Dracula vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
interesting

EsteemedLeader
batman knows how to beat a vampire. he has access to a near unlimited amount of silver and solar lamps. he fills the batcave with solar light generators. he stocks his utility belt with silver batarangs and silver stakes. dracula is toast. literally

golem370
Dracula ain't like the so called vampires from Buffy He is Smarter and More powerful.

Onikirimaru
But still vulnerable to those weaknesses. Which Batman can easily exploit. Hell, I can get a stake and a cross and some holy water and pose a threat to Dracula, Im sure Batman can get all high tech and stuff with it.

golem370
I still think it won't be that easy..

Onikirimaru
Its the classic case of Batman gets whipped round 1, goes to his batcave does some research then shows up and wins.

Dark Thor
does batty have preparation?

jacobo0o
isnt batman a vampire??
if hes not what kind of bat is he???
cause he def isnt a fruit bat

Bludhaven Boy
This happened. There was an Elseworlds where Batman fought Dracula. He won. After that, there was another Elseworlds where he dealt with the consequences of the battle, like vampires running amok, catwoman was a werecat, and he was a vampire who refused to drink human blood.

golem370
don't forget Dracula the ability to attack Minds.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Bludhaven Boy
This happened. There was an Elseworlds where Batman fought Dracula. He won. After that, there was another Elseworlds where he dealt with the consequences of the battle, like vampires running amok, catwoman was a werecat, and he was a vampire who refused to drink human blood.

Yes it did happen, and that book went out of it's way to show how outclassed Batman was. The narraration explains that luck was just on Bats side pretty well. And don't forget that he was a vampire himself in that fight.

jinzin
right now I'm leaning towards dracula...but which draculat are we talking about right now anyways?

golem370
Powers/Abilities: Dracula's intelligence is above normal, and he was tutored by some of the finest instructors of the 15th Century. Since this time period, he has adapted well to new knowledge and technology that has developed over the following centuries. He is also a good hand-to-hand combatant and swordsman and highly trained in 15th Century arts of warfare as well as being a master military strategist.

Besides these abilities, Dracula possesses many powers due to his vampirism. Dracula has the mental abilities to control victims he has bitten, temporarily mesmerize any human with his gaze, command mice, rats, bats, and wolves, and mystically summon thunderstorms.

Aside from these attributes, Dracula possesses all the conventional powers of a vampire, but to a far greater extent than any other, except, perhaps Varnae. He can transform himself into a bat (of normal or human size), a wolf, and all or parts of his body into mist while retaining his intelligence. Dracula cannot be killed or permanently injured by most conventional means; he ignores most physical attacks, regenerating damaged or lost tissue quite quickly. He not only has superhuman speed, stamina, agility, and reflexes but strength, as well, allowing him to lift (press) one ton. In addition, his powers have been, on occasion, greatly amplified or some of his weaknesses have been circumvented through magical sources, such as by the spells cast via the Darkholders.

Orestes
The fact that this fight is even being taken seriously only goes to show how overrated Batman really is.

The fight SHOULD read more like this:

Can Batman SURVIVE this encounter and ESCAPE with his life long enough to get assistance?

That would be a worthwhile question to consider.

Cosmo Kramer
The way I see it is if a regular vampire causes enough damage its nearly impossible to take out unless you have a highly skilled slayer, but if you have a legend like Dracula who is so powerful he has hell backing him up and cant be turned to dust even by the power of the sun it takes another legend like Batman to come atleast close. Superman would whip Dracula because he is powered by the sun which is Draculas ultimate weakness and I dont think garlic will work.

MERCILOUS
The Dracula Batman fought was way superior to Bats even after Bats got his vampiric upgrades, and Marvel Dracula is most likely considerably more powerful than that. Even if Bats had every lucky charm he could muster in this fight with like a week's prep, he's still likely to go down.

Jargon343
In a one-on-one fight, of course Dracula would win. I wouldn't say that Bats has no chance assuming he had prep time; Dracula has been beaten by lesser humans in stories of him for the past hundred years. In the Batman/Dracula Elseworld comic, it wasn't a one-on-one brawl between the two of them, Dracula was trying to do something and Batman was trying to stop him.

But you gotta remember that Dracula does have certain weaknesses, a'la Superman and Kryptonite.

jplatinum
Dracula doesn't have the weaknesses of other vampires.
He is like a vampire god. The only weakness he might have is decapitation, I think, according to myth and lore, and movies(based somewhat on myth and lore).

Batman with no prep time, might go toe to toe for a while.
Batman with prep time will win.

Let's say he has no prep time.
I honestly, see batjerk winning for awhile til dracula gets in a ouple good punches or a superstrength(yes dracul is much stronger than other vampires) throw through a brick wall puts batman down hard!!!!!

(See batman/superman adventures, the first fight.
Batman threw superman 20 feet onto a table, then superman came back and pushed him into a wall and the fight was over, batman slide down the wall slumped over in the corner, lookin' like a damn crack addict.)

Same thing happens here.

Jargon343
Dracula can't go out into sunlight, can he? And religous shit still hurts him, no?

jplatinum
he is immune to most of that stuff.
Only decapitation and thats hard to do.

Dreampanther
I've never read the Dracula comics, unfortunately, but I've read several novels and short stories, where other authors took the original Bram Stoker character and developed him even further.

As far as I can remember, merely some of his powers were -

Full and total control over the creatures of the night (wolves, rats, bats)
Mind-control (hypnotism, the ability to mesmerise, etc)
Metamorphosis (total and complete control over his own body, the ability to turn into fog, being completely intangible therefore, while still retaining full intelligence, as well as the ability to turn into any of the above-mentioned creatures)
Immortality (and need I mention the healing factor?)
Inhuman strength and speed
Experience (that comes from surviving, and not merely surviving, but thriving, for centuries.)
Above average intelligence, which combined with experience, gives him a powerful edge.
Some invulnerability

Then, of course, there is also the fact that as the most powerful vampire that has ever lived, he has gained some resistance to sunlight, crucifixes, holy water, and the rest of the holy paraphernalia.

Plus, he has all those creature-servants guarding him, as well as his lovers.

Looking at it objectively, I don't really think Batman could survive this.

Dracula is too fast, if he gets into trouble he can disappear before Batman can blink, and then take him any time he feels like it.

In a straight fight, with no holy weapons, Batman is a living dead man.

I think Batman might be able to hurt him, even stop him, temporarily, but ultimately, Dracula would triumph, as he has always triumphed.

And leave us not forget, Dracula is a merciless killer, a hunter-predator who has been preying on humans for centuries.

As Orestes said, the more pertinent question might be would Batman be able to escape with his life?

Dreampanther
Since nobody's commented, may I assume the fight is over?

And declare Dracula the winner?

MERCILOUS
The Dracula Batman fought still had many vampiric weaknesses, and Batman would have died if lightning hadn't struck that telephone poll.

Jargon343
yeah, sunlight hurt him. Although I've never really heard of a Dracula that could take sunlight. I've seen versions that can take crucifixes, holy water, etc. I've seen versions that were the religous shit will only work if you're a true believer too.

MERCILOUS
The one that Batman fought chased him down into a dead end, and Batman drew a cross with his own blood (he was all beat up) on the wall behind himself. Dracula didn't know what to do so they just stood there until the sun started coming up and Dracula retreated. It was really cool.

Jargon343
Yeah I read it. It was a cool comic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.