Speed Improvements

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
I've just implemented some new (quite advanced) changes with viewing threads. The changes are made in the hope that pages will load just that bit faster.

However, due to this quite big changes (in the background at least), there may be a possibily that some bugs may be around. If you do notice anything strange that shouldn't be, please let me know in this thread.

Captain REX
Bugs? I'll show ya bugs... stick out tongue

I have my 'Posts Per Page' set to 40, and everything is hunky-dory with that except for the fact that some recent posts aren't showing up, and that it's doing 20 Posts Per Page instead of 40. messed

Raz
Yup, noticed them myself. Working on a fix.

Oh and the per page will be forced to 20 for the time being.

Captain REX
That's kinda sorta a drag, but oh well. Just notify us when it's not. yes

Lana
I was just going to say that I wasn't having some recent posts show up, but Rex already did.

Oh well, I said it anyway stick out tongue

Tex
Originally posted by Raz
I've just implemented some new (quite advanced) changes with viewing threads. The changes are made in the hope that pages will load just that bit faster.

However, due to this quite big changes (in the background at least), there may be a possibily that some bugs may be around. If you do notice anything strange that shouldn't be, please let me know in this thread.

That's right! You know what's good for you! diva

See what happens when The Tex throws a bitchy gay tantrum! Things get done around here! sly

Raz
OK, it's switched back on *fingers crossed*

Storm
The difference is notable.

Tex
It's all my doing! photodivaphoto

Raz
You should notice the most difference over at the Tig Party big grin

Syren
Still having problems in my sig thread... recent posts not showing sad

dave123
Originally posted by Raz
Yup, noticed them myself. Working on a fix.

Oh and the per page will be forced to 20 for the time being. erm Meh, I'll learn to live with that....

dave123
I just made a post in JB, nothing came up.

I made another, nothing came up.

I saw "dave123" as last poster in the thread - made another post, nothing came up.

Made a fourth post, and then suddenly all 4 messages apperared confused

Syren
All the messages are reappearing? laughing out loud Everyone's gonna be triple posting roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
Originally posted by dave123

I saw "dave123" as last poster in the thread - made another post, nothing came up.

all in JB I hope wink

dave123
Originally posted by Syren
All the messages are reappearing? laughing out loud Everyone's gonna be triple posting roll eyes (sarcastic) Quad-posting, cos I'm retarded/special eek!

dave123
Just say a thread has 35 posts in it, on the forum where I pick the thread, it won't have the "Page 2" option, and I'll be damned if I'm changing my settings to 20 posts per page stick out tongue

Syren
Quad posting... you're just greedy laughing out loud

Lana
Okay, in the RP discussion thread in the SWRP forum, NO new posts have been coming up, and some have been posted over an hour ago...

Raz
Just say a thread has 35 posts in it, on the forum where I pick the thread, it won't have the "Page 2" option, and I'll be damned if I'm changing my settings to 20 posts per page stick out tongue Fixed.

Raz
Originally posted by Lana
Okay, in the RP discussion thread in the SWRP forum, NO new posts have been coming up, and some have been posted over an hour ago... OK, disabled until I can find the problem.

silver_tears
Is there a reason why it's some forums and not others?

Raz
I'm not sure, but it seems to be a problem with a component I'm using.

I've come up with a quick fix, so it's enabled again.

Flying High
the tig party in the LOTR forum smile

Raz
It's working for me.

Darth_Janus
For awhile in the SW Versus forum, new posts were not coming up, even though they showed on the thread listing. However, it's been okay for about ten minutes now..

Killer_Dennis
Originally posted by Captain REX
Bugs? I'll show ya bugs... stick out tongue

I have my 'Posts Per Page' set to 40, and everything is hunky-dory with that except for the fact that some recent posts aren't showing up, and that it's doing 20 Posts Per Page instead of 40. messed Same thing's happenin with me

Raz
Could you only post here if you're experiencing problems right now. Previous problems are known.

Killer_Dennis
Originally posted by Raz
Could you only post here if you're experiencing problems right now. Previous problems are known. I'm having the problem that Janus explained right now..post's aren't showing up..

