Your favourite philosophers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
which one has enligtened you the most?

debbiejo
You didn't list everyone.......how about me? OK....but not everyone...there are so many....I like pieces and bits of many...like spices....Spices of life.

GabrielJones
moustapha akkad if your reading this i am a big halloween fan ive been watching it for years. I hope that you please make the halloween 9 or the halloween 10 to be Leatherface Vs. Micheal Myers: The Halloween Chainsaw Massacre . The would be the ultimate gift to me. michael and pinhead or jason would suck. I know its just a rumor for now that its even coming out but please if you can make it happen i would greatly appreciate it. i even have a plot for it Dr. Loomis orders Michael from a maximum security prison to mexico to await to get executed but on the way michael kills all the guards and they end up in texas where michael meets the sawyers and leatherface. meanwhile killing other bystandards micheal and leatherface battle it off to the finish what a movie that would be. Laurie Strode son is the nephew of michael myers so he gets scared every halloween but her son wants to marry the girl who survived the texas chainsaw massacre killings back in 78. And they both are in for the time of their lives while they get michael myers and leatherface face to face to bury their nightmares for good.

Fire
Damn I needed more than one vote.
Karl Marx, Immanuel Kant and David Hume

Deano
Friedrich Nietzsche and aristotle are mine

Atlantis001
Socrates, Plato, and Nietzsche, especially his thoughts about ethics and religion.

EsteemedLeader
why arent i on that poll? i have deep intimate knowlege about the universe that you people cant even fathom.

debbiejo
Ren and Stimpy....they have it down pat.... big grin

WindDancer
Nietzsche is overrated. I go with Socrates and Satre.

St. Thomas Aquinas is cool in my book. *wink*

alcoholicpoet
Marx, Confucious, and Plato.

JediMusician
Lao Tzu, hands down. Or maybe Sun Tzu.
No, definately Lao Tzu.

Dreampanther
MICHEL FOUCAULT

Bardock42
Friedrich Nietzsche
Thomas Hobbes
Jeremy Bentham
John Stuart Mill

Fire
Yike Foucault bwerg

Bardock42
Originally posted by Fire
Yike Foucault bwerg

My Philosophers are better than yours...........now that that is established who is he?

Fire
Look it up, too bored to explain. never heard anything about him in my Philosophy class only in my communication sciences.

Whirlysplatt
Sun Tzu

hh?
Aristophanes
Kant
Mikhail Bolshev
Socrates

Wonderer
Who is your favourite philosopher(s) and why?

Mine are Plato (his theory of Forms is immaculate, as it touches on the very essence of being and the paradox of the absolute) and Nietzsche for his incredibly sensible moral philosophy, views on society, ideas on truth and interpretation, view on Christianity, and many more inspiring ideas.

Who are yours?

Wonderer

Clovie

Wonderer
"generally. his point of view is in the flow of existentialism."

ha-ha! He is the father of it!

Clovie
and not Sarte? i wasn't sure confused

finti
oh Kierkegaard the lover of the Danish state church, irony is that his name translates to Churchyard/Cemetery

Clovie
really? i didn't know about that embarrasment

Wonderer
Churchyard! laughing out loud

I don't like Kierkegaard - proving god, etc.

nightphantom
i'm gonna say that voltaire is an awesome philosopher.....just cuz....

tax
I believe that most of us are inspired by philosophers and their views. What is your favourite philosopher and why?

tax
I have read about this philosopher by the name of Krishnamurti. The best part of him is that he does not want to acknowledge himself as a philosopher and even rejected the world teacher award. A great guy right.

Victor Von Doom
I always liked Heidegger.

EsteemedLeader
My vote is for George Carlin.

house
dont forget philo, how could u?

Victor Von Doom
I found it quite easy, not sure of the success rate of anyone else.

Great Vengeance
Sun Tzu

AdventChild
i would say confucious....Very wise he was.

AdventChild
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Sun Tzu

hehe....INDEED!

tax
but hopefully we do not belive in these people to much

Dreampanther

soleran30
and some say before Confucius there was Lao-tzu writer of the Tao Te Ching........the writings are so money.

lil bitchiness
I am a fan of Kafka. Aristotle is great as is Karl Marx. Marx was awesome - his philosophy does not work in practice, but its flawless on paper.

Storm

Dreampanther
I like Marx in theory, as well, but he underestimated the power of capitalism. It doesn't detract from a compelling argument, but I find Foucault more useful in trying to understand the flow of power.

If you are looking at Marx's theory in relation to power, however, a useful concept, hegemony, was developed by Antonio Gramsci, another Marxist

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I am a fan of Kafka.

Kafka's a nutter.

Princess Diana
Francis Bacon or Richard Feynman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.