RoboCop vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Robocop gets no respect round here....

MERCILOUS
Which version of Robocop is it?

grey fox
hmmmmmmm

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by grey fox
hmmmmmmm

exactly.

grey fox
BUMP

Pointinel
ok ima go out my way and say logan

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Pointinel
ok ima go out my way and say logan

It would have been more helpful if you also gave a reason, I'm gonna contradict you Because Robocop's cooler. I say he's sturdy and resourceful enough to put the weasle down.

jrodslam
Robocop wins!

Does he get the BEHAVE YOURSELVES! cannon from Robocop 2 or the long barreled cannon from Robocop 1? Or just his regular DE?

Although Wolverine may have a chance of slicing through the armor. This is actually kinda close. Im still voting for Murph though.

MERCILOUS
Yeah, Murphy's too cool to lose to Wolvie. Wolvie would go *snikt* and Murphy would go "drop it" and shoot Wolvie in the eye.

CorderaMitchell
I was going to do robocop vs. something, if I could only remember...

apoc001
It doesn't matter what Robocop it is, Wolverine would own him! Wolverine once (maybe more than once) survived a barrage of bullets from like 2000 people. He'd just run in with his head down and tear through Robocrap like nothing.

Pointinel
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

*hugs apoc like the way vito corleone hugged tataglia in GODFATHER 1*

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by apoc001
It doesn't matter what Robocop it is, Wolverine would own him! Wolverine once (maybe more than once) survived a barrage of bullets from like 2000 people. He'd just run in with his head down and tear through Robocrap like nothing.

And he's lost to worse...

Don't go by poor writing examples...

All I have to say is, how is wolvie getting close?

apoc001
cause he's FREAKIN WOLVERINE

CorderaMitchell
Oh I forgot...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by apoc001
cause he's FREAKIN WOLVERINE

Ah yes. The most used reason for how Wolverine can win his fights.

EsteemedLeader
does robocop have his jetpack?

Metalmanx
Doesn't matter. Robocop has PRECISION accuracy. He'll fire two shots, one into each of Wolverine's eyes. While Wolvie is spazzing uncontrollably from the pain, he puts another couple in his lungs. Then maybe one in the neck. And as the eyes start to grow back, another two in the eyes.

Wolverine will get nowhere near him.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Ah yes. The most used reason for how Wolverine can win his fights.

indeed

Onikirimaru
Robocop. Wolverine doesnt even have the close range skills to take on Robocop, remember the time Robocop tagged with Sting?

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
Robocop. Wolverine doesnt even have the close range skills to take on Robocop, remember the time Robocop tagged with Sting?

but he's wolverine...

DarkCrawler
Yeah, his arms can move with the speed of sound...his wounds heal before the opponent can finish his attack...he can cut through anything even though he doesn't have the strenght to do that...and he has beaten the Hulk, which means that he can automatically beat anyone...and he is master in martial arts which gives him a win against every opponent.

Onikirimaru
But he is friends with STING

As funny as it seems, this is not a doctored photo.

black robb
Yeah, his arms can move with the speed of sound...his wounds heal before the opponent can finish his attack...he can cut through anything even though he doesn't have the strenght to do that...and he has beaten the Hulk, which means that he can automatically beat anyone...and he is master in martial arts which gives him a win against every opponent. Plus all he has to do is touch somebody with a claw for them to die

EsteemedLeader
i think sting could beat wolverine

CorderaMitchell
Yeah, his arms can move with the speed of sound...his wounds heal before the opponent can finish his attack...he can cut through anything even though he doesn't have the strenght to do that...and he has beaten the Hulk, which means that he can automatically beat anyone...and he is master in martial arts which gives him a win against every opponent.

Here:

Below are my tested and proved top ten signs of a wolverine fanboy:

1. Brings up Wolvie feats, but can't explain how they'd logically work.

2. Uses insults as a last defense, because the fanboy feels that it makes them look smart, and right about what they're saying.

3. Thrives off Wolvie feats and biased info, Wolverine fights his best, while everyone else gets a handicap.

4. Thinks Wolverine beats everyone because he is Weapon X.

5. Has a HUGE distaste for spidey and his supporters, as he's in Wolverine's way to #1.

6. Has the grammar of a kindergartener.

7. Gets mad when logic is used againt them.

8. Are the same people in every Wolverine thread.

9. Thinks every superhero is jealous of Wolverine.

10. Thinks Wolverine can easily beat Namor.

11. Thinks Wolverine can beat carnage.

12. Thinks Wolverine can beat godzilla.

13. Thinks Wolverine can jump 50 feet in the air.

15. Thinks Wolverine can move faster than the eye can see.

16. Thinks Wolverine rivals the hulk.

17. Thinks Wolverine has superhuman strength AND speed.

18. Thinks Wolverine can beat Flash.

19. Thinks Wolverine beats ANY brawler.

20. Thinks Wolverine emits a special field that makes everyone fight in the position that best suits him, and he always gets a hit in, and its ALWAYS fatal.

