Doomsday vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fanboy
According to my secret resources Doomsday is a better fighter then Thanos and way stronger but I want your guys opinion.

Cosmic Cube
By chance, is your secret resource your imagination?

Fanboy
No. Trust me it sure as hell is not my imagination I know how he beat Champion I think he just simply over powered him. Does anyone still have a pic of that?

Fanboy
It is this website I can not tell you guys about because well I don't feel like it.

Dark Thor
this has been done before. moving on...

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Fanboy
No. Trust me it sure as hell is not my imagination I know how he beat Champion I think he just simply over powered him. Does anyone still have a pic of that?

Thanos outsmarted Champ.

Doomsday doesn't stand a remote chance against Thanos.

golem370
Thanos went threw an alien army, pretty good fighter huh?

golem370
and

Dark Thor
who is that thanos is fighting in golem's pic

K Von Doom
That's Tyrant

Fanboy
Seriously man I really think Doomsday would do better with that army because Doomsday does not need laser blasts or anything just his muscle and bones sticking out of his body.

Richrf
Doomsday killed superman right?

A tuff one. I say 6/10 for Thantos if he doesn't have a plan.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Richrf
Doomsday killed superman right?

A tuff one. I say 6/10 for Thantos if he doesn't have a plan.
Current Doomsday feel pain and can think to a level higher than his first appearence against a weak JLA and Superman.
Thanos has a base strenght level that is sufficient to show DD there's someone that can hit him stronger than the Man Of Steel, and can blast him with so much energy he can fry a whole planet.
Thanos is hundred times smarter and more intelligent than Superman, he'll take down DD, and make him a soldier of his army.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Fanboy
According to my secret resources Doomsday is a better fighter then Thanos and way stronger but I want your guys opinion.

Thanos out classes DD in every facet.

8/10 Thanos

golem370
Yeah but doomsday could not even come close to matching Tyrant like thanos is doing

golem370
Remember Thanos is Immortal and can not die

golem370
"Thanos has engaged both Thor, Asgardian God of Thunder, and the Thing, star member of the Fantastic Four, in simultaneous combat and fought them to a standstill. This indicates that Thanos' strength is at least into the Class 100 range, being able to routinely lift well in excess of 100 tons. Through meditation and certain mystical techniques, Thanos augmented his power in still other ways, enabling him to tap, transform, and direct vast quantities of cosmic energy for destructive force". Deadliest of all of Thanos's attributes, perhaps, was his mind, whose superhuman level of intellect was totally dedicated to the annihilation of life.

jinzin
okay is thanos stronger than superman?

doomsday is.....he's stronger than an ehhanced superman.....

how well would thanos hold up to the JLA?

either JLA team that doomsday took down

is thanos made of pure energy equivelent to 100,000 nuclear bombs going off at once?

if he's not how can he take out dd with energy?

are his energy attacks more devistating than darksieds omega beams at full power?

cause dd got up from that too...with a laugh....

thanos can take an army of aliens...that's great....can he take down the entire GL corps?

DD did....

oh and for the record...CURRENT doomsday is no longer a sissy....I don't know what's sissy about downing 300 cogs......but he definitely isn't that doomsday rex wimp that superman whooped on anymore.....

common I DO think thanos should win this...I just don't see how going by these arguments thus far....not yet.....

golem370
Well also he went toe to toe with Odin Could Doomsday do that...

golem370
I personally don't believe Doomsday could Mess with Drax the Destroyer with the Power Gem

jinzin
in a fist fight?

maybe......

not sure.....

if thanos is cautious of hulk...he should be even moreso of doomsday...

golem370
Doomsday could not mess with a Rampaging Hulk the more they Fight the Stronger Hulk gets. Hulk vs Onslaught

jinzin
hulk needed to be augmented in a way by jean to be able to do that...he' would die before hitting that kind of peak anger in a fight with doomsday....doomsday secretes poision from his claws...enough to wear down supes..it would definitely slow down hulk's regenerative factor.......that's the only edge dd needs...not only that but he fights as fast as flash...hulk doesn't do that...

golem370
No she just shut out Banner to fight Onslaught

jinzin
she allowed hulk to reach the pinacle of his rage in order to secure the correct amount of strength....he doesn't do that in normal fights...

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by jinzin
hulk needed to be augmented in a way by jean to be able to do that...he' would die before hitting that kind of peak anger in a fight with doomsday....doomsday secretes poision from his claws...enough to wear down supes..it would definitely slow down hulk's regenerative factor.......that's the only edge dd needs...not only that but he fights as fast as flash...hulk doesn't do that...

Hulk has attained far higher levels of strength than Onslaught-beating level without any assistance. He's virtually immortal, as well. Hulk would crush Doomsday.

Hulk is immune to all poisons.

she allowed hulk to reach the pinacle of his rage in order to secure the correct amount of strength....he doesn't do that in normal fights...

Jean shut out Banner's personality, making Savage Hulk Mindless. Hulk has been far, far stronnger than Onslaught beating level. Hulk has demonstrated infinite strength, at the spurr of a moment. He can gain any amount of strength in any length of time.

jinzin
how is hulk immune to all poisions....but still brought down by gas....his regenerative factor has to have a limit somewhere for that to work.....he's never had to face poisions like doomsdays.....
doomsday IS immortal......and can adapt to any kind of attack given time....hulk can't......

I don't think we an compare onslughts durability to planetoids, or gravity machines....I mean the only test he had was against hulk and we know that jean helped him out.....it's not an entirely accurate assessment to make comparisons when there is no other factor to compare one to except hulk...who's proven MUCH inconsistancy in his strength and durability...

Cosmic Cube
Sleeping gas isn't poison, is it? Hulk is immune to all poisons. His regeneration has NO limit. He has reformed his body from scattered molecules, like an Eternal. Doomsdays poisons are doing nothing.

Hulk can always become stronger, and more durable.

Compare Onslaught's physical form to the Wall of the Flame of Life. It's Deviant technology, and it held up against the physical assaults of Celestials, without a scratch. Hulk ripped it apart in seconds.

Compare Hulk's strength to the combined strength of every other superhero on Earth who tried to destroy Onslaught, and failed.

Durability? Hulk shakes off planet busting shots to the chest. He took the heat of the star engine, which is several times hotter than a Supernova.

