About Star Wars roleplaying forum..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil
Now this strikes me as odd, we have one, and yet.. It has nothing to do with Star Wars d20.. -_0

I know there's a pdf file over the net, but it rapes my Emachines. (PDFs tend to do that to everything..) so someone, a Yoda if you will.. could attempt to convert the pdf to html form, post it as a sticky, and then the SWrpg forum could be better in general..

Or I DO have alot of D&D products over html, heck, Dungeons&Dragons when you take out the spellcasters and leavein the psionics could do star wars well. (Wilders would easily be tempted towards the darkside, and soulknives are like a living lightsaber!) or you could keep spellcasting but leave them to the following sense they are religous about the force:

Cloisterd Cleric/Jedi Consular.
Rage Cleric/Jedi Gaurdian.
Regular Cleric/Jedi Sentinel.
Divine Bard/Force Adept.

Course under either circumstances you'd have to tweak the ranger/paladin to not be spellcasters..

And then ofcourse there's the THIRD option because I also have at my disposal a d20 mordern html site.. You could add psionics to d20 modern, they only go up to level 10 there though.. sp npcs like Vader or whatever would be alot more believable as characters beyond level 10 in a psychic class, what do you think???

DarkC
Huh? blink

muserke
Originally posted by DarkC
Huh? blink

Cinemaddiction
Why don't you ask this IN THE SW RPG forum?

Evil
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Why don't you ask this IN THE SW RPG forum?
Cause it's not actually an rpg? More like a question of how to run the rpg?

silvertsume
hey..im honestly not trying ot be mean, but we really dont care erm

Ushgarak
It's basically because SW d20 isn't much good. The d20 system does trying to re-create the films a disservice.

Feel free to ask the players if they think the game needs to be 'better'.

Masrix
Originally posted by silvertsume
hey..im honestly not trying ot be mean, but we really dont care erm
Shes got a point..

Wickerman
Originally posted by Evil
Now this strikes me as odd, we have one, and yet.. It has nothing to do with Star Wars d20.. -_0

I know there's a pdf file over the net, but it rapes my Emachines. (PDFs tend to do that to everything..) so someone, a Yoda if you will.. could attempt to convert the pdf to html form, post it as a sticky, and then the SWrpg forum could be better in general..

Or I DO have alot of D&D products over html, heck, Dungeons&Dragons when you take out the spellcasters and leavein the psionics could do star wars well. (Wilders would easily be tempted towards the darkside, and soulknives are like a living lightsaber!) or you could keep spellcasting but leave them to the following sense they are religous about the force:

Cloisterd Cleric/Jedi Consular.
Rage Cleric/Jedi Gaurdian.
Regular Cleric/Jedi Sentinel.
Divine Bard/Force Adept.

Course under either circumstances you'd have to tweak the ranger/paladin to not be spellcasters..

And then ofcourse there's the THIRD option because I also have at my disposal a d20 mordern html site.. You could add psionics to d20 modern, they only go up to level 10 there though.. sp npcs like Vader or whatever would be alot more believable as characters beyond level 10 in a psychic class, what do you think???

Oh God.......did he just use Unearthed arcana classes????? *runs over to bathroom while holding mouth*
sick

Oh God.........did he just mention using RULES????? *runs over to bathroom while holding mouth*
sick

~wickerman~

silvertsume
Originally posted by Wickerman
Oh God.......did he just use Unearthed arcana classes????? *runs over to bathroom while holding mouth*
sick

Oh God.........did he just mention using RULES????? *runs over to bathroom while holding mouth*
sick

~wickerman~ oh no..no.. *runs to wicker with a bowl* i just cleaned the bathroom! stick out tongue

Wickerman
Originally posted by silvertsume
oh no..no.. *runs to wicker with a bowl* i just cleaned the bathroom! stick out tongue

I'm sorry honey sad I just couldn't help myself from throwing up cry

~wickerman~

silvertsume
I'm sorry honey sad I just couldn't help myself from throwing up cry

~wickerman~ its ok.... hug now feel better

Lana
Wow, apparently this guy never realized that there are other RPs than just the d20 one (which I've never played because I've heard of it's suckiness) and that the SWRP section on here is fan-run RPs.....what a concept....roll eyes (sarcastic)

I play the main SWRP here and I think it's fine. Lots of panicky moments (yay for the dark side) and lots of fun.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Lana
Wow, apparently this guy never realized that there are other RPs than just the d20 one (which I've never played because I've heard of it's suckiness) and that the SWRP section on here is fan-run RPs.....what a concept....roll eyes (sarcastic)

I play the main SWRP here and I think it's fine. Lots of panicky moments (yay for the dark side) and lots of fun.