If the opponent shows any of the following systems, its best to log off thread threadand avoid using anymore logic with them.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by black robb
Plus all he has to do is touch somebody with a claw for them to die

Damn, you good...

black robb
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Damn, you good... of course

CorderaMitchell
of course

You forgot he jumps 50 ft in the air...

Onikirimaru
Sting could slap the Scorpion Deathlock on Wolverine and make him tap out. He'd tap out really fast too, since his arms move at the speed of sound. And then Robo cop would shoot him in the face.

More on topic, didnt robocop get a jet pack in 3, so he could just fly around shooting Wolverine until he taps.

black robb
You forgot he jumps 50 ft in the air... And can kill God just by saying bub

CorderaMitchell
And can kill God just by saying bub

He can kill the ocean with a stab...

CorderaMitchell
Sting could slap the Scorpion Deathlock on Wolverine and make him tap out. He'd tap out really fast too, since his arms move at the speed of sound. And then Robo cop would shoot him in the face.

More on topic, didnt robocop get a jet pack in 3, so he could just fly around shooting Wolverine until he taps.

wolvigod cannot be hurt...

apoc001
depending on where they are. If they're outside then yeah he could fly around. But if they're indoors then Wolverine could just launch himself at him.

black robb
He can kill the ocean with a stab... ...and split the earth with his urine...

CorderaMitchell
...and split the earth with his urine...

I think the normal one can do that, hes a smelly bastard.

He can slice dimensions too...

EsteemedLeader
and dont forget him sneezing and putting out the sun

CorderaMitchell
And regenerating from a molecule...

black robb
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
and dont forget him sneezing and putting out the sun and taking a bite out of Uranus

CorderaMitchell
He can fly too, he has jetpacks in his femurs.

EsteemedLeader
and reproducing with that goat.......... oh yeah right i forgot! what makes this so special is the fact that it was a MALE goat

black robb
He can fly too, he has jetpacks in his femurs. and a laser cannon in his wiener

EsteemedLeader
and a laser cannon in his wiener

like wolvigod?

Onikirimaru
And Apocalypse gave him sunglasses that can shoot hillbillies at people.

CorderaMitchell
and reproducing with that goat.......... oh yeah right i forgot! what makes this so special is the fact that it was a MALE goat

damn who woulda thunk??

EsteemedLeader
hey, remember when wolverine beat dr. strange? of course not! it never happened! laughing

black robb
And Apocalypse gave him sunglasses that can shoot hillbillies at people. and a hat that turns into a helicopter,like Inspector Gadget

black robb
hey, remember when wolverine beat dr. strange? of course not! it never happened! laughing But he could cuz he has the secret magic word Bub

EsteemedLeader
yes, bub is the secret to all existance. thats why hes the only person who says it. oh wait, thats not why, its cause its a stupid saying big grin

MERCILOUS
You jerks, you turned this from a pleasant thread into a Wolvie Bashing session. 10000 post of this Mitch? You should be ashamed.

jostopholees
Wolverine wins.

1. robocop is rediculously slow.

2. Wolverine has been trained in many fighting styles, including ninjitsu.

3. We saw what a slow ROBOT ninja did to robocop in part 3. Someone said something earlier about wolverine not even getting close to robo. If roboninja can, wolverine can.

4. Even with precision shooting, wolvie heals. Adamantium laced bones prevent any bullets hitting vital organs.

Creshosk
Okay, okay. We understand you hate the character. But is that any reason to spam up every thread that mentions him?

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
You jerks, you turned this from a pleasant thread into a Wolvie Bashing session. 10000 post of this Mitch? You should be ashamed.

Please, i post everywhere, its better than nutswinging posts.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Creshosk
Okay, okay. We understand you hate the character. But is that any reason to spam up every thread that mentions him?

Why do all the fanboys say this?

Merc "hates" wolverine too, or have you forgot?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by jostopholees
Wolverine wins.

1. robocop is rediculously slow.

2. Wolverine has been trained in many fighting styles, including ninjitsu.

3. We saw what a slow ROBOT ninja did to robocop in part 3. Someone said something earlier about wolverine not even getting close to robo. If roboninja can, wolverine can.