Hermione202

That happened to me 2 hours ago on the Harry Potter forum , but i posted something diffreant the second , third , and fourth try , so fortunately it didn't have the same things . smile

dave123
All of my posts were different

2Tidus!
I posted in the Unhosted RPG forum, and when you view the title of the thread it sais last post by "2Tidus!" however when I or other people go into that thread, There's nothing posted by me at the end, even thought I did post. However after a couple of minutes, it became viewable... Weird... Just informing.

Smodden
All of Kmc makes my computer freeze and crash.no expression No other site does this...messed

Dark princess
I was posting in the coven and I couldn't see what I wrote after I pressed submit...

Clovie
*reports* happened yesterday while i was talking with Syren...

Syren
*reports*

All posts that were missing in my thread have appeared big grin

Clovie
so now i look like an idiot bag with saying the same few times

Syren
blink No, I was trying to make myself look silly because I kept repeating myself, all my posts, now they all came back ninja But yeah, actually, you look silly too shifty

Clovie
eek! cry you had to say it? stick out tongue

Syren
laughing out loud I had to.. I couldn't restrain myself whistle

Clovie
why not? shifty

Syren
Because I have no self restraint. You know this eyes

Clovie
sometimes you seem as if you had some tiiiny bit of it stick out tongue

Syren
I do?? eek! Oh my gosh, all is not lost!!! I am pure and demure...

Clovie
seem being the keyword stick out tongue

Syren
miffed Knew there was a catch.

Clovie
did you forget who are you talking with? purplequeen1

Syren
As if laughing out loud

But did you forget who you were tricking? nono

Clovie
you won't again winkiss

me? of course I didn't purplequeen1

Syren
bluequeen Watch it, sista.

Clovie
I live on the edge eek!

DarkC
It's probably my computer instead of a glitch, but the "new post" buttons are instead appearing as text "Go to first new post" instead of a picture; it has also happened with the "Thread Announcement" tab beside the thread. And the KMC logo at the top of the page appears as text also: "KillerMovies - Movies that matter!"

Syren
blink Are you smoking weed?

Storm
Originally posted by DarkC
It's probably my computer instead of a glitch, but the "new post" buttons are instead appearing as text "Go to first new post" instead of a picture; it has also happened with the "Thread Announcement" tab beside the thread. And the KMC logo at the top of the page appears as text also: "KillerMovies - Movies that matter!"
I' ve experienced it as well a few times. It' s your computer.

Clovie
Originally posted by DarkC
It's probably my computer instead of a glitch, but the "new post" buttons are instead appearing as text "Go to first new post" instead of a picture; it has also happened with the "Thread Announcement" tab beside the thread. And the KMC logo at the top of the page appears as text also: "KillerMovies - Movies that matter!" ctrl+ F5 wink

Originally posted by Syren
blink Are you smoking weed? moi? huh

Syren
laughing out loud nooo... DC wink

DarkC
Well, will you look at that, it's completely fixed.

(sets timer again)

LordSorgo
There was another thread i was in and it said that another poster had posted a reply, but when i went inside the thread, i saw nothing but the previous post. I had to post in order to see his post come up. Really weird stuff.

Clovie
ERROR

ERmm..when you have a thread subscribed it is shown in your user CP..
and then when i click on the "last post" it is opening the first page of the thread..it happend lotsa times..but firstly i thoguht i just clicked in the wrong place..but now i'm sure and i've checked it and it happened again

Fire
ooh that happened to me before this update.

Clovie
to me it happened just today.

§P0oONY
When I went to view the OTF... I got a message saying how quick the page was generated.... happened a few times... until I closed and reopened my browser.

pr1983
I don't know if this is due to another improvement, but are pictures that are uploaded automatically resized?

Kosta
Not having any problems with posts not showing, but I keep getting runtime errors, every single page has a runtime error. erm. Not getting it with any other websites.

Syren
You people are never satisfied roll eyes (sarcastic)

whirlysplat
A lot of Sigs are not showing, I am in the UK

Clovie
happened again
Originally posted by Clovie
ERROR

and then when i click on the "last post" it is opening the first page of the thread..it happend lotsa times..but firstly i thoguht i just clicked in the wrong place..but now i'm sure and i've checked it and it happened again

Raz
Originally posted by Clovie
ERROR

and then when i click on the "last post" it is opening the first page of the thread..it happend lotsa times..but firstly i thoguht i just clicked in the wrong place..but now i'm sure and i've checked it and it happened again fixed

Raz
Originally posted by whirlysplat
A lot of Sigs are not showing, I am in the UK Close your browser and re-open.

