Resident Evil 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Movie_Geek_
OK RE 5 is set to came out in PS3 . I can not wiat! They have released a trial for the game in Japan but they pulled it back right after they pulled it back because it was not suppost to be aired yet. I spent a lot of time looking for the trialer on the web but came up with nothing more than some pics and writen story of what was not the trial is here it is.....

"A lone soldier finds himself in a desert town, quite similar to the scenes from Somalia featured in Black Hawk Down. The wavy distortion and haze of the hot climate is a continuing theme. As he searches the city he is startled by a large flock of black birds. The trailer then cuts to a team of undead-like creatures staggering under the bright mid-day sun; soon after, the creatures shadows paint nearby walls, showing they are now running. Soon they close in on the lead character, he spins around to greet them with his sleek, modern pistol and the trailer abruptly ends with the teaser "Biohazard" (known as Resident Evil to the rest of the world. "
by Fran Mirabella III

Welll who is going as nuts as me to get their hands on the game!

Ast Rofan
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t356149.html

Movie_Geek_
OOOps...blushing

stunna1773
yeah i did the same thing lol

stunna1773
o dont care either just keep it open

Movie_Geek_
I was going to. Re 5 is supposed to come right after Re 4 in the time line so if you have beaten the 4th game you know that umbrella now has the los plegas sample and I can not wait to see what they will do with it. I loved Re 4 but I was glad to see that they brought bock the good old zombies for Re 5.

JToTheP
Chris Redfield sucks, they better have another character in it! mad

Movie_Geek_
I do not mine him that much but I was really happy to see Leon was the main character in RE4

Dyingstar
WHY THATS CRIS ! omg hes old lol

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud Well liked Chris he is not mt favorite character but I sill would not mined him being the center of the story. Characters change as the story go's on.

Dyingstar
they need Wesker !

Movie_Geek_
I am bet some how he is around some how. Just can't keep a good bad guy down.

Dyingstar
to kill Chris like in RE:CV

Movie_Geek_
I have not played RE:CV so I would not know. The other RE game I have missed is outbreak. I have only played outbreak one or two times at a friends house.

pr1983
re:cv sucked... chris looked about 18...

what looks good about this is that we'll see the type of zombies featured in the dawn of the dead remake... sweet...

Dyingstar
lol i like Outbreak and Outbreak 2

stunna1773
i was hoping that they would have berry on this one

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I really liked Code Veronica, but Chris did look about 18.

Dyingstar
now he look like an old man , and plus were theres a Chris theres a Claire , o and Albert Wesker coming to kill them ...... what happend to Hunk ?

Movie_Geek_
I do not know but that is a good question. ( and yes he did look young. )

Dyingstar
i think he died in Resident Evil 4 or since he is playible in RE4 he might be in the extras for RE5

Movie_Geek_
he might be

stunna1773
who died

Dyingstar
Hunk he might not have made of the island sad maybe he did who knows u dont find out , i have the RE4 offical strategy guide and it only menntions Hunk in The Mercinaries

Movie_Geek_
He is not dead. I do not think they would have killed him.

pr1983
Hunk will probably be an unlocklable in re:5

Thoma5
Cool

Dyingstar
probably he is awsome though in RE4 with that TMP shooting up those Russian zombies

ktelliott
i haven't played that one iv only played 2&directors cut where ur in the mansion. did they take Jill away? if they did the game would be a bunch of crap. the game is nothing without Jill.

Dyingstar
Jill died here are Remaining survivers ,Ada Wong , Ark Thompson, Albert Wesker , Barry Burton,Billy Cohen,Carlos Olivera , Claire Redfield, Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy , Hunk,Marvin Braagh, Rebecca Chambers ,

Arbiter
I hope Hunk will be in it. And Krauser might have lived. Sure you see him fall but he might have survived.

Dyingstar
ya u know Hunk made it out alive

Movie_Geek_
I think that Leon and Ada will be i it too because in RE 4 they deffently it clear that was not the end of what those two had to put into the story.