I'm sure he just made the quick connection between the already existing d20 system and an easy use for it in this case, and was just asking a simple question without knowing of the innate hatred of the d20 system around here erm

~wickerman~

Ushgarak
It was the suggestion that the SW area needed it to be better that is troublesome.

Besides, my thoughts on the D20 system are not innate, they are from experience, and I don't even dislike it that much (though the skill system really is not appropriate for many settings).

But other than, as I say above, SW d20 not being great for the franchise...

... one of the bigger problems is that d20 doesn't work very well on-line, in a setting like this.

Scythe
You people are too cool...

DarkC
no expression

Scythe
Die, please?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It was the suggestion that the SW area needed it to be better that is troublesome.

Besides, my thoughts on the D20 system are not innate, they are from experience, and I don't even dislike it that much (though the skill system really is not appropriate for many settings).

But other than, as I say above, SW d20 not being great for the franchise...

... one of the bigger problems is that d20 doesn't work very well on-line, in a setting like this.

Hmmm.......i can see how you'd consider that troublesome. I'm pretty sure though that you'd allow a game in the SWRPG forum to be conducted under d20 rules right?

Yeah, shouldn't've used the word "innate", it's just that most people i've spoken to on KMC dislike the d20 system....something i find quite disturbing seeing as how most don't even have real reasons other than another form of "I'm too lazy for all those rules sad "

I've seen it being played and played d20 online a bunch of times just fine. Even on forums. there's absolutely no problem whatsoever. A character sheet at the beginning, and online dicebots do the trick just fine erm

~wickerman~

Scythe
Hehehe, dicebots....

Wickerman
Originally posted by Scythe
Hehehe, dicebots....

Feel free to expire at any time thumb up

~wickerman~

Scythe
Feel free to.....nvm

Ushgarak
Hmmm.......i can see how you'd consider that troublesome. I'm pretty sure though that you'd allow a game in the SWRPG forum to be conducted under d20 rules right?

Yeah, shouldn't've used the word "innate", it's just that most people i've spoken to on KMC dislike the d20 system....something i find quite disturbing seeing as how most don't even have real reasons other than another form of "I'm too lazy for all those rules sad "

I've seen it being played and played d20 online a bunch of times just fine. Even on forums. there's absolutely no problem whatsoever. A character sheet at the beginning, and online dicebots do the trick just fine erm

~wickerman~

Remember this isn't a specifically RPing forum. I have only one player in my games who is actually a committed RPer.

The actual physical running of the rules- so long as the GM makes the effort- isn't the problem. Getting all the players comfortable with them is. Your average D&D spell list will send most people scurrying away. It just doesn't have the same atmopshere of learning that it does in person- and to some extent, nearly everyone here will be 'lazy' in the way you describe, I am afraid. Getting people who would not normally rules game into rules gaming is hard and it has failed many times before.

But of course I wouldn't forbid it. Please, anyone can feel free. Not only do I have no reason to not allow it, even if I didn't like it I wouldn't care, because at the end of the day the quality of the story is more important then the rules.

And as there is a D&D D20 game running in the main RP area... now allowing an SW one would be mad.

Wickerman
Remember this isn't a specifically RPing forum. I have only one player in my games who is actually a committed RPer.

The actual physical running of the rules- so long as the GM makes the effort- isn't the problem. Getting all the players comfortable with them is. Your average D&D spell list will send most people scurrying away. It just doesn't have the same atmopshere of learning that it does in person- and to some extent, nearly everyone here will be 'lazy' in the way you describe, I am afraid. Getting people who would not normally rules game into rules gaming is hard and it has failed many times before.

But of course I wouldn't forbid it. Please, anyone can feel free. Not only do I have no reason to not allow it, even if I didn't like it I wouldn't care, because at the end of the day the quality of the story is more important then the rules.

And as there is a D&D D20 game running in the main RP area... now allowing an SW one would be mad.

Yeah, i can understand what you're saying. But assuming i brought 4 or so players that are already familiar with the rules, atmosphere, etc., there should be absolutely no problem at all.

