How many gods do Christians believe in?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yoda545
do christians belive that jesus is god

Shakyamunison

Atlantis001
1. But they are confuse, sometimes they say that Jesus is god... but people say he is the son of god, from that one can conclude that he is his own son.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Atlantis001
1. But they are confuse, sometimes they say that Jesus is god... but people say he is the son of god, from that one can conclude that he is his own son.

It is a trinity; God the father, God the son, and God holy spirit.

cking
we believe in one God.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Oh.. I see so that should be interpreted as three aspects of God ? It will be interessing because there as references to the trinity in hinduism.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

In Christianity, there is 3 Gods, they do different jobs. God the son, stands between God the father and humanity, God the holy spirit works through humans to do the will of God the father, and God the father is the judge of the world.

cking
God and the son are the same, the spirit is not a god but the helper.

lil bitchiness
I always thought Jesus was incarnation of God blink

cking
he is, God in the flesh.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by cking
God and the son are the same, the spirit is not a god but the helper.

Look it up...

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15047a.htm

debbiejo
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Oh.. I see so that should be interpreted as three aspects of God ? It will be interessing because there as references to the trinity in hinduism.

It's looked like the aspects of an egg....an egg has 3 parts, but it's only 1 egg....

The idea of a trinity goes way back. It's roots are older than Christianity..I think the idea of the trinity was added sometime later by, you guessed it.....The Roman Catholic Church.....

cking
correct.

yoda545
So Christians are polytheist they believe in more then one god confused

debbiejo
Originally posted by yoda545
So Christians are polytheist they believe in more then one god confused

Well it's more 3 parts of the one...It's based on paganism...It's been around for centuries and was blended into the Christian faith, but like many other faiths. Though many other faiths keep them separate...

cking
so which ones are paganism?

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by yoda545
do christians belive that jesus is god

There is only one God. He came to earth as Jesus. Jesus walked the earth for somthing like 35 years, was hung on the cross and died. He came back after 3 days and walked it for fourty days, then he ascended back into heaven.

Now comes the confusing part, just remember God is not restricted by what humans call impossible. Eventhough Jesus is God, God never left heaven. But I just said that he came to earth as Jesus, but I also said that he is NOT restricted by what humans call "Impossible". God can be in 2 places at once, be 2 people at once, and the holy gost is Gods 3rd person. The Holy trinity is One God, 3 persons.

cking
once again, I agree.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
There is only one God. He came to earth as Jesus. Jesus walked the earth for somthing like 35 years, was hung on the cross and died. He came back after 3 days and walked it for fourty days, then he ascended back into heaven.

Now comes the confusing part, just remember God is not restricted by what humans call impossible. Eventhough Jesus is God, God never left heaven. But I just said that he came to earth as Jesus, but I also said that he is NOT restricted by what humans call "Impossible". God can be in 2 places at once, be 2 people at once, and the holy gost is Gods 3rd person. The Holy trinity is One God, 3 persons.

You are not correct, please look it up...

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15047a.htm

This is the THE DOGMA OF THE TRINITY.

debbiejo
All Pagan religions from the time of Babylon, have adopted in one form or another a trinity doctrine or a triad or trinity of gods. In Babylon it was Nimrod, Semiramas, and Tammuz; In Egypt it was Osiris, Isis, and Horus; within Israel pagan gnosticism it was Kether, Hokhmah, and Binah; In Plato's philosophy it was the Unknown Father, Nous/Logos, and the world soul. But in Old Testament Judaism there was only One God, a numerical ONE. The difference between paganism and God's people has always been the Oneness Monarchian Message reinforced by the First Commandment that prohibits any theory of a plurality.

In our study, we will use a few verses to give a flavor of the One God message, and then give a lot of quotes concerning the trinity message. The true Apostolic Church rejects all the decrees and creeds of the Councils. For this reason we reject the trinity doctrine because it is not in the Bible but in the Creeds of the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. Our Creed of One God is plainly in the Bible, the Oneness Message.

What God Says About His Oneness

EXO 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

ISA 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

ISA 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

ISA 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.

ISA 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

REV 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

cking
good post

yoda545

Shakyamunison

Chibi Boy

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Chibi Boy
no expression So wrong, he didn't create the problem, the problem created itself. Man became evil so god knew that it was the only way to sort things out, as a last resort. I thought you was wise before you made this statement.

Because he didn't want to, Jesus knew it was his destiny to die for the people.