Arbiter
Mission Ada shows that they're trying to bring back Umbrella

Movie_Geek_
I know mission Ada was easy I beat it in like a hour. And They are not trying to bring back umbrella, umbrella just went under ground.

Arbiter
Ada gets killed in like 2 hits against a Gatling Gun.

Movie_Geek_
Only if you get hit. You just have to be careful

Arbiter
And run.

kash$king
would u rather have the regular zombies in the other resident evil games or have the zombieish zombies in resident evil 4

Arbiter
RE 4. They let you know that they're there.

Dyingstar
i know its easy i like Outbreak 2 zombies bust through a dorr and chow time

Movie_Geek_
The one thing that scared me in RE4 is that they may let you know that they are there but they call a buch more over to atack you. Pluse the random flying ax could make you jump.

Arbiter
Or that part with Krauser when you have no idea when you will have to push A+B or L+R. Show me someone that didn't die their very first time doing that.

Dyingstar
the Wolfs scared me there mouth were streched open very wide on the way back to the church and all i hade was a Rifle and a Shotgun and u can only see the wolfs wen lighting flashes !

Arbiter
I thought it was that dog you freed at the beginning.

Dyingstar
well no its a wolf then after u fight that giant thing u go back to the church in the rain with the key and u find 3 4 leged friends that are visious

Movie_Geek_
I rember that I thought it was the dog you set free too! I walked right up to it and the thing jump out at me!

Movie_Geek_
One of the scariest things I remember is when you fist meet one of those chain saw people! The Out side of the gate, I got killed 2 times facing that guy!

Dyingstar
easy greanade head shoot 2 times gone, Hunk he can kill chainsaw guy easy

Arbiter
What scared me was the El Gigante. They pulled that thing out and all I could say was s***.

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud I know what you mean me and my brother where trying to see who could beet the game first. I got to the El Gigante first and made it a point to see how my brother reacted to it the first time he saw it because I freaked. He pulled out the d*** rocket launcher and killed it in one shot! The little brat! But it did scare him first at least.

Arbiter
I ran out of ammo against it.

Dyingstar
me2

Arbiter
What about when you had too fight 2. I bout s*** my pants until I figured out about the lever.

Movie_Geek_
I just went the other way. After they killed me 4 times I just took on all the zombies. I ran back throught the door in the ring you know with the two ladders... I nocked the ladders down and just took them out one bu one. It was a little easy but better then the 2 El. G.

Morridini
I think Arbiter talks about the time when u met 2 Gigantes in the room with a lava hole in the middle.

And yeah i too took the Ganados part instead of taking on Old El after the house fight. He kept killing Ashley before I could kill him.

Dyingstar
hard , but what do u think was the hardest boss ?

Arbiter
If you're low on ammo it could be Krauser since you have like 2, 3 minutes, if you don't know the trick the 2 El gigantes but the hardest boss for me was Krauser. I kept running out of time.

Dyingstar
lolololololololol he is hard

kash$king
ya they do lol chair but they wont die. when thay thing pops out of there head its hard to kill sort of

Dyingstar
Save money for the Chicago Typewriter that gun can kill anything
also the rocket launcher that helped me

Movie_Geek_
Krauser was hard but you have to wait tell you beat the game to use the CT or RL . If I where to pick someone other than Krauser than Salizar's (sp? ) Right hand man was the next hardest. That thing scared the S*** out of me.

Arbiter
What about that thing you faced that you had to freeze to hurt.

Movie_Geek_
Same thing.... That was Salizar's right hand man.

Arbiter
Oh yeah. What was the other thing? U3 or something.

Movie_Geek_
huh I do not know what you are talking about.

Arbiter
Right after Krauser...you're trying to get out of a cage or something...U3 or something.

Movie_Geek_
O with the falling compartments.... THat thing was a pain but if you learned it's patters then you could beat it easily.

Arbiter
Yeah that one.

