Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Nauj
so do you guys know what it means?!? Cause I do , its quite easy actually stick out tongue

Darth_Otaku
tell us what it means...

Darth Nauj
its a code dispatchers/police officers use its really easy

§P0oONY
It's 16 mins after 10...

Darth_Otaku

§P0oONY
Whatever... no expression

Darth Nauj
No No No

Pandemoniac
In police number code, 10-16 stands for 'Pick up prisoner'. But how is that an easy guess? I'm curious about the origin and contruction behind the code, to me it appears they just hooked numbers to words at random.

Darth_Otaku

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
In police number code, 10-16 stands for 'Pick up prisoner'. But how is that an easy guess? I'm curious about the origin and contruction behind the code, to me it appears they just hooked numbers to words at random.

Huzaa... now close this thread!

Darth Nauj
WRONGGGGGGGGGGGG. 1016 stands for insane person I dont know where you got that stick out tongue

§P0oONY
It also means other things...

it can mean.

Stand By,
Hit & Run,
Chief Required At Scene,
Five minute break,

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
WRONGGGGGGGGGGGG. 1016 stands for insane person I dont know where you got that stick out tongue

Don't be an arse.

Pandemoniac
big grin Yeah, it didn't have much of an long life expectancy anyhow

Darth Nauj
yeah but those are other codes 1016 just stands for insane/crazy person stick out tongue

Darth Nauj

§P0oONY
yeah but those are other codes 1016 just stands for insane/crazy person stick out tongue

It depends where it is being used...

the ones I listed were just for New Jersey.

Pandemoniac

Darth_Otaku
oh look at me Im spoony I use big vocabulary words. smart @ss stick out tongue

you can hardly call arse a big vocabulary word...

*Georgina_A*
oh look at me Im spoony I use big vocabulary words. smart @ss stick out tongue

I'm sorry to say, that arse is correct stick out tongue

§P0oONY
Originally posted by *Georgina_A*
I'm sorry to say, that arse is correct stick out tongue

yes

Darth Nauj
*WHATEVER

§P0oONY
Ow sorry, didn't bother to read any futher in the list, thought you meant 10-16, and not 1016. Your right, I'm wrong, time to get a new beer for me

No... you were right too... it can also mean, "Pick up prisoner from..."

Pandemoniac
That's why the cops mess up so much, with all the multiple meanings for codes! I can imagine a cop in a riot going all '10-65, 10-65!!!' or whatever on the radio and the rest just thinking he found a dead cat.
'Hey guys, Earl found a dead cat, should we check it out?'
'No dude, just tell him to bring donuts on the way back'

§P0oONY
laughing out loud

Stupid cops.

Darth Nauj
hey when your in a dangerous situation you sometimes forget things only for your own safety

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.