Armageddon vs Deep Impact

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
These were both great asteriod movies but I thought Armageddon was better. I enjoyed the scene where Paris is blown away and the New York meteor shower.

In Deep Impact, the scene when the small asteroid flies throught the air, and hits water and creates the giant tidal wave was fantastic but way too short.

Darth Macabre
I honestly have not seen both movies in quite awhile. But I do remember liking Deep Impact alot more on the first view. Both decent movies though.

Cinemaddiction
Can I vote for neither..?

DeVi| D0do
Armageddon has Ben Afleck sick , but Deep Impact has stupid teenagers sick ... it's an impossible decision!

I'll vote for Deep Impact simply because Michael Bay doesn't deserve a vote no matter what the comparison is...

and Robert Duvall is cool.

Myth
Also Morgan Freeman was in Deep Impact and had a better disaster without as much corniness.

MildPossession
Neither of the two are favourites of mine, but I would rather watch Deep Impact over Armageddon.

Myth
Oh yeah, neither are definitely quality films, but Deep Impact is much more bearable to sit through.

BuRtOnEsQuE
Er...Well I perfer Armageddon. sad

fini
I like both, but Armegeddon is more entertaining.

Lol although both missions were equally imaginative.

Murray
The funnier one was Armageddon, even though I hate Michael Bay. The last GOOD movie he did was The Rock!

Deep Impact was a much better movie, and the situation just seems a bit more real and scary. Great cast!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, my god! Every time I see Armageddon, I cry! I'm not joking either..."I could stay awake, just to see you dreeeeeeeeeamin'..."

Beautiful.

Myth
Same here! I cry as well! "I could stay away, just to avoid that moooooooooovie..."

Terrible.

T.M
i agree with mostly everyone both are poor movies.

But if i had to i would rather watch Deep Impact because Morgan Freeman is one of if not my favourite actor.

fruits
Armageddon was a fantastic movie with a lot of great action and humor, so it gets my vote

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Myth
Same here! I cry as well! "I could stay away, just to avoid that moooooooooovie..."

Terrible.

You should change that adjective to an adverd and then qualify it with an adjective...something like this:

Terrible - Terribly + Good = Terribly Good.

It is a terrible movie, but it's also good. Thus, 'terribly good'.

Welcome.

kyrrebs
I also like both films, but I am in no doubt when saying that 'Deep Impact; is the superior film. I think it has a better script and you feel closer to the characters. there is also more characters in the film without there being too many.

The special effects are just as goo in both and even though the all-star cast of Armageddon is great, Deep Impact shows that the star quality of the actors in the film does not soley carry the film hrough.

I think Deep Impact deserves the same Special Collectors Edition 2-sidc version as Armageddon has got!

LiL nAstY GirL
I love Armageddon...I cry everytime I see it

Green Skull
Armageddon

jaden101
i preferd deep impact even though armageddon looked better overall...what swings it for me is one scene where a guy is sitting reading his newspaper without a care in world as the huge wave comes thundering through new york behind him...

Lighthammer
First of all, neither of theswe movies are terribel movies. In fact they are both good movies. However the difference is Armageddon is a great movie. Better acting, betterplot(though mor eunrealistic), it had Bruce Willis and it had the most inspriing speech by a fictional president.

Blax_Hydralisk
Most inspiring speech for a President goes to the President in Independence day, kthx.

Armageddon is better, more black people that don't die in that one.

darthmaul1
Deep impact was WAYYYYYYY better,
reasons
1. it was around a year before the comet would hit, giving time to destroy it.
2.Acting was much better.
3. the way they landed on the comet much better,(like a moon landing)
4. 90% of the major characters die. (sacrifice themselves)
The only thing wrong with it is the mole they used to drill with, not sure how feasible that is, but at least they are drilling into ice and not solid rock.

Why Armageddon sucked
1. Acting sucked (whoa man what are you doing with a gun in space?) eeech
2.Only had 18 days before it hits (I'm sorry we would be so screwed may as well kiss your ass goodbye)
3. Landing and taking off the way they did on the asteroid was soooo stupid.
4. The way they were drilling without and fluid(where do the cuttings go?)
5. you can climb down into the hole that should only be maybe a foot across
6. the pipes that were bent there is no way they would bend like that.
7.and Bear picking up the drill pipes like they were toothpicks.

There were only 2 good parts in the whole movie
One where they guy names the asteroid after his wife dotti, (shes a life sucking biotch from which there is no escape)
and when the drillers arrive, the colnel says ( talk about the wrong stuff.)

Lighthammer
Um dude.Deep Impact was a bland movie. Eliah wood was annoying as usual, Morgan Freeman while an amazing actor and can most defientely pull off the role of the president, he didn tfit the role for this movie in particular. Also he said the waves broguth by the first asteriod would move faster than the speed of sound. Well, than eliajh wood and his girlfriend wcouldnthave escaped because you cannot outrun the speed of sound. Besides that I will admit that deep impact is the more relaistic of the two, but in a movie that involves an asteroid hiting earth I am more into a thrillride than I am a serious take of it. And you want to talka bout acting, besides freeman and duvall, what acting was there? Tea Leaoni plain and simple is annoying as an actress and was the wrong chocie for this role any role quite frankly. two, eliah wood dont think so. Then who else do you have? red from that seventies show? and cheesy? deep impact takes the acke? taht emotional scene on the beach pullllease or the astronauts saying goodbye to their families or frodo going back to save his girlfriend?
Armageddon on the other hand had quality acting ll around. granted the first half ha its fair share of cheesy dialouge but what action flick doesn't? Bruce willis was amazinga s usual, and at least his speech to his daughter had depth and length and actually ahd an emotional impact. I have a friend who is like 6 foot 3 maybe 270 pounds and he admitted that he wept because that scene was so moving.

Blax_Hydralisk
People dislike Armageddon simply because it's an action movie with an action hero main character while Deep Impact is a touching emotional drama with an emotional lead (Fvcking Frodo).

it's the same reason why movies like Star Wars and the Terminator never win awards.

BobbyD
I enjoyed both movies! I'm easy (to please). laughing out loud

darthmaul1
Elijah and his girl friend left before the comet hit and I don't think they really went too far just to higher ground and the comet impacted in the middle of the atlantic so they had time,
Forgot to mention that Armageddon was also dumb because the Asteroids were hitting in China and New york ain't gonna happen.

Blax_Hydralisk
What do you mean aon
t gonna happen? Theres' always a chance, especially is there are many asteroids.

darthmaul1
Think about it, if those hit on the first day, there is no way that any trailers will hit a day later and espically the big one wouldn't even hit. the earth is moving way to fast for that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.