Guys what is Happening to Harrys house????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tonks
well now Dumbledore is dead... who is the secret keeper... does this mean that Snape could tell were the Order does all of it Buisness?? what is going to happen to the house and who will be then next Secret Keeper?

div
what are you talking about....harrys house isnt the hq of ootp so it doesnt matter

Saratn
His new house, the one Sirius owned, yeah, that's the headquarters of the Order, and no, Snape can't tell where it is, Dumbledore is still the Secrtet Keeper, and since he's dead, he can't tell where it is.

DarkC
Snape still knows where it is though, he can go in there and drag Harry out even if the other Death Eaters and Voldy can't. erm

div
i thought they had found new hq because they didnt think tht the house was safe anymore??

DarkC
Not at the time. Back when Harry first inherited Kreacher and Grimmauld place they still thought Snape was good, remember?

(evil bastard, I want to feed him to the bugs in Starship Troopers....)

Saratn
I think Snape is still with the Order, not against it.

div
i agree

NightCrawler341
Agreed.

Saratn
Thankyou someone else thinks Snape is still with the Order

Unicor777
there is a new HQ for the Order

Saratn
How would you know out of curiousity?

APIECEOFME
Originally posted by Tonks
well now Dumbledore is dead... who is the secret keeper... does this mean that Snape could tell were the Order does all of it Buisness?? what is going to happen to the house and who will be then next Secret Keeper?
You know, I have been wondering myself. What happens when the secret-keeper dies?

Lana
Originally posted by APIECEOFME
You know, I have been wondering myself. What happens when the secret-keeper dies?

I've been wondering that myself.....

Originally posted by Unicor777
there is a new HQ for the Order

It was only temporary that they moved out of Sirius's house; Harry had inherited it but they did not know if there'd be enchantments on it that would disallow a halfblood from owning the house. Presumably once it was confirmed that Harry indeed now owned 12 Grimmauld Place the Order moved their headquarters back there.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Saratn
How would you know out of curiousity?

It says it in the book.

I can't remember whether it is temporary or permanent, but it definetly says there is a new HQ for the Order. I believe Dumbledore says it.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Lana
I've been wondering that myself.....

It was only temporary that they moved out of Sirius's house; Harry had inherited it but they did not know if there'd be enchantments on it that would disallow a halfblood from owning the house. Presumably once it was confirmed that Harry indeed now owned 12 Grimmauld Place the Order moved their headquarters back there.

Oh yes, that is true. Now I remember. Dumbledore used Kreacher as a test. He obeyed Harry, so Harry owns the house, and the Order moves back, presumably.

About the secret keeper question--I assumed that Dumbledore is still Secret Keeper, even though he is dead.

Saratn
Oh i forgot!!!

Lana
That begs the question, though.....how do they tell new members of the Order where the headquarters are, if the secret-keeper is dead?

Guess it's another thing we'll just have to speculate about and hope that we get an actual answer to.

hotsauce6548
That begs the question, though.....how do they tell new members of the Order where the headquarters are, if the secret-keeper is dead?

Guess it's another thing we'll just have to speculate about and hope that we get an actual answer to.

Perhaps it is impossible, now that the Secret Keeper is dead? Or perhaps Harry is the new Secret Keeper, seeing as he is the new owner of the house?

Or maybe there was a backup Secret Keeper, in case of an event happening like this?

Hmm... it all makes me think, but I guess we can only speculate, seeing as there is now hard evidence of what happens to a Secret Keeper once they die...

I have one question: Was Sirius Secret Keeper for James and Lily Potter's whereabouts?

Saratn
No it was Pettigrew. It was going to be Sirius, but then he switched at the last moment. They would have to find a new headquarters. From what I understand, their is only one Secret Keeper, no back ups.

Lana
They could make someone else Secret Keeper now, if that's the case...

hotsauce6548
They could make someone else Secret Keeper now, if that's the case...

It wouldn't work, though. If there truly is no Secret Keeper, and Snape is evil, he will have surely told Voldemort by now.

Lana
True.

Guess we have to just wait until Book 7 to find this out....

Saratn
Snape, in my opinion is good, and he didn't tell the Dark Lord about it. Remember Snape couldn't tell of the location to Bella? He didn't offer to show her did he???

Lana
He couldn't do that either. He could take her there, most likely, but he couldn't tell her that it was the Order's HQ, because he wasn't the Secret Keeper.

Saratn
But the point is that he didn't. Why didn't he, that's my question, if he's with the Dark Lord. He would be anxious to show them the location. He didn't tell Bella that he could show them something useful or anything like that.

Saberstylemasta
But the point is that he didn't. Why didn't he, that's my question, if he's with the Dark Lord. He would be anxious to show them the location. He didn't tell Bella that he could show them something useful or anything like that.

But they couldn't see it or touch it anyway. The SECRET KEEPER would have to tell them.

Saratn
But Snape could have takent the plans out and handed them to the Dark Lord, but did he...I think not! Which helps prove that Snape is good, not evil.

NightCrawler341
Mmhmm

APIECEOFME
OMG!!! Do people not get the concept of secret-keeper?

misslilsweetie
ok........SNAPE IS EVIL! ......had to say that

Saratn
On what grounds is he evil?

Hermione202
Originally posted by misslilsweetie
ok........SNAPE IS EVIL! ......had to say that

Agreed ! SNAPE IS EVIL

Saratn
But on what grounds is he evil???

SlugHorn
Hogwarts grounds.. and outside of those grounds

Saratn
not what i meant. how is he evil?

SlugHorn
well hes a death eater,he sent info to DL which led to many deaths of all ppl from the info he gained..

Saratn
Yes, but that was before he went to DD.

hotsauce6548
But Snape could have takent the plans out and handed them to the Dark Lord, but did he...I think not! Which helps prove that Snape is good, not evil.

How do you know he didn't?

Saratn
Bella would have said something in the beginning, about not believing that he had given the Dark Lord the plans or not, something like that.

hotsauce6548
Bella would have said something in the beginning, about not believing that he had given the Dark Lord the plans or not, something like that.

What do you mean?

Snape explains that he is 'close' to Voldemort, so, presumably, Snape would only show Voldemort the 'plans' that you speak of...

Saratn
But Bella could have learned from someone else. She claims to be the Dark Lord's most trustworthy Death Eater.

darthsith19
Yes, Snape can tell Voldemort where the OOTP HQ. is a Voldemort could go there. In otherwords, the Order needs a new Secret Keeper, fast. The most logical choice would be Harry since if he dies nothing really matters anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.