Coolest Battle Oath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShaKoon
what was the most coolest battle oath? for me it was aragorns in ROTK, when they go to the black gates

SABERSTYLEMASTA KEEP OUT!!!!

belbel300
yea, course it was, dat and gladiator, with Russel Crowe

ShaKoon
in gladiator did Maximus do an oath? confused

if yes, when??

belbel300
well, a motivation speech, like at the start of the first battle when he says, 'if you are in Elysium, then don't worry, because you are already dead'

ShaKoon
oh yea, true, ok, but still i liked theoden's speech, and when he died it was so sad, he was all like to eowyn: You have to let me go,
sad urgh, so sad everytime

but i laughed when denethor jumped off minas tirith on fire!

belbel300
he he, yea, the extended edition makes so much more sense

ShaKoon
ya, just watch the whole shelob scene, on disc 2

belbel300
have done, i've watched all special features and all 3 films

Saberstylemasta
Originally posted by ShaKoon
what was the most coolest battle oath? for me it was aragorns in ROTK, when they go to the black gates

SABERSTYLEMASTA KEEP OUT!!!!

I can be here if I want thanks. You realize you have no authority to keep me out of any thread, let alone yours. And the only reasons the others were closed is because they were repeat threads. But seeing as I don't know of any thread like this, I (nor the moderators) have a problem. (and I don't close your threads, learn the facts before you mouth off.)

I think the coolest battle oath Was in ROTK when Theoden was all like, "GO, and make war your own" and all that Jazz.

Aduruth
all of theoden's in ttt and rotk and aragorn's rotk, and tt(helms deep, its not really an oath, but he says something like, show them no mercy for you shall receive none)

SnakeEyes
This one:
Aragorn : Hold your ground, hold your ground. Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*

Exabyte
Then Feanor swore a terrible oath. His seven sons leapt straightaway to his side and took the selfsame vow together, and red as blood shone their drawn swords in the glare of the torches. They swore an oath which none shall break, and none should take, by even the name of Iluvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and Manwe they named in witness, and Varda, and the hallowed mountain of Taniquetil, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World Vala, Demon, Elf or Man as yet unborn, or any creature, great or small, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should hold or take or keep a Silmaril from their possession.
Thus spoke Maedhros and Maglor and Celegorm, Curufin and Caranthir, Amrod and Amras, princes of the Noldor; and many quailed to hear the dread words. For so sworn, good or evil, an oath may not be broken, and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.

and

"Be he friend or foe, whether demon of Morgoth, of Elf, or child of Men, or any other living thing in Arda, neither law, nor love, nor league of hell, nor might of the Valar, nor any power of wizardry, shall defend him from the pursuing hate of Feanor's sons, if he take or find a Silmaril and keep it. For the Silmarils we alone claim, until the world ends."

belbel300
Lets just say all the oaths are tres cool, shall we

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.