Best Horror Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tpaquin
There are a lot of horror remakes making their way into our theaters to milk our money away. Despite that, tere have been some good remakes in the past.

Two remakes that I think surpassed the original are Invasion of the Bodysnatchers, and The Thing.

Cinemaddiction
I'd guess "The Thing". That's about it.

Jason_Krueger
The Fly was awsomely done by David Chronenberg & The Thing is my all time favorite......The Blob was also a very good remake

Impediment
Agreed on The Thing, very awesome flick, very awesome remake. The Blob was a little silly to me, but enjoyable. I also like the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead, but the original will always reign supreme.

b-dan
the fly!!!!!!! my fave movie

Deano
the thing

kmcdude
The Fly

feral cat
The Thing

MildPossession
House on Haunted Hill, I prefer the remake to the original.

tpaquin
Originally posted by MildPossession
House on Haunted Hill, I prefer the remake to the original. Yes, far less corny.

MildPossession
The screaming got on my nerves in the original.

beta-wolf_101
I agree with most of these remakes like the Thing, the Fly and the house on haunted hill were all good but you have to admit they couldn't do anything really good in the sixtys without the FCC jumping down their throat.

papabeard
Yeah, also films are realised much better nowadays, the craft of film-making has developed (excuse the pun)so much since the 40's and 50's.

Aini
the ring (only the first one)

papabeard
I liked the House on Haunted Hill, The Fly, The Toolbox Murders remake was much better than the original , it couldnt be much worse and apparently its based on a true story. Also I like the Tom Savini Night of The Living Dead remake

I heard that they are remaking The Last House on the Left, anyone know if this is true?

Aini
I've just seen Tool Box Murders and I thought it was stupid....only good thing in it was sheri moon (althought she dies pretty fast)...

frau
The Thing remake... Much better than the original.

I heard they are remaking The Fly and The Blob.... Again. Is that really necessary?

actor
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Evil Dead
Night of the Living Dead is also a great remake............

ResubianNushi
Originally posted by Evil Dead
Night of the Living Dead is also a great remake............

How bout Island of the Dead? Guess what's that about. It's about killer flies.

I'd have to say Dawn of the Dead was not bad. I at least didn't laugh at it like I laughed at the first one. erm

shaber
Cronenburg's The Fly of the ones I've seen.

MildPossession
I haven't heard anything official on it, but Cravens The Hills have Eyes is definitely getting a remake, and I think for me it will be a hell of a lot better than the original. The original didn't really do anything for me, was quite bored.

metpix
lhl . metpix . com

deathbycorn
95' remake of Piranha

Blue_Butterfly
The Thing and Dawn Of The Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.