Tell me when Hulk has ever been 'too weak' to do anything. Inconsistency? Where?

jinzin
Hulk can take blanet busting shots...hulk gets staggered by a rock falling on his head....inconsistancy.....

had dd ever been too weak to do something?

what kind of argument is that?

doomsday takes blanet busting shots....

so what?

dd regenrated from being completely vaporized.....

again...so what?

again....you're stating some impressive things....none of which however are anything doomsday either hasn't done...or can't handle.....

doomsday adapts to anything that kills him...guess what already killed him?

you know...IRON MAN koed hulk.....can doomsday not?

leonidas
the hulk argument doesn't matter. we're talking dd and thanos. there have been several incarnations of dd but the hunter/prey one is by far the strongest i've seen. as jinzin has said, dd has been shown wiping out the ENTIRE gl corps!! he's also wiped out an entire planet and not just some 'alien army'! he defeated the quardian who was created especially to defeat him and was an ENERGY being. he was EASILY and VASTLY superior to a new god enhanced superman, and he has cut the man of steel and would cut thanos as well. jinzin said it very well - thanos is leary of taking hulk h2h. and don't forget - when he first fought supes, he actually became STRONGER as the fight went on, adapting DURING the fight. IF thanos starts stronger than him (and i don't think he does) what's to keep dd from matching him during the fight? not only that, the other thing that might serve dd as an advantage is dd's sheer savagery. thanos fights 'heroes'. it's unlikely he will have met someone like dd. dd is an animal that WILL NOT QUIT. dd at his peak would give thanos hell, and in an adamantium cage with no gadgets or preconceived plans i could certainly see dd taking thanos out. i believe this would truly be an awesome fight.

ps-that showing against tyrant is utterly irrelevent. had thanos not been boosted by the power he stole from tyrant, he would have had his ass handed to him just like the others. even WITH the stolen power, tyrant was too much for him.

jinzin
"there have been several incarnations of dd but the hunter/prey one is by far the strongest i've seen"

that's probably because you didn't read doomdsay wars..... but

punk nonetheless...

Cosmic Cube
Hulk can take blanet busting shots...hulk gets staggered by a rock falling on his head....inconsistancy.....

had dd ever been too weak to do something?

what kind of argument is that?

doomsday takes blanet busting shots....

so what?

dd regenrated from being completely vaporized.....

again...so what?

again....you're stating some impressive things....none of which however are anything doomsday either hasn't done...or can't handle.....

doomsday adapts to anything that kills him...guess what already killed him?

you know...IRON MAN koed hulk.....can doomsday not?

Hulk has several different incarnations. Hulk can get stabbed by Wolverine (sick,) or knocked out by Doc Ock, in different incarnations. The name "The Hulk" referrs to (quite literally,) hundreds of different characters.

Doomsday adapts to whatever defeated him? For some reason, I recall Superman defeating Doomsday twice, using the same tactics. Maybe I'm imagining things. erm

Apparently, Doomsday adapts to the levels of strength that defeated him. Not physical attacks in general.

Iron Man used the Hulk's energy against him, and it occurred in his comics. wink

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by leonidas
the hulk argument doesn't matter. we're talking dd and thanos. there have been several incarnations of dd but the hunter/prey one is by far the strongest i've seen. as jinzin has said, dd has been shown wiping out the ENTIRE gl corps!! he's also wiped out an entire planet and not just some 'alien army'! he defeated the quardian who was created especially to defeat him and was an ENERGY being. he was EASILY and VASTLY superior to a new god enhanced superman, and he has cut the man of steel and would cut thanos as well. jinzin said it very well - thanos is leary of taking hulk h2h. and don't forget - when he first fought supes, he actually became STRONGER as the fight went on, adapting DURING the fight. IF thanos starts stronger than him (and i don't think he does) what's to keep dd from matching him during the fight? not only that, the other thing that might serve dd as an advantage is dd's sheer savagery. thanos fights 'heroes'. it's unlikely he will have met someone like dd. dd is an animal that WILL NOT QUIT. dd at his peak would give thanos hell, and in an adamantium cage with no gadgets or preconceived plans i could certainly see dd taking thanos out. i believe this would truly be an awesome fight.

ps-that showing against tyrant is utterly irrelevent. had thanos not been boosted by the power he stole from tyrant, he would have had his ass handed to him just like the others. even WITH the stolen power, tyrant was too much for him.

Which makes one wonder... was DOS simply hype? I have a VERY hard time believing that Hal Jordan would lose to Doomsday. But, all of the lanterns? Including, John, Guy, Kyle, and the thousands of other GL's? PIS, anyone?

Limitless possibilities, but no way to stop DD?

leonidas
<<Iron Man used the Hulk's energy against him, and it occurred in his comics.>>

nah, im threw a truck at him and hulk swatted it out of the air with a JET!! the explosion momentarily stunned hulk and tony blew all the circuits in his armor to increase his strength to the max then WHAMMO - he turned hulk's lights out. and that was with the classic armor. (ironic that he could ko savage hulk in the classic armor but in the hulkbuster armor, best he could do was stalemate prof hulk . . .)

<<that's probably because you didn't read doomdsay wars..... but>>

was he tougher in that series? and what books did it run through? there's a convention headed my way in 2 weeks, maybe i'll look it up. btw, how's things?

jinzin
superman's beat him with brute strength....tore him apart by placing him at the end of time via plot device.....and watched as imperiex vaporized him.....aside from that as leonidas said, the radiant a pure energy being brought him down once.....darksieds omega beams at full force did NOTHING...I repeat NOTHING to dd....could the hulk say the same?

technically if he recovered from the end of all things he should be immune to EVERYTHING........

supes beat up doomsday rex...who is a somewhat different character alltogether....even then d-rex is now not a pussy like he once was...unless taking down an army of 300 cogs is something a pussy can do.....or waging a 100 year war against an endless amount of cogs.....(a single battle that lasted a 100 years....even cog reffered to him as a monster a harbinger of death).......does hulk have the stamina to last 100 years? can he hope to beat a creature that constantly adapts?

I don't think so....

the only hulk feats to be used are the one supporting your arguments? that's weak...I guess hulk feats in hulk comics shouldn't count either because it happened in his comic huh?

well then I guess crossovers can be the only accurate account huh?

well then....hulk bashed away at superman in a crossover...superman just stood there taking shot after shot after shot without so much as a flinch......he tried that against dd and got clobbered...

he adapts to the level of strength that he was defeated by? since when...you won't find that stated in any book dd's in that's for damned sure...just a myth that started on these boards that I've been too lazy to stop.....until now...

jinzin
<<Iron Man used the Hulk's energy against him, and it occurred in his comics.>>

nah, im threw a truck at him and hulk swatted it out of the air with a JET!! the explosion momentarily stunned hulk and tony blew all the circuits in his armor to increase his strength to the max then WHAMMO - he turned hulk's lights out. and that was with the classic armor. (ironic that he could ko savage hulk in the classic armor but in the hulkbuster armor, best he could do was stalemate prof hulk . . .)

<<that's probably because you didn't read doomdsay wars..... but>>

was he tougher in that series? and what books did it run through? there's a convention headed my way in 2 weeks, maybe i'll look it up. btw, how's things?

well he beat up wonder woman, martian manhunter, orion with mother box, huntress, flash, plastic man, green lantern, at once and then got to clobbering superman all over again.......i don't know which comics...sorry...I only have the hardcover...

things are decent..I'm about to go back to school...and not too soon I may add.....not that I don't love my fam..but man...I've just had enough of them...lol.....and work's kinda suckin...the other day at the hospital the sewage system backed up into the entire basement....it was bad.......

lol
anywho...how goes things with you?

leonidas
<<he adapts to the level of strength that he was defeated by? since when...you won't find that stated in any book dd's in that's for damned sure...just a myth that started on these boards that I've been too lazy to stop.....until now...>>

heheh. bravo. i had always wondered where that idea came from. i assumed it was in some book i'd missed. apparently not . . . smile

Cosmic Cube
So, sentience took away all the invulnerability Doomsday had gained? Doomsday was unstoppable because he didn't feel pain. Suddenly the ability to feel pain took away all of his invulnerability?