Dyingstar
lol

Movie_Geek_
I think that RE4 had some scare guys but. I think that RE3 had a few more things that jumped out you to scare you though.

Arbiter
that knife fight with Krauser is pretty hard since you have to stay focus. I had the controller down watching Krauser and Leon talk then he killed me.

Dyingstar
hahahaha me 2

Movie_Geek_
That did not happen to on that part but I know it did on others. laughing out loud Some of them you have like a second but others like when you fall down the hole you have Some time. I will never forget when the villagers first throe a bolder at me!

Dyingstar
Albert Wesker is coolest

Movie_Geek_
No doubt!

Arbiter
I wonder what Hunk looks like without his helmet on.

Dyingstar
hmmmmmm good question !

JToTheP
Beat the Hunk mission in Re2 & get his Epilogue in RE3.

Dyingstar
!!!!!!!! wow cool, thx for the tip

Movie_Geek_
I found a site with the trailer. I know it's a little over dew but I will still put it up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2036

Dyingstar
bye chance is were Chris comes across some birds then some people run toward him and he turns around reasy to fire at them?

Movie_Geek_
Yes..did you look at it..?

Dyingstar
yea a long time ago

JToTheP
Chris sucks, they better have a 2nd character or I won't be buying this mainly because I can't stand Chris that much.

Movie_Geek_
Chris is Ok. HE is not my favorite of the RE characters but I still think the game will be cool.

Dyingstar
there good ol Albert Wesker and Ada

Movie_Geek_
But how knows if they will be in the game this time around. I was a little surprised to see Ada in this game but they had to have more then just Leon. Then you do not even see that much of Wesker outside of the Ada mission.

pr1983
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
But how knows if they will be in the game this time around. I was a little surprised to see Ada in this game but they had to have more then just Leon. Then you do not even see that much of Wesker outside of the Ada mission.

I think thats because leon never had much to do with wesker... it was chris and jill who had the connection (claire too after re:cv)

Movie_Geek_
Chris is the main person for RE5 so Wesker will most likely have a bigger part in 5 then 4.

pr1983
Chris is the main person for RE5 so Wesker will most likely have a bigger part in 5 then 4.

Are u sure its chris?

Movie_Geek_
I think, look at the link at the top of the page for the preview of the game.

JToTheP
Chris sucks, Jill better come back, or Wesker better rock Chris hard.

pr1983
I think, look at the link at the top of the page for the preview of the game.

i saw it... i just dont think it looks alot like chris... could be carlos imo...

Originally posted by JToTheP
Chris sucks, Jill better come back, or Wesker better rock Chris hard.

lol, why dont u like chris?

Skorn254
I am definitely going to get this game.

Movie_Geek_
Chris is a good character but I would prefer the 5th game to be about Leon again or maybe Ada. There are better people to pick I think.

JToTheP
Originally posted by pr1983
i saw it... i just dont think it looks alot like chris... could be carlos imo...

lol, why dont u like chris?

He had a crappy plot, he was good for nothing, 6 item slots, 3 guns, rebecca was a useless ally, he did absolutely nothing by himself, rebecca had to do everything, flamethrower made up for nothing. Chris sucks, all hail Jill & Leon!

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud Rebbecca did have to do a lot in the game I have to say.

pr1983
He had a crappy plot, he was good for nothing, 6 item slots, 3 guns, rebecca was a useless ally, he did absolutely nothing by himself, rebecca had to do everything, flamethrower made up for nothing. Chris sucks, all hail Jill & Leon!

Ah chris was ok... not his fault the designers made him impotent...

Dyingstar
lol ya

JToTheP
Ah chris was ok... not his fault the designers made him impotent...

Well seriously, for a 'man' and some 'air force kick out' hes pretty USELESS, screw it, the designers just made Jill cooler period. laughing out loud

Movie_Geek_
Well I came to like Ada a lot in 4, she had a edge to he this time. So I like her better than Jill at this point.

