500 Droidekas vs. 100 rebels, 200 clone troopers, 200 jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
The jedi do not include anakin, obi, mace, yoda, or qui-gon

LordSorgo
Visit here to see what happens when you make a thread involving high numbers.

Darth Windu
Lessen up on the threads. . . please.

Dark Thor
kk, im just bored

Lord Matreid
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Visit here to see what happens when you make a thread involving high numbers.

It's good that you have learned from your mistakes, Sorgo. wink

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Lord Matreid
It's good that you have learned from your mistakes, Sorgo. wink

I still think it was Logical enough for the timing of the Episode three character line, but it was just stupid.

Oh well, it's goes down in history as the worst thread ever. Andi am the greator. Yippee! stick out tongue

Darth L. Dipsit
The only problem with large numbers (with the exclusion of units, like "troops" or "armies"wink is that there are too many variables to pleasantly discuss. Those of you of who have made such threads, you're not being targeted - it's just frustrating to try to take a side on such a thread, because there are so many arguments to be made that it simply doesn't seem worthwhile (this is all just opinion) to keep track.

To those of you who feel offended, no one is trying to disrespect you. It is only the content of your thread that is being scrutinized. I know that when I sometimes might not understand all the reasons for making a certain thread, or the conditions of the fight outlined, I mean no personal harm to the creator when I write my feelings about it. So, sirs, please try not to grow brittle or angry as a result of replies that you have received.

Peace be with you all.

Illustrious
Exactly. It's not that large battles are not fun, in fact, they may be TOO fun. The issue is that we are trying to come to a viable consensus -- hopefully with reasonable debating and skillful concessions. However, with such large numbers, that verdict is almost impossible. Far too much action to be accounted for, and too many variables the could potentially sway the decision.

Ultimately, people will naturally simplify the fight anyway, so the large numbers are pointless.

Take a look at all the 2v2 threads, individuals do not (or can not) reasonably envision an actual 2 on 2 thread with the teammates using TEAM WORK or the like, and they instead break it down into 2 1v1 matches. That's all fine and dandy, but it's not really 2v2, it's more like tournament style 1v1.

If you create a thread with 200, or 500 variables, most individuals would not even reasonably be able to break it down far enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.