Hulk has limitless stamina. No, he's never fought for hundreds of years.

Never said that it wasn't canon. Iron Man was weakening Hulk before he did that. It still took all of his power to do it.

Crossover? erm That was pre-crisis Superman. Superman took a total of two punches from Hulk, blocked another, and then used his superseed to destroy the device that was making Hulk angry. Hulk had punched Supes clear out of metropolis in the same crossover. Hulk and Doomsday fought in a crossover? When?

Doomsday does not become completely immune to every form of attack that he encounters. I mean, if The Presence kills Doomday, will he become the new God?

leonidas
<<things are decent..I'm about to go back to school...and not too soon I may add.....not that I don't love my fam..but man...I've just had enough of them...lol.....and work's kinda suckin...the other day at the hospital the sewage system backed up into the entire basement....it was bad.......>>

HA! and i thought i had it bad because for my vacation i've had the kids all day everyday while mom's at work! hey, waitaminute, i DO have it bad . . . smile

things are good. 1 month left of summer vacation then it's back to school for me too - teaching though, i'm done with all that 'learning' jazz.

and thanks for the info on dd wars. maybe i'll see if i can check it out anyway. sounds cool. unlike a lot of people on the forum, i've always kinda liked dd. i wonder if the anti-dd sentiment is because this is mostly a pro-marvel board?

Cosmic Cube
<<he adapts to the level of strength that he was defeated by? since when...you won't find that stated in any book dd's in that's for damned sure...just a myth that started on these boards that I've been too lazy to stop.....until now...>>

heheh. bravo. i had always wondered where that idea came from. i assumed it was in some book i'd missed. apparently not . . . smile

It's only logical... confused

jinzin

seriously....I mean damn....I only have oh I don't know....ALL OF EM....and that's never been stated...

people just got the wrong idea about what he can or can't do because of the whole sentient doomsday thing in supes 175..... doomsday rex is as different a character from doomsday as grey hulk is from savage hulk....the MAJOR difference is that he can be effectively KOed having a decent brain to rattle in that noggin of his instead of just bruising through it as before........but still.....not killed.....

leonidas
<<It's only logical... >>

it seems that way until he does things like come back from the end of everything and regenerate from imperiex destroying him. i always wondered why he wasn't more powerful after these things happened to him. is there a limit to his evolution? like you said, it's not like if the presence killed him he would come back to be god. still some things to learn about ole dd, methinks.

jinzin
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
It's only logical... confused

"it's only logical"......if people are too scared to admit a guy like doomsday can take their character despite the fact that he's ridiculously overpowered, thus depowering him to a level that said character stand a chance against.....sorry but this hasn't been proven...nor stated...it's just made up.....hell I even remember the night somebody made the ****er up.....ironically enough in a hulk vs. dd thread....

jinzin
<<It's only logical... >>

it seems that way until he does things like come back from the end of everything and regenerate from imperiex destroying him. i always wondered why he wasn't more powerful after these things happened to him. is there a limit to his evolution? like you said, it's not like if the presence killed him he would come back to be god. still some things to learn about ole dd, methinks.

i truly don't think that their IS a limit to his evolution...I mean he was dubbed "the ultimate" for a reason...if he simply ciesed to exist I don't know how he could come back....but since he kept doing it at the end of time...It's not out of his character's ability to do.....so who knows.....

the writers were at fault for making him weaker by becoming sentient...but as I said before..he's adapted to that now...become stronger...like before...but now he's also a hero.... I can see him gaining understanding and appreciation for things....becoming the equivolent to the JLU cartoons amazo did..if he ever became a god...

leonidas
a hero, eh? interesting . . .

and between what you've told me and what i already knew, i SERIOUSLY think he would score some win over thanos.

Cosmic Cube
"it's only logical"......if people are too scared to admit a guy like doomsday can take their character despite the fact that he's ridiculously overpowered, thus depowering him to a level that said character stand a chance against.....sorry but this hasn't been proven...nor stated...it's just made up.....hell I even remember the night somebody made the ****er up.....ironically enough in a hulk vs. dd thread....

Not Depowering anyone. If anything, you're seriously undercutting Hulk. Where was it stated that Doomsday does become totally immune to the form of attack that killed him? Is that just an assumption of yours?

Where was it stated that Sentient Doomsday actually lost power as a result of his sentience? Another assumption?

Grey Hulk and Savage Hulk exist at the same time. Non-sentient Doomsday is no more. Big difference. wink

jinzin
yep...heroic dd.....actually was inspired by supes....and led the league of supermen....or the superman corps (i don't remember which) wearing some super undies and a cape...it was kinda cute....even though he was killing everything in sight.....

jinzin
Not Depowering anyone. If anything, you're seriously undercutting Hulk. Where was it stated that Doomsday does become totally immune to the form of attack that killed him? Is that just an assumption of yours?

Where was it stated that Sentient Doomsday actually lost power as a result of his sentience? Another assumption?

Grey Hulk and Savage Hulk exist at the same time. Non-sentient Doomsday is no more. Big difference. wink

"you can't kill me the same way twice"

and DURING his fight with superman in supes 175.... it was stated that his fear of death was brought upon by sentience....sentience also made him aware of his pain....it weakened his character....

and no there is no difference in the point I was making.....doomsday>>>>>>>doomsday rex.

hulk>>>>>mr. fixit.

they are entirely different...doomsday does not breath fire....d-rex does......I don't see anywhere where it say doomsday rex on this thread header...do you?

Cosmic Cube
i truly don't think that their IS a limit to his evolution...I mean he was dubbed "the ultimate" for a reason...if he simply ciesed to exist I don't know how he could come back....but since he kept doing it at the end of time...It's not out of his character's ability to do.....so who knows.....

the writers were at fault for making him weaker by becoming sentient...but as I said before..he's adapted to that now...become stronger...like before...but now he's also a hero.... I can see him gaining understanding and appreciation for things....becoming the equivolent to the JLU cartoons amazo did..if he ever became a god...

Unless it was stated that there is NOT one, why assume that the limit does not exist? In theory, your Doomsday would be totally undefeatable, which apparently isn't the case..

Cosmic Cube

Nothing stops the Juggernaut!

The Invincible Iron Man!

The Amazing Spider Man!

leonidas
<<Unless it was stated that there is NOT one, why assume that the limit does not exist? In theory, your Doomsday would be totally undefeatable, which apparently isn't the case..>.

this is the problem i've had with dd as well. i'm not sure WHAT the answer is . . . confused

Cosmic Cube

and DURING his fight with superman in supes 175.... it was stated that his fear of death was brought upon by sentience....sentience also made him aware of his pain....it weakened his character....

and no there is no difference in the point I was making.....doomsday>>>>>>>doomsday rex.

hulk>>>>>mr. fixit.

they are entirely different...doomsday does not breath fire....d-rex does......I don't see anywhere where it say doomsday rex on this thread header...do you?

It was NOT stated that sentience weakened him. It said that it made him feel pain, and fear death. Never was it said that his durability was reduced, or that his physical invulnerability was a result of his lack of sentience. Like I said, assumption. Non-sentient Doomsday is no more.