JToTheP
Ada sucked in 4, I wish Leon had shot her when the

*spoiler*

the cut-scene when the parasite takes over Leon & he chokes her, I wish he just pulled out his gun & shot her in the face for revenge through all the madness in Raccoon City.

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud I do not think Leon is the kind of guy that would do that, but she has a bad @$$ thing going for her in a way that Jill doesn't.

JToTheP
ANYBODY can look 'bad ass' with a pulley thing to pull them up a roof if thats what your referring too.

Movie_Geek_
No, just her over all attitude and such. I am not saying Jill is not to be messed with I am just saying I like Ada more.

pr1983
Well seriously, for a 'man' and some 'air force kick out' hes pretty USELESS, screw it, the designers just made Jill cooler period. laughing out loud

I dunno... chris was stronger... would u not be prouder of yourself to finish it with chris with the odds stacked against you?

on a side note... gc re: 1 was piss compared to the original playstation version... way too easy...

and ada was hot... and besides, leon is probably still in love with her...

Movie_Geek_
Probably, Leon was hard to read in RE4 but he still seemed to feel something toward her.

Dyingstar
true true

JToTheP
I dunno... chris was stronger... would u not be prouder of yourself to finish it with chris with the odds stacked against you?

on a side note... gc re: 1 was piss compared to the original playstation version... way too easy...

and ada was hot... and besides, leon is probably still in love with her...

No, not really, I also love Tomb Raider, and Lara couldn't take a drop for the life of her if you missed a ledge, but I still loved it. I think Chris was just garbage, it was like they made Chris in RE, then someone in Japan got an idea to make Jill, better weaponry, plot, Barry with the ammunition, and humor, everything better.

Are you KIDDING? Invisible Enemy mode? Real Survivor Mode? Enough.Said. REmake Hard>>>Original Advanced. Slap on Real Survivor mode which is automatically Hard setting and then speak on it.

Ugh, Ada looked like she was 40, she always looked ugly & wayyy older than she was, plus she backstabbed Leon! Die ***** die! mad stick out tongue

JToTheP
No, just her over all attitude and such. I am not saying Jill is not to be messed with I am just saying I like Ada more.

I don't understand why people like Ada, maybe people who like Ada don't think Leon is one of the best characters, since Ada backstabbed him? That's what I can gather? blink

Dyingstar
so shes still cool and she gave him the key to the speed boat thingy

pr1983
No, not really, I also love Tomb Raider, and Lara couldn't take a drop for the life of her if you missed a ledge, but I still loved it. I think Chris was just garbage, it was like they made Chris in RE, then someone in Japan got an idea to make Jill, better weaponry, plot, Barry with the ammunition, and humor, everything better.

Suppose its a matter of opinion...

I played it on hard mode... maybe its just me...

I thought she was good looking... confused

I don't understand why people like Ada, maybe people who like Ada don't think Leon is one of the best characters, since Ada backstabbed him? That's what I can gather? blink

Not at all... ive always like leon...

Victor Von Doom
So let's summarise, Jill is better than Chris because it's easier with her.

I loved RE4, my favourite game ever. Wish RE5 was on Nintendo too though, because Sony suck.

Movie_Geek_
Leon is my favorite character. One reason I like Ada is because the dynamic she adds, mostly with Leon.

Ast
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

I loved RE4, my favourite game ever. Wish RE5 was on Nintendo too though, because Sony suck.

You can get it for the 360. stick out tongue

JToTheP
Leon is my favorite character. One reason I like Ada is because the dynamic she adds, mostly with Leon.

Ada pisses me off, I wanna kill her stick out tongue

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud I can see your piont.

Dyingstar
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

I loved RE4, my favourite game ever. Wish RE5 was on Nintendo too though, because Sony suck. SONY PS2 donst suck mad nitendo is sh!t it breaks down if u tap it the wrong way !

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Dyingstar
SONY PS2 donst suck mad nitendo is sh!t it breaks down if u tap it the wrong way !

Luckily for myself, I'm still on my first PS2 (4 years) and Cube (since launch).

