If you could only own one Superman comic...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemshock2
Out of your collection of comics, if you could only own one Superman comic what would yours be? For me it's a graphic novel that barely blipped on the comic radar, which is really a shame. It's called Superman: Under a yellow sun. What makes this comic book really great is that it's read as a novel written by Clark Kent. In it he uses a fictional character that mimics his world involving the dual roles of Clark Kent and Superman. It was finally really good to delve into how Clark thinks his role is as Superman and vice versa. The last splash page, with Superman flying off into the city really sold it for me. If you can find it on Ebay and Amazon by all means try and get it. So what would your must-own Superman comic be?

dawsey28
Either The Death of Superman

or Superman #1.

EDIT* Well those aren't out of my collection, but...

xmarksthespot
I don't own it. But if I could own one Supes comic it'd be Action Comics #1. Cos it's worth a fortune. big grin

olympian
I would like to onw a silver age one where he figths Hercules in an arena style match.

Or the one where he moves the earth by himself with chains.

systemshock2
Here's one that I wish I could own that'll probably never happen. A Superman/Doomsday comic fully painted by Alex Ross. droolio

pr1983
Originally posted by systemshock2
Here's one that I wish I could own that'll probably never happen. A Superman/Doomsday comic fully painted by Alex Ross. droolio

if you ever become rich you can have one comissioned...

I've never read Death of Superman... so that...

willRules
Anyone drawn by Jim Lee..........

i really wanna own and read the death of superman at the hands of doomsday..when was that made..like 91?

Maikahyandowen
93 I think. Death of Superman is an awesome comic. I'd get that one, or the ones from the Imperiex war.

Superman 24
Action comics 15 I think. MONEY

Jargon343
One of my favorite comics is Superman-Doomsday Hunter/Prey

redcaped
The comic Superman will always be more powerful. It is a very disappointing fact. The movies look better but he barely handles heavy things like it's usual on comics.

eleveninches
the one where he fights doomsday and dies

Sea King
Originally posted by systemshock2
Out of your collection of comics, if you could only own one Superman comic what would yours be? For me it's a graphic novel that barely blipped on the comic radar, which is really a shame. It's called Superman: Under a yellow sun. What makes this comic book really great is that it's read as a novel written by Clark Kent. In it he uses a fictional character that mimics his world involving the dual roles of Clark Kent and Superman. It was finally really good to delve into how Clark thinks his role is as Superman and vice versa. The last splash page, with Superman flying off into the city really sold it for me. If you can find it on Ebay and Amazon by all means try and get it. So what would your must-own Superman comic be?

i already own it the death of superman

BlackC@
I have 'The Death of Superman' smokin' But I haven't opened it.

MrHeavySilence
Superman: Birthright.

That's what he's all about

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.