the fly (1986)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

b-dan
have any of you seen this i loved this movie i just baught it i had seen it b4 but never got around to buying it and it had the sequil and man Jeff Goldblume deserved a award for that movie any one sen it??

Impediment
It's called punctuation. b-dan. you should try it sometime. And, yes The Fly was good. I own it myself. Didn't like the sequel with his son in it, though.

Jason_Krueger
Haven't seen the sequal yet but the original has a place on my shelf.

T.M
I love this movie.

I agree with u Impediment I didn't like the sequel. I think that this is a movie that didn't need a sequel.

Personally I think this is still one of the greatest horror movies ever.

b-dan
it had to of had a sequil since the orignal had one so if your remaking a movie might as well remake the sequil

kmcdude
Yeah,good movie,second one was okay as well..............and?

tpaquin
Originally posted by Impediment
It's called punctuation. b-dan. you should try it sometime.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011l.gif

Pandemoniac
Yes! Now we are talking. The Fly is way up there with the real classics, a fine example of how horror should be done. Very creepy story, kick-ass effects and lots of drama and pain, Cronenberg did a good job, and very convincing acting by Goldblum!
Haven't seen it yet? Do it ASAP.

T.M
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Yes! Now we are talking. The Fly is way up there with the real classics, a fine example of how horror should be done. Very creepy story, kick-ass effects and lots of drama and pain, Cronenberg did a good job, and very convincing acting by Goldblum!
Haven't seen it yet? Do it ASAP.

defiantly a classic

up there with The Thing as one of the best.

shaber
The sequel was terrible, but the original was very good and included Goldblum's best acting. Gruesome makeup effects! thumb up

tpaquin
Originally posted by T.M

up there with The Thing as one of the best.

I misread that at "the ring" and got angry. Now I'm in total agreement.

Impediment
I especially love his "acid spit" technique. Great stuff there.

T.M
Originally posted by tpaquin
I misread that at "the ring" and got angry. Now I'm in total agreement.

laughing out loud

BaronOBeefDip
The Fly was and probably is the only movie that ever made me throw up. I enjoyed it, but I don't think I could watch it more than once without barfing.

T.M
lol.

Pandemoniac
Yup, it has some stomach-challenging scenes indeed. I remember almost tossing them cookies while watching the original Dawn of the Dead for the first time. I was 15, eating a pretty red pizza and then came the zombies in the basement, eating limbs while the gore dripped from their faces. I really had to turn on off the tv in order to be able to enjoy the rest of my meal.

T.M
but u did finish the meal laughing out loud

Pandemoniac
eeh, yes. But I watched the smurfs while I ate the rest...

T.M
laughing out loud

BaronOBeefDip
Man, I remember from watching The Fly that I would be running to and from the bathroom during nearly every single vomit-enducing scene. In fact, I ran so many times to the bathroom that my dad actually asked me if I was sick...to which I responded, "No, (barf.) I'm...(barf.) just watching a movie...(barf.)"
And, yet, I thought Jeff Goldblum looked better after he became a hideous fly-creature. I don't know why, but there was just something that I found to be attractive about the way it looked.

tpaquin
Originally posted by BaronOBeefDip
Man, I remember from watching The Fly that I would be running to and from the bathroom during nearly every single vomit-enducing scene. In fact, I ran so many times to the bathroom that my dad actually asked me if I was sick...to which I responded, "No, (barf.) I'm...(barf.) just watching a movie...(barf.)"
And, yet, I thought Jeff Goldblum looked better after he became a hideous fly-creature. I don't know why, but there was just something that I found to be attractive about the way it looked.

The attractiveness was that he was no longer Jeff goldblum. Most people who aren't Jeff Goldblum are more attractive than Jeff goldblum.

beta-wolf_101
I really did like this movie too and you guys are wusses if you can't eat while watching this stuff.

T.M
who said they couldnt eat while watching it ?