Clovie
Originally posted by Raz
fixed tx

golden moon
some pictures don't show at once so I have to use show picture to see them...

golden moon
also some pages show this:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK P3P: policyref="http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/p3p.xml", CP="NOI DEV PSA PSD IVA PVD OTP OUR OTR IND OTC" Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Server: CAFE/1.0 Cache-Control: private, x-gzip-ok="" Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:53:48 GMT X-Cache: MISS from proxy01.spidernet.net X-Cache-Lookup: MISS from proxy01.spidernet.net:83 Proxy-Connection: close

instead of adds...

Raz
Thats not related to the recent changes. Its your browser. Try switching to Firefox, it may help.

golden moon
good idea.

IE sucks

Syren
mad IE is hotstuff... but I've been using Safari on my Mac and sometimes Firefox big grin

pr1983
Ive been having a pm problem that may be due to these improvements... apologies if this has been addressed already...

if i have more than one pm, and have answered the first one, i go to reply to the second one, if i click preview i am still made to wait the 30 seconds...

its only a small niggle... but just in case...

Storm
Are others seeing this as well: What the Bible teaches about death?

Clovie
in the quote. yes

TrAnCeDuO
Raz i hate to whine and complain but im getting really sick and tired of the default view posts per page being 20. When are you gonna turn it back on?

Raz
Originally posted by pr1983
Ive been having a pm problem that may be due to these improvements... apologies if this has been addressed already...

if i have more than one pm, and have answered the first one, i go to reply to the second one, if i click preview i am still made to wait the 30 seconds...

its only a small niggle... but just in case... fixedOriginally posted by Storm
Are others seeing this as well: What the Bible teaches about death? that person seems to have spyware that is trying to inject htmlOriginally posted by TrAnCeDuO
Raz i hate to whine and complain but im getting really sick and tired of the default view posts per page being 20. When are you gonna turn it back on? not sure, but allowing the change would mean a slowdown of the server.

Raz
I've had another overhaul of the displaying of threads. This time we should see a consistent speed improvement no matter how large the thread (this includes the tig party wink)

Again, if you notice anything out of place, please let me know here.

whobdamandog
Problem with the SM vs Batman, SM vs Cap Wolverine DD, and SM vs Wolverine threads..Some of them are out of order..and alot of people's posts are missing from the past couple of days.

Grand Moff Gav
I had a problem a little while ago when i couldnt reply to anything,it sorted itself out now though,duh.

Acherontia
Each time I change forums from a thread, I am logged out, And if I am in a thread, and click the "go to this forum which I am allraedy on" It logs me out...

Raz
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Problem with the SM vs Batman, SM vs Cap Wolverine DD, and SM vs Wolverine threads..Some of them are out of order..and alot of people's posts are missing from the past couple of days. Could you post links to these threads?

Ushgarak
Whoa! Yup, thread scramble ahoy, Raz. Here is one of my scrambled big 'uns:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f7/t12698.html

The archived version is intact for comparison. The first page is totally scrambled, the thread starts on page two.

Raz
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Whoa! Yup, thread scramble ahoy, Raz. Here is one of my scrambled big 'uns:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f7/t12698.html

The archived version is intact for comparison. The first page is totally scrambled, the thread starts on page two. Should be fixed now. I totally forgot about database fragmentation.

Ushgarak
Ta muchly...

dave123
How could you forget about the database fragmentation? Noob roll eyes (sarcastic)

dave123
Not sure if this is Raz's tinkering or not, but if I hold shift and click a link, the link I click on should come up in a new window, and the main window should remain as the same page.

For some reason, if I do it now, both windows load up as the link I clicked.

Intentional? Accidental? My computer's fault?

Lana
I think it's your computer as I just tried shift-clicking a link and it opened in a new window just fine without affecting this one.

dave123
I think I'm just an attention seeker stick out tongue It works fine now, and I did nothing to fix it... thanks for the help Lana big grin Guess it was just a psychological problem confused

Lana
laughing

Or maybe a random glitch?

Raz
Setting individual "posts per page" is now back. Please keep in mind that changing from the default will mean a slow down of page displays.

I highly recommend you stick with the current default.

dave123
*completely ignore's Raz's advice and sets it back to 40* happy

Cheers big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.