God knows everything, correct, so, he made man so he would sin. Therefore it's gods fault. If I go hire a hit man, I'm just as guilty as the hit man. laughing

finti
and the choice to go evil was made by whom?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by finti
and the choice to go evil was made by whom?

I don't believe in the original sin. We did not choice to go evil. Good and evil do not exist. Therefore, your question makes no sense to me.

finti
well the question was for those who do believe in the original sin.

Good and evil does not exist, do you believe in hate? If so aint hate an emotion of evil

feralboy
what a stuipd thread we only belive in one

Shakyamunison
well the question was for those who do believe in the original sin.

Good and evil does not exist, do you believe in hate? If so aint hate an emotion of evil

I just looked at the original question, and it says nothing about this threat being for those who believe in the original sin. You did not start this thread, so why would you say "well the question was for those who do believe in the original sin."?

Jury
True Christians didn't believe in the multiplicity of God.

There is only one God. Not God in three persons.

The God is the Christians' Father.
Christ's Father.
Old Israel's Father.

The Creator.

Jesus is God's Son.

He is Son, not the Father.

According to Jesus Himself:

John 17:1-3, (NKJV)

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: " Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,

2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.

3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

jacobo0o
not really 3

but 3 in 1

Jury
Originally posted by jacobo0o
not really 3

but 3 in 1 Which 3 ?

jacobo0o
oh i wasnt reading wat u wrote sry

well i agree with u on one God not 3 person and pretty much wat u wrote
gj

and i was going to write pretty much wat u wrote but i got tired and i just kinda wrote the 3 in 1

jacobo0o
i wasnt reading wat other people wrote

Jury
So, you really believe that God has three persons?

finti
just because I didnt start this thread doesnt mean I cant direct my question toward whom I choose to.
and the reason why I said "well the question was for those who do believe in the original sin."? is simply because it was aimed toward those who believe in the original sin

debbiejo
just because I didnt start this thread doesnt mean I cant direct my question toward whom I choose to.
and the reason why I said "well the question was for those who do believe in the original sin."? is simply because it was aimed toward those who believe in the original sin

It was....It's a Biblical question.

Shakyamunison

Oooh! Well, I thought you were telling me to get lost. laughing Do you see how I took that? Now I know what you mean, and yes you can direct your question toward whom you choose to.

Jury

finti
the sacrificial lamb

debbiejo
Originally posted by Jury
That was God's will. He chose Jesus to be the Christ... to be His Son... in order to fulfill what God wanted for His people. Christ didn't come to break the will of God but to fulfill it. Christ must die to save God's people.

So Jesus didn't have a choice?...He didn't have free will to make that sacrifice?

Atlantis001
Why one god ? What lead one to think that one god only exist ? Why not many ?

finti
the less the merrier, and its easier to remember one

Jury
Originally posted by debbiejo
So Jesus didn't have a choice?...He didn't have free will to make that sacrifice? Actually, He does have. He can either disobey His Father's will or follow His own will. But He chose to obey His Father. That's why He said to His Father, "Your will be done".

debbiejo
Actually, He does have. He can either disobey His Father's will or follow His own will. But He chose to obey His Father. That's why He said to His Father, "Your will be done".

How can he have a father?...An entity can't have sex.....just like we are part of an entity....that would make us all the same.....In that case we are allready in Gods image.....we are already perfect.....

Shakyamunison
How can he have a father?...An entity can't have sex.....just like we are part of an entity....that would make us all the same.....In that case we are allready in Gods image.....we are already perfect.....

If one of us is enlightened then we are all enlightened.

Jury
How can he have a father?...An entity can't have sex.....just like we are part of an entity....that would make us all the same.....In that case we are allready in Gods image.....we are already perfect..... That's how God's CHOSEN people call Him. The Israel called him Father. Christ and His followers called Him Father. So how can He be our Father? That's what God's messengers had told us to call Him.

Yes. The man was created in God's image. And that man was Adam. And also Eve. They had God's "image". They had angel's "image". In the image of God He created them. Male and female He created them.

So what 'image' was common to God the Creator, the angels, and the first men Adam and Eve then? That is being BLAMELESS and HOLY.

Adam and Eve had that special privilege since the very beginning. They even had eternal life.