Whirlysplatt
Simply a stunning film even now tweny years later smile

b-dan
why mus thtey make a remake like wtf they are remaking amovie that already been remade it wont beat the (1986) version

jayy
I agree. Leave it alone.

BaronOBeefDip
The 1986 version of The Fly was good...but disgusting (in a good/bad way).

T.M
I can not believe i still don't own this on DVD

papabeard
How about the original?

"Help me, Help Me,......."

T.M
Originally posted by papabeard
How about the original?

"Help me, Help Me,......."

I haven't seen the original. (I.E 1950's version.)

b-dan
Originally posted by T.M
I can not believe i still don't own this on DVD they got the remakes on the first and second on a special edition dvd its out now two disks

T.M
Originally posted by b-dan
they got the remakes on the first and second on a special edition dvd its out now two disks

yeah i know. i probably get it Christmas time.. bit of a money problem at the moment lol

b-dan
lol i know how u feal

Blue_Butterfly
I just recently saw this movie for the first time. It was better than I expected. Kinda chessey effects and such but it was still creepy and really grossed me out.

Impediment
Cheesy effects? Well, maybe. But gruesome, nonetheless. What do you want? It was 1986 for f*ck's sake, BB. But, IMO, one of the greatest, and most underrated horror flicks in existence.

b-dan
the effects were really good for the 80s thats why it won an award for effects

T.M
i defiantly do not think that the effects were cheesy

Blue_Butterfly
well thats my opinion on the effects. That doesnt mean I thought the movie sucked. I liked it a lot. Just watching it that one time I thought the effects were chessey thats all.

T.M
well you are entitled to your opinion yes

b-dan
hey can any of you find me two of the songs used in the movie

im looking for the music in the main titles and another one called the plasama pool can any of u get thet for me

LizzyT123
I like the arm wrestling part! When he like, ruins that guys wrist or whatever

Impediment
His forearm, actually.

b-dan
i like the part when he gets pissed off at the chick has that big speech than leaves the apartment and u hear the plasma pool playing wiel hes walking down the street eating a chocolat bar and im pritty sure he goes and does the arm wrestle thing rite there

jayy
I love The Fly, with Jeff G. and even The Fly II with Eric S. With the special effects these days. It has endless possibilities. There should def be more gore. The fly eating people. Yeah!!

eek! eek!

b-dan
ya i agree i just dont apporve of that remake rumor cant they leave good horror movies alone these days

Impediment
Ehh. Fly II was a little too much of a repeat of part one. Good FX, but just a regurgitation of old stuff we already saw. The ending was okay, though. The evil, old corporate a-hole got what was coming to him.

b-dan
ya i agree i hated him but the fly looked cooler in this one thats wat i like about ti the first was better cuz it had a good story and i felt sympathy for jeff

Impediment
Goldblum definitley showed us more of a man who was fighting for his sanity, but ultimatley losing in the process.

b-dan
ya im surprised he didnt win a oscar for it i told my freinds how goo dhe is in it but they think it looks like crap they said. i also liked how you know jeff isnt going to over come the fly and u just wait for him to vdie but his life gets worse and worse as the movie progresses

LizzyT123
Yeah I felt bad for Jeff...especially when he was the fly, and he got his girlyfriend/wife's gun and raised it himself to his head...that was real sad.

b-dan
ya i did to and can some one find me the song called the plasma pool from the soundtrack its my fave song in the movie its the song when he goes to the bar eating the chocolat bar actually you hear it threw out the movie even at the end

b-dan
i found the fly to be what horror movies should be now it was a true horror movie classic

T.M
i found the fly to be what horror movies should be now it was a true horror movie classic

yes

And i am getting the DVD for christmas eek!

LizzyT123
I probably will never buy the fly. Thats something that I'll probably just watch on tv, or rent.

b-dan
Originally posted by T.M
yes

And i am getting the DVD for christmas eek! im gonna buy it on the 29th if advent children is hold back again mad

LizzyT123
now that's a movie I need to buy, Advent Children!