Savage Hulk and Mr. Fixit are different people. Sentient Doomsday is the same Doomsday, with sentience.

jinzin
Unless it was stated that there is NOT one, why assume that the limit does not exist? In theory, your Doomsday would be totally undefeatable, which apparently isn't the case..

a limit to what he can regenerate from has nothing to do with what already killed him...you're missing the point big time on that one....

but since you attacked the notion I had no intention of making..... we know that hulk's strength is arguably unlimited to we not?

have we seen him show unlimited strength? no not really...I mean he WAS struggling with that mountain in secret wars...he was buckling under it's weight....so obviously he has a limit right? you see....simply because we have yet to see the well known ability of a character be put into motion does not mean that the character does not have the ability when they have been stated repeatedly to have it.....follow?

jinzin
Nothing stops the Juggernaut!

The Invincible Iron Man!

The Amazing Spider Man!

ummmm have you seen juggy stopped when he puts it into high gear?

and the titles of a character are different than the ability of a character..not much of a point there..you're clearly grasping..

Cosmic Cube
You're bouncing around like a rubber ball. We weren't talking about "what Doomsday could regenerate." We were talking about what he is immune to.

It has been stated, time and time again, that the Hulk's strength is unlimited. Has the same been stated of Doomsday's ability to adapt?

Actually, we have seen Hulk demonstrate unlimited strength. When he resisted the matter anti-matter attraction, he displayed infinite strength.

He has several other feats that speak of his boundless strength.

Avalonofthewind
a limit to what he can regenerate from has nothing to do with what already killed him...you're missing the point big time on that one....

but since you attacked the notion I had no intention of making..... we know that hulk's strength is arguably unlimited to we not?

have we seen him show unlimited strength? no not really...I mean he WAS struggling with that mountain in secret wars...he was buckling under it's weight....so obviously he has a limit right? you see....simply because we have yet to see the well known ability of a character be put into motion does not mean that the character does not have the ability when they have been stated repeatedly to have it.....follow?

I agree with you. Having "unlimited" strength would mean Hulk could fight a wielder of the Power gem toe to toe easily physically.

Cosmic Cube
ummmm have you seen juggy stopped when he puts it into high gear?

and the titles of a character are different than the ability of a character..not much of a point there..you're clearly grasping..

Thor did it. Savage Hulk did it. War Hulk did it. It was said to be impossible. Obviously, it isn't.

jinzin
It was NOT stated that sentience weakened him. It said that it made him feel pain, and fear death. Never was it said that his durability was reduced, or that his physical invulnerability was a result of his lack of sentience. Like I said, assumption. Non-sentient Doomsday is no more.

Savage Hulk and Mr. Fixit are different people. Sentient Doomsday is the same Doomsday, with sentience.

I don't think you get it, it didn't have to be shown as it was PROVEN when his punches couldn't hurt superman muchless make him budge, then again when superman case in his ribs or punched his lights out....superman couldn't do it before using all his strength, and he couldn't do it again using a new god enhancement...that's a sign that an otherwise super strong and durable character was significantly reduced to make him less threatening.....

hulk and mr. fixit are different people in the mental sense..they still have the same body (banner's)......just as while sentient dd and nonsentient dd share the same body they are completely different as well.....

jinzin
Thor did it. Savage Hulk did it. War Hulk did it. It was said to be impossible. Obviously, it isn't.

against juggy in high gear force shield and all......

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I agree with you. Having "unlimited" strength would mean Hulk could fight a wielder of the Power gem toe to toe easily physically.

The weilder of the power gem has unlimited strength too. And unlimited durability. And force blasts. And control over the aspect of Power.

Hulk has strength that never stops increasing, and has no limit to how much it can increase.

Cosmic Cube
against juggy in high gear force shield and all......

Thor stopped him, in "high gear" (whatever that is,) and with his force field up.

According to his power, he doesn't have to be in "high gear" or whatever you're talking about. He simply has to walk forward.

Juggy has been stopped by all of these, while moving forward.

What exactly is "high gear"?

Avalonofthewind
The weilder of the power gem has unlimited strength too. And unlimited durability. And force blasts. And control over the aspect of Power.

Hulk has strength that never stops increasing, and has no limit to how much it can increase.

I'm fully aware of the Power Gems abilities, but do you believe if someone with the power gem only used the strength aspect...that they and the Hulk would be even?

jinzin
You're bouncing around like a rubber ball. We weren't talking about "what Doomsday could regenerate." We were talking about what he is immune to.

It has been stated, time and time again, that the Hulk's strength is unlimited. Has the same been stated of Doomsday's ability to adapt?

Actually, we have seen Hulk demonstrate unlimited strength. When he resisted the matter anti-matter attraction, he displayed infinite strength.

actually I understand quite well what we are debating go back you started this pointless argument because you assumed that dd has a limit to his evolution......until proven otherwise there is no way to back up that claim

you don't get it...there is no way to gage his strength as "unlimited" because there is no way to say that this feat proves he is unlimited in strength.....you can only assume that his limits were not met by this specific obstacle......

in the same token we can't assume dd's ability to adapt and become immune as a limit because we have yet to see anything that can permanently put him down.....

Cosmic Cube
I don't think you get it, it didn't have to be shown as it was PROVEN when his punches couldn't hurt superman muchless make him budge, then again when superman case in his ribs or punched his lights out....superman couldn't do it before using all his strength, and he couldn't do it again using a new god enhancement...that's a sign that an otherwise super strong and durable character was significantly reduced to make him less threatening.....

hulk and mr. fixit are different people in the mental sense..they still have the same body (banner's)......just as while sentient dd and nonsentient dd share the same body they are completely different as well.....

Superman was 'vibrating through' (or possibly dodging, depends on how you veiw the art,) Doomsday's punches and attacks. Doomsday wouldn't budge, when he was non-sentient, because he couldn't feel Superman's attacks.

Fixit and Savage Hulk don't share the same body.

Avalonofthewind

Just to answer you adaptation question:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ddpower.jpg

jinzin
Thor stopped him, in "high gear" (whatever that is,) and with his force field up.

According to his power, he doesn't have to be in "high gear" or whatever you're talking about. He simply has to walk forward.

Juggy has been stopped by all of these, while moving forward.

What exactly is "high gear"?

juggernaught using energy blasts, his force sheild, and punching through demensional walls....

point is, even if they could do this it is highly irrelevent......why because you've proven that juggy can't do something he always otherwise proves he can do.....HOWEVER...you have not been able to successfully prove that dd is incapable of doing something he's been stated to be able to do....

jinzin
Just to answer you adaptation question:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ddpower.jpg

THANK YOU.......i really didn't want to go digging around for that...

jinzin
Superman was 'vibrating through' (or possibly dodging, depends on how you veiw the art,) Doomsday's punches and attacks. Doomsday wouldn't budge, when he was non-sentient, because he couldn't feel Superman's attacks.

Fixit and Savage Hulk don't share the same body.

he couldn't feel the attacks because he had no pain receptors to "feel" with.....superman cut doomsday's torso nearly in half....there were NO nerves, blood, or internal organs....no significant brain to KO....nothing to gain a physical advantage.....all of the sudden dd "feels" pain? how? Pain receptors, nerves, a sentient brain....... he became depowered in his evolution...he devolved....

answer me this.....do fixit and savage hulk both revert back to banner?