I know no-one else who has had trouble with a Cube, yet I know many people who have gone through several PS2s.

Alpha Centauri
Chris Redfield is the man. He's also the main character, not Jill.

PS2's are shit. I was on my 3rd due to it breaking down, before I decided that I couldn't be bothered anymore.

Nintendo are the best in every aspect of gaming for the simple reason that they have always been, are and always will be gamers who make games for gamers. They're the sort of people who sit at home or at work with their friends and say "Oh wouldn't it be great if this game had this and this" and then make it. They don't shut it away because it might not sell well.

On topic, I can't wait for RE5. It's obviously the same style as 4, better be anyway. I think Chris Vs Wesker would be the best end showdown ever if they go with it.

-AC

Dyingstar
are u all crazy 70% more people spend money on a crappy gamecube.

Zen2nd
Well any real gamer knows that the Gamecube isn't crap. So pity on you.

Dyingstar
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Well any real gamer knows that the Gamecube isn't crap. So pity on you. up urs im a great gamer , how does it matter ? a video game works depending on the disk the system just plays it is all. And anyone wants a challenge get Unreal Tournament 2004 for online might be old but it kicks ass and these people that play online are really pro i am eek!

Movie_Geek_
I like the pS2 and the Nintendo. I have never heard to many people say they have had a problem with Nintendo but I have with PS2. They are both good stations for different reasons.

I hope the play is the same for 5 like on 4 because it was my favorite stual of play so far for the RE games.

Dyingstar
no affense but ever person i know says they hate Game Cube cause it breaks down .....might have to do were i live ya know the shipping companys

Movie_Geek_
You have a right to feel however you like, i do not know if shipping works like that but it could. I have never had a problem with either station.

Dyingstar
i think PS2 is fine and thank u for saying that i have an opinion

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud why wouldn't you. You are not the first person not to like a particular station and you will not be the last.

Dyingstar
well thanx for ur understanding stick out tongue laughing

JToTheP
I like the pS2 and the Nintendo. I have never heard to many people say they have had a problem with Nintendo but I have with PS2. They are both good stations for different reasons.

I hope the play is the same for 5 like on 4 because it was my favorite stual of play so far for the RE games.

My only problem with GameCube was the random errors when I got Mario Kart for Xmas, but after that, I never had any again.

Ps2 randomly can't read DVDs, CDs, or games which is aggrivating, cuz I just cleaned it the day before and it randomly does that, but Ps2 has Devil May Cry Trilogy, Ratchet & Clank Trilogy, GTA, Manhunt, Max Payne, Sly Cooper Saga, TimeSplitters, and Metal Gear, so I suppose the games make up for it.

Dyingstar
ill admit i get a tiny tiny scratch if u can call it a scratch it just wont work .......guess i shouldnt have thrown the PS2 out my window last year lol ........seriously i feel like doing that it doesnt work for XIII , Syphon Philter 4 , and GT4 .......IM SO BORED !!! WEN IS RE4 COMING FOR PS2 !!!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Red Superfly
I'm on my third PS2 due to it breaking down.

First time, I got a straight machine swap. Second time, I managed to SELL it (even though it was dead lol - ice cubes to eskimos). And now I'm on my 3rd, albeit the new slinky free one.

Everyone I know is either on their second or third PS2, or their first is very very, unreliable.

Gamecubes are perfectly fine. Anyone that disses Cubes for stupid reasons (anything that's something other than the quality of the games they make) is a f*cktard, and deserves to waste money on Need For Bling and other such crap.

Dyingstar
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I'm on my third PS2 due to it breaking down.

First time, I got a straight machine swap. Second time, I managed to SELL it (even though it was dead lol - ice cubes to eskimos). And now I'm on my 3rd, albeit the new slinky free one.

Everyone I know is either on their second or third PS2, or their first is very very, unreliable.

