General Greivous, Warrior or wimp?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Will-one Kenobi
All right i dont give a damm about wheather there has been another thread on this i just want to know what you think on General Grievous!

Captain REX
Originally posted by Will-one Kenobi
All right i dont give a damm about wheather there has been another thread on this

You should, or you'll have your head smashed in by fanatics... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Warrior; Obi-Wan may have killed him, but he wasn't killed in seconds like a flimsy battle droid. And he was a threat to the Republic.

StinkFist462
how the hell would GG be classified as a wimp?

Lord Matreid
Warrior, he was feared by the Jedi and he was number 1 on their hit list.

General Zink
Those who voted WIMP have no knowledge...

Lil Krueger
Warrior, the only reason why Grevious sucked in ROTS because of that b!tch Windu, Windu damaged Grevious servely in Clone Wars.

Lord Matreid
Originally posted by Lil Krueger
Warrior, the only reason why Grevious sucked in ROTS because of that b!tch Windu, Windu damaged Grevious servely in Clone Wars.

EU

EU

EU

THEJEDIMASTER
WIMP

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Lord Matreid
EU

EU

EU

So he's just coughing and hacking because he has a smoking problem?

garn
The cartoon series, The Clone Wars, is canon material.

Lord Matreid
Originally posted by Darth Koroni

Of course silly... no expression

DeVi| D0do
WIMP!

He ran every chance he got. He's a coward and a wimp.

Master Liahon
i would say...

whimp- because he runs away whenever he is caut in a snag in a battle (Losing two of his arms durring the fight with obi-wan)

Warrior- hes great fighter, fast, etc.

Captain REX
Originally posted by garn
The cartoon series, The Clone Wars, is canon material.

Nope, not really. If it ain't a movie or a script or a novel based on the movie, it's not canon. Don't try to tell me otherwise, you will not win.

Grievous was #1 on the Jedi hit list and a threat to the Republic; even if he did run from Obi-Wan because the Jedi was hauling him, he is still a warrior.

DeVi| D0do
He's a wimpy warrior though... stick out tongue

Captain REX
But Warrior none the less... stick out tongue

LordSorgo
He is obviously both.

He had an accomplishment of killing several Jedi in the Clone Wars Cartoon series.

Meanwhile, he also has a tendancy to run away from fights and likes to try to hide from things.

Oh and the reason Grievous coughs is because GL wanted to let people know he wasn't 100% droid.

Padawan
LMAO, well, that coughing and hacking sure put me off him, for sure. Yech! laughing out loud

Originally posted by Darth Koroni

amity75
He was one of the most original and unique looking villains in the history of cinema and should have been portrayed like the badass he looked. But he wasn't. Then again, ROTS was just one day out of his life (and happened to be the last) but it was easy to imagine him being a bad mother f*cker on other days.

Master Mawi
Warrior for me. I mean, look at him move during the Clone Wars animated series at the Battle of Hypori and the Battle of Coruscant. Bang . Bang. Bang. There goes Daakman Barrek. Goodbye Shaa-Gi. Oww, that's gotta hurt K'Khruk. There goes your head Tarr Seir. Hope you're crippled Aayla Secura. You're out Shaak Ti. and so on and so on.

Why the hell GL made Grievous look so crappy in ROTS? Yeah, Mace force-crushed his lungs during the Battle of Coruscant in the Clone Wars animated series. BUT really, Grievous should get more credit than that.

kamikz
Originally posted by LordSorgo
He is obviously both.

He had an accomplishment of killing several Jedi in the Clone Wars Cartoon series.

Meanwhile, he also has a tendancy to run away from fights and likes to try to hide from things.

Oh and the reason Grievous coughs is because GL wanted to let people know he wasn't 100% droid.

Exactly. When I bought the game befoore the movie came out the first thing I thought about when Grievous came on screen coughing was that he was not 100% droid.

The Ones
hes 95% droid. 5% organic (or somewhere near that ratio)

JediLikeToDance
Curious. I thought George had him coughing for some comic relief (you know, mr. badass has a weakness i.e., he's escaping and starts laughing but his laugh ends in a cough). I seriously thought that George was just putting the coughing thing in for laughs from the kiddies. But then, I've never seen the Clone Wars animated series, so I wouldn't know about Grievous before RotS.

I'm sure there's some geek in this forum who will defend Lucas at any cost, and therefore set me straight. smile

InsaneNoodlyGuy
It's easy. Mace Windu made Grevious his *****. Up till that point, he as a bad ass mother****er. Obviously, as far as I'm concerned, Clone Wars is canon, or close enough to it unless Lucas decides to say otherwise. It's certainly the only reason why Grevious is suddenly a total wuss: if you got your organs squash, you probably wouldn't be at 100% yourself. Course, I will concede it leaves us with a big stinking Dooku wuss plothole.

grievous16
i yhink that general grievous is a warrior, not a wimp! i mean come on, the reason general grievous ran those times were because he knew of how powerful kenobi and skywalker were i mean i wouldnt wannna be around either one of the most well known ass kicking jedis.i also found something out GL put 2 things in ROTS one thing was from the clone wars which was genereal grievous's hacking wet cough then they put something in there from a recent star wars book called LABRINTH OF EVIL and in it kenobi and skywalker go to cato nemodina home of nute gunray well remember in the beginnig "that business on cato nemodina doesnt count"that was from the book,so ya see i think he just wanted to put alittle backround knowleadge from recent star wars things that went along with ROTS

InsaneNoodlyGuy
THe extremesits will still cite that since it isn't in the movie, anything could have happened on Cato Nemodina. Lets not get into the canon argument again, for the love of god, though I do agree with you.

Morlow
He should've beat Obi-Wan if he has 4 friggin arms and lightsabers. :/

I voted wimp.