Cosmic Cube
I'm fully aware of the Power Gems abilities, but do you believe if someone with the power gem only used the strength aspect...that they and the Hulk would be even?

The Power Gem doesn't cause it's wielder's strength to increase geometrically with no limit, like the Hulk's power does. It give's its weilder infinite strength, making them strong enough to do anything that they can concieve.

Savage Hulk is as strong as he imagines himself to be, making him strong enough to do anything, even if it allows him to output infinite strength. Stan Lee confirmed this.

It's unclear.

IMHO, the Hulk would be just below the Power Gem, in terms of strength, because he needs a stimulus.

Cosmic Cube
he couldn't feel the attacks because he had no pain receptors to "feel" with.....superman cut doomsday's torso nearly in half....there were NO nerves, blood, or internal organs....no significant brain to KO....nothing to gain a physical advantage.....all of the sudden dd "feels" pain? how? Pain receptors, nerves, a sentient brain....... he became depowered in his evolution...he devolved....

answer me this.....do fixit and savage hulk both revert back to banner?

Sentience caused him to grow nerves and a brain? Strange. I could have sworn that he had a non sentient brain. How does he achieve locomotion without nerves?

So, evolution can be a bad thing. wink de-evolution is not the applicable term. de-evolution does not necessarily mean "becoming worse." Actually, the term "evolution" doesn't even apply to an individual. An individual adapts. A species evolves.

Banner's body is not the Hulk's body. The Hulk's body comes from a presumably extra-dimensional source. Each Hulk has it's own body. They share the same mind, but they don't share the same brain, or the same personality.

So, does non-sentient Doomsday still exist?

Cosmic Cube
THANK YOU.......i really didn't want to go digging around for that...

Which means that he can evolve past an enemy, as Darkseid stated. Not that he can evolve past any form of attack, and any magnitude thereof.

jinzin
he did have a non sentient brain...notice....I used the words.....no significant brain..... after becoming sentient...KOing him became an option......

I have a theory that his de-evolution was merely the next step....I could get into it but it would take longer than I care to post about right now....and to be frank I'm not sure if I can put my theory into words that well......

non sentient doomsday does exist....however...he's significantly stronger and more durable than he previously was......confident in his ability to kill superman once again.....

now I answered your quetion....you answer mine....do fixit and savage hulk both revert to banner?

jinzin
Which means that he can evolve past an enemy, as Darkseid stated. Not that he can evolve past any form of attack, and any magnitude thereof.

you don't even know what the enemy was....hint hint..pure energy being...if he was able to make himself inpervious to a being of pure energy, energy would no longer effect him....AND IT DIDN'T.

now I understand why you are continuing to debate such an uphill argument however....

Cosmic Cube
he did have a non sentient brain...notice....I used the words.....no significant brain..... after becoming sentient...KOing him became an option......

I have a theory that his de-evolution was merely the next step....I could get into it but it would take longer than I care to post about right now....and to be frank I'm not sure if I can put my theory into words that well......

non sentient doomsday does exist....however...he's significantly stronger and more durable than he previously was......confident in his ability to kill superman once again.....

now I answered your quetion....you answer mine....do fixit and savage hulk both revert to banner?

No significant brain? Explain the context of the word "significant." Was it present?

Non-sentient Doomsday exists? Where?

Obvious answer.

leonidas
i'm curious jinzin - do you think that dd can beat imperiex now? that's sort of what av's scan (which is from hunter/prey, btw, and is the aspect of dd that has always confused me) implies doesn't it? and if your answer is 'no', then doesn't that imply a limit to what dd can 'evolve' into and in essence grant the 'proof' you're looking for from cube regarding dd's ability to adapt without limit?

Cosmic Cube
you don't even know what the enemy was....hint hint..pure energy being...if he was able to make himself inpervious to a being of pure energy, energy would no longer effect him....AND IT DIDN'T.

now I understand why you are continuing to debate such an uphill argument however....

I didn't comment on the fight. I never said that Doomsday becoming impervious to a being of pure energy was impossible.

His opponents energy did not affect him. Granted. Does that inherently mean that energy will never affect him ever again, no matter the magnitude? Unless it's explicitly stated or proven, I am unwilling to believe.

leonidas
<<I have a theory that his de-evolution was merely the next step....I could get into it but it would take longer than I care to post about right now....and to be frank I'm not sure if I can put my theory into words that well......>.

maybe the answer to my question lies in here . . .?

jinzin
okay.....his brain was capable of allowing him the fundamental basics of motor functions and very very simple comprehensive patterns....... it was small....and well protected by his skull/hide.....there was no way to KO him....

after evolving his brain became larger....more than simplistic movements and survival instints are now there....now the brain has grown....become more humanoid in devlopment thus allowing KOing him to become an option.....

could you KO a bug?

can you kO a human?

now.....ANSWER MY QUESTION!

jinzin
i'm curious jinzin - do you think that dd can beat imperiex now? that's sort of what av's scan (which is from hunter/prey, btw, and is the aspect of dd that has always confused me) implies doesn't it? and if your answer is 'no', then doesn't that imply a limit to what dd can 'evolve' into and in essence grant the 'proof' you're looking for from cube regarding dd's ability to adapt without limit?

here's what I think....imperiex may be able to kill him...HOWEVER....he can't do it with the same weapon that he used on dd before....(assuming we are still talking about non-sentient dd).......so no it does not grant cc the proof he needs....not that my opinion on the subject could be negotiated as proof anyways.....

Avalonofthewind
Sentience caused him to grow nerves and a brain? Strange. I could have sworn that he had a non sentient brain. How does he achieve locomotion without nerves?

I've always wondered the same thing about DD.
Here is another scan providing a bit more info about him.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/DD2.jpg

Cosmic Cube
Aha! So the brain was present. Sentience isn't very hard to gain if you have a brain, synthetic or non-synthetic, fully operable or limited. Doomsday Rex possesses the same body as non-sentient Doomsday. UNLESS Doomsday's ability to think was a result of physical change, such as the development of an ENTIRE NERVOUS SYSTEM, which was not the case, there is no reason to believe that Doomsdays invulnerability was a result of his non-sentience. Understand?

Superman was able to, at the end of DOS, even at the cost of his life. Knocking him out was NOT impossible. Hmm, I wonder if Doomsday had been defeated physically prior to DOS? It makes one ponder.

When I said "obvious answer" I meant yes, as it is obviously the case.

jinzin
<<I have a theory that his de-evolution was merely the next step....I could get into it but it would take longer than I care to post about right now....and to be frank I'm not sure if I can put my theory into words that well......>.

maybe the answer to my question lies in here . . .?

okay...the best way I can explain this in simplistic terms is thus:

fighting...lets say you are a natural born fighter...your strength, speed, reflexes, and stamina are all natural to you, you have no problem kicking the crap out of people on a daily basis....however a well trained fighter comes along and serves you like a *****.....

you go to a martial arts school...despite all your god-given ability...you now have to learn aspects such as anticipation, balance, how to correctly punch, then how to punch through something, how to apply your center of gravity while staying light on your feet, learning grace through movement and fluidity...again despite your natural abilities, the only way to continue in your evolution of fighting ability was that...you had to go back to the basics.... become an ameature once again....and possibly look very follish while doing it......however when you are done learning what can be tought to you...you go back to the well trained fighter and trounce him..because NOW youhave added so very much to you arsenal of pain that you lacked before....

do you get the basic idea? does that make any sense? sad

Cosmic Cube
I've always wondered the same thing about DD.
Here is another scan providing a bit more info about him.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/DD2.jpg

Apparently, he does NOT have internal organs. confused

Nice scan Avvy.

