Superman (pre-crisis) vs. Superman Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Superman
(pre-crisis)

vs.

Superman Prime

Cosmic Cube
Prime threads are pointless. No one knows anything about him, other than that he's a lot better than normal Superman.

Never
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Prime threads are pointless. No one knows anything about him, other than that he's a lot better than normal Superman.

This is all you need to know.

"The Superman Prime that appeared out of the sun in the year 85,271 is certainly the post powerful member of the Superman Dynasty ever seen and it is quite conceivable that he is now a New God despite his returned humanity. It should be also noted that Superman Prime is currently in possession of the last of the Green Lantern power rings."

Advantage: Superman Prime.

Rurounikeitaro
Originally posted by Never
This is all you need to know.

"The Superman Prime that appeared out of the sun in the year 85,271 is certainly the post powerful member of the Superman Dynasty ever seen and it is quite conceivable that he is now a New God despite his returned humanity. It should be also noted that Superman Prime is currently in possession of the last of the Green Lantern power rings."

Advantage: Superman Prime.

superman is a green lantern ??

Never
Originally posted by Rurounikeitaro
superman is a green lantern ??

No; has and can use the ring.

Ever read DC 1,000,000...? They explain it in there. Superman Prime is golden -- looks like a 6'2" oscar award.

You sometimes hear people reference him as "sun dipped."

Bludhaven Boy
This is Spam. Prime beats everbody except like LT and such.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Bludhaven Boy
This is Spam. Prime beats everbody except like LT and such.

Uh... no.

Bludhaven Boy
ok, I exaggerate, but prime really is ridiculous

masterbruce
Prime is comparable to Galactus

Galactus imbues his heralds with power cosmic just as Prime imbues his supermen dynasty (who are prob more powerful than heralds) with his energy

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by masterbruce
Prime is comparable to Galactus

Galactus imbues his heralds with power cosmic just as Prime imbues his supermen dynasty (who are prob more powerful than heralds) with his energy

Pfft... Doubt it.

There's a huge difference. Galactus is the embodiment of a universe. Superman Prime is the embodiment of a star. There is no comparison.

What is the source of Supes power? Is it the Sun or Prime?

masterbruce
I would seriously love to see superman prime in action...in concept, he just sounds so damn awesome, but you're right, he doesn't really have any feats to show for other than defeating vandal savage and solaris

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by masterbruce
I would seriously love to see superman prime in action...in concept, he just sounds so damn awesome, but you're right, he doesn't really have any feats to show for other than defeating vandal savage and solaris

My point exactly. Once we see what he's capable of, we'll know, but I wouldn't put him up there with the abstracts.

Never

Looks like both...

"It would seem that the Kryptonian gene that gives a person solar powered abilities is a whole or nothing affair with a person either inheriting all the abilities or none. Then again it is possible that the later generations of the Superman Dynasty did weaken requiring Superman Prime to act as a conduit to feed their powers (as evidenced by the weakening of Superman M* while in the twentieth century)."

A little more...

"At the heart of the System is the Super-Sun. When Superman Prime returned from his wanderings at the edge of creation he forged a covenant with the Superman Dynasty. This was to increase their power in return for a reaffirmation of their duties and responsibilities. After that he retreated into the Sun to begin a healing and metamorphoses that would take centuries. His unique Kryptonian ability to absorb and process solar energy changed the nature of the radiation from the Sun so that it "turbo-charged" his descendants, the Superman Dynasty. What he did inside the Sun is unknown, yet over time it became normal for people to refer to the Sun as his Fortress of Solitude. The Sun also served as the link for the System to the Galactic Macronet."

Anywho, a picture of Superman Prime (I mentioned he was golden in another thread I guess) for those who have not seen him:

olympian
Pre Crisis Superman. Prime is all hype and no substance.

hoorayforpeepee
logically, prime should be at about the level of PC-supes. his power upgrades seem like just enough to bridge the gap from post to pre crisis.

Never
He has the Green Lantern ring, plus it is stated that he is the most powerful of the dynasty without it. How is that "PC" level? That's way more powerful.

How is PC going to win?

olympian
By having actual feats and showings against someone who did practically nothing. Thats the very same reason i dont place Sentry at the top either. Not until he shows what he can do at the level "they" say he belongs.

If you count hype, then sure Prime wins without a doubt.

Juntai
Pfft... Doubt it.

There's a huge difference. Galactus is the embodiment of a universe. Superman Prime is the embodiment of a star. There is no comparison.

Well, some of the people of the Superman dynasty were mixed with the blood of Imps from the other dimension. Mxyzptlk and all. Who is pretty much completely omnipotent in the 3rd dimension. Even the Spectre couldn't do shit when Joker took Mr Mxy's powers and did the Emperor Joker series. So to say he's more power than all those by a long shot pretty much spanks Galactus.

hoorayforpeepee
it's pre-crisis level because superman prime is post crisis. so if superman prime is say 100 times more powerful than regular supes, that would put him about on the level of pre-crisis supes.