4. Even with precision shooting, wolvie heals. Adamantium laced bones prevent any bullets hitting vital organs.

Actually, not really. Your skeleton only covers some of your organs, and even then, they're just ribs guarding them. Robocop has shot through a guy's eyeball THROUGH a sniper scope, without even looking.

He can easily take two shots, hit each of Wolvie's eyes, watch him stagger in pain, and when he starts to heal, hit him in the intestines a bit, maybe shoot through a rib at the lung, and then take out the eye balls again. Wolvie's not getting anywhere near him.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Actually, not really. Your skeleton only covers some of your organs, and even then, they're just ribs guarding them. Robocop has shot through a guy's eyeball THROUGH a sniper scope, without even looking.

He can easily take two shots, hit each of Wolvie's eyes, watch him stagger in pain, and when he starts to heal, hit him in the intestines a bit, maybe shoot through a rib at the lung, and then take out the eye balls again. Wolvie's not getting anywhere near him. Actually pain doesn't seem to phase him that much. . . he did after all charge through a hail storm of adamantium bullets to get the guys that destroyed his bike.

black robb
Okay, okay. We understand you hate the character. But is that any reason to spam up every thread that mentions him? I dont hate Wolvie i just like making fun Wolvie fanboys

DigiMark007
Too much bashing...a lot of it may be true, but we don't have to make new members feel like crap if they defend Wolverine....there's better ways to handle it.

Amidst the bashing there's actually a regular thread here though, so I won't close this unless it devolves even more.

Metalmanx
Actually pain doesn't seem to phase him that much. . . he did after all charge through a hail storm of adamantium bullets to get the guys that destroyed his bike.

So...you don't believe a pair of bullets lodged in Wolvie's eyeballs would slow him down at all?

MERCILOUS
Please, i post everywhere, its better than nutswinging posts.

This is exactly what I mean, nothing to say. And you accuse me of "nutswinging" we all know you're the pro around here Mitch, your daddy taught you well.

MERCILOUS
Actually pain doesn't seem to phase him that much. . . he did after all charge through a hail storm of adamantium bullets to get the guys that destroyed his bike.

Sure but there's a difference between getting hit in the skeleton by a bunch of bullets and getting hit in the brain.

Creshosk
So...you don't believe a pair of bullets lodged in Wolvie's eyeballs would slow him down at all? I didn't say that. I just said that he has a high pain threshold

Sure but there's a difference between getting hit in the skeleton by a bunch of bullets and getting hit in the brain. Brain?

http://www.bio.psu.edu/people/faculty/strauss/anatomy/skel/pics/Anterior%20Skull%20copy.jpg

MERCILOUS
I didn't say that. I just said that he has a high pain threshold

Brain?

http://www.bio.psu.edu/people/faculty/strauss/anatomy/skel/pics/Anterior%20Skull%20copy.jpg

The nose is cartilage and that isn't the fairest angle to my arguement.

Creshosk
The nose is cartilage and that isn't the fairest angle to my arguement. Wouldn't that be the angle he'd be shot at?

Unless RC's flying in which case the angle would be worse for entering the nose.

MERCILOUS
Wouldn't that be the angle he'd be shot at?

Unless RC's flying in which case the angle would be worse for entering the nose.

You're just too good Cresh. You win this portion of the arguement.

Either way, if he gets him in the eye, a richochet might end up in the brain and even if it didn't, it couldn't be the most pleasing effect I could imagine.

Hit_and_Miss
robo cop could snap wolverines neck.... its not fused together. and if i remember hulk killed him that way.

Grammaton
Robocop unquestionably. No fear, no pain, precision targetting, cybernetic enhanced strength, high durability, computer enhanced brain, potentially immortal?

Wolverine has no chance. And yes I do realise his claws could do some damage - but after the onslaught of ED - 209 and Cain (who he still beat)i'm sure getting scratched up isn't going to be a problem.

jinzin
I'm sorry but going by the movies 1 2 and 3. robocop loses..I know he's cool and all..but seriously..remember what happened to him in r1? things don't look good for him here.

Grammaton
Erm...why not?

So you think Wolverine would fare better against ED 209 or Cain?

jinzin
well...............yes. pretty much....brute strength.........nope that won't work. machine gun fire?..........possibly, but most likely not...........and armor? well unless it's made out of adamantium it's not gonna hold up.....

Grammaton
Exactly why do think brute strength wouldnt work against Wolverine?...I know about Wolverine's healing factor - Precision machine gun fire vs. man with claws?...No matter how strong Wolverine's claws are - he only has the strength of a normal human being - having an unbreakable metal coating on your skeleton does not mean you can slice through anything and everything. You need the strength to back it up.