But because they have sinned in the sight of God, they were cursed with death. Not anymore immortal. Not anymore blameless. Not anymore holy. Not anymore an "image" of God.

finti
they just did a deed their god created

Jury
Yes. It only shows that man that God created has his own limitations. Though he had the "image" of God, man can still be deceived by the same evilries that God created. God did this so for Him to prevail over all things.

finti
no it is the god man created that has limitation

Jury
I respect your own opinion.

finti
somehow I doubt that you do

debbiejo
Yes. The man was created in God's image. And that man was Adam. And also Eve. They had God's "image". They had angel's "image". In the image of God He created them. Male and female He created them.

Scriptures doesn't say they had angels "image"...Also, if god said he created them male and female in his image, that it could be construed that god is both male and female or that they're are more than one god?

But because they have sinned in the sight of God, they were cursed with death. Not anymore immortal. Not anymore blameless. Not anymore holy. Not anymore an "image" of God.
To be in the image of god is not a physical thing...it's a living creative being with free will, and eternal.

Adam and Eve had that special privilege since the very beginning. They even had eternal life.
[/QUOTE

The story was an allegory...God wouldn't give them free will and then punish them along with billions of people for eternity because they exercised it...How could they know what sin was, if it never existed.

Jury
Two ways of understanding the Scriptures: Human wisdom (learned by man) and Spiritual wisdom (given by God)

I don't need to elaborate things I've said about the "image" of God. smile Truly, not everyone knows it.

debbiejo
I don't need to elaborate things I've said about the "image" of God. smile Truly, not everyone knows it.

But you said "angel image"....That's not in scripture...

finti
laughing out loud laughing

Jury
smile And not everyone knows how to acquire the spiritual wisdom.

debbiejo
smile And not everyone knows how to acquire the spiritual wisdom.

Explain where you got "Angel Image".

finti
we know you dont

Jury
Explain where you got "Angel Image". Read the Bible, I would suggest.

Jury
we know you dont Im not forcing you to believe. And I know you can never acquire anything from God.

debbiejo
Read the Bible, I would suggest.

I've read it....Never found that....so, where is it.

finti
I am god

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing

Jury most now acknowledge you, as we all have.

finti
I have some surprises for him

Jury
Actually it starts with a most common misconception of Trinity.

"Let us create man according to our image", God said.

This "image" is for you to find out. smile

Jury
I am god Of course you are. Nobody stops you.

finti
to whom

debbiejo
Actually it starts with a most common misconception of Trinity.

"Let us create man according to our image", God said.

This "image" is for you to find out. smile

The only thing scripture says is "Let make them in our image"...then
says he created them male and female....

Your talking about angel images....the bible doesn't exactly say what those images were....your talking your denomination, reading things into scripture.

Jury
"Let us create man according to our image".

"In the image of God he created Him."

Who was there when God was creating the man?
Who are these "us" and "our" He was refering to then? angel

"Male and female He created them."

It didn't say that God's image is male and female. Yes, God is neither a male nor female ... or both male and female. But it is not what the Bible is refering to the "image" of God.

Jury
If I don't make sense here. It's so simple. IGNORE. But it seems that you can't because the TRUTH the Bible tells triggers your pride.

I'll end my conversation here. The topic is nonsense anyway. stick out tongue

Don't bother to respond. I may not able to read it. smile

debbiejo
"Let us create man according to our image".

"In the image of God he created Him."

Who was there when God was creating the man?
Who are these "us" and "our" He was refering to then? angel

The Bible doesn't say what "The Image" was...It only says our image....That could be interpreted many ways....

It could be the image of being little creators....

leadworshipper
Well one thing that I have heard that might help people out is the analogy of the egg. You see the Egg has its three necessary parts to be the Egg. It has the Shell the White and the Yoke. The egg cannot just have the Shell otherwise it would just be called a shell. As well as it cannot just have the white otherwise it would be known as well... a white thing.... and it also can not just have a Yoke. It also can not just work with 2 of the 3 parts! They all work together to make the egg. This analogy helped me understand how God can be 3-in-1. God has too be made of those three parts (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) in order to be who he is really. I hope this helps some people.
God bless,
leadworshipper

debbiejo
I know that analogy, but still scripture doesn't say what those "Images" were...the image of god we were made in.

Shakyamunison
She's right, you know...

finti
I was wondering about Shakey having several posts in a short time span how unlike him laughing out loud and the number of these posts are now what 5-6 laughing out loud

debbiejo
laughing out loud

He's right you know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.