Never
Originally posted by olympian
By having actual feats and showings against someone who did practically nothing. Thats the very same reason i dont place Sentry at the top either. Not until he shows what he can do at the level "they" say he belongs.

If you count hype, then sure Prime wins without a doubt.

You said "no substance;" you are incorrect there. Could PC Superman defeat Solaris? Doubt it. Could PC Superman recreate Krypton? Definitely not. Have you read any of the DC 1,000,000 series? As stated, Superman Prime is all PC Superman plus more, plus the Green Lantern ring. He's way stronger and way faster than PC Superman. He hibernated in the sun for centuries. No way he is "on par" with PC Superman, he is, without a doubt, the most powerful member of the Superman dynasty according to the guy who created him.

Throw in the Sword of Truth for overkill.

The Superman Dynasty received super esp (amongst other things) from Queen Gzntplzk of the Fifth Dimension.

masterbruce
what feast has the presence, TOAA done? does that mean they're weaker than silver surfer?

hoorayforpeepee
PC-superman could take out solaris with a sneeze. the sword of truth/superman/heaven isn't even in superman prime's possession.

and superman prime is the most powerful member of the superman dynasty POST-CRISIS. pre crisis doesn't exist anymore, so the fact that superman prime is the most powerful m ember of the superman dynasty means nothing in comparison to pre-crisis.

olympian
"You said "no substance;" you are incorrect there. Could PC Superman defeat Solaris? Doubt it. Could PC Superman recreate Krypton? Definitely not. Have you read any of the DC 1,000,000 series?"

We dont know if he couldnt. Wasent he like a poster above said, sneezing planets and receiving magic equipment from God itself? Wasent he time travelling and busting stars with his bare hands? If anything, Prime was a try to recreate some of the over the top Pre Crisis Superman elements.

And yes ive read it.

leonidas
<<PC-superman could take out solaris with a sneeze.>>

no he couldn't.

<<the sword of truth/superman/heaven isn't even in superman prime's possession.>>

how do you know? and if it's not, why couldn't he just summon it? he IS superman. pre-c supes was MASSIVELY inconsistent. take all of pre-c's powers and amp them to the nth degree and you'll have prime. with a gl ring prime wouldn't even be affected by k-radiation or red solar radiation. he's (pre-c supes) x (lord knows how many) with psionic abilities a gl ring AND no weaknesses.

Dark Thor
How powerful is pre-crisis? someone help me!! Hwo strong is Superman Prime

hoorayforpeepee
i've read 1,000,000. nothing in there indicates that prime is more powerful than pre-crisis. moreover, i'm fairly certain that prime is still in fact vulnerable to magic and kryptonite.

olympian called it, prime is just a throwback to some of the pre-crisis feats.

long pig
Prime is for the superman fanboys.
So that they can always say to themselves Superman is the most powerful in existence.

Example: "Superman has the blood of imps who beat god's vengeance."

That's as about as close as you can get to saying "Superman prime is god!!!11oneoneone!!"

olympian
Theres no way well know what Prime does because the man-tan has no feats.

Unlike Pre Crisis, or One million as over the top they are. I go with either against someone whos hype and nothing more.

Avalonofthewind
Pre Crisis Supes (Earth 2) is still around actually. He's living in paradise with Pre crisis lois. I wouldn't put it past DC to actually pull him out of retirement at any time like they did with Precrisis Superboy and Super Girl.

Supes family are practically the only Pre crisis characters still alive.

Avalonofthewind
And to answer the question. Pre crisis would probably win. He's like Bugs Bunny. Written without logic to win against any situation.

Juntai
But yeah, the imps became part of the Superman bloodline, the imps have SUPREME power over the 3rd dimension. It's like me playing with legos and ninja turtles action figures. Build something, play with it until it's not entertaining, then destroy it. To say PRIME Superman is stronger than that, is an enormous judge of power. Needless to say as well, that the rest of the characters from 1 million were considered as nothing to Superman Prime , and WW was deleting people from ever existing and Batman . . .man, I don't even know about him. In the secret files I recall it saying his IQ was well into the thousands. And he KOed our bats in one move. And Hourman was like a complete God of Time, simply writing and rewriting time as he saw fit.... until he gave the power up to Metron that is.

Kryptonite barely effects Superman NOW, by the time Kingdom Come happens its just a minor irritation pretty much, and the red sun didn't effect him either... and PRIME is way beyond that. It should be assumed that after baking in the core of the sun for 700 some odd centuries that he's no longer weak to magic, k, red sun.... and probably most any other type of damage.

