Can Thanos fly?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
He can take blasts from the likes of Odin or Tyrant, he has incredible physical strenght, intelligence, a source of dark power to tap into, but I've never saw him fly except for when he was the owner of the HOTU and the IG.

Scoobless
don't think so

whirlysplat
I am pretty sure he could if he wanted, his brother is very good at it and it probably put him off as a child not being able to competeconfused

Poor Thanossad

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I am pretty sure he could if he wanted, his brother is very good at it and it probably put him off as a child not being able to competeconfused

Poor Thanossad
Maybe that's when he snapped... sad
Thanos: "Everybody loves Eros"
That could be a fun show big grin

armandovalles
No, he cannot fly, but he can propel himself through his blasts like Jack of Hearts and Blastaar do.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by armandovalles
No, he cannot fly, but he can propel himself through his blasts like Jack of Hearts and Blastaar do.

Eh Armand confused thats flying big grin

K3VIL
Originally posted by armandovalles
Jack Of Hearts before his death has achieved control over his powers, he was able to hover in mid air and fly without propeling himself in that way.
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Eh Armand confused thats flying big grin
Mimic fly

K Von Doom
During IG, just after Thanos lost the gauntlet and Nebula banished him someplace, he was seen just floating in space, which means he can't actually fly. But in slight contrast to this, during Thanos Quest, the Runner destroyed Thanos' chair and Thanos was just hanging onto the debris. While Runner was talking, Thanos lunged at Runner (didn't touch Runner but moved towards him), which is weird seeing as Thanos has zero weight in space and had no momentum.

Flight probably isn't one of his natural abilities. Might be similar to Surfer and Firelord - neither have been seen to fly without the surfboard and staff - but if they focus their cosmic energy into flying, they'd be able too. I think, anyway. But seeing as Thanos also uses cosmic energy, he should be able to fly as well, if he focused his energy that way.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by K3VIL
Jack Of Hearts before his death has achieved control over his powers, he was able to hover in mid air and fly without propeling himself in that way.

Mimic fly

Its the same as iron mans boot jetssmile

Sixth_Winged
he's a lazy bastard, but.......

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3270/thanoslevitating2he.th.jpg

.....true levitation

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by K Von Doom
During IG, just after Thanos lost the gauntlet and Nebula banished him someplace, he was seen just floating in space, which means he can't actually fly. But in slight contrast to this, during Thanos Quest, the Runner destroyed Thanos' chair and Thanos was just hanging onto the debris. While Runner was talking, Thanos lunged at Runner (didn't touch Runner but moved towards him), which is weird seeing as Thanos has zero weight in space and had no momentum.

Flight probably isn't one of his natural abilities. Might be similar to Surfer and Firelord - neither have been seen to fly without the surfboard and staff - but if they focus their cosmic energy into flying, they'd be able too. I think, anyway. But seeing as Thanos also uses cosmic energy, he should be able to fly as well, if he focused his energy that way.

I think this is what you were implying:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanosfloat.jpg

To answer the thread starters question, he can levitate, but he can't fly.

roughrider
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I think this is what you were implying:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanosfloat.jpg

To answer the thread starters question, he can levitate, but he can't fly.

Looks like it.
Eros may use some mechanical device on him - flight ring or something - to fly through space, alongside people like Firelord.

who?-kid
I don't understand why this is being debated : Thanos can not fly, he has never been seen flying, nowhere is stated he can fly and so on...

SnakeEyes
Are there any Thanos trades out? Preferably somewhat recent.

ScarletSpider
As one of the Eternals, Eros just mentally controls gravitons to fly. Being that he's a deviant eternal, Thanos' abilities in those regards may differ. I'm sure he could, but just doesn't feel like it.

long pig
No.
He can levi' and he can teleport, but no actual flying.

Could he? Possibly, but he'd be like a bottle rocket, no control.