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Grammaton
Exactly why do think brute strength wouldnt work against Wolverine?...I know about Wolverine's healing factor - Precision machine gun fire vs. man with claws?...No matter how strong Wolverine's claws are - he only has the strength of a normal human being - having an unbreakable metal coating on your skeleton does not mean you can slice through anything and everything. You need the strength to back it up.

Yes, but here in lies the problem with Wolverine. There has been times where he could slice through anything, and there have been times where his claws were based on strength. Which power level is Wolverine really at? We dont know.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
robo cop could snap wolverines neck.... its not fused together. and if i remember hulk killed him that way. Hulk is probably MUCH stronger than Robocop. . and spiderman didn't break his neck when he hit him at the right angle and with enough force to do so, back then it was a 10 ton strencth character hitting him.

How strong is Robocop?

Alexis_88
pretty strong but slow....

Alexis_88
kool

jrodslam
Robocop isnt slow. Slower than Wolverine yes, but not slow.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Grammaton
Erm...why not?

So you think Wolverine would fare better against ED 209 or Cain?

Asking the wrong person...

CorderaMitchell
This is exactly what I mean, nothing to say. And you accuse me of "nutswinging" we all know you're the pro around here Mitch, your daddy taught you well.

Is creshosk putting you in a good mood again?

jks

He can easily take two shots, hit each of Wolvie's eyes, watch him stagger in pain, and when he starts to heal, hit him in the intestines a bit, maybe shoot through a rib at the lung, and then take out the eye balls again. Wolvie's not getting anywhere near him. Sorry, but wolvie's been hit by a barrage of fire from multiple enemies, yet kept coming, nevermind the fact that wolvie is much stealthier than robo, which would let him sneak up on him.

jks
Hulk is probably MUCH stronger than Robocop. . Probably?

jinzin
I don't see robocop being any more battle effective than a sentinal....sentinals were designed to take down cyk, jean, iceman, and beast....wolverine's cleaved hrough his share of those with enough ease...

also in the lazurus project story arch...wolverine was stacked up against a robot who possessed a gifted fighting ability, strategic tragectory assessment skills, had armor that wolverine couldn't cut through at first, and a robotic healing factor that memiced wolverine's.

durin their second encounter wolverine got pissed and finally had enough of the damned robot....then he found he could cut it with ease while pissed off...he kep slicing it, it kept repairing itself....he said he'd keep at it all day until he hit something vital.....that's exactly what happened and he put the robot at his mercy....

finally there was shiva..another robot fighter...shiva had armor that was claimed as being second to adamantium (or second rate adamantium I can't remember which), he had super speed, enhanced reflexes, flame throwers, rockets, lassers, super strength...(far stronger than sabretooth so probably about the class 10 range)...and...."the triggers" some sort of energy emitor that tapped into wolverine's and sabretooths brains and released a bunch of reality altering memories that were painful beyond desctription...the triggers were created as a failsafe to completely nutralize the weapon x projects....YET...both wolverine and sabretooth over came the triggers in their respective fights wih different shiva robots (just thought I'd clear that up as they never fought shiva together, rather 1 on 1.). FINALLY...shiva not only had a program which had downloaded wolverine's fighting style, making him able to predict wolverine's movements....he also had a program which allowed him to make revisements in his system....thus...you can never kill shiva the same way twice...of course that didn't quite matter all that much to wolverine as he ripped it into a pile of debris on several occasions...

sorry, but I just fail to see how a slow guy with considerably less strength than wolverine's average foe, and a reliance on bullets to bring logan down is going to win...all things considered.

Creshosk
You do have a point there. . . Wolverine has dealt with gun people pleanty of times in the past.

Darth Sparhawk
RoboCop. He is very accurate when he is shooting, Wolverine just howls and grunts.

jinzin
and cuts up far deadlier people than robocop....pffft.

Hit_and_Miss
robo is far more effective then a load of bullets being shot at him with low probability of a hit. I would give robo a 98% chance of hitting what he wanted... robo is probably stronger then wovie, the neck snapping was after he have taken wovie down with some crack shooting...

Wolverine in the movies goes down from one rent a cop shot... its the same with robo. (Point being comics prove more then films)

I think woverine would probably cut up robo if he got close.

I would give it 6/10 in robos favor, that he shoots wolvie enough to slow his advance and incapacitates him...