T.M
Originally posted by LizzyT123
I probably will never buy the fly. Thats something that I'll probably just watch on tv, or rent.

It's a must have for me I have wanted it for ages yes

it's going to look so good in my DVD collection stick out tongue

b-dan
ya the speacial ediditon cover looks so cool its call black and it has a fly on it and it says the fly in thos big green letters

b-dan
Originally posted by Impediment
I especially love his "acid spit" technique. Great stuff there. ya i loved that to

jayy
Parts I and II are def worth having on DVD.

wink

b-dan
ya this movie is a perfect exampl eof hwat horror used to be like and should be liked enough with this pg-13 crap

LizzyT123
mhmmmm.....don't say that B-Dan, I don't like the movies either, but you see, I'm 14 and in the states, PG-13 are the movies I can go to, ya see?

T.M
ya this movie is a perfect exampl eof hwat horror used to be like and should be liked enough with this pg-13 crap

Agreed that is why i haven't watched AVP..

I mean they could have made that awesome with loads of gore like IMO it should have been. yes

LizzyT123
I saw AvP, it wasn\'t very bad, it really did have some cool moments, but the ending was pretty disappointing, but I do recomend at least giving it a watch.

T.M
maybe i will watch it when it comes on tv.

b-dan
ya its ok not what I expected more of an action movie then anything else they do try to scare you with the Aliens in it. But as Jen said it does have its moments its sititng in my collection rite beside Predator 1-2 who are way cooler than the Aleins. And if you like Aleins I am sorry to say its more of a Predator movie

WindDancer
It was great to see the Fly on DVD! Is been a long time since I saw this flick on VHS. Great film! and good quality DVD. The extras are good and interesting. I still love that vomit scene....classic!

thomasgeorge
its old boring and did i mention boring

b-dan
and you call your self a horror fan the fly is what it should be like well you prefer Jason any way which is hardly horror and more comdey

thomasgeorge
no i like the fly but its kind of lost its touch

b-dan
well its not really a jumpy horror movie that probly why u thought it was boring it was more of a gross one and it did have it boring moments as people said but i found them interesting non the less

b-dan
theres a zombie movie thats like the fly i wanna see it i forget what its called but these two people get married and the husband is ont he beach when a strange man comes up and barfs stuff in his mouth and slowely he transforms into a zombie. i think its called Zombie Honeymoon not sure tho

thomasgeorge
ill have a look now kind of sick though

b-dan
ya

LizzyT123
Originally posted by thomasgeorge
its old boring and did i mention boring

Your full of yourself thomasgeorge.

b-dan
lol

LizzyT123
lol, yeah. but seriosly, how can you say The Fly is old and boring? It is an absolute classic! Its like no other movie made before itself, and all thomasgeorge cares about is litterally the new kind of movies rated R that have gratious nudity, for his perverted little mind.

The Fly was a great movie. I still haven't seen the sequel, but I plan to some time.

b-dan
lol, yeah. but seriosly, how can you say The Fly is old and boring? It is an absolute classic! Its like no other movie made before itself, and all thomasgeorge cares about is litterally the new kind of movies rated R that have gratious nudity, for his perverted little mind.

The Fly was a great movie. I still haven't seen the sequel, but I plan to some time. the sequil is ok not as good as the first but ok you dont feel the same connection to the main character as you did in the first film. Well i didnt feel any sympathy for him he wantes to transform into the fly so he could go around killing people that he hated

LizzyT123
the sequil is ok not as good as the first but ok you dont feel the same connection to the main character as you did in the first film. Well i didnt feel any sympathy for him he wantes to transform into the fly so he could go around killing people that he hated

hmmmm, I still wanna see it, but thats kind of disappointing, because in the first want you felt SO much symp and empathy for Jeff's character.

b-dan
ya but its still a good movie the sequil aint directed by Croneberge tho (is that how you spell this name) i think the specail effects guy from the first movie directs it

LizzyT123
hmm, looks like I need to do a little research on the movie then wink

b-dan
im just a movie nerd thats why i know it

I Love Snape
i thought this movie was a bit gross but i loved it anyway

b-dan
i first saw it when i was in grade 5 it grossed me out a bit then espically the baboon part wont give anything away for thos of you who havent seen it

T.M
When i first saw it i loved it big grin

shaber
The baboon didn't compare to the way the third act went!