Wally West
I dunno, we know he can levitate and it may turn out to be flight, he may have granted himself that ability after the events of The End. At the moment I guess you have to say he can't truely fly, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen in a future appearance.

hoorayforpeepee
it's stupid to think he absolutely can't fly. i mean, he can probably invent a C or faster flight ring in his sleep. even aside, it seems like manipulation of his other powers could easily lead to flight.

most likely: thanos just looks really stupid flying, from a purely character-design perspective.

Scoobless
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Might be similar to Surfer and Firelord - neither have been seen to fly without the surfboard and staff - but if they focus their cosmic energy into flying, they'd be able too.

Firleord can fly without his staff.... he just uses it for additional balance and control:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/600/023yp.th.gif http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/3894/030zh.th.gif http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9431/044wm.th.gif http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9039/057ct.th.gif

lol..... Spidey's hands are touching his "Precious Firestaff" ... laughing out loud

King_Mungi
Thanos can fly with his helicopter

Oh those were the days smile

Magneto1982
Just like his DC counterpart Darkseid, Thanos cannot fly, but only levitate himself.

vansonbee
Flying is beneath Thanos.

YoungGunna
Probably could but flying just doesn't fit Thanos just levitating

WhiteWitchKing
Giant bricks don't fly unless they're wearing a cape.

Earth levitation similar to Terrax so um yeah he can fly in this sense.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/thanoslavitating.jpg

Black bolt z
Why would thanos need to fly when he can teleport?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Why would thanos need to fly when he can teleport?
In terms of traveling you're right, teleportation makes a lack of flying less of a short coming, but in combat Superman-style flight is superior to the kind of teleportation Thanos has demonstrated.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Omega Vision
In terms of traveling you're right, teleportation makes a lack of flying less of a short coming, but in combat Superman-style flight is superior to the kind of teleportation Thanos has demonstrated.

Thanos don't need to fly. He would drop Sups while chilling on the ground.

Nihilist
Thanos has showed he can fly once, in the cosmic cube arc.(just before he got the cube)

Power Cosmic II
thanos looks foolish flying. that's why he has the power chair.

Endless Mike
He can levitate

psycho gundam
eternals are able to fly by being taught to utilize their cosmic energy to levitate, and iirc their abilities are graded on a (0)1-5 level of efficiency (ikaris being a 5 in flight). apparently either didn't bother to harness his innate potential, can't due to his mutant physiology, or chooses not to in order to re-route his personal energies for other aspects of his power-set like strength.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
eternals are able to fly by being taught to utilize their cosmic energy to levitate, and iirc their abilities are graded on a (0)1-5 level of efficiency (ikaris being a 5 in flight). apparently either didn't bother to harness his innate potential, can't due to his mutant physiology, or chooses not to in order to re-route his personal energies for other aspects of his power-set like strength.
I thought Thanos wasn't an actual deviant/mutant, he was a genetically "pure" Eternal who through some small superficial mutation had the surface appearance of a deviant but all the same internal physiology of a proper Eternal.

Doctor-Alvis
Guess he can't fly, but at least he can fight and crow.

Endless Mike
This scan shows him appearing to fly, but it's the only example I can recall that seems more like flight than levitation:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2mmv3x0.jpg

Allankles
Originally posted by Magneto1982
Just like his DC counterpart Darkseid, Thanos cannot fly, but only levitate himself.

Just to clarify (I know this was an eternity ago) but Darkseid can fly.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Endless Mike
This scan shows him appearing to fly, but it's the only example I can recall that seems more like flight than levitation:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2mmv3x0.jpg

wtf...that just seems wrong that he can move like that

psycho gundam
I thought Thanos wasn't an actual deviant/mutant, he was a genetically "pure" Eternal who through some small superficial mutation had the surface appearance of a deviant but all the same internal physiology of a proper Eternal. he was born with more strength then any of the other eternals, and his ability to channel/absorb cosmic energy is greater than all of them, possibly save zuras (and cronos after his ascension)

Allankles
I thought Thanos wasn't an actual deviant/mutant, he was a genetically "pure" Eternal who through some small superficial mutation had the surface appearance of a deviant but all the same internal physiology of a proper Eternal.

Yeah he's genetically 100% Eternal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.