Gamecubes are perfectly fine. Anyone that disses Cubes for stupid reasons (anything that's something other than the quality of the games they make) is a f*cktard, and deserves to waste money on Need For Bling and other such crap. what the hell almost everyone in Florida and New York say how bad the Game Cube is besides that the disk is so freaking small, and if ur calling me a Fvcking Retard , u should look in a mirror before it breaks laughing

Movie_Geek_
( play nice boys. )

I have only ever had one problem with the Came Cube and that it every once in a whi,e the controller's will go crazy and not work. The only thing you have to do is hit the restart button and it will normally fix itself. Luckily it dose it right when you start the game so you will not be in the middle of play if it gos crazy.

Dyingstar
lol i dont wanna play nice crycrycry chair

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud

Dyingstar
laughing

Red Superfly
what the hell almost everyone in Florida and New York say how bad the Game Cube is besides that the disk is so freaking small, and if ur calling me a Fvcking Retard , u should look in a mirror before it breaks laughing

*yawn*

Wow, you're so original. You write your own material? Wow. Just wow. "Look in the mirror" - OH THE WIT!

Oh you got me with the "disc is small" arguement. Damn, no comeback from that. Yes, the gamecube discs ARE small. Someone give this guy a cookie.

And I guess you know everyone in Florida and New York right? I'd like to see the ballot papers, cheers.

It's best to let everyone think you are a retard, before you post shit like that and remove all doubt.

I'm not calling you a "f*cking retard". That would be an insult to retards. You're something else. I was thinking of "zealous Fanboy", but then again you'd have to actually go away and look up what "zealous" meant. Seeing as it's fun to confuse idiots with words they don't understand, "zealous fanboy" it is.

Stupid fanboys - why can't they accept that just because they own one console, doesn't mean they have to slag off the others? Ignorant stupid crap.

"I own a PS2.......must hate Gamecube....." - please.

Dyingstar
plz, stop being a little b!tch and get the fuc/< out of this thread before i report u for being a fuc/<ing @sshole

Red Superfly
Go ahead, we'll see who wins this one. I'm willing to drop it, but you're the one acting like a little b!tch.

I never directly attacked you, you did that first.

JToTheP
ill admit i get a tiny tiny scratch if u can call it a scratch it just wont work .......guess i shouldnt have thrown the PS2 out my window last year lol ........seriously i feel like doing that it doesnt work for XIII , Syphon Philter 4 , and GT4 .......IM SO BORED !!! WEN IS RE4 COMING FOR PS2 !!!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!

If you scratch the CENTER.RING. yeah, OBVIOUSLY it wont work because thats the most important part of a cd. If you bought a launch Ps2 your clearly beat, My PS2 was borderline, I got mine on May 2001, and I've had no huge problems aside from random errors, I got lucky.

Ast
Since this is the point of the topic...

I have gone through 3 different PS2s including a launch version and newer one, but I have given up the PS2(not a big loss, I only liked a handful of games) since it isnt worth the hassle.

My launch Gamecube has not given me one problem, the only problems I have had is when my sister scratched up a disc.

Dyingstar
Red Superfly why dont u shutup and stop being a major [email protected]

Zen2nd
Your language offends me and I would like you to keep quiet.

Dyingstar
ya sure just tell that dushe bag to shut up already ya know hes ganna curse back but ya fne i wont curse , HE DID TO SO WHY ARE U BLAMING ME ! besides i helped make this thread i told Movie Geek to make a thread like this

Ast
You're a very unpleasant individual.

Dyingstar
why dont u all shut up and get off my back before i close this thread, AND U HAVE NO RITE TO JUDGE ME FIRST OF ALL I DONT BACK DOWN FROM A FIGHT SECOND U ARE PROBABLY THE ONE WHO IS A UNPLEASENT INDIVISUAL

Ast
First of all, learn to use a ****ing comma. You are not a mod and you didnt make this thread, so you cant close it. Everyone here would probably agree, your are the most unpleasant person here.

Dyingstar
why dont u stfu cause know i am closing it once my friend that i helped make this thread for gets over here she will contact the head person and close it

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>