Creshosk
robo is far more effective then a load of bullets being shot at him with low probability of a hit. I would give robo a 98% chance of hitting what he wanted... robo is probably stronger then wovie, the neck snapping was after he have taken wovie down with some crack shooting... Neck snapping? Robocop can break adamantium?

Wolverine in the movies goes down from one rent a cop shot... its the same with robo. (Point being comics prove more then films) Movie verse wolverine is not 616 Wolverine. The movie is not cannon to the Comics.

I think woverine would probably cut up robo if he got close.

I would give it 6/10 in robos favor, that he shoots wolvie enough to slow his advance and incapacitates him... How does he incapacitate him?

MERCILOUS
If he grabs hold of Wolvie his strength advantage could win it for him. And if Wolvie's slow from a hail of fire then it shouldn't be that hard to grab a hold of him.

Does Robo get his jet-pack and rocket launcher?

jinzin
If he grabs hold of Wolvie his strength advantage could win it for him. And if Wolvie's slow from a hail of fire then it shouldn't be that hard to grab a hold of him.

Does Robo get his jet-pack and rocket launcher?

why would wolverine be slow from a hail of fire? it's never worked on him thus far.

Hit_and_Miss
Neck snapping? Robocop can break adamantium?

Wolverines bones are coated with addy.. The fact that he can bend his spine, shows that they are not fused together... When you break someones neck you are severing the connection inbetween the bones... You are not snaping bone.... wolverines joins are not fused together, He could shoot though the elbow to lodge it off.

"Wolverine in the movies goes down from one rent a cop shot... its the same with robo. (Point being comics prove more then films)

Movie verse wolverine is not 616 Wolverine. The movie is not cannon to the Comics."

Did you even read what I wrote? POINT BEING COMICS PROVE MORE THEN FILMS. Robo is a lot quicker in his comics over his films. Same with wolverine.

"How does he incapacitate him?"

Putting wolvine in a sleeper hold would knock him out.

Creshosk
Neck snapping? Robocop can break adamantium?

Wolverines bones are coated with addy.. The fact that he can bend his spine, shows that they are not fused together... When you break someones neck you are severing the connection inbetween the bones... You are not snaping bone.... wolverines joins are not fused together, He could shoot though the elbow to lodge it off.

The thing is, this isn't true, not for Wolverine. In Wolverine: Snikt! his right arm was burned so badly only his adamantium bones remained; guess what? They were still linked together. Wolverine was still able to use his arm (even though he had to hold it with his left hand). If there is cartilage between his bones that can be severed, than it can also be burned away, and obviously thats not the case.

What about New X-Men, E is for Extinction? Nova burned off all the flesh on his right arm, and guess what? the arm bones were still linked together. They didn't collapse or fall off, which is what they would have done had there been connecting ligaments and cartilage.

How about Miller's Wolverine? When Shingen and Logan fight, Shingen aims a sword stroke at Logans' neck; I've been informed that it was later explained (whether by Miller or Claremont, I don't know) that it was an attack that was meant to sever Wolverine's head, by cutting inbetween the connecting bones; but since Wolverine's adamantium reinforces and links those bones, it couldn't cut through.

And lets not forget Blood Hungry.

"Wolverine in the movies goes down from one rent a cop shot... its the same with robo. (Point being comics prove more then films)

Movie verse wolverine is not 616 Wolverine. The movie is not cannon to the Comics."

Did you even read what I wrote? POINT BEING COMICS PROVE MORE THEN FILMS. Robo is a lot quicker in his comics over his films. Same with wolverine. Why bring it up?

"How does he incapacitate him?"

Putting wolvine in a sleeper hold would knock him out. He'd have to get ahold of him first to do that. . and then it's not instant, what's to keep Wolverine from fighting back against a move that takes time to do what it's intended to do? Particularly for one with less dependency than you probably figure him to have.

xmarksthespot
I'll have to go back and look at my notes on spinal cord injury but I don't recall that you actually have to break the vertebrae or have to disconnect the vertebrae from each other in order to sever the ascending and descending tracts.

steverules
Wolverine would slice robocop to pieces and then sell the pieces for scrap LOL. laughing laughing

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by jinzin
why would wolverine be slow from a hail of fire? it's never worked on him thus far.

Only a couple times in lower showings, but how about a barrage of precision shots?

jinzin
presicion to what exactly? sorry..but unless robocops aiming for the gonads i really don't see bullets having a whole lot of effect here...

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by jinzin
presicion to what exactly? sorry..but unless robocops aiming for the gonads i really don't see bullets having a whole lot of effect here...

he has before, it'd be in character.

jinzin
eep sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.