Darth Nauj
Warrior because hes a good fighter and killed some jedi but if it wasent for mace he wouldnt be coughing and running all the time

Darth Kronos
during AOTC he did some pretty ill things...(the 4-5 jedi incident)...but in ROTS he was a F*ucking pussy...he ran away twice from ob1 then when he finally fought him, with four lightsabers...he lost and that was was some funny shit (and yes i know about the chest thing but still, he has a cough...so what!)

Darth Kronos
GG "you are no match for my bodyguards"...ok ^o)<----> (if u have msn you will know what that means) like wth why them y not you if your sooo tough smile

JediLikeToDance
As far as I can see, Grievous is no match for a jedi simply because he cannot use the force.

Right there is a huge disadvantage. I mean come on, if the jedi can use force powers against him, he's screwed. smile Remember Obi took out his two remaining sabers with a mere force push.

What really gets me is why when they were having that fight on the cliff ledge that instead of meleeing with Grievous, Obi didn't just force push him off the cliff...? confused

Darth Kronos
Originally posted by JediLikeToDance
As far as I can see, Grievous is no match for a jedi simply because he cannot use the force.

Right there is a huge disadvantage. I mean come on, if the jedi can use force powers against him, he's screwed. smile Remember Obi took out his two remaining sabers with a mere force push.

What really gets me is why when they were having that fight on the cliff ledge that instead of meleeing with Grievous, Obi didn't just force push him off the cliff...? confused
yes but do you remeber when he goes "Ive been trained in your jedi arts"...he can defeat the average Jedi, it's just ob1 is too good

Will-one Kenobi
I,ll admit that Mace Windu did give GG a cough but what does that have to do with him fighting Obi-wan,I mean he had 4 lightsabres and a superior mechanical body and he still lost. HE IS A WIMP!!!!

Will-one Kenobi
Oh by the way lets make this a General Grievous thread for all GG questions and comments so we dont need a new thread for every single tiny Question.

Captain REX
Mace didn't just give Grievous a cough, he kinda crippled him.

Besides, Obi-Wan had the Force, Grievous was screwed anyway... stick out tongue

Will-one Kenobi
TO TRUE

ShadowKing
The "real" reason Grievous had a cough? The guy who did his voice was a sound mixer and happened to be showing footage of Grievous with his somewhat silly faux European accent to GL and Lucas was coughing with a cold. The sound engineer recorded the cough and added it to the vocal acting...of course GL loved it and added that hacking as part of the CGI visualization.

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by ShadowKing
The "real" reason Grievous had a cough? The guy who did his voice was a sound mixer and happened to be showing footage of Grievous with his somewhat silly faux European accent to GL and Lucas was coughing with a cold. The sound engineer recorded the cough and added it to the vocal acting...of course GL loved it and added that hacking as part of the CGI visualization.

If that is true, my respect for George Lucas has dropped a notch, despite how many thought that it wasn't possible.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
He's a wimpy warrior.
yes

Dr. Obliterator
agreed to the wimpy warrior thing

PVS
total wimp. well, to be more specific: wuss

grievous16
hes not a wimp...hes a warrior! hey u know what they say "he who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day" big grin

grievous16
besides grievous wasnt always a cyborg ya know.....if anyone wants to know info on grievous's past i got the lowdown right here.since someone decided we will answer grievous questions here and make it a grievous thread.might as well talk of grievous's past while we are at it.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Originally posted by Captain REX
Mace didn't just give Grievous a cough, he kinda crippled him.

Besides, Obi-Wan had the Force, Grievous was screwed anyway... stick out tongue

That never stopped Grevious from kicking a lot of ass untill Mace made him his *****.

grievous16
does anyone wanna know grievous's past?

DeVi| D0do
No, not really...

Ogami Itto
i voted warrior but i didn't mean too!!! wacko smokin'

hes a wimp

Nactous
Maybe a warior in his early days, before his metallic body. Now hes a coward. GG in Clone Wars was awesome, shame isnt it.

Nactous
Originally posted by grievous16
does anyone wanna know grievous's past?

Yes, yes I do.

grievous16
hey nactous u wanna know grievous's past?

InsaneNoodlyGuy
OH JUST TELL HIM ALLREADY! Better yet, here.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/?id=eu

Bicnarok
He got in there, a warrior. And lets face it with a heart and a head left and still going into battle is bound to cause him to warry

Nactous
Originally posted by grievous16
hey nactous u wanna know grievous's past?

Oh, I know.

grievous16
so u guys know of the shuttle crash?

General Bondius
Great warrior, with to little time on screen. But you can see his real power in the cartoons

Darth Jello
I think the only true representation of Grievous' full power is clone wars chapters 23-25. I mean, that shit was scary, and so was his voice. I like him much better as a wallcrawling mass murderer than an injured, asthmatic wuss.

grievous16
come on man how can u call grievous a wuss i mean did anyone listen to what i said!? "HE WHO FIGHTS AND RUNS AWAY, LIVES TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY"...i mean just cause your running away doesn't really qualify you as a wimp.It means your smart to run so you will be able to live and get revenge on that person later.Also you'd be given enough time to come up with a strategy to defeat your foe.grievous isn't the only one to run from battle...does anyone remember a certain sith lord by the name count dooku who ran off from a lightsaber duel in episode 2???if someone were considered a wuss they would be hiding behind a chair trembling and winning like a little baby did grievous do this????NO there for hes not a wimp.

Arbiter
He battled 5 Jedi at once. Yeah that's a whimp.

Apex512
Originally posted by Arbiter
He battled 5 Jedi at once. Yeah that's a whimp.

Sure is. stick out tongue

The Biker Scout
Warrior...

Skorn254
Warrior. General Grievous kicked a**.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.