Buddha proclaimed that women would receive enlightenment the same as men.

Gotham Girl
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
If I remember correctly it says somewhere that if a man rapes a virgin she is obligated to marry him. What the f**k?

My words exactly What the f**k?

cking
yep, some people just never understand.

Shakyamunison
This is what I don't understand: an Omnipotent God, all knowing and all powerful, there is nothing that God can not do.
Can God sin?
This is were Christianity fall on it's face.
No Gad can't sin.
Then there are things that Gad can not do? There is nothing God can not do.
Well, you can't have it both ways, but I guess God can.

cking
I could give info on that, but I don't like those comments and so I won't.

cking
not replying to you but to someone else.

Gotham Girl
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
This is what I don't understand: an Omnipotent God, all knowing and all powerful, there is nothing that God can not do.
Can God sin?
This is were Christianity fall on it's face.
No Gad can't sin.
Then there are things that Gad can not do? There is nothing God can not do.
Well, you can't have it both ways, but I guess God can.

There is nothing God cant do, but there are things he chooses not to do.

Gotham Girl
Originally posted by cking
not replying to you but to someone else.

Who

cking
it is based on belief and if you believe it then you will understand all of it and if you don't then you won't, simple as that. if you read it more closely then you will get more answers than questions.

Gotham Girl
I believe in it, but I dont understand it. Thats why they have churches to teach you, its not just oh if you believe in it,, you automaticaly understand it.

cking
nobody, just a useless post, my have thought of something, my mistake, so what do you want to know about it? you can ask me.

cking
what do you not understand?

Gotham Girl
Everything in my first post

xmarksthespot
Continuity error lol.
Genesis 35:10- And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
Genesis 46:2- And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I.

I couldn't be bothered starting a new thread so...
Question: Does one have to believe in The Bible to believe in (the Christian) God? If so why?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Gotham Girl
There is nothing God cant do, but there are things he chooses not to do.

If God knows all, then why did he let it all happen the way it did. A great artist is know by his/her work. The universe, according to the bible, is retched and full of sin, if this is God's work then he is not yet a master.

Shakyamunison
A woman will never receive equality in Christianity.

cking
God gave him that name because he wrestled with an angel and he wouldn't let him until he blessed him so the angel struck his hip and hit was out of place, so God named him isreal because he wrestled with both man and God and won. to this day true jewish people don't eat the hip part of lamb because that is where God struck him and they do this for his memory. people don't have to believe in the bible in order for salvation, but jesus who is the core of the bible, the man who died for mankind's sin so man could have a relationship with God without sin. He is the backbone of the bible. God let the things the way they are because in the end jesus will comeback and make things all new again. He is going to let the evil one have fun with the world but he won't last. He does this to test our faith towards the end and the ones who never give up with be given the crown of glory. it all gets better in the end, but first the worst must happen before the good can happen.

Gotham Girl
If God knows all, then why did he let it all happen the way it did. A great artist is know by his/her work. The universe, according to the bible, is retched and full of sin, if this is God's work then he is not yet a master.

The lord moves in mysterious ways, and its our fault we ****ed things up, bu eating the forbidden fruit

cking
not true, women in christianity will always be respected as the same as men. most women in the bible are middle eastern it is a custom to do so. most don't care aslong as they abuse them, women gave all the rights to man to deal with. they don't care aslong as they get what they want from the man so they do. in genesis it said that the woman will have great affection for the man and do what so ever to please him. this custom still applies to most countries.

cking
if we didn't eat the apple then we would all be sinless and be immortal, which means we can't die.

Gotham Girl
God gave him that name because he wrestled with an angel and he wouldn't let him until he blessed him so the angel struck his hip and hit was out of place, so God named him isreal because he wrestled with both man and God and won. to this day true jewish people don't eat the hip part of lamb because that is where God struck him and they do this for his memory. people don't have to believe in the bible in order for salvation, but jesus who is the core of the bible, the man who died for mankind's sin so man could have a relationship with God without sin. He is the backbone of the bible. God let the things the way they are because in the end jesus will comeback and make things all new again. He is going to let the evil one have fun with the world but he won't last. He does this to test our faith towards the end and the ones who never give up with be given the crown of glory. it all gets better in the end, but first the worst must happen before the good can happen.

I noticed in the world the good people suffer the most. Cking Could i ask you more questions.

cking
go ahead

Gotham Girl
go ahead

Ok dont leave, Im going to type a series of questions.

cking
I'll still be here.

