Sean Connery Retires?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bilb
Sean Connery Retires?

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1707662005

Does that mean he wont be in INDY 4??

Lady_Jade
I just died as I read that. I hate life.

KillTheLight
no i seriously doubt it ..i just checked imdb and he's name isn't signed up for the movie..erm..

( i just read in that interview from that site you posted that he used to think it was ok to hit woman..i'm slightly disgusted and shocked at that )

Lady_Jade
Yeah I knew about his hitting a long time ago but whatever, he was hot when he was young and if he ever hit me I'd punch him.

bilb
Yeah he has been quite the ornery cuss in interviews over the past few years which makes him less sexy to me.. but I really thought he was all jazzed about Indy 4.. other than that I dont care if he retires stick out tongue

KillTheLight
he obviously wasn't 'jazzed' enough..erm..i guess he went out on a low then cause LXG was crap..I bet if he had done LOTR he wouldn't be retiring now..personally i couldn't care less that he's decided too either..and I also dont care if he was hot when he was younger cause his attitude towards woman was ugly..

Lady_Jade
I don't agree with his attitude if that is what you are implying. People like that disgust the living hell out of me. He's a great actor but if I was ever in the position where any man would hit me I wouldn't be afraid to swing right back. Is that right? Hell no but some men have that damn macho shit going on and it makes them think they can do things like that. I'd knock his ass down and maybe he'd think twice about hitting any woman ever again. ^_^

KillTheLight
I wasn't implying that you agreed with his attitude.. i kind of figured you didn't from your previous post where you stated quite clearly that you'd 'punch him'

Lady_Jade
Ok just making sure ^_^

Cinemaddiction
..why are you using bold tags? It's kind of annoying, not to mention, equivalent to yelling.

Lady_Jade
? Because that is my trademark in every forum I join. I like to be different.

If I were yelling, I'd use caps ^_^

KillTheLight
blink ..nice sig btw ^

DeVi| D0do
Yes, the bold is annoying... it makes it seem like you have something important to say. stick out tongue

I too am bummed he wont be in Indy IV. sad

harryfielder
He'll do an Arnie and say....''I'll be back''

Aitch,

jaden101
connery is the most over rated actor ever...he's been in loads of films apart from the bond ones...only about 5 have been any good

the best being hunt for red october
highlander
the untouchables
the longest day
indiana jones and the last crusade

Lady_Jade
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Yes, the bold is annoying... it makes it seem like you have something important to say. stick out tongue

I too am bummed he wont be in Indy IV. sad

Trust me guys, it's just simply a trademark. I don't think everything I say is more important than anyoe else, it's just a habit now too. I've been doing it for two years now so at this point I just automatically click the bold button ^_^

It's true, Sean is overrated. He's been in a lot of crapy films, especially as of late, but he is still a great actor.

kanis
starwars That's sad but in a way he has earned the right to retire he has his health and lots of money he has been a part of an award winng franchise and done loads over pretty good films and has earned the respect from american actors he has worked with. I don't think they should make another IJ movie harrison ford isn't exactly spritely these days either.

bilb
Originally posted by jaden101
connery is the most over rated actor ever...he's been in loads of films apart from the bond ones...only about 5 have been any good

the best being hunt for red october
highlander
the untouchables
the longest day
indiana jones and the last crusade

but then again most of the good actors have the same dilemma.. Look at Michael Caine and Sam Jackson.. they have both made alot of crap flicks but when they make a good one.. boy is it GOOD!! most good actors just want to keep working, so they take the good with the bad & hope that the directors & editors make the right decisions, IMO. Been said before, noone starts out to make a bad film... except maybe Renny Harlin stick out tongue

jaden101
i personally think michael caine is a crap actor to be honest...he has landed some well written characters and has been in some good films (dirty rotten scoundrels...classic) but hasn't really been all that good

i hae enjoyed some of his stuff...cider house rules...get carter...zulu...the italian job...

sammy jackson on the other hand is a great actor...pulp fiction...changing lanes...51 state...rules of engagement...the negotiator...sphere...out of sight...jackie brown...a time to kill...long kiss goodnight...menace II society...juice...goodfellas...187...

but in reality...he is practically the same charater in all of them

yerssot
he has said that if they pay him a lot of money, he would return.
Lets not forget that Indy IV is barely being worked on last time I heard and Connery aint getting any younger ...

Reborn Again
There are just some things that no one wants anyone else to know. I'd do the same thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.