But Pre-Crisis Superman, . . . could do almost anything. . . . anytime he needed/wanted to. Leap forwards backwards in time, vibrate like flash through objects, throw and/or smash planets and stars to dust, move from Earth to the wall of the universe instantly. Essentially unstoppable, except that K really ****ed him up.

kgkg
Prime is the strongest Superman out there, this been stated in 1 mill.

All the 1 mil Hero looked at him as a Legend, a Savior the HERO

Pre-Crisis = Black Adam >= CM

leonidas
there's always loads of talk about pre-c supes. fact is he was written inconsistently and often illogically. some of his feats are amazing but also preposterous and he would lose if a plot called for it, but almost always come back and win in the end.

to say he would beat prime however is utterly ridiculous. prime is pre-c taken to the nth degree and granted even MORE powers + a gl ring. sinestro has battled pre-c and done very well, as has gl himself. kg mentioned that black adam stalemated him. pre-c supes had some great showings but some silly showings as well.

nothing silly or illogical about prime. 15 000 years in the heart of the sun + another 70 000 years absorbing ambient solar power that made kingdom come supes MUCH stronger in only a couple DECADES!

honestly, are you kidding? this one is not even remotely close. and if it were written to be close it would be the biggest PIS in the history of comics. course, it often seems PIS is pre-c supes specialty. i love pre-c supes, but prime obliterates him.

olympian
"Pre Crisis Supes (Earth 2) is still around actually"

Dont you mean the retired Golden Age Supes?

Juntai
Originally posted by kgkg
Prime is the strongest Superman out there, this been stated in 1 mill.

All the 1 mil Hero looked at him as a Legend, a Savior the HERO

Pre-Crisis = Black Adam >= CM They see him as that always.

superman420sexy
Prime superman is superman, he was jsut heartbroken because of his Near Immortality that everyone he would grow to love would die, especially Lois, so he left the job of superman to superman senectus or whatever, and came back whatever odd years later after being in the sun. Maby pre-crisis supes was so strong because he was absorbing energy off of himself thousands of years in the future?

And can someone please tell me who super boy is? Is he supermans son? I don't know anythign about superboy, jsut superman

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by superman420sexy
Prime superman is superman, he was jsut heartbroken because of his Near Immortality that everyone he would grow to love would die, especially Lois, so he left the job of superman to superman senectus or whatever, and came back whatever odd years later after being in the sun. Maby pre-crisis supes was so strong because he was absorbing energy off of himself thousands of years in the future?

And can someone please tell me who super boy is? Is he supermans son? I don't know anythign about superboy, jsut superman

No, superboy isn't superman's son. Well at least not the one we see in infinite crisis. That's superboy prime. He came from earth-prime...yay logic. eek! DC had to somehow explain how there would be an adult superman fighting in WWII era when they clearly had a superboy growing up in smallville at the same time. So the popular solution was for him to be in a different universe. when crisis on infinite earths came around, superboy prime was just too cute or something to die, so they dumped him with PC (E2) supes, his wife, and alex luthor in a paradise dimension. The Post crisis superboy is a clone of luthor plus kryptonian DNA. He is a douchebag.

Oh, and prime would win.

superman420sexy
wait so superboy infinite crisis WAS superman?

superman420sexy
Is superman senectus or selectus or whatever supermans son?

cheap cabbage
wait so superboy infinite crisis WAS superman?

yes, in a different universe. He just never grew up apparently.

cheap cabbage
Is superman senectus or selectus or whatever supermans son?

Secundus or whatever is related to him. Likely his son. They never really explain how exactly teh kid came about since they'd also have to explain why how superman could have sex with lois w/o killing her.

superman420sexy
because superman prime lightspeed heralded temporary kryptonian power to her so he could have sex with her, because he remembered how good it felt when he did it for himself centuries before in the different time universes confused

Kind of like how Harry potter used Hermione's little necklace to go forward in time and use that spell to protect himself from those guys whow ere going to suck out his spirit!

superman420sexy
wella ctually that honestly sounds pretty dam acceptible maby I should be a dc writer

cheap cabbage
wella ctually that honestly sounds pretty dam acceptible maby I should be a dc writer

You have fun with that.

superman420sexy
I was j/k about the writer part, but Superman in the future, known as superman prime, has power to give others portions of his power, correct?

cheap cabbage
I was j/k about the writer part, but Superman in the future, known as superman prime, has power to give others portions of his power, correct?

Yeah, but only to members of the "holier than thou" superman dynasty. But who knows, he smash into heaven and made the archangels his *****, so likely he can give out as much power as he wants. He brough lois back from the dead so I dont see why not. He's superman prime, u dont know what his crazy ass can do.

superman420sexy
lmfao your a funny ass mofo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.