Confusing. erm

leonidas
<<here's what I think....imperiex may be able to kill him...HOWEVER....he can't do it with the same weapon that he used on dd before>>

that's sorta what i've always thought too, which has the added bonus of sayng at the same time that dd doesn't (necessarily) evolve to the point where he can automatically KILL an opponent who killed him. just that the opponent the second time round would need to be more creative . . .

btw - great debate both of you. though i somehow seem to have lost the thread in all of this . . . smile

Cosmic Cube
okay...the best way I can explain this in simplistic terms is thus:

fighting...lets say you are a natural born fighter...your strength, speed, reflexes, and stamina are all natural to you, you have no problem kicking the crap out of people on a daily basis....however a well trained fighter comes along and serves you like a *****.....

you go to a martial arts school...despite all your god-given ability...you now have to learn aspects such as anticipation, balance, how to correctly punch, then how to punch through something, how to apply your center of gravity while staying light on your feet, learning grace through movement and fluidity...again despite your natural abilities, the only way to continue in your evolution of fighting ability was that...you had to go back to the basics.... become an ameature once again....and possibly look very follish while doing it......however when you are done learning what can be tought to you...you go back to the well trained fighter and trounce him..because NOW youhave added so very much to you arsenal of pain that you lacked before....

do you get the basic idea? does that make any sense? sad

Interesting theory. Do you suppose that Doomsday will re-emerge more powerful than ever?

leonidas
<<do you get the basic idea? does that make any sense?>.

sure it does. pro teams do it all the time - they tear down in an effort to become stronger. but that would imply non-sentient (??) dd had reached the apex of his evolution, no? since he'd gone as far as he could, he evolved sentience at the cost of what he had built up previously. or was what he had still present and his new brain simply didn't know how to deal with it? hmm, that last seems to make a bit of sense, now that i think of it. dd is a puzzle, no doubt.

jinzin
<<here's what I think....imperiex may be able to kill him...HOWEVER....he can't do it with the same weapon that he used on dd before>>

that's sorta what i've always thought too, which has the added bonus of sayng at the same time that dd doesn't (necessarily) evolve to the point where he can automatically KILL an opponent who killed him. just that the opponent the second time round would need to be more creative . . .

btw - great debate both of you. though i somehow seem to have lost the thread in all of this . . . smile

see but that's the thing about a fight with hulk...if dd's been bested by brute strength already...he would evolve past being killed by it again....even as you said before..in his and supe's initial confrontation...he evolved AS the fight went on...so if it comes down to strength vs. strength...hulk gets stronger...dd evolves to meat it...repeat..repeat...repeat.....then it's who lasts the longest...I put my money on the 10,000 year + guy on that one....

Cosmic Cube
Actually, Avvy proved my point.

Bertron said that If Doomsday was defeated by a stronger opponent whom he encountered, he would return evolved as a superior being. That would imply that he would NOT be able to be hurt by the same opponent that killed him. Not that he would become totally immune to the form of attack that killed him.

Example: Doomsday gets hit by a grenade, and dies. It wouldn't happen, of course, but stay with me. Someone comes along with a bazooka, and kills Doomsday. Next time it will take something bigger.

That's exactly what Bertron implies. He's stating the opposite of what jinzin believes.

jinzin
Interesting theory. Do you suppose that Doomsday will re-emerge more powerful than ever?

well..................erm............. he already HAS emerged to be what appeared as stronger than supes....superman was getting worn down by multiple cogs...doomsday came in and thrashed the crap out of them....

but overall......I don't know.....

considering that they're thinkin of replaceing bruce wayne as batman....I don't trust DC to make ANY good nor logical desicions anymore.....bruce IS the bat... sad

Avalonofthewind
Apparently, he does NOT have internal organs. confused

Nice scan Avvy.

Confusing. erm

All that adapting, and he will never know the taste of a good pepperoni slice... stick out tongue

Cosmic Cube
All that adapting, and he will never know the taste of a good pepperoni slice... stick out tongue

lmao... laughing

Avalonofthewind
well..................erm............. he already HAS emerged to be what appeared as stronger than supes....superman was getting worn down by multiple cogs...doomsday came in and thrashed the crap out of them....

but overall......I don't know.....

considering that they're thinkin of replaceing bruce wayne as batman....I don't trust DC to make ANY good nor logical desicions anymore.....bruce IS the bat... sad

They are replacing Bruce again???

Cosmic Cube

Wasn't he initially stronger than Superman? Can Doomsday actually evolve without being defeated?

Cosmic Cube
They are replacing Bruce again???

sad

jinzin
Actually, Avvy proved my point.

Bertron said that If Doomsday was defeated by a stronger opponent whom he encountered, he would return evolved as a superior being. That would imply that he would NOT be able to be hurt by the same opponent that killed him. Not that he would become totally immune to the form of attack that killed him.

Example: Doomsday gets hit by a grenade, and dies. It wouldn't happen, of course, but stay with me. Someone comes along with a bazooka, and kills Doomsday. Next time it will take something bigger.

That's exactly what Bertron implies. He's stating the opposite of what jinzin believes.

that can be taken a number of different ways.....is he superior to the attack...is he superior to what killed him period....is he superior to what he once was period....or is he superior to his oponent?.......

I mean you CAN take it how you like...but really...until proven otherwise we're all just going off theories....all I know.....superman killed him with brute force...he couldn't do it again...even enhanced.....in fact nothing even seemed to effect dd as far as brute force goes much less kill him..... it's been stated in terms of his superiority to the radiant....and he claims this as his ability..........

either way....until proven otherwise...I'm going with what's been stated and certainly implied over and over again....

jinzin
Wasn't he initially stronger than Superman? Can Doomsday actually evolve without being defeated?

nope...doomsday hit him in the chest.....supes took it like nothing.......the next attack sent supes through a house and knocked the wind out of him.....

superman even later commented how he was beginning to get fatigued while doomsday was actually thriving off the combat...even getting stronger.....which is why superman got so desperate to put him down in the last issue in death of supes....

golem370
That was suppose to be the most lethal army in space like 1000s..

jinzin
sad

I know.....I know..... sad

jinzin
Originally posted by golem370
That was suppose to be the most lethal army in space like 1000s..

you think the entire GL corps couldn't take em?

Cosmic Cube
that can be taken a number of different ways.....is he superior to the attack...is he superior to what killed him period....is he superior to what he once was period....or is he superior to his oponent?.......

I mean you CAN take it how you like...but really...until proven otherwise we're all just going off theories....all I know.....superman killed him with brute force...he couldn't do it again...even enhanced.....in fact nothing even seemed to effect dd as far as brute force goes much less kill him..... it's been stated in terms of his superiority to the radiant....and he claims this as his ability..........

either way....until proven otherwise...I'm going with what's been stated and certainly implied over and over again....