Like i said in the other thread, i don't like "teaching" people how to play the games, or GM-ing a group of people that are new to the game. I'm just not altruistic enough stick out tongue

But like i said, if i brought a few already knowledgeable players to the (virtual) table, that wouldn't be a problem right?

~wickerman~

ps: i'm sure you meant "not" instead of "now" in the last line wink

Ushgarak
I am pretty sure I meant that as well, yes...

And yes, if all the players were rules-savvy already, no prlblem at all.

Wickerman
I am pretty sure I meant that as well, yes...

And yes, if all the players were rules-savvy already, no prlblem at all.

icon5 wait.....i was right icon5

cool. Another question......you MUST understand that in order to RP certain things/characters/situations, there's a need for a little "bending" in the "vulgarity" rule erm

wait....that's not what i mean.....ahem.....for instance, if there's a sex scene about to commence, i always fade to black, no matter what. Players can cyber somewhere other than my game. Completely unallowed.
But if a character's a ghetto gang leader from the Bronx in some d20 modern game or something like that, i'm thinking for RP purposes that vulgarity issues such as foul language would be slightly overlooked as long as they're not used to abuse the rules.....????

~wickerman~

Lana
Um, we rather break the rules on that all the time in the RP here, heh.

Wickerman
Um, we rather break the rules on that all the time in the RP here, heh.

Not liiiiiiiisteniiiiiing to youuuuuuuuuu schmoll

you listen to your mean mean geeky friends who don't know squat bout d20 cry

~wickerman~

Ushgarak
There are limits, of course, but it is flexible. Star Wars tends to be clean as a whistle- certainly on the Light Side- but other games are less so, and there has never been any need so far for the normal rules to trample over that.

Lana
Not liiiiiiiisteniiiiiing to youuuuuuuuuu schmoll

you listen to your mean mean geeky friends who don't know squat bout d20 cry

~wickerman~

My friends aren't as geeky as me, so I don't even get to play RPs outside the internet anymore. It sucks.

I know we tend to go a bit nuts on the Dark Side.....

Wickerman
There are limits, of course, but it is flexible. Star Wars tends to be clean as a whistle- certainly on the Light Side- but other games are less so, and there has never been any need so far for the normal rules to trample over that.

Alright then. When i'm done with my campaign setting i'll be sure to remember that thumb up

Hmm....think i still have to do some work on the pantheons, cleric domains, and items and such.

~wickerman~

Wickerman
My friends aren't as geeky as me, so I don't even get to play RPs outside the internet anymore. It sucks.

I know we tend to go a bit nuts on the Dark Side.....

I'm 100% sure you could find a DnD group somewhere near where you live.....you should look for one. You might get lucky and get an awesome DM. thumb up

~wickerman~

Lana
That could work, if not for the fact that I'm totally anti-social and shy and freak out over meeting people erm

Evil
That could work, if not for the fact that I'm totally anti-social and shy and freak out over meeting people erm
Live in Florida? I and my clique seperated from our group cause they didn't like us..

Ray. (They claimed he was too stupid..)
Myself. (Claimed my gothy Satanism tone was too much.. out of game..)
Angelia. (Liked Ray and they still go out. Everyone liked her though..)
Katey. (Liked me and forbidded everyone but the clique to visit her. And she's rich so you can immagine that's easy..)
Diana. (Just said "**** you guys" and stopped showing up.. We still talk on occassion though..)

It was like 8-bit Theatre minus the self-rightouss ***** of a whitemage.. lol..

Wickerman

LOL......you can just find them over the net (i can recommend where to search. PM if you're interested) and then meet them after you've already "met" them over the net wink

~wickerman~

Wickerman
Originally posted by Evil
Live in Florida? I and my clique seperated from our group cause they didn't like us..

Ray. (They claimed he was too stupid..)
Myself. (Claimed my gothy Satanism tone was too much.. out of game..)
Angelia. (Liked Ray and they still go out. Everyone liked her though..)
Katey. (Liked me and forbidded everyone but the clique to visit her. And she's rich so you can immagine that's easy..)
Diana. (Just said "**** you guys" and stopped showing up.. We still talk on occassion though..)

It was like 8-bit Theatre minus the self-rightouss ***** of a whitemage.. lol..

Sorry to be harsh, but sounds like a pretty crappy group then erm

~wickerman~

Masrix
Sorry to be harsh, but sounds like a pretty crappy group then erm

~wickerman~

Wickermans got a point

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.