T.M
The Arm wrestling scene is probably my favourite big grin

b-dan
Originally posted by T.M
The Arm wrestling scene is probably my favourite big grin ya that was cool

LizzyT123
ever noticed that a lot of people say "It grossed me out but I still loved it" over and over again?

T.M
getting the DVD tomorrow eek!

(if Santa bring it for me stick out tongue)

LizzyT123
I probably would never buy that movie, unless it was like, a couple bucks. Its a good movie, but I'd rather just watch it on TV smile

T.M
I GOT IT !!!!!

santa loves me stick out tongue

K.Diddy
I probably would never buy that movie, unless it was like, a couple bucks. Its a good movie, but I'd rather just watch it on TV smile

I think it is a classic movie and it does not cost that much to buy anyway.............Highly reccomended smile

b-dan
my freind borrowed it hasent igven it back im gonna kill him i love that movie Jeff Goldbumes best

T.M
my freind borrowed it hasent igven it back im gonna kill him i love that movie Jeff Goldbumes best

laughing out loud Kill him laughing

LizzyT123
tear his eyes, rip his flesh off, beat him till he's a lifeless carcass.... Courtesy of SLAYER!

b-dan
tear his eyes, rip his flesh off, beat him till he's a lifeless carcass.... Courtesy of SLAYER! i like the sound of that

LizzyT123
i like the sound of that

smile Slayer rules, have you gotten the movie back yet?

b-dan
no nice sig

LizzyT123
no nice sig

lol, thanks

b-dan
anytime

LizzyT123
anytime

smile, yeah, so you'd better kick your friend in the face if you still haven't gotten your movie back

b-dan
i just got it bak!!!. Hey has any of you heard about that damed remake of the fly they might make why woul dhtye remake a movie that been remade and then ruin it is it gonna be made

LizzyT123
I heard about the remake, it probably will be a piece of crap

Pepito
You think that's bad there's a remake of The Wicca Man coming out set in Texas with Nicholas Cage

b-dan
lord help us the only movie i liked Cage in was Lord of war

T.M
I liked Matchstick Men yes

I think I will watch The Fly tonight big grin

b-dan
good man i saw both specail edidtions in one store didnt have enough money tho o well ill go buy the Machinest instead cuz i own the fly. I watched like last night tho

BackFire
I just got finished watching this film. Been a couple of years since I last saw it.

I have to say that the effects are still top notch. Anamatronics I think is still a very effective tool and I wish more films would make use of it these days, infinitely better than CGI. Just having an actual thing there, existing, instead of creating it after the fact is always better, I feel.

Regardless, the most shocking thing about this film isn't the gruesome scenes, or the gore, or the make up effects, it's how absolutely heartbreaking and tragic it ends up being. It's a very underrated aspect of this movie. This is a very sad story being told very effectively.

Goldbloom's acting is also outstanding, as is Davis'. It's amazing how he juggles charisma and desperation like he does in this movie.

A masterpiece.

Pandemoniac
One of the very best horrormovies ever & my favorite Cronenberg entry. Fine example of 'they don't make em as good as this anymore'.

Impediment
I still have a place in my little, black heart for this movie. It's one of the earliest films I can remember that used to make me cry when I saw it as a little boy. The greatest tragedy of this story is Seth's victimization due to his accident, in my opinion.

lord xyz
I first watched this film on the TV. That scene when his ear fell off! People around me shit their pants. I thought it was great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.