The Opening of the next Batman movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarecrow756
My question to you how do you think the next Batman movie will start. Because we all know that Joker is already loose because of James Gorden conversation with Batman at the end of Batman Begins. I personally think it is going to start with Batman chasing someone who might reveal himself as the Joker or just Bruce Wayne just reading a paper with the top story that Joker has attacked more people. Tell me what you think.

Myth
No way is it going to start out with both Batman and Joker.

It will either be an intro scene with Batman with no regards to Joker,
or starting with Joker doing something evil (but still as Jack).

You can't just jump into Batman chasing down a guy that is Joker.

NoFate007
I doubt it will involve The Joker at all. I say it'll be one of the following:

1. Bruce Wayne scene followed by a bat-signal and the capture of some new villain, someone real simple that doesn't need a backstory, like uh...psh, idk, Firefly even, who cares.

2. Bruce Wayne scene followed by a bat-signal and the capture of Scarecrow

3. Batman chasing down a random crook and scaring the life out of him, then talking to Gordon after they arrest him.

Mr Parker
Yeah I agree with No fate.

Myth
I would assume option 3 over anything else.

chucktaylor
Ill take choice number 2

sevenman

TwoFace2
I think I would like to see this opening...

Bruce Wayne along with the media press on the steps of the council, an announcer introduce District Attorney Harvey Dent. He makes a speech about fighting the crimes 24/7 and crap like that.

Maybe in the next scene, Dent and Rachel Dawes discussed with Gordon over recognized criminal people, trying to find out who is running Falcone's men now. Maybe this question lead to Carl Grissom who has his favorite henchman, Jack Napier. They believe that those guys run their business in a factory in the Narrows.

Mr. Napier debut as Joker in the halfway of the movie. What ya think?

NoFate007
I think it'd be better if they do Two-Face in this one, and they say Sal Maroni is taking over Falcone's men. That way, you can have the courtroom scene with the acid.

sevenman
I do not want the origin of Two Face to be the same as Batman Forever and I want it to be truer to the original comic books. Havey Dent should have been in the first Batman Begins because it would emphasize the fact that Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne were very close before he turned into Two Face. The effect is longer-lasting as opposed to just having Havery Dent turn into Two Face in one movie. I know Harvey Dent should be in the second film and then turn into Two Face in the third. Why not expose all of the villains original forms before they came to be what they are? That is because Harvey Dent was one of the few villains who was originally close to Bruce Wayne before turning into a villain.

TwoFace2
IM am CONFUSED. People are telling me that Harvey Dent was scarred in a freak accident in a factory during the shooting situation and I saw that part in the series. Also other people are telling me that Sal tossed the acid at his face in the middle of the court case and I saw that part in Batman Forever.

WHICH ONE HAPPENED ORIGINALLY? I believe the factory is better than the acid toss cause its ridiculous that he has a tube of acid on him the whole time in the court. The officers supposed to check those bad guys out (checking pockets and crap) before entering the room. You get my point?

sevenman
The acid was up Sal Maroni's ass.

NoFate007
I prefer the explosion too, but wasn't the acid/court thing in the original comics, which everyone is saying that they wanna keep true to? Idk, I never read the comics, I think its more productive to watch TAS lol

sevenman
They should stick to what was in the original comics. Nobody knows what was in the original comics. I would imagine that the animated series would stay truer to the comics than the Joel Schumacher series so I am guessing that the explosion was the original story. I need a batgeek.

Scarecrow756
I would agree also that Harvey Dent in the next movie should be turned into Two Face by the explosion not the courtroom just stupid. And also I would like the next movie opening to begin with Harvey Dent.

sevenman
No shots of Batman's ass.

b-dan
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
My question to you how do you think the next Batman movie will start. Because we all know that Joker is already loose because of James Gorden conversation with Batman at the end of Batman Begins. I personally think it is going to start with Batman chasing someone who might reveal himself as the Joker or just Bruce Wayne just reading a paper with the top story that Joker has attacked more people. Tell me what you think. it shall begin with the oping titiles

WindDancer
I'm thinking of a cheesy opening. Something with the Joker's Laughter and Batman riding the Batmobile on his way to solving a murder. Then the opening credits. Save the title for the ending.

sevenman
God forbid. Sounds like a repeat of Batman and Robin. You know what you are in for from the moment you get the butt shots.

lil pimp
I think its going to be like this batman getting his weapons together putting his suit on and the moment we been wateing for the a$$ in your face scene its a moneymaker $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!! just jokeing laughing

NoFate007
They may also play a joke on us. He could be putting his gear on, setting up for what looks like an AWESOME fight, and he'll be driving the Batmobile and he'll jump the hell out and BAM stands next to Gordon in a very calm press conference. lol

Scarecrow756
I now think that the opening of the next Batman should start with five cops near the docks spoting a dead body with the victim having an eternal smile and a Joker card. And when one of the pick it up a explosion takes place and the Joker appears from the shadows and says something like, "Aren`t tragedies extremely funny." And then he goes into the distance laughing.