As a superior being. As in, superior to what he once was. The notion that he becomes totally invulnerable to the means of attack that defeated him is speculatory.

Doomsday evolved past being hurt by Superman. Did he ever fight a being who was physically stronger than Superman, while completely unaffected by their physical efforts?

Berton said that he would imerge as a superior being. Not an infinitely superior being...

It certainly didn't happen after he was killed by Imperiex...

Cosmic Cube
nope...doomsday hit him in the chest.....supes took it like nothing.......the next attack sent supes through a house and knocked the wind out of him.....

superman even later commented how he was beginning to get fatigued while doomsday was actually thriving off the combat...even getting stronger.....which is why superman got so desperate to put him down in the last issue in death of supes....

Hmm...

In other words, Supes was holding back the whole time?

Had Doomsday ever been defeated before fighting Supes?

Avalonofthewind
Hmm...

Supes overconfidence in the beginning was his downfall.

Cosmic Cube
Supes overconfidence in the beginning was his downfall.

I see. Do you suppose that if Supes had just brought about the whoopass earlier, he would have survived the fight?

kgkg
DD looses

Cosmic Cube
loses*

kgkg
thx

jinzin
As a superior being. As in, superior to what he once was. The notion that he becomes totally invulnerable to the means of attack that defeated him is speculatory.

Doomsday evolved past being hurt by Superman. Did he ever fight a being who was physically stronger than Superman, while completely unaffected by their physical efforts?

Berton said that he would imerge as a superior being. Not an infinitely superior being...

It certainly didn't happen after he was killed by Imperiex...

the notion that he does evolve past an attack however... at least has evidence to back it up as being somewhat valid....it is no more speculatory than saying that he can't....it is less actually considering his direct quote and some bios that have been made by DC for the character......DD hasn't fought any stronger beings....how many others could there be that aren't in the realm of micheal, and lucifer? which is an entirely different argument all together....the point.....superman put him down with his all....if your theory rung true....even if your theory that he's not evolved to be vastly superior were true....superman in his hunter prey upgrade would have at least put up a decent fight on the physical level before getting beat...but he couldn't and he recognized that..so he used everything else to his advantage...and technically I agree he's not vastly superior...simply superior to whatever killed him before....

another example of dd evolving during a fight.....supes blasted dd with super sonics...dd's auditory canals just fwipped closed....and that was that......dd also has projectile chains that he can shoot out of his wrists...it was enough to peirce clean through enhanced-supes...what would happen I wonder if he did the same to hulk's neck....probably about the same that happened to hulk when wolverine did it....(THUD!)

Cosmic Cube
yw

golem370
I remember seeing the hulk in a comic book where he was standing and under him were Marvel Super hero's laid out he was standing over them holding a Mountain stopping it from crushing them A Mountain!!!

Avalonofthewind
I see. Do you suppose that if Supes had just brought about the whoopass earlier, he would have survived the fight?

Definitely. In all honesty, Eradicator was a MUCH worse foe than Doomsday at the time.

jinzin
Hmm...

Had Doomsday ever been defeated before fighting Supes?

in terms of his brute strength.... no actually...those are your words....superman was trying to curbstomp dd the entire day......only at the very end did he realize he needed a combination of everthing he had to hold the line....

jinzin
oh and yes...dd was defeated by the radiant.....that's all that's been shown thus far...

jinzin

actually yes....doomsday prgressively got faster and stronger as the fight maintained......if superman had gone all out right from the kickstart of things....I would definitely say that he would have survived the encounter...

jinzin
I remember seeing the hulk in a comic book where he was standing and under him were Marvel Super hero's laid out he was standing over them holding a Mountain stopping it from crushing them A Mountain!!!

secret wars...we've all seen it....

Cosmic Cube
what would happen I wonder if he did the same to hulk's neck....probably about the same that happened to hulk when wolverine did it....(THUD!)

Wolverine stabbing Hulk = BS sick Hulk has been hit with beams that cut adamantium without so much as a singe.

Depends on which Hulk, and how angry. Durability varies just like strength. Look at Onslaught Hulk.

kgkg
hulk ?

isn't this doomsday vs Thanos?

jinzin
hulk definitely seems to think wolvie can do it.....

Cosmic Cube
secret wars...we've all seen it....

Hulk struggled to do that. Reed had to keep him angry. It isn't like that's greatest feat of strength. He has far greater feats than any superhero. Strongest one there is. cool

There's no question on whether or not Hulk is stronger than any version of Doomsday. Savage Hulk is most certainly stronger. Doomsday's durability is in question. If Doomsday is like Juggernaut (which I doubt,) punching him is pointless.

jinzin
Originally posted by kgkg
hulk ?

isn't this doomsday vs Thanos?

let us tangent dammit...I'm actually enjoying this intelligent conversation...(for once)

cheers cosmic...

Cosmic Cube
let us tangent dammit...I'm actually enjoying this intelligent conversation...(for once)

cheers cosmic...

cheers.

jinzin
Hulk struggled to do that. Reed had to keep him angry. It isn't like that's greatest feat of strength. He has far greater feats than any superhero. Strongest one there is. cool

There's no question on whether or not Hulk is stronger than any version of Doomsday. Savage Hulk is most certainly stronger. Doomsday's durability is in question. If Doomsday is like Juggernaut (which I doubt,) punching him is pointless.

exactly...which is what I've been trying to get accross....hulk can have all the brute strength in the world..if he can't make use of it against dd however..then there is no point on saying he'll win in a fight....what else does he have to offer?

I mean common dd can rock him based on speed alone.....hulk doesn't move at flash like bursts....dd does.....

jinzin
cheers.
cheers

Cosmic Cube
hulk definitely seems to think wolvie can do it.....

Which, in itself, is gay. stick out tongue

What can't Wolvie do nowadays? Next we'll see him stabbng Galactus.

At any rate, Hulk getting stabbed by Wolvie depends on the incarnation as well. Wolvie knows that Savage Hulk's hide is impregnable.

Avalonofthewind
Which, in itself, is gay. stick out tongue

What can't Wolvie do nowadays? Next we'll see him stabbng Galactus.

At any rate, Hulk getting stabbed by Wolvie depends on the incarnation as well. Wolvie knows that Savage Hulk's hide is impregnable.

He's cut thanos and beat Lobo...hail WOLVIE!!! Happy Dance

jinzin
actually wolverine later claimed he only THOUGHT savage hulks hide to be impregnable....it's just that hulk regenrates so fast it only APPEARS that way......he's cut save hulk a few times....i think.....

Cosmic Cube
exactly...which is what I've been trying to get accross....hulk can have all the brute strength in the world..if he can't make use of it against dd however..then there is no point on saying he'll win in a fight....what else does he have to offer?

I mean common dd can rock him based on speed alone.....hulk doesn't move at flash like bursts....dd does.....

Doomsday's speed is highly debatable as well. From what I've heard, the fastest thing he's done is punch a guy and slam a car on top of him before he hit the ground.