Shakyamunison
not true, women in christianity will always be respected as the same as men. most women in the bible are middle eastern it is a custom to do so. most don't care aslong as they abuse them, women gave all the rights to man to deal with. they don't care aslong as they get what they want from the man so they do. in genesis it said that the woman will have great affection for the man and do what so ever to please him. this custom still applies to most countries.

I'm not talking about the bible, I'm talking about today in the church, now. They hide it, and cover it with words, but the only thing that a woman is for, in the eyes of the church, is to have children. A woman will never be given power in the church.

Gotham Girl
Ok

Well you see how people dress. My friends wear the most revieling things at school, and out side on purpose. Skirt to short, Tight pants low cut shirt, you know the works. Some others call the kids that are how can I say, less popular, names, and make funny of them, say they have no life, loser, nerd, cant get a boyfriend/girlfriend,ugly,. Also is like making out (agressively like people do on the street).

Is just trying to go out with some one just for sex or to be popular
is going oy with alot of people and go dancing and you know flirting with alot of people.

Is kissing another girl

Sex before marrage or having sex when your a teenage just for fun.

Is cursing

Is sending a signal to a guiy that you like him when you realy dont, andor using him just to make yourself look better.

add a sin to like all of the non completed sentences

This is just random things that I see in my school.

I have more religous bible like questions, but thats for another time, this is just for today and what i see.

cking
oh yes they will. that is an old belief for women just to have children, women have been gaining more power in the church.

Gotham Girl
I'm not talking about the bible, I'm talking about today in the church, now. They hide it, and cover it with words, but the only thing that a woman is for, in the eyes of the church, is to have children. A woman will never be given power in the church.

Yeah it does seem that way, doesnt it.

cking
first of all, what kind of group is this? surely those people have stopped making fun of them. Still that not good to dress like that and that will give them a bad rap around people. They should dress normal and not get attention that way. when you got on a date, you should never do it because of popularity, or just sex, you need to do it because you love that person. true love is loving the person the way they and sex and popularity is not. sex is only for marriage and was never intended for dates, but people still abuse the system. dancing and all that stuff is ok and flirting ok alright, but never go the extreme and it will end up more than just flirting. some is ok but not too much. kissing another girl is not good and is isn't normal, you are better off kissing a guy. I'm talking about french kissing not just a regular kiss. sex before marriage is fornification and it is a sin because it is outside of marriage and most people who do it don't know what the consquences are. it depends on what type of cursing if you say god's name in vain then it is a sin, but regular cursing is a sin if you direct it to someone, but still the fact is it is all a sin. using a person just to make yourself look better is wrong and using signals to a guy you don't know is, well you are better off just asking the guys name before you do anything else.

cking
remember, temptation is the key in this.

Gotham Girl
remember, temptation is the key in this.

Thanks alot.

Also second questions

1. God aint racist/sexist right
2. They say on the discovery channel that Mary had more children. So why is she still called the virgin mary.
3. Is ok not to go to church, beacuse you dont trust it, I mean if you see the priest smoking, cursing, and drinking, why should I go and believe anything he says.
4. Does God realy hear our prays, and if he does, does he help even a littel tiny little help, when we ask him .

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, I realy apreciate it.

cking
God is all powerful all good the only thing he can't do is sin. mary was a virgin unti after jesus birth, she had other children, but the catholics call her that for some reason, of course she had sexual relations after jesus birth, if not then none of his brothers would exist. going to church is not is not for everyone, it is a group of believers coming to pray and worship together. if you see a pastor smoking, cursing, and drinking then he must not be a pastor after all and if he does in your church, then you better off finding another chruch, I see that chruch going down pretty soon if that is the case. you probably shouldn't believe that pastor, it is so hard being a pastor because they are always being ridiculed, they are suppose to set a good example and doing this is not helping, so you should go and ask another one instead, I have no idea what they do behind our backs, still you should trust another preacher instead. God does hear our prayers, he does help, one of God's greatest gifts is unanswered prayers, that means it will be answered in the future instead of now, you must be patient and if you aren't then you will never receive it. God will do it by his time, not by our time. It also depends on what you are praying to him about, if you pray to him with all your heart, then you will receive it, but if you don't then you won't. people ask the wrong things like money, popularity, wanting someone dead, a good example is when you read where solomon was asking more wisdom so he could rule better and so God gave him wisdom because he didn't ask the things I have listed. your welcome, those were really good questions.

cking
may god be with you always.

xmarksthespot
One can not be omnipotent and have limitations. That is illogical. Either God can sin or he is not omnipotent.

cking
read the posts more and you will understand.

