Truth That The Media is ****ed Up...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hh?
i got this off another website
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a memo that the bet video department got has this listing of artists to not spin

this doesnt count old shit just newer stuff

The following artists are banned from airplay(meaning all their NEW videos):

Kool G. Rap
Craig G
MC Lyte
Buckshot
Kool Keith
A Tribe Called Quest
A+
Jeru
The Liks
The Artifacts
AZ
Bad Seed
Bahamadia
Da Brat
Goodie Mob
Bone Thugs N Harmony
Black Moon
Methodman
E-40
Canibus
Afu Ra
Cappadonna
Channel Live
Cocoa Brovaz
Freddie Foxxx
GZA
El-P
D.O.C.
Diamond D
dead prez
De La Soul
MF Doom
Camp Lo
Geto Boys
Brand Nubian
Boot Camp Clik
KRS One
Black Sheep
Raekwon
4th Avenue Jones
Heather B
Jayo Felony
Killah Priest
Lil Cease
McGruff
Mic Geronimo
Monie Love
Mos Def
Ice Cube
Hieroglyphics
Inspectah Deck
Jean Grae
Nate Dogg
O.C.
Onyx

Reason why? Their music is not "relevant" to the BET audience. (12-19 year old black females). Buckshot speaks on it in the new XXL.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by hh?
a memo that the bet video department got has this listing of artists to not spin

Kool G. Rap
Craig G
MC Lyte
Buckshot
Kool Keith
A Tribe Called Quest
A+
Jeru
The Liks
The Artifacts
AZ
Bad Seed
Bahamadia
Da Brat
Goodie Mob
Bone Thugs N Harmony
Black Moon
Methodman
E-40
Canibus
Afu Ra
Cappadonna
Channel Live
Cocoa Brovaz
Freddie Foxxx
GZA
El-P
D.O.C.
Diamond D
dead prez
De La Soul
MF Doom
Camp Lo
Geto Boys
Brand Nubian
Boot Camp Clik
KRS One
Black Sheep
Raekwon
4th Avenue Jones
Heather B
Jayo Felony
Killah Priest
Lil Cease
McGruff
Mic Geronimo
Monie Love
Mos Def
Ice Cube
Hieroglyphics
Inspectah Deck
Jean Grae
Nate Dogg
O.C.
Onyx

Reason why? Their music is not "relevant" to the BET audience. (12-19 year old black females). Buckshot speaks on it in the new XXL.

sad BET turned into another MTV.

Ronny
Thats why i dont watch Music Media Channels eek! they all suck

hh?
eek! stick out tongue

Ronny
and because i dont have cable.... blink

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by hh?
eek! stick out tongue

Fuse play some good video occasionally.

hh?
Originally posted by Ronny
and because i dont have cable.... blink

smokin'

Dr. Strangelove
Can only hope that some underground MC will break out into the mainstream to where he or she can make a big enough impression on the masses to look for better hip hop instead of listening to the spoon fed gangster bling bling hip hop.

Why is Nate Dogg on the list? Hasn't he pretty much done all of his stuff with mainstream hip hop artists?

Freaky Zeeky
laughing out loud

hh?
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Can only hope that some underground MC will break out into the mainstream to where he or she can make a big enough impression on the masses to look for better hip hop instead of listening to the spoon fed gangster bling bling hip hop.

Why is Nate Dogg on the list? Hasn't he pretty much done all of his stuff with mainstream hip hop artists?

i dunno about Nate Dogg

but some underground rappers dont want to make it to the mainstream.

like Del the Funkee Homosapien. When they played Clint Eastwood on MTV and radios, he was VERY mad. laughing out loud

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by hh?
i dunno about Nate Dogg

like Del the Funkee Homosapien. When they played Clint Eastwood on MTV and radios, he was VERY mad. laughing out loud

lol

SlipknoT
Method Man, Ice Cube? Arent they Mainstream? Eh, Theres always Old School Rap on MTV 2

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, Mos Def and young black girls are like oil and water. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Revan
Originally posted by hh?
i dunno about Nate Dogg

laughing out loud

Bling bling mainstream hip hop is the modern equivalent of hair metal... It'll die off soon enough.