Hulk moves extremely fast. Even Superman has attested to this. Doomsday's speed won't be a big factor.

jinzin
He's cut thanos and beat Lobo...hail WOLVIE!!! Happy Dance

he cut thanos with bone claws mutha fuka!

okay i'm done now before this turns into another "we hate wolvie thread"

golem370
GL corps could beat them but I think was it not Thanos who destroyed his home world. from Thanos web page>Resistance to virtually all forms of injury

kgkg
he cut thanos with bone claws mutha fuka!

okay i'm done now before this turns into another "we hate wolvie thread"

i love wolvie , why so much hate?

Cosmic Cube
actually wolverine later claimed he only THOUGHT savage hulks hide to be impregnable....it's just that hulk regenrates so fast it only APPEARS that way......he's cut save hulk a few times....i think.....

Actually, he was fighting a diferent incarnation of Hulk when he said that.

Savage Hulk's hide isn't totally impregnable, but it's damn near to it. Not even Valkyrie's sword could cut him.

Cosmic Cube
GL corps could beat them but I think was it not Thanos who destroyed his home world. from Thanos web page>Resistance to virtually all forms of injury

True. It's damn near impossible to KO Thanos too. Even moreso, in his new body.

jinzin
Doomsday's speed is highly debatable as well. From what I've heard, the fastest thing he's done is punch a guy and slam a car on top of him before he hit the ground.

Hulk moves extremely fast. Even Superman has attested to this. Doomsday's speed won't be a big factor.

actually....again...he was fighting wonder woman...tied her up in her own lasso....then used her like a baseball bat to NAIL flash who was running up behind them....

superman commented repeatedly how fast dd was...he had trouble keeping up in the h2h......and that car door thing..that was another lie...that never happened..I have the comic..he just beats the bajeezus out of booster gold....booster says he hits faster than flash....

before it shows guy gardner turn his ring on dd and attempt an attack..dd with one arm pinned behind his back reaches behind...as guy was attacking from behind grabs him by the collar and pummbles him before he can even react to what's happening...

he dodged a hit from maxima while superman had him in a choke hold by moving out of the way with tremendous speed....then smashed her with a van before she could make another move....

jinzin
Actually, he was fighting a diferent incarnation of Hulk when he said that.

Savage Hulk's hide isn't totally impregnable, but it's damn near to it. Not even Valkyrie's sword could cut him.

he was fighting a different hulk...but it was nonetheless a revelation that had to do with their previous encounter...wolverines cut "hulk smash" hulk on several encounters since then....even pierced his junk with bone claws....

jinzin

i just don't know....sad

golem370
Would Drax with the power gem and the anger he fills for thanos give him a good chance against thanos or Doomsday since he can fly and has powers?

Dark Thor
Thanos wins because

1) he has psionic blasts
2) energy blasts
3)smarter
4)Thanos is immune to Doomsday's firebreath
5) cuz i like thanos better
6) Thanos beats SS who can rip Doomsday like a tissue

Cosmic Cube

He's Canadian! mad

jinzin
Would Drax with the power gem and the anger he fills for thanos give him a good chance against thanos or Doomsday since he can fly and has powers?

with power gem yes he could probably beat both......although beating dd on a physical level would be something like hitting him so far away that dd can't fight back cause he's in another solar system.....win by default..

kgkg
Drax will beat Doomsday like he is shit without powergem

jinzin
He's Canadian! mad
(sings)

blame canada

blame canada

jinzin
Originally posted by Dark Thor
Thanos wins because

1) he has psionic blasts
2) energy blasts
3)smarter
4)Thanos is immune to Doomsday's firebreath
5) cuz i like thanos better
6) Thanos beats SS who can rip Doomsday like a tissue

while i do agree thanos can somehow pull out a victory by outsmarted dd.....dd's already immune to his blasts...or should be anyways...

kgkg
while i do agree thanos can somehow pull out a victory by outsmarted dd.....dd's already immune to his blasts...or should be anyways...

He is immune to blasts?

ya I though he was immune to superman's punches to ? guess not

Cosmic Cube
actually....again...he was fighting wonder woman...tied her up in her own lasso....then used her like a baseball bat to NAIL flash who was running up behind them....

superman commented repeatedly how fast dd was...he had trouble keeping up in the h2h......and that car door thing..that was another lie...that never happened..I have the comic..he just beats the bajeezus out of booster gold....booster says he hits faster than flash....

before it shows guy gardner turn his ring on dd and attempt an attack..dd with one arm pinned behind his back reaches behind...as guy was attacking from behind grabs him by the collar and pummbles him before he can even react to what's happening...

he dodged a hit from maxima while superman had him in a choke hold by moving out of the way with tremendous speed....then smashed her with a van before she could make another move....

Well, Hulk has tagged Quicksilver at full speed (who is about as fast as 1993 Flash,) he's moved faster than even Wonder Man's eyes could track, He's caught four missiles in mid air, all traveling faster than Mach 20, caught aircraft in mid flight and he's even dodged bullets (don't ask why.) I wouldn't say that he's so far behind.

Don't ask why he has so much trouble with Spidey. sad

Dark Thor
i havent been on this thread. can i have a list of whos supporting DD and whos supporting Thanos please?

Cosmic Cube
Thanos, of course.

kevdude
Doomsday has died now 4 times after being named "the Ultimate". 1 time by Radiant, 2nd by Superman, 3rd by Imperiex and 4th by Superman again. Out of all of these beings Imperiex is the only one that could kill doomsday and make him stay dead, Doomsday would still be dead today if it was not help from Lex Luthor bringing him back with the bones that was left. Doomsday can come back but not come back with just bones, there was nothing but bones, his hair,skin, eyes tongue,fingernails everything was gone but his bones. I wonder is there a bigger story between Lex and Doomsday that nobody knows about?? confused

Ps, Darksied didn't try to remove him or kill him from The Source with his Omega Beams, if he did Doomsday would have been killed by Darksied also.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kevdude
Doomsday has died now 4 times after being named "the Ultimate". 1 time by Radiant, 2nd by Superman, 3rd by Imperiex and 4th by Superman again. Out of all of these beings Imperiex is the only one that could kill doomsday and make him stay dead, Doomsday would still be dead today if it was not help from Lex Luthor bringing him back with the bones that was left. Doomsday can come back but not come back with just bones, there was nothing but bones, his hair,skin, eyes tongue,fingernails everything was gone but his bones. I wonder is there a bigger story between Lex and Doomsday that nobody knows about?? confused

Ps, Darksied didn't try to remove him or kill him from The Source with his Omega Beams, if he did Doomsday would have been killed by Darksied also.

Interesting...

Lex resurrected Doomsday?

Darkseid didn't use the OB's!? What the f**k? eek!

Does Doomsday have a power that causes PIS or something?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kevdude
Doomsday can come back but not come back with just bones, there was nothing but bones, his hair,skin, eyes tongue,fingernails everything was gone but his bones.

Hulk can come back from scattered molecules. stick out tongue

supremthor
Hulk can come back from scattered molecules. stick out tongue
sense when??????????????????????

jinzin
He is immune to blasts?

ya I though he was immune to superman's punches to ? guess not

he's immune to pure energy...so I'm guess that would include thanos' blasts....

like I said are thano's balsts any more powerful than the omega effect? cause if not..that's not good for thanos....

and yes dd is supposed to be involnerable to superman punches..dd rex is another story however..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>