Gotham Girl
God is all powerful all good the only thing he can't do is sin. mary was a virgin unti after jesus birth, she had other children, but the catholics call her that for some reason, of course she had sexual relations after jesus birth, if not then none of his brothers would exist. going to church is not is not for everyone, it is a group of believers coming to pray and worship together. if you see a pastor smoking, cursing, and drinking then he must not be a pastor after all and if he does in your church, then you better off finding another chruch, I see that chruch going down pretty soon if that is the case. you probably shouldn't believe that pastor, it is so hard being a pastor because they are always being ridiculed, they are suppose to set a good example and doing this is not helping, so you should go and ask another one instead, I have no idea what they do behind our backs, still you should trust another preacher instead. God does hear our prayers, he does help, one of God's greatest gifts is unanswered prayers, that means it will be answered in the future instead of now, you must be patient and if you aren't then you will never receive it. God will do it by his time, not by our time. It also depends on what you are praying to him about, if you pray to him with all your heart, then you will receive it, but if you don't then you won't. people ask the wrong things like money, popularity, wanting someone dead, a good example is when you read where solomon was asking more wisdom so he could rule better and so God gave him wisdom because he didn't ask the things I have listed. your welcome, those were really good questions.

Good advice , thanks.

Ok A quetion from my friend.
Is being a virgin ok.
Also If your a nun are you aloud to have sex, why or why not.
Is abortion right
Is a condom right( I think if you use a condom then your just having sex for fun)
Is adobting a child wrong.
If your sorry for things, are you forgiven

cking
it is ok to be a virgin. in the catholic religion, nuns don't have sex for some reason, I don't know. abortion is wrong! killing innocent people is crazy! if you are married and going to have sex, yes it can be used because many years from now the whole planet will be infected with STDS. adobting a child is not wrong. if you are sorry for things, then you aren't, until you pray for forgiveness.

Gotham Girl
Thanks again. Ok more questions. Killings a sin right, so why did God flood the earth killing people.

cking
killing a human is wrong, but if god is making a judgement on a person who has killed another person, then he will be killed because of his sin, this talks about this in the jewish law. an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. God flooded the earth because he saw every human heart, and saw how evil it was and that it had not potential to be good and it was bent on evil all the time. so God make judgement based on their sin and so they were destroyed. all sin leads to both spiritual and physical death.

xmarksthespot
Abortion is wrong... how simplistic.

How about we ask some harder ethical dilemmas?

What do you define as "people"? (Have you studied embryogenesis? Are you a medical professional?) A fertilised egg where the male and female pronuclei have yet to fuse? A zygote? A morula?

If one is to assume as you have that abortion is killing an innocent "person" i.e. homicide is a spontaneous miscarriage an act of involuntary manslaughter? Do these spontaneous miscarriages that often go unnoticed among the normal shedding of the uterine lining have "souls" (in the Christian sense) too?

How about the 12 year old girl who's raped by an uncle. She is at 28 days. The child is likely to have some sort of homozygous recessive genetic disorder. Physiologically she would be unable to carry the child to term, it would endanger both their health and if she even carries it part way she is likely to permanently damage her internal reproductive organs. Is abortion wrong?

Gotham Girl
killing a human is wrong, but if god is making a judgement on a person who has killed another person, then he will be killed because of his sin, this talks about this in the jewish law. an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. God flooded the earth because he saw every human heart, and saw how evil it was and that it had not potential to be good and it was bent on evil all the time. so God make judgement based on their sin and so they were destroyed. all sin leads to both spiritual and physical death.

Thats prety harsh. If you are good but your family and friends are evil, how ccan you be happy in heaven

Gotham Girl
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Abortion is wrong... how simplistic.

How about we ask some harder ethical dilemmas?

What do you define as "people"? (Have you studied embryogenesis? Are you a medical professional?) A fertilised egg where the male and female pronuclei have yet to fuse? A zygote? A morula?

If one is to assume as you have that abortion is killing an innocent "person" i.e. homicide is a spontaneous miscarriage an act of involuntary manslaughter? Do these spontaneous miscarriages that often go unnoticed among the normal shedding of the uterine lining have "souls" (in the Christian sense) too?

How about the 12 year old girl who's raped by an uncle. She is at 28 days. The child is likely to have some sort of homozygous recessive genetic disorder. Physiologically she would be unable to carry the child to term, it would endanger both their health and if she even carries it part way she is likely to permanently damage her internal reproductive organs. Is abortion wrong?

