Hawkeye vs Taskmaster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Wanderer259
Taskmaster is much more versatile than Hawkeye. Not to mention that he can use a bow just like his opponent.

Taskmaster wins.

DrDoom
Yeah, he could probably take most of the street level Avengers one on one.

Nataku8188
Have you seen what Taskmaster did to Hawkeye in that avengers issue? It was shameful.

Laminator_X
Taskmaster has more tricks up his sleeve, but Hawkeye has more battle experience and can improvise (something Tasky cant do). Taskmaster had the better of their first engagement, but Clint has his number now. This would be closer than you might think.

Scoobless
Taskmaster can improvise as well as anyone else... but Hawkeye is usually armed with a wider variety of weapons and is extremely proficient in their use

i'd say both are capable of winning.... but TM takes 7/10

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Taskmaster has more tricks up his sleeve, but Hawkeye has more battle experience and can improvise (something Tasky cant do). Taskmaster had the better of their first engagement, but Clint has his number now. This would be closer than you might think.

How the hell do you figure has more battle experience or improvisation?

Taskmaster has an energy generator that can mimic almost anything, he's mastered the fighting styles of all the big name fighters, and knows Hawkeye's as good as his bow and arrows. Which, when you know how they fight, aren't as effective, considering he can easily tell how he's going to shoot and how to deal with it.

Taskmaster wins 8/10

Laminator_X
I'm not dismissing Taskmaster's impressive abilities. I loved his mini, and the Avengers issue with TM vs Hawkeye and Antman-Lang was the second comic I ever bought.

When I say he's got less experience, I'm talking about the fact that he coasts on his reflexes and actively avoids confrontations. That's his shtick, he rarely even tries to go the distance. He runs away because he's smart. He usually doesn't commit any crimes himself, just run his schools in small towns with no superheroes. Brilliant! Contrast that with someone like Hawkeye who's basically been actively adventuring his entire adult life, been to Hell and back (twice), fought in interstellar wars, come back from the dead (twice), delivered the coup de grace to Krona, and so forth. There's a big difference.

When I say he can't improvise I mean his bag of tricks, though enourmously vast, it limited to what he's seen. He doesn't innovate or improve on his own. The best he can do is synthesize, though that's still a lot. For all his talk, he's not as good a bowman as Clint nor as good a fighter as Cap. He doesn't know all their moves, and can't develop new ones on the fly the way a savant like Clint can. He could never have handled She-Hulk the way Clint did when they fought in Death's realm (unless he watched it, but I don't think there were news crews there).

I hope he turns out to be "Ronin" in New Avengers. Maybe Stark could just hire him. Ha.

willRules
Taskmaster wins this one in my opinion........

K3VIL
Taskmaster may win if he has a variety of arrows at his disposal, otherways, Clint takes this.
He has any sort of trick arrow in his sleeve, explosive arrows, gas arrows, sonic arrows, flame arrows, em pulse arrows, etc.

Scoobless
he carries a wider variety of stuff than Batman.... and Batman has infinite storage capacity in his belt..... confused

roll eyes (sarcastic)

willRules
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.