Knightfall93
How can Bat fans say they wnt the xplosion? EVERYONE knows he was scarred by acid! It can be explained because it is supplied at the last min in a medicine thing by Junior DA Adrian Fields!

Xirius
Originally posted by TwoFace2
I think I would like to see this opening...

Bruce Wayne along with the media press on the steps of the council, an announcer introduce District Attorney Harvey Dent. He makes a speech about fighting the crimes 24/7 and crap like that.

Maybe in the next scene, Dent and Rachel Dawes discussed with Gordon over recognized criminal people, trying to find out who is running Falcone's men now. Maybe this question lead to Carl Grissom who has his favorite henchman, Jack Napier. They believe that those guys run their business in a factory in the Narrows.

Mr. Napier debut as Joker in the halfway of the movie. What ya think?
They better not call him Jack Napier!
If theyre ignoring the previous franchise, as they should, then the joker wont be Jack Napier. That was created purely for the first movie. The new movies are much closer to the comics, and in the comics his real name is unknown

Knightfall93
I read 1 origin that callled him Joe Krr but thats a joke name he uses in Knightfall! Jack napier's fake, as is that grissom dude! There is no actually proven 100% Joker origin...

atharpina
It'll probably just open one of the ways NoFate described. Batman tracking and apprehending some lower level villain (which would rule) or with Batman taking down Scarecrow. Which would also be pretty cool, but I'd prefer he have at least a little bit more detail put into him now that he's actually become the villain Crane was meant to be.

Knightfall93
I want just a reasonable opening... no craziness... maybe a small fight but not some lunatic at the start! I hated Batman Forever because they gave a long origin (though crap) to Ed Nigma, who never really needs much of a back- story, but they gave no proper origin to Two Face! A key villain with a major origin must have 1, though obviously not Joker!

Knightfall93
So they havee to start with a basic thug... though Firefly could Rule thge roost!

jenzie
Originally posted by Myth
No way is it going to start out with both Batman and Joker.

It will either be an intro scene with Batman with no regards to Joker,
or starting with Joker doing something evil (but still as Jack).

You can't just jump into Batman chasing down a guy that is Joker.
why not?
wouldn't that set up the whole joker/harley quinn storyline (if of course they use it stick out tongue )
then nolan could run it parallel with the other storyline in the film ..... with that storyline wrapping up at the end of the film, while the burgeoning relationship of J&H rampimg up with miss quinn breaking out old funnyface out of arkham .....

that's how i would do it

atharpina
It probably won't go into an origin for Joker. Chris Nolan has stayed pretty true to the comics and I can't see him being one for putting up another tried account. And certainly not using Burton's. Joker isn't meant to have a specific origin and even Scarecrow (with a very open and clear origin) didn't get one.

NoFate007
Idk...I have a feeling that Nolan might go with the Killing Joke storyline a little bit. You could easily include a fast subplot of "Falcone's men have split up due to the Batman. Maroni controls one section, one section is controlled by Rupert Thorne/Penguin, and one section falls under the leadership of a man named the Red Hood." I don't think they'll pass up on the opportunity to have the chemical plant scene - that's too classic. They won't just skip right to Joker being Joker.

apoc001
I doubt Joker will be in the movie at all. I read somewhere that the end of Batman Begins was just a nod to the first Batman movie, so yeah I dunno. I think it will have an opening like a jornal entry. "I'm Bruce Wayne, a boy millionaire in Gotham city..." and then he'll be like, "But when the darkness comes, I am no longer Bruce Wayne. I am fear. I am the shadows. I am THE BATMAN!" Yeah, that's how it'll begin. Man, I should be writing this script!

NoFate007
Lol. As a writer myself, I gotta commend you. I do like the line "But when the darkness comes, I am no longer Bruce Wayne...I am fear....I am the shadows...I am Batman."

I read the same thing you did, about how the end was supposedly a nod, but I think they brought that up just to reassure people that its not 100% that they'll have Joker in this one. I think they almost have to have Joker in the films at some point, just because of his legacy and everything, but yeah, its not set in stone that he has to be in #2. He could be in #3, 4...whatever.

atharpina

NoFate007
Ah, I hadn't seen that interview. So yeah we are getting Joker, nevermind lol. Thank God too, cause he's the best.

Knightfall93
if thre's a Joker origin, the film will be spoiled!

systemshock2
Before the actual opening scenes, I hope the movie starts again with some variation of those thousands of bats forming the bat symbol. Seeing that profound image, coupled with the awesome sound effects the bats make amplified by the theaters THX system, was reallly cool.

Knightfall93
Indeed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.