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
Fuse play some good video occasionally. Never seen good hip hop on fuse.. MTV2 plays alot more good hip hop than any other tv station I have, but they still play indie rock and emo most of the time.

Korri
Originally posted by hh?

Kool G. Rap
Craig G
MC Lyte
Buckshot
Kool Keith
A Tribe Called Quest
A+
Jeru
The Liks
The Artifacts
AZ
Bad Seed
Bahamadia
Da Brat
Goodie Mob
Bone Thugs N Harmony
Black Moon
Methodman
E-40
Canibus
Afu Ra
Cappadonna
Channel Live
Cocoa Brovaz
Freddie Foxxx
GZA
El-P
D.O.C.
Diamond D
dead prez
De La Soul
MF Doom
Camp Lo
Geto Boys
Brand Nubian
Boot Camp Clik
KRS One
Black Sheep
Raekwon
4th Avenue Jones
Heather B
Jayo Felony
Killah Priest
Lil Cease
McGruff
Mic Geronimo
Monie Love
Mos Def
Ice Cube
Hieroglyphics
Inspectah Deck
Jean Grae
Nate Dogg
O.C.
Onyx

You gotta stick it to da man no expression.

Df02
De La Soul, Dead Prez, A Tribe Called Quest?

thats ridiculous

Afro Cheese
Well Dead Prez say alot of blatently racist shit, so I can see why they'd be banned. But De La Soul? They're all about peace and flower power, man.

hh?
laughing out loud @ flower power

yea dead prez are racist at times, but Mos Def??? Kool G Rap????

Afro Cheese
Yeah I don't know.. I really don't understand why they have to "ban" artists just cause they don't appeal to their fanbase. I mean banning them makes it seem like they've done something wrong.

Besides Mos Def is kinda popular..

hh?
De La Soul- The Grind Date

it wasn't like their past albums, had like a few commercial albums, they made a music video for Shopping Bags and that didn't even make it on to MTV etc... stick out tongue

Afro Cheese
Yeah I know, I heard about BET specifically turning De La Soul down, I just didn't know they were "banned" along with tons of other great artists.

hh?
afro cheese what did u thing about the album Grind Date?

Afro Cheese
Well it's not up to their normal standards but it's not bad.. has a couple nice songs on there. Only unlistenable song is the one with Sean Paul, just cause of Sean Paul. He's got to be one of the most annoying voices ever. The song they did with Doom is incredibly catchy, though it really doesn't sound like their normal production. I like it though.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Never seen good hip hop on fuse.. MTV2 plays alot more good hip hop than any other tv station I have, but they still play indie rock and emo most of the time.

They recently played a De La Soul video and Mos Def video

hh?
which mos def video?

ElectricBugaloo
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Never seen good hip hop on fuse.. MTV2 plays alot more good hip hop than any other tv station I have, but they still play indie rock and emo most of the time.

haha. MTV2 almost never plays indie rock; the only time they do is during Subterranean. Otherwise it's just pop punk and mainstream rap music all day.

hh?
EB i listened to Elliot Smith- From a Basement on the Hill

it was pretty good. still have to get kinda use to it.

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
haha. MTV2 almost never plays indie rock; the only time they do is during Subterranean. Otherwise it's just pop punk and mainstream rap music all day. Whatever you know what I mean.. "indie sounding" bands like The Killers and Hot Hot Heat. No need to get in a pointless argument over genres.

Darth Calladus
man i never watched bet before...its jus so boring and the rap music these days is jus horrible. bling bling, **** hoes, dont **** with me, ill kill you, yeaaaaah oooooookkkkkk what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i swear thats all i hear. it pisses me off that brothas cant do better then that.

tribe called quest,mos def, de la soul, da brat, geto boys, method man(kinda surprised redman aint on there),why dont they jus ban all underground rappers. thats terrible jus horrible. those are really great artist. and they got em banned cuz thats not what people wanna hear these days. Good God sad banpissed

Darth Calladus
do they even know about this?

Darth Calladus
hh? where did you get that sig. man? that looks cool

hh?
found it on an article at another forum. just made the picture smaller.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.