If having sex willingly then I think its wrong, but by force then you know.

cking
I can't answer any of those, ask someone else.

cking
in heaven a person is always happy, no such things as crying, pain, curising, or sin, everything has passed away and the new life begins in heaven that will never end. you have a different conscious and you don't have have bad thoughts or past thougths anymore.

Gotham Girl
I can't answer any of those, ask someone else.

O come on, you were on a role, atleast tell me your opinion

cking
I can't I don't know.

Gotham Girl
I can't I don't know.

ok

Lord Darkstar
to the person that asked how Adam and Eve could create all 6 billion people on the planet, well actually if you believe in evolution you have a much bigger problem than I do since you believe that all 6 billion people in the world today came from a rock (the world started as a ball of lava, cooled down, formed a hard rocky crust and then it rained on the rocks, eventually it turned the rocks to soup and then life was created).

Also, if the world is 4 billion years old, then the population should be well over 6 billion people, back in the 1800's the worlds population was around 1 billion, almost all people agree with that, so if humans have been around for billions of years, there should be trillions of people.

Also, if you believe in the big bang, you have many different problems that I don't have, for instance, where did the dirt come to create all this? where did the energy come to start the spinning? who created the laws that govern the earth/solar system etc. Also, since in the big bang everything exploded after spinning, then everything should be spinning the same way (the law of conservation of angular momentum, PM me if you want an explaination or if you have any questions about anything actually). However, several planets spin the wrong way, several moons spin the wrong way, some moons even orbit backwards, that alone helps prove the big bang theory wrong.

Another thing that helps to prove the big bang theory wrong is the moon, it is gradually getting farther and farther away (couple inches a year, not much but it is moving away), however if the moon is moving away, then it used to be closer, if you bring it to where it would have been 4 billion years ago, then the tides would be simply massive, actually, if you brought the moon back in even just a few million years, the tides would drown everything on earth twice a day, meaning that humans did not live millions of years ago, they would have died.

Also the earth is slowing down, again not much (just milli-seconds every year), but it is. However, this again means it used to be moving faster, so if you say the earth is a few million years old, then live could simply not exist (the corelosis effect and several otehr reasons), actually, if you think that people lived millions or billions of years ago, I can tell you what happened to them, they got blown off.

There are many other things that help prove that evolution is not true and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to PM me thanks and god bless

mr.smiley
I don't see why people pounder these Bible questions so much.The Bible is nothing more than a flawed book filled with carbon copy mythology taken from people such as the Pythogoreans.We need to look at these stories less in a historical context and more in the mythological sense they where originaly ment to be taken.

debbiejo
"THINGS YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND?"

Why aren't my socks in pairs after the dryer.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
"THINGS YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND?"

Why aren't my socks in pairs after the dryer.

Everybody knows the answer to that; the sock gnomes.

They are an offshoot of the underwear gnomes.

fini
to add....they live next door to the underwear gnomes. Hasn't South Park taught you anything??!

and for my laugh this morning I quote Lord Darkstar

not wanting to be rude, BUT dont you know anything?!?! "Human" and their direct ancestors have been on the planet for a few million years ONLY.

AND you have got to go and learn a bit of physics to explain the moon drifting away and its connection to Big Bang.( where there IS NO connection btw)

finti
I dont understand why the hell you made this thread wink

Deano
I dont understan how only 2 people adam and eve, made 580098098270719498 people on the earth, and all different races, and after the flood, it happened again.

Woman are treated like crap in the bible.
Adam and Eve are white people.
No Black people in the bible.

Racist christian and slavery.

Woman had no rights

They say pray for help, but then something worse happens. Some people are born retarted( what did that =child do to deserve it).

Well there 500000 more I could list, but you get the idea. Post what you dont get in here, and maybe people could try to answer it.

the answer is simple

the bible is total bollocks

mr.smiley
Thats prety harsh. If you are good but your family and friends are evil, how ccan you be happy in heaven

The best thing I can tell you is to think outside your little box.A lot of people have a problem with this,but once you actualy think outside of the Bible things become so much clearer.

debbiejo
yes

Shakyamunison
yes

Did he say "think outside your little box"?

laughing out loud laughing

debbiejo
laughing out loud I saw "Once you actually think outside the Bible"....

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud I saw "Once you actually think outside the Bible"....